Hoban 35 Massillon 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if Hoban fan had come on they would have showed up after a loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since everyone else uses lower case and you already know what you're typing, there's no reason not to use the lower case.
IF IT HURTS YOUR EYES, SIMPLY IGNORE WHAT I POST.
I USE A WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND AM 20 FEET FROM MY TV SCREEN.
LOWER CASE DOESN'T CUT IT FOR ME.
BECAUSE I DO PROOF READ AND TRY TO CORRECT TYPOS OR GRAMMATICAL/SPELLING ERRORS.

Do you recall when before the season began, the Massalloonies bragged about how the Tigers were going to dominate due to their three D-1 wide-receiver recruits? Did any of them catch a pass in the title game?

Do you recall when before the season began, the Massalloonies bragged about how the Tigers were going to dominate due to their three D-1 wide-receiver recruits? Did any of them catch a pass in the title game?
How many of the three were seniors, 1 or 2?

Wow, talk about delusions. Massillon is 2-2 vs Hoban & Lasalle the past 2 years, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Did you whine about winning those 2 games? You do realize Massillon runs their football program just like a strong private school program, right? I have no problem with it, I think kids should be able to go to school wherever they want & have the opportunity. But don't play the poor us card, Massillon has more resources & better facilities than just about anybody in OH, and they use them to build their roster the same way any other private does. That's the world & philosophy Moore came from. Did the Chardon folks start a thread tonight about all the advantages Desales has on them? Oh, that's right, they beat Desales. The whining is tired, and nobody cares, especially from a program that has what Massillon has.

Why was Massillon forced to use "open enrollment" to be competitive, genius?! Does it make it right, that it isn't for the OHSAA to correct the problem, the only answer is to aggravate the situation, by justifying buying into it, as the answer?! Went right over your head, didn't it. There's no level playing field or competitive balance. Only a few teams have the "talent" to qualify for the final four. Then what is the reward for playing. Your team is so outclassed that they are physically beat up, as a result? Maybe you've missed the point, of these teams not being able to fill a schedule because schools don't want to go through the next games, so beat up, that they can't compete. Even Massillon has to dodge, scheduling "all comers"' so they are healthy enough to get through the playoffs.

I thought I'd let it rest and it would die down, after a few days. (THREE DAYS LATER AND YOU CAN SEE THE "TRASH" THAT IS STILL BASHING THE KIDS, NOT JUST THE FANS!!!) The trolls will never let it go, they "think" the state finals record gives them a pass to trash the tradition and ignore the "booster club" links objectively explaining the situation! They don't have a legitimate argument. They don't have to, hate is their only justification! One pertinent point goes over the "false news" you like to post. During the poll era, since that argument was brought up so often, any schools having a challenge to their championship, scheduled the pretender as soon as possible, legitimizing their title. You think if you keep saying it, it's true, the joke is, you're the only fools that buy into your poll trashing!

People can justify anything, if there's no one to dispute it. I'll bet you think Biden's election isn't highly questionable because of undocumented, mail-in votes?! Even better, you can't see the 25th amendment being invoked because anyone can see, he has the onset of a brain disorder.

Let's see if an analogy clarifies the situation. Taiwan was found to violate the rules and draw from 250,000 for their all-star teams, while the US could draw from only 15,000. Yet everyone was convinced that they were better than us at our national past time. It took LL, banning them, till they could comply with the rules.

In the AABC, Massillon qualified for the state tournament every year but couldn't compete with the all-star teams THERE, who themselves couldn't compete with Midland, at the regionals. The local all-stars couldn't compete, with the national all-stars for the Connie Mack championship.

Is this what you feel is right, that every year only a few teams should qualify (that others wouldn't play because of their overwhelming "physical" dominance)?!

Then you try to intimidate any "push back" because that would be whining! How incredibly ignorant!

Watch those who continue to troll, ignoring the facts and validating each others false news!

A team is physically beat up, yet they can't force themselves to explain the actual situation. They hate Massillon so much they will NEVER have any other explanation!

Last edited:
Db, the glaring difference is Terrell was able to get his recruits to play as a team and Moore wasn't.

Last edited:
Question:

When will the paid off AP Poll Titles be replaced (last one, 1970) at PBTS with 1980, 1982, 2005, and 2018-20? Seems more relevant being Runner-up than mythical titles with last one 50 years ago.

Why was Massillon forced to use "open enrollment" to be competitive, genius?! Does it make it right, that it isn't for the OHSAA to correct the problem, the only answer is to aggravate the situation, by justifying buying into it, as the answer?! Went right over your head, didn't it. There's no level playing field or competitive balance. Only a few teams have the "talent" to qualify for the final four. Then what is the reward for playing. Your team is so outclassed that they are physically beat up, as a result? Maybe you've missed the point, of these teams not being able to fill a schedule because schools don't want to go through the next games, so beat up, that they can't compete. Even Massillon has to dodge, scheduling "all comers"' so they are healthy enough to get through the playoffs.

