2020 Games You Are Watching

Work will get in the way this week, but I'll still be able to watch this big game:

tOSU vs. State Penn 7:30 Saturday ABC

Will miss, but hope to catch online replay:

Cincy vs. Memphis 12:00 ESPN

A couple of opening MAC games next Saturday:

Ohio University vs. Central Michigan 7:00 ESPN
Toledo University vs. Bowling Green 8:00 ESPNU

Belated edit: Thursday :(

Last edited:
Minnesota misses an extra point in overtime to lose to Maryland. Michigan’s offense performance last week doesn’t look nearly as impressive now.

Minnesota misses an extra point in overtime to lose to Maryland. Michigan’s offense performance last week doesn’t look nearly as impressive now.
And Rutgers beat Michigan State last week and MSU beats Mich. today. Got to love 2020:cool:

Trevor Lawrence has the Covid, anyone who thinks he is going to miss the ND game is smoking crack.
He might not be allowed. The Frosh who played today is still a stud. I think it’s a tossup with him playing vs ND next week

When’s the last time a defending National Champion finished the next season with a losing record? Looking that way for LSU.

When’s the last time a defending National Champion finished the next season with a losing record? Looking that way for LSU.

But Coach O talks funny, he must be a good Coach. That’s why you don’t listen to Barstool for actual sports info.

I might sound like a homer, but ND’s Defense is elite. They have 4-5 guys who would start anywhere. Kyle Hamilton is the best Safety on the country as a Soph.

I might sound like a homer, but ND’s Defense is elite. They have 4-5 guys who would start anywhere. Kyle Hamilton is the best Safety on the country as a Soph.
Who have they played this year that is well thought of?

Clemson’s D couldn’t shut Syracuse or BC down. It’s harder to play shutdown Defense than ever before.
But you said NDs defense is elite? Do elite defenses give up 13 to GT, Duke and 26 to FSU? Three pretty crappy teams

They only gave up 1 TD, the other was a fumble return for a TD. FSU also scored 10 pts off Turmovers.

You Irish fans always talk a big game but then get crushed when you face really good teams ??
I think anyone who knows me, knows I’m far from a homer. I think this ND team is very good, but they might get waxed by Clemson even w/o Lawrence. We’ll see, but everything I’ve seen from this ND team makes me think this Defense is special. The only thing keeping them from being top tier is Book at QB.

I think anyone who knows me, knows I’m far from a homer. I think this ND team is very good, but they might get waxed by Clemson even w/o Lawrence. We’ll see, but everything I’ve seen from this ND team makes me think this Defense is special. The only thing keeping them from being top tier is Book at QB.
You sound like a homer

You sound like a homer
How so? I gave you impartial evidence as to why ND has a borderline elite Defense. I also told you they’re not elite as a team bc of the QB. I do think if you put UNC’s QB on this team, they’d be on par with Bama, OSU, and Clemson, but that’s not how the world works. They might be Clemson w/o Lawrence, but they’re not beating them in the presumptive rematch in the ACC Title game. Ian Book isn’t good enough to beat a top tier team.

Good weekend of NCAA action coming up on 11/6-7, here are the key games>

Friday night Group of 5 special>
#9 BYU at #21 Boise State

Saturday>
#23 Michigan at #13 Indiana
#8 Florida vs #5 Georgia
#1 Clemson at #4 ND
Stanford at #12 Oregon

Who has Clemson played? Miami and that’s about it. ND’s Defense is dominant.
Clemson has years of equity, we've constantly heard that Clemson doesn't play anyone, then they go to the playoffs and drum the Ohio State's and the Alabama's. Notre Dame's next big win will be it's first in at least a decade. HUGE game this weekend for the Irish. If they can't beat Clemson without Lawrence, they are frauds. If they win, they should be in the playoffs, and don't be shocked if a one loss Clemson gets in. Clemson and ND would likely play again in the ACC championship game. The networks will salivate having big markets Ohio State AND Notre Dame in the playoffs, along with regulars Alabama and Clemson. Imagine an Ohio State / Notre Dame semi final and Bama and Clemson on the other?

Clemson has years of equity, we've constantly heard that Clemson doesn't play anyone, then they go to the playoffs and drum the Ohio State's and the Alabama's. Notre Dame's next big win will be it's first in at least a decade. HUGE game this weekend for the Irish. If they can't beat Clemson without Lawrence, they are frauds. If they win, they should be in the playoffs, and don't be shocked if a one loss Clemson gets in. Clemson and ND would likely play again in the ACC championship game. The networks will salivate having big markets Ohio State AND Notre Dame in the playoffs, along with regulars Alabama and Clemson. Imagine an Ohio State / Notre Dame semi final and Bama and Clemson on the other?
Clemson still has nine 5* recruits starting. Their Freshman QB would be starting at 95% of schools.

Clemson still has nine 5* recruits starting. Their Freshman QB would be starting at 95% of schools.
And they looked very ordinary without the 5* that sat out last week due to Covid. There is no doubt Clemson is good and has talent all around, but they just about lost at home to Boston College. And not Doug Flutie's BC teams.

And they looked very ordinary without the 5* that sat out last week due to Covid. There is no doubt Clemson is good and has talent all around, but they just about lost at home to Boston College. And not Doug Flutie's BC teams.
Not unexpected when you’re playing your 1st game with a True Freshman QB. Something similar happened vs Syracuse 2 yrs ago, and Clemson went on to win the Title.

I’m not delusional enough to think a Notre Dame win isn’t diluted with Lawrence’s absence, but it’s still a huge win.

Good weekend of NCAA action coming up on 11/6-7, here are the key games>

Friday night Group of 5 special>
#9 BYU at #21 Boise State

Saturday>
#23 Michigan at #13 Indiana
#8 Florida vs #5 Georgia
#1 Clemson at #4 ND
Stanford at #12 Oregon
I just can't watch a game at Boise State:

1604355583121.png

Can you even adjust your tv enough to bear that?

My brother told me of a worse field this weekend:

1604355360766.png

Close, but I'd have to agree.

Hoping Saturday is cold and/or rainy so I can justify being a couch potato with that lineup. :)

Will pull for Indiana, Georgia, Notre Dame and Stanford. Especially interested in the Meat Chicken - Hoosier game.

I heard from a ND Grad that they should sell this weekend's game as Catholics vs Evangelicals.

touchdown-jesus.jpg

vs.
Clemson.jpg