2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site has them at 7-2 so far this season and with 942 wins. ??‍♂️

That website is inaccurate. Valdosta is 5-4 at this time. Their first game was a forfeit. This website also has the Lee County game as a win. The Wildcats lost 41-7. I read an article from the Valdosta paper that gave the correct score.

That website is inaccurate. Valdosta is 5-4 at this time. Their first game was a forfeit. This website also has the Lee County game as a win. The Wildcats lost 41-7. I read an article from the Valdosta paper that gave the correct score.
Yes that website is wrong, very odd since the booster club runs that site. How could you have the score wrong for a game on your own site ?? ???‍♂️

Not a rumor just a wish to play down at Steubenville.

My realistic dream schedule would be
1. Mentor
2. Glenoak
3. Warren G Harding
4. St. Ignatious or St. Ed’s
5. Akron City series team, let some kids play on Friday night who normally wouldn’t get to.
6. Steubenville
7. Austintown Fitch
8. Ashland
9. Wooster
10. The Greatest Rivalry in all of sports.

1. Mentor
2. Glenoak
3. Warren G Harding
5. Akron City series team, let some kids play on Friday night who normally wouldn’t get to.
6. Steubenville
7. Austintown Fitch
8. Ashland
9. Wooster

I'd like to see Avon play Massillon regularly. Somebody like Winton Woods would be nice too.

No doubt. You are talking the top 3 public schools in D2 in recent years. Now let's also PLEASE get a LaSalle vs. Hoban matchup too. Strictly as a fan myself. How these 2 haven't met during their unbelievable runs is, well unbelievable.
Crazy that they haven’t played. Meanwhile we’ve had to go through two of Lasalle, Hoban, Avon, Winton Woods each of the past three years

1. Mentor
2. Glenoak
3. Warren G Harding
6. Steubenville
7. Austintown Fitch
8. Ashland
9. Wooster
Ashland and Wooster? That's interesting.

1. Mentor
2. Glenoak
3. Warren G Harding
6. Steubenville
7. Austintown Fitch
8. Ashland
9. Wooster
That is a good schedule, could rotate in Hoban, Boardman and Avon on different years.

To beat teams after the first 2 rounds of the playoffs you have to play a strong schedule. The 5 schools in our backyard would give us games that aren’t competitive. That was proven last year and again this year in the playoffs.
I can't believe the kids in those 5 schools wouldn't be pumped to see Massillon on the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe the kids in those 5 schools wouldn't be pumped to see Massillon on the schedule.
The kids are pumped to see Massillon on the schedule at least from reading interviews leading up to the games. The problem is the adults in those schools don’t want to schedule Massillon on a yearly basis. Massillon has tried to schedule home and home’s and only 1 fed school steps up. But as I said the games haven’t been competitive anyway so why bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
But as I said the games haven’t been competitive anyway so why bother.
Very true. Steel sharpens steel, we need to be scheduling the Hobans & LaSalles of the world. Avon, Winton Woods, Toledo CC....continue playing the Iggys & Eds. We already play GlenOak who won't challenge us OR get us points and McKinley who challenges us somewhat but should give up a nice amount of point. D1 points nonetheless. GlenOak needs replaced until they return to their Garcia type days, in my opinion you either replace them with an Avon type program, where the game could go either way....the winner will get a lot of points but BOTH teams come away better than when they went in. Or....if their adamant about putting another fed school on the schedule, Perry is the only one I would go with due to the amount of points they'll give you.

I assume that is why, that way the title games can be the first weekend in December instead of Thanksgiving weekend.

8th grade RB headed to tiger town
6’0 182

8th grade RB headed to tiger town
6’0 182
And who is this kid where is he from . Also I think we are set at RB for a few yrs just saying lol.

The big question will be can the Tigers put a Defense out next year as good or better than this year’s. The offense I believe will be fine with Hartson and Crable in the backfield as of now. We will have the same teams to deal with in the playoffs. Hoban returns their Oline but the defense will have to be reloaded Lasalle has to replace QB and a lot on defense. Winton Woods is my pick to come out of the Cincinnati region next year. Avon will be good as always. It will come down to which team puts the best defense on the field next year.

The big question will be can the Tigers put a Defense out next year as good or better than this year’s. The offense I believe will be fine with Hartson and Crable in the backfield as of now. We will have the same teams to deal with in the playoffs. Hoban returns their Oline but the defense will have to be reloaded Lasalle has to replace QB and a lot on defense. Winton Woods is my pick to come out of the Cincinnati region next year. Avon will be good as always. It will come down to which team puts the best defense on the field next year.
Good pick w Winton Woods. They will be good just young on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.