I thought I'd let it rest and it would die down, after a few days. (THREE DAYS LATER AND YOU CAN SEE THE "TRASH" THAT IS STILL BASHING THE KIDS, NOT JUST THE FANS!!!) The trolls will never let it go, they "think" the state finals record gives them a pass to trash the tradition and ignore the "booster club" links objectively explaining the situation! They don't have a legitimate argument. They don't have to, hate is their only justification! One pertinent point goes over the "false news" you like to post. During the poll era, since that argument was brought up so often, any schools having a challenge to their championship, scheduled the pretender as soon as possible, legitimizing their title. You think if you keep saying it, it's true, the joke is, you're the only fools that buy into your poll trashing!

People can justify anything, if there's no one to dispute it. I'll bet you think Biden's election isn't highly questionable because of undocumented, mail-in votes?! Even better, you can't see the 25th amendment being invoked because anyone can see, he has the onset of a brain disorder.

Let's see if an analogy clarifies the situation. Taiwan was found to violate the rules and draw from 250,000 for their all-star teams, while the US could draw from only 15,000. Yet everyone was convinced that they were better than us at our national past time. It took LL, banning them, till they could comply with the rules.

In the AABC, Massillon qualified for the state tournament every year but couldn't compete with the all-star teams THERE, who themselves couldn't compete with Midland, at the regionals. The local all-stars couldn't compete, with the national all-stars for the Connie Mack championship.

Is this what you feel is right, that every year only a few teams should qualify (that others wouldn't play because of their overwhelming "physical" dominance)?!

Then you try to intimidate any "push back" because that would be whining! How incredibly ignorant!

Watch those who continue to troll, ignoring the facts and validating each others false news!

A team is physically beat up, yet they can't force themselves to explain the actual situation. They hate Massillon so much they will NEVER have any other explanation!

DB, I seem to recall a game last year about this time when the Tigers beat that vaunted Hoban all-star team. Was there an unfair advantage present in that case?

I'm sorry, but if the system is going to start putting a magnifying glass on teams that draw from Austintown and Dublin it won't be long until that same magnifying glass focuses on teams that draw kids from Akron and Beachwood. I agree the system may be broken but it has way more than one crack.

DB, I seem to recall a game last year about this time when the Tigers beat that vaunted Hoban all-star team. Was there an unfair advantage present in that case?

I'm sorry, but if the system is going to start putting a magnifying glass on teams that draw from Austintown and Dublin it won't be long until that same magnifying glass focuses on teams that draw kids from Akron and Beachwood. I agree the system may be broken but it has way more than one crack.

You don't get it. I'm against recruiting, no matter who does it. Yet, I'm all for using "open enrollment", to even the playing field, if the OHSAA isn't going to level the playing field, even if it means separate divisions. I'll bet Rick Spielman's family saw the point, when it cost him two broken thumbs, yet he never whined!

Ask Terrell, he "whined" that the reason for the performance was he had 6 kids injured or out.

As far as polls and the way schools handled "challenges" to their championships. From the booster club articles.:

Virtually all the powerhouses in Ohio were on the Massillon schedule during this period. There were many super showdowns throughout this period, including the great game of 1940 against Toledo Waite (Massillon won 28-0), and the super showdown against Niles in 1964 (Massillon won 14-8, stopping the 48 game win streak of Niles). Almost every year, Massillon and McKinley were battling at the end season for the championship, as both teams frequently eliminated the other top teams of Ohio. It was a glorious period of football for the Massillon Tigers, and it's what put Tigertown on the map as the ultimate high school football power in the nation.

Weak excuses (whining), is when you got beat by the better team. When one "PRIMARILY" did that because of an uneven playing field, that is objective facts!

Last edited:
You don't get it. I'm against recruiting, no matter who does it. Yet, I'm all for using "open enrollment", to even the playing field, if the OHSAA isn't going to level the playing field, even if it means separate divisions. I'll bet Rick Spielman's family saw the point, when it cost him two broken thumbs, yet he never whined!

Ask Terrell, he "whined" that the reason for the performance was he had 6 kids injured or out.

As far as polls and the way schools handled "challenges" to their championships. From the booster club articles.:

Virtually all the powerhouses in Ohio were on the Massillon schedule during this period. There were many super showdowns throughout this period, including the great game of 1940 against Toledo Waite (Massillon won 28-0), and the super showdown against Niles in 1964 (Massillon won 14-8, stopping the 48 game win streak of Niles). Almost every year, Massillon and McKinley were battling at the end season for the championship, as both teams frequently eliminated the other top teams of Ohio. It was a glorious period of football for the Massillon Tigers, and it's what put Tigertown on the map as the ultimate high school football power in the nation.

