MACtion Returns

Toledo went completely off the rails last year with good talent but nothing but coach speak to answer "why?" THey didn't get hurt too much by graduation, in the skills positions. New coaches all around the HC might explain the problem last year.

Toledo went completely off the rails last year with good talent but nothing but coach speak to answer "why?"
It certainly was tough enough to have Guadagni go down but I got the distinct impression that the team simply quit on that staff last year. Candle has a MAC title to his credit but the coach speak wears thin after a while. I doubt that he has anything to worry about in terms of his job because he comes at the right price but it was likely a good move to clean house on some of the assistants.

Without any OOC games, how does anyone even come close to making a prediction. You're one frat party away from starting the second team. Toledo hasn't even figured out a QB yet.

Ohio is going to be good. Potentially very good. Bring back the majority of starters on offense and defense. Did lose some key players, but also added quite a bit of talent.

QB is THE big question... Graduated Nathan Rourke BUT have his younger brother as a redshirt freshman... He appeared to be heir apparent until we signed UNLV grad transfer Armani Rogers this summer... Solich has done a good job managing split-time for QBs in the past and that is what I would expect here. Return all other weapons on offense... did lose a couple lineman but Ohio is basically the Wisconsin of the MAC in that regard so should be fine there...

Ohio’s big problem under Solich is we usually blow a game late in the MAC season... Hopefully the shortened season helps here...

Also Solich is 76 (but otherwise in good health) so hopefully he can avoid the rona.

BG very young, intimidated by the crowd fumbled and INT on first two possessions. Barely a scrimmage cost one of their starting linemen. Fibula break. Be interesting to know how that came about.

Looks like Toledo is still off the rails. Coach isn't winning to many play-calling battle. Looked foolish the entire last quarter and a special teams unti. hasn't learned lessons found in most high school programs. Like, don't kick to the 4.3 guy.

I doubt there are any Buffalo fans here but I am curious about their QB situation. I watched them play Penn State last season and came away very impressed with their RS freshman QB, Matt Myers. He was dropping passes all over field!

I checked in on the team today and was VERY surprised to see he's not even starting this year. What gives?!

Curious! If he's not going to play this year, why didn't they gray-shirt him?! Seems like a waste!

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter this year with Covid's effect on eligibility, ha!

Last edited:
He's healthy. Just got beat out by the QB that replaced him last year.

MAC west is wrapped up. WMU doesn't have a lose in what's left of their schedule and certainly not the two that Toledo would need because you know, coach can't manage a clock.

He's healthy. Just got beat out by the QB that replaced him last year.

MAC west is wrapped up. WMU doesn't have a lose in what's left of their schedule and certainly not the two that Toledo would need because you know, coach can't manage a clock.
Can't manage a clock, special teams are a hot mess, and the three-man front defense with 3-deep had "hard" corners to presumably bracket that were playing eight yards off. That'll teach Western to throw to the sideline.

Finally UT gets an ESPN3 so I can watch. WMU has the tie breaker against UT and they do not have two loses left on their schedule. West is all wrap up after just a few games so no hope of getting to the post season. But still at least get to watch.

Which team has the East?

Of course, this is never mentioned on cleveland.com or the PD, because, God forbid any team other than OSU be written about. Even after the daily fifteen articles on OSU, there must be a little room for coverage of NEO teams, instead of exclusively covering a team 200 miles away.

Does "back" to life apply to Kent St? :ROFLMAO: I'm hilarious.

For sure Lewis is looking like another MAC incubated P5 coach to be. I'm amazed by the numbers, my favorites of course being Meyer and Saban. Both still very supportive of BG and UT, even for such a short time they were actually here. Meyer helps out local charities still.