Gwoc

Rice didn’t win offensive POY? can’t believe it.

well he had 2 less games then smoot. I think he had little over 100 more yards than rice. Smooth completion% was 59.2 Rice was 58.1. Smoot had 24 passing tds and 9 rushing. Rice had 30 td receptions and 2 rush tds. These two were pretty equal but smoot has two more games. So. Splitting hairs here. But u also have remember smoot is only a jr. so he b better next year with all they have coming back

I thought Rice would have won POY with more pass yds and TDs per game plus won the head-to-head. Both kids had really good years. I don't see it posted on the GWOC site - is it official?
agreed- thought Rice would win especially with the head to head win. it’s not Rices fault he didn’t get the extra games. he put up VERY nice numbers for 8 games.

EF5EB4F2-ADD2-4032-BF60-995D2A9EAFEB.png

Interesting that Wayne coach Mukes was selected as one of the Coach of the Year picks. I would have expected to see the Northmont coach.

What a joke that is....... The players quit on him and did not want to finish the season. Changes are needed at Wayne and that is bringing in a coach that is not affiliated with Wayne.

What a joke that is....... The players quit on him and did not want to finish the season. Changes are needed at Wayne and that is bringing in a coach that is not affiliated with Wayne.
Those are harsh words, calling kids quitters. Shoot I know one player on that team that never quit! He overcame some adversity and overcame! You are no fan of Wayne in my book.

Thats a bit extreme I seen kids going all out in the playoff game. And only his 2nd year with as hc. Played everyone in gwoc close should of beat Northmont beat Centerville twice

Wayne wasn’t bad by any means and the kids didn’t quit. they were much better than they were last year as well. they were competitive in every single game.

Thats a bit extreme I seen kids going all out in the playoff game. And only his 2nd year with as hc. Played everyone in gwoc close should of beat beat Centerville twice
[/QUOTE="vamp2syd"]What a joke that is....... The players quit on him and did not want to finish the season. Changes are needed at Wayne and that is bringing in a coach that is not affiliated with Wayne.[/QUOTE] Remember, this is the guy that thinks mocking the indigenous people in front of a stadium filled with spectators is not insensitive.

This comment is a joke. Wayne’s losses were close and against quality opponents. The players never quit on the field which speaks to a certain amount of buy in with the coaching staff. They were down 5 in the playoffs to Springfield before giving up a TD with a little over two to play.

Cats...enjoy your moment with the individual awards. Any objective observer would conclude rice was easily the best player. And did the most for his team. As incredibly unbelievable, and wrong, as this decision was, the coaches vote mite have been worse. Wayne?? Really?? Guess the butthurt and resentment over rice coming to northmont for his senior year really did run deep.

well he had 2 less games then smoot. I think he had little over 100 more yards than rice. Smooth completion% was 59.2 Rice was 58.1. Smoot had 24 passing tds and 9 rushing. Rice had 30 td receptions and 2 rush tds. These two were pretty equal but smoot has two more games. So. Splitting hairs here. But u also have remember smoot is only a jr. so he b better next year with all they have coming back
What does him coming back next yr have to do w anything regarding this award? U were singing smoots praises all yr despite your supposed longtime allegiance to the bolts. So u should be doing cartwheels over this decision lol. Sad u cant appreciate what northmont, and rice and the rest put on display for you. Do u realize smoot was a big part of their rushing attack, with plays called for him? Rices yds were a product of him running when the protection broke down- VERY few designed plays for him. But make no mistake- rice could have put up massive yds running had they chosen to have him do so. Mite be a little deep for you to grasp so wanted to clear that up.

Those are harsh words, calling kids quitters. Shoot I know one player on that team that never quit! He overcame some adversity and overcame! You are no fan of Wayne in my book.

There is a reason why they did not finish the season. They still had 3 weeks to play but chose to turn in the equipment. That is 3 weeks of no practice nor games to improve the program moving forward. Simply put, they quit on the season be it the players or the coaching....... If the truth hurts than I am sorry.....

Thats a bit extreme I seen kids going all out in the playoff game. And only his 2nd year with as hc. Played everyone in gwoc close should of beat Northmont beat Centerville twice

Did not beat a team that finished above .500 this season.

I stated before the season started that with the talent on the team Wayne should finish no worse than 5-1 and win at least 2 playoff games. They failed on both accounts. That is not coach of the year results in my book.... it should of gone to Northmont's head coach. A coach of the year does not blow a 17 point 4th quarter lead......

keep in mind Northmont and Springfield were both state caliber teams this year. the GWOC was very solid this year (outside of Beavercreek)