Weak excuses (whining), is when you got beat by the better team. When one "PRIMARILY" did that because of an uneven playing field, that is objective facts!
So you're going to reference teams from the 40's-60's? Ok, since the playoffs started Massillon has not been able to win a Title. Isn't that the least bit odd to you? Clark brought up that you beat Hoban (All Stars) last year, Lasalle (All Stars) this year but can't win the one that counts? Massillon can beat them in the playoffs, just not the championship. You use OE to recruit players to even the playing field (your words) yet still can't win it. As I mentioned before, other schools have figured a way to do it in football and other sports as well. Even the local schools that many Massillon fans (have not seen you do it) dump on have won State Titles while Massillon seems to make excuses for the lack of getting it done. I don't think anyone on here is rooting against the Massillon kids, it is the adults that annoy everyone with the bravado and chest thumping of Tradition of Championships from long ago. Do it in the present and maybe it would be more relevant. You've brought up OSU's AP titles, the difference is they've also won in the Playoff era as well. By the way Jackson's 2 D1 Basketball State Titles were both won against arguably the best basketball program in the state, Moeller. I know those aren't football but the point is Jackson beat the All Stars. Be proud of the old days but maybe Massillon (adults) should tone it down a bit until they win a Playoff Title.

So you're going to reference teams from the 40's-60's? Ok, since the playoffs started Massillon has not been able to win a Title. Isn't that the least bit odd to you? Clark brought up that you beat Hoban (All Stars) last year, Lasalle (All Stars) this year but can't win the one that counts? Massillon can beat them in the playoffs, just not the championship. You use OE to recruit players to even the playing field (your words) yet still can't win it. As I mentioned before, other schools have figured a way to do it in football and other sports as well. Even the local schools that many Massillon fans (have not seen you do it) dump on have won State Titles while Massillon seems to make excuses for the lack of getting it done. I don't think anyone on here is rooting against the Massillon kids, it is the adults that annoy everyone with the bravado and chest thumping of Tradition of Championships from long ago. Do it in the present and maybe it would be more relevant. You've brought up OSU's AP titles, the difference is they've also won in the Playoff era as well. By the way Jackson's 2 D1 Basketball State Titles were both won against arguably the best basketball program in the state, Moeller. I know those aren't football but the point is Jackson beat the All Stars. Be proud of the old days but maybe Massillon (adults) should tone it down a bit until they win a Playoff Title.

Every time you post, your hate over shadows any semblance of reason or logic. You post generalizations, not based on facts, to fit your false narrative. IF you read the topics in the links, you would understand YOU have nothing of substance to challenge the poll titles You aren't THAT ignorant not to figure out the teams that have dominated the playoff titles and WHY!. Figure it out genius, does ANYONE beat the best all-star team for the championship? Funny you don't comment on why teams need to use ANYTHING to level the playing field. There are a few publics that enrollment allows them to compete. The six times we were in the championship games, we faced some of the best teams in the history of the playoffs. Moore has "figured" it out with three straight finals appearances. Does that make the current situation right. That only an elite team has a chance of winning a final.

Your motivation for your obsession is clear, hate. Regardless of what you and other trolls try to do, the OHSAA recognizes the titles and the links I posted from the booster, cover all the "legitimate" points, of all systems. The "FACT" you don't even read it and return to regurgitate the same tired lies, proves what a hateful piece of garbage you and your arguments are! You are NOBODY and because you have decided a way to validate a poll title means nothing (so you discount all the other college football coaching legends, if their programs win poll and not playoffs)? This is how TOTALLY IGNORANT and hate based your points are!

Did Moeller's BB team draw players in the same manner? You don't know or care, all you want to do is throw all the garbage out you can, to smear the team you're obsessed over!

The trolls make fools of themselves because every chance they get that TRY to draw a connection and conclusion to try and destroy the Massillon football tradition. No one takes you seriously as the small group of you pat eah other on the back as you post your false news.

DB, now is it that everyone else in the discussion doesn't get it?

Also, the Tigers have been in the top 1 or 2 percent of D2 teams the last two years which means they're an all-star team compared to everyone but LaSalle last year and Hoban this year.

Good luck to the Tigers. I think Ohio football is better when the Tigers are in the mix. I just don't think they're in a position to complain about another team's talent base. I'll leave that for schools like Fitch, Buchtel, Beachwood and Dublin Coffman that lose top notch players to other programs.

DB, now is it that everyone else in the discussion doesn't get it?

Also, the Tigers have been in the top 1 or 2 percent of D2 teams the last two years which means they're an all-star team compared to everyone but LaSalle last year and Hoban this year.

