Cobra Kai

TroyTrojan05

If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend. It is one of the best shows I’ve seen lately. Was always a big fan of the Karate Kid franchise, but for some reason I just kept passing on this thinking it would be cheesy. But it’s really good.

I binge watched it about two months ago when I was stuck at home after having bicep surgery. I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated I would. I believe season 3 comes out in January.

It has been a very enjoyable series. Funny and smart it is self aware and self deprecating. Ralph Macchio knows his limitations as an actor and, to his credit, he has created a series that is entertaining despite his limitations. The flash backs and references to the films moves the story along and adds quite a bit of nostalgia.

I am looking forward to season 3.

(fixed thanks to NewOldBlood)

Last edited:
It has been a very enjoyable series. Funny and smart it is self aware and self deprecating. Scot Baio knows his limitations as an actor and, to his credit, he has created a series that is entertaining despite his limitations. The flash backs and references to the films moves the story along and adds quite a bit of nostalgia.

I am looking forward to season 3.

Scott Baio is certainly limited as an actor, but Ralph Macchio is and always will be the one and only Karate Kid ?

Too funny. Well its Monday. yes, I should have said Ralph Macchio. Have you ever seen Dustin Hoffman and Al Pacino in the same room? It makes you wonder.
Scott Baio and Ralph Macchio would be easy to confuse. Or Hoffman and Pacino. Or Pacino and DeNiro.

Jesse Eisenberg and Michael Cera are the two that I can't keep straight for some reason.

I’ve already seen the series but have been getting my wife and daughter caught up. We binged all of season 2 today. They’re hooked.

I knew how good it was but even seeing it again, the season 2 finale is just awesome.

I’ve already seen the series but have been getting my wife and daughter caught up. We binged all of season 2 today. They’re hooked.

I knew how good it was but even seeing it again, the season 2 finale is just awesome.
Curious to see what ends up happening to Miguel.

I’d call it intentionally cheesy though. The show purposely makes fun of the movies.

I agree...it’s not a drama it’s a comedy. It’s intentionally cheesy.

I avoided it at first thinking it would be dumb, but gave it a try one day out of boredom and ended up binging the first two seasons in one weekend.

I liked when they’d have Johnny and Daniel start to bond, and then as soon as it seemed they were cool something bad would happen to I drive another wedge between them. Looking at the season 3 trailer it looks like they are going to join forces against Kreese.

On a side note, am I the only one who kind of feels like Daniel was the “bad guy” the first two seasons? And I don’t like the Robby character or Demetri.

On a side note, am I the only one who kind of feels like Daniel was the “bad guy” the first two seasons? And I don’t like the Robby character or Demetri.

I did too. Not necessarily the bad guy in the sense that Johnny was the bad guy in the original, but certainly the heel. I definitely felt myself kind of pulling for something good to happen with Johnny. I thought that was the smartest thing the writers could have done to keep the story fresh. The role reversal for Johnny and Daniel was not something I saw coming when I started watching.

I never realized it until just now, but the Cobra Kai member who has the famous “put him in a body bag!” line is the one who dies on Cobra Kai the show.

Love this show. We have 2 episodes left in season 2 and we’re excited to start season 3 when it comes out Friday!!

It’s so much better than I would have anticipated.