Ohio State vs Michigan game cancelled

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1607452930718.png

Doesn't matter, B10 will bend over backwards for OSU whether they get a game or not. Rules be damned.

Big Ten really dropped the ball this year. Let Ohio State try and schedule A&M or someone out of conference if they can’t play a Big Ten game.

B10 has already told other schools to pound sand for wanting to play OOC games. Would be funny to watch them renege on another rule for the conference darling.

As it stands right now the BIG CG is Indiana vs either Northwestern or Iowa. Let Ohio State play whoever is the 2nd place team in the west next week. The playoff committee already knows Ohio State is the best Big Ten team. The dont need to win the actual CG. 6-0 or 7-0- wont change their resume. The committee WANTS Ohio State. Along with Bama and Clemson.

Pretty silly for the conference to keep its best team out of the championship game and the playoff via an arbitrary games played rule

Pretty silly for the conference to keep its best team out of the championship game and the playoff via an arbitrary games played rule
Pretty silly to not follow a rule that they themselves made.

The B10 looks incompetent. Could they really not have seen this as a possibility?

The rule was silly from the outset. They shouldn’t let their lack of foresight impede Ohio State. Pretty wise to revisit the rule

It's a silly rule but it's one that they made. From a money perspective obviously I get it, and the fact that OSU is their only hope for the playoffs since the rest of the conference is trash this season. This all could turn out to be a moot point if another B10 game gets cancelled, which looks like a real possibility with Purdue cancelling practice today. That could give us OSU-Indiana Part II in Bloomington with the east on the line.

Indiana vs Northwestern in the B10 Championship game; since both are the best of the teams that have played 6 games.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Some sports analysts are suggesting that Maryland and Rutgers can alter their schedule to accommodate the Buckeyes by Maryland playing the Buckeyes this week. I suppose Rutgers could possibly play Indiana if Purdue cancels. However, both Maryland and Rutgers have been game planning on playing each other. You can't tell either team tomorrow, looks like you only get two days to prepare for your new opponent this Saturday.

It’s all about the health and safety of 18-22 year old athletes don’t ya know ?
It was funny watching the B10 cancel, expecting every other conference to follow suit, only to look like clowns when every other conference said nah we're good lol

It was funny watching the B10 cancel, expecting every other conference to follow suit, only to look like clowns when every other conference said nah we're good lol
Yeah, the arrogance is breath taking, it’s why I half expect them to tell OSU to pound sand

I'm actually hoping they do. Would have far more respect for them if they did.
Not me, I’m a Buckeyes fan first and UC second and the Buckeyes are by far the best team in the conference. I just wish they wouldn’t have screwed this up so bad from the jump.