Good luck to the Tigers. I think Ohio football is better when the Tigers are in the mix. I just don't think they're in a position to complain about another team's talent base. I'll leave that for schools like Fitch, Buchtel, Beachwood and Dublin Coffman that lose top notch players to other programs.

Try understanding the point, instead of trying to draw the trolls in, to support you. Try reading the post over and try to comprehend it. I support open enrollment to level the playing field. Instead of seeing the first line and posting without reading the entire post.

The point ISN"T what any team had to do to keep up with the all-star teams. Why is the OHSAA allowing a system that isn't competitively balanced.

A few wouldn't give up. Like the media with the president, Massillon is wrong no matter what they do! They totally ignore the lack of competitive balance and the uneven playing field. If this were another school, I KNOW there would be an honest discussion of the FACTS!

Give it a few years, Massillon has reached the top. Moore's TOTAL IMPACT has yet to be seen. I KNOW the trolls already have their excuses to attack Massillon when they win the state championship.

You people really don't get it. It isn't that we deny recruiting and attack others for doing it. It's actually you attack Massillon for OE and ignore the fact that it's is done to level the playing field!

Last edited:
Every time you post, your hate over shadows any semblance of reason or logic. You post generalizations, not based on facts, to fit your false narrative. IF you read the topics in the links, you would understand YOU have nothing of substance to challenge the poll titles You aren't THAT ignorant not to figure out the teams that have dominated the playoff titles and WHY!. Figure it out genius, does ANYONE beat the best all-star team for the championship? Funny you don't comment on why teams need to use ANYTHING to level the playing field. There are a few publics that enrollment allows them to compete. The six times we were in the championship games, we faced some of the best teams in the history of the playoffs. Moore has "figured" it out with three straight finals appearances. Does that make the current situation right. That only an elite team has a chance of winning a final.

Your motivation for your obsession is clear, hate. Regardless of what you and other trolls try to do, the OHSAA recognizes the titles and the links I posted from the booster, cover all the "legitimate" points, of all systems. The "FACT" you don't even read it and return to regurgitate the same tired lies, proves what a hateful piece of garbage you and your arguments are! You are NOBODY and because you have decided a way to validate a poll title means nothing (so you discount all the other college football coaching legends, if their programs win poll and not playoffs)? This is how TOTALLY IGNORANT and hate based your points are!

Did Moeller's BB team draw players in the same manner? You don't know or care, all you want to do is throw all the garbage out you can, to smear the team you're obsessed over!

The trolls make fools of themselves because every chance they get that TRY to draw a connection and conclusion to try and destroy the Massillon football tradition. No one takes you seriously as the small group of you pat eah other on the back as you post your false news.
LMAO, you're so blinded by your clinging to the past and what Massillon used to be. I don't hate Massillon, I laugh at Massillon and their inability to not only win a Playoff Title in football but also not be consistently competitive in most other sports. All while dismissing other schools that have won titles. Your hatred for those schools and especially the Fed that rejected Massillon twice and wins Playoff titles is apparent. You're just bitter as the world has moved past Massillon and nobody cares about your AP titles that were from 50+ years ago. And yes Moeller's basketball teams draw players the same way Hoban and all the other "All Star" teams do. Jackson just manned up and beat them twice, while the Baseball team also won 2 D1 State Titles. So right or wrong, little old Jackson has won 4 D1 Playoff State titles in 2 different sports while Massillon wants to make excuses why they can't win one. Deal with it. BTW, where did I discount any college football programs for their poll titles? I used OSU as an example. I have acknowledged Massillon's AP titles before, congrats. Many on here weren't alive when those were won or never saw them. Why can't you just admit that Massillon fails when it counts? You're just making a fool of yourself.

Try understanding the point, instead of trying to draw the trolls in, to support you. Try reading the post over and try to comprehend it. I support open enrollment to level the playing field. Instead of seeing the first line and posting without reading the entire post.

The point ISN"T what any team had to do to keep up with the all-star teams. Why is the OHSAA allowing a system that isn't competitively balanced.

A few wouldn't give up. Like the media with the president, Massillon is wrong no matter what they do! They totally ignore the lack of competitive balance and the uneven playing field. If this were another school, I KNOW there would be an honest discussion of the FACTS!

Give it a few years, Massillon has reached the top. Moore's TOTAL IMPACT has yet to be seen. I KNOW the trolls already have their excuses to attack Massillon when they win the state championship.

You people really don't get it. It isn't that we deny recruiting and attack others for doing it. It's actually you attack Massillon for OE and ignore the fact that it's is done to level the playing field!
Lol, yes everyone, including the OHSAA is against the Tigers. It is a massive conspiracy to keep Massillon from winning a State title :rolleyes: ?

I don't attack Massillon for OE, it is within the rules. I just wish they'd use it to actually win a Title.

Status
Not open for further replies.