Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2020-2021

is there even a website for good scores anymore?

For the past 16 years I have found the best website for Northwest Ohio hoops has been Davey1.com. All
teams in NW broken down by league. Schedules, scores and past history of tournaments.

This year will be a real challenge for the site with potential last minute schedule changes/cancellations etc.
I looked at the site earlier tonite and it looks like team schedules are posted. I only checked the TRAC, but assumed
all other NW teams/ leagues are also posted plus updated info on enrollment numbers for the 4 Divisions.

JB

I agree Davey1 is great but I'm looking more for local post game scores and articles. The local tv stations don't seem to post them on their websites anymore.

Sorry I can't help you with that. Our local paper, The Lima News used to be a terrific paper for local
sports with a large crew of sports writers and did a great job. Now there is a skeleton crew left.
One very good writer Jim Naveau remains, but he can't cover the entire area or even attempt to.

It's a sad situation, but seems commonplace today at nearly every newspaper that is still being printed in Ohio.
I'm sure there are exceptions around the state, but the papers I am most familiar with Newark Advocate, Columbus Dispatch
and The Lima News all are a shell of what they used to be when it comes to local sports. Still decent coverage on the Buckeyes. Browns and Bengals, but mainly AP copy. Not sure what The Toledo Blade, Cleveland Plain Dealer or Cincinnati and Dayton
papers have when it comes to local sports.

Just a sign of the "Times" ( pun intended ) I guess.

JB

Blade had nothing on the game. It was SF's annual foundation game. Was supposed to be against Springfield but covid struck the Blue Devils and TC stepped in. I'm sure all of SF's 6'8 and 6'9 and three year players took the runts lightly. McWhinnie is top player in area and there was only one dunk in the game and that came from the 6'1" Wenzek from TC. Lol. Was told TC roughed up on CCHS in a scrimmage as well.

The Blade did cover all of the preppy kids delivering boxes of food to the poor. You know? All of the cans of corn and green beans from the cupboard that mom bought for a casserole a year ago. Pure sacrifice.

Absent an injury I would pick St. Johns to win the league. They have good size and a bunch of football athletes with some toughness. Plus a very good young PG.

Lucas County Health Department just ordered (not recommendation) that school buildings be closed and athletics and extra curricular be paused from December 4 through January 11. Won't be worrying about the TRAC for awhile.

Lucas County Health Department just ordered (not recommendation) that school buildings be closed and athletics and extra curricular be paused from December 4 through January 11. Won't be worrying about the TRAC for awhile.

There goes 2020-2021 Winter Sports

Giant $chit show scramble amongst the schools to secure private gyms at the moment.

It will be very interesting to see Lucas County HS' making deals with private gyms and/or schools outside of Lucas County (Wood County) and continue to play.

Giant $chit show scramble amongst the schools to secure private gyms at the moment.

It will be very interesting to see Lucas County HS' making deals with private gyms and/or schools outside of Lucas County (Wood County) and continue to play.

Wood County higher on the watch list than Lucas. What a crazy scenario.

Last edited:
Defiance 51 Findlay 41

Findlay beat Defiance by 20 last year and have all their top guys back. Findlay missing anyone for Covid?

And Defiance lost most of its production AND coach.

Definitely was pleasantly surprised by the result. I'll hold any excitement in case the answer to Findlay COVID issues is yes.
I'm not aware of any Covid problems with the basketball team. I have some opinions about the Findlay basketball program but none of them are constructive so I'll pass on that one. Also, Defiance can never claim they lost a basketball coach when they just replace him with another Lehman. :D

I'm not aware of any Covid problems with the basketball team. I have some opinions about the Findlay basketball program but none of them are constructive so I'll pass on that one. Also, Defiance can never claim they lost a basketball coach when they just replace him with another Lehman. :D

True enough lol.

But the 2 1000 point scorers are a definite loss.

Was super impressed by Defiance and underwhelmed by Findlay. I mean I’m sure there’s something to coming out flat in an opener amid all the craziness this off-season, but Defiance just out-worked them. Started three sophomores, played five and no one scored more than 10. Future is bright for them.

East, their head coach is Bryn Lehman, Kirk’s son. He’s been an assistant the last few years

Was super impressed by Defiance and underwhelmed by Findlay. I mean I’m sure there’s something to coming out flat in an opener amid all the craziness this off-season, but Defiance just out-worked them. Started three sophomores, played five and no one scored more than 10. Future is bright for them.

East, their head coach is Bryn Lehman, Kirk’s son. He’s been an assistant the last few years
To smalls point, did Adams and Strempka (spl?) play?

To smalls point, did Adams and Strempka (spl?) play?
Findlay didn't have Montgomery who might've given Defiance some problems with his size/strength. Had everybody else. Defiance only has a couple of kids with varsity experience and used 3 or 4 sophomores. They played well. Watched part of the 3rd and the entire 4th on the livestream. I'm sure the Rucki critics are out in full force.

Findlay didn't have Montgomery who might've given Defiance some problems with his size/strength. Had everybody else. Defiance only has a couple of kids with varsity experience and used 3 or 4 sophomores. They played well. Watched part of the 3rd and the entire 4th on the livestream. I'm sure the Rucki critics are out in full force.
I believe Montgomery is out due to football injury. Findlay had a shooting problem yesterday. Think in long run will be ok.