D1, D2, D3 District Predictions - SW Ohio

Cincy_Futbol

There are separate threads for DI and DII. Figured I’d just put all three divisions and match ups here. Post predictions and thoughts below.

D1
Carroll vs. Mason
St. Xavier vs. Oak Hills
Loveland vs. Centerville
Sycamore vs. Beavercreek

D2
Benjamin Logan vs. Wyoming
Monroe vs. Summit Country Day
Oakwood vs. Tipp

D3
Mariemont vs. Yellow Springs
Madeira vs. Troy Christian
Greenon vs. Botkins

My thoughts

D1
Carroll vs. Mason - Carroll wins. Slight upset here.
St. Xavier vs. Oak Hills - St. X wins big.
Loveland vs. Centerville - If true that Cville bets player is out that can change things. But I still take Centerville.
Sycamore vs. Beavercreek - Creek wins close. Maybe OT. Maybe PKs.

D2
Benjamin Logan vs. Wyoming - Wyoming Big.
Monroe vs. Summit Country Day - SCD Close.
Oakwood vs. Tipp - Oakwood wins in regulation. If it’s raining hard then advantage to Tipp.

D3
Mariemont vs. Yellow Springs - Mariemont with a slight scare to CCD. Maybe just what they needed. Mariemont wins.
Madeira vs. Troy Christian - Madeira wins.
Greenon vs. Botkins - Botkins wins.

There are separate threads for DI and DII. Figured I’d just put all three divisions and match ups here. Post predictions and thoughts below.

D1
Carroll vs. Mason
St. Xavier vs. Oak Hills
Loveland vs. Centerville
Sycamore vs. Beavercreek

D2
Benjamin Logan vs. Wyoming
Monroe vs. Summit Country Day
Oakwood vs. Tipp

D3
Mariemont vs. Yellow Springs
Madeira vs. Troy Christian
Greenon
vs. Botkins
My picks.

D1
Carroll 1 Mason 3 - Carroll wins a lot of regular season games but not D1 playoff games.
St. Xavier 4 Oak Hills 1 - How is Oak Hills still playing soccer?
Loveland 1 Centerville 2 - No love for Loveland
Sycamore 0 Beavercreek 2 - Beavercreek is dam good.

D2
Benjamin Logan 0 Wyoming 5 - Who is Benjamin Logan? Where is Benjamin Logan? How is this happening?
Monroe 2 Summit Country Day 3 - I don’t know Monroe but I know Summit wins playoff games and championships.
Oakwood 1 Tipp 3 - Just the Tipp.

D3
Mariemont 3 Yellow Springs 1 - If you like them so much you should just Marie them.
Madeira 1 Troy Christian 2 - Dont bring religion into this.
Greenon 0 Botkins 1- Out of wit.

D1
Carroll 1 Mason 3 - Carroll wins a lot of regular season games but not D1 playoff games.
St. Xavier 4 Oak Hills 1 - How is Oak Hills still playing soccer?
Loveland 1 Centerville 2 - No love for Loveland
Sycamore 0 Beavercreek 2 - Beavercreek is dam good.

D2
Benjamin Logan 0 Wyoming 5 - Who is Benjamin Logan? Where is Benjamin Logan? How is this happening?
Monroe 2 Summit Country Day 3 - I don’t know Monroe but I know Summit wins playoff games and championships.
Oakwood 1 Tipp 3 - Just the Tipp.

D3
Mariemont 3 Yellow Springs 1 - If you like them so much you should just Marie them.
Madeira 1 Troy Christian 2 - Dont bring religion into this.
Greenon 0 Botkins 1- Out of wit.
This is happening because the CBC dominates that sectional number wise. They also refuse to go to a super sectional because the coaches know CBC teams would be lucky to get a seed as high as a 3 or 4 in a super sectional. This way that sectional always has one team in district play. This conference does the same thing in basketball. They don’t want the best teams playing,they want their teams playing.

This is happening because the CBC dominates that sectional number wise. They also refuse to go to a super sectional because the coaches know CBC teams would be lucky to get a seed as high as a 3 or 4 in a super sectional. This way that sectional always has one team in district play. This conference does the same thing in basketball. They don’t want the best teams playing,they want their teams playing.
That sounds like a very unique strategy. So they all go into one bracket to ensure one team from the conference makes it out?

That sounds like a very unique strategy. So they all go into one bracket to ensure one team from the conference makes it out?
Sort of, they refuse to allow an open draw for the tournament. Unlike D1 and D3 (Both genders) that all 20+ teams go into 1 room for placement on the bracket, they keep the Dayton schools separated, so that one of their schools will compete for a district title. As it stands it looks like Tipp is about the only one to compete with Dayton schools (Alter, Oakwood, Bellbrook, Monroe, etc.).

Basically when D3 in Miami Valley tried this they (SWDAB) said the majority of D3 schools had to agree to it. So we brought up fact that most schools wanted the open draw. They then said not just majority but more than +1 of the majority. So three of us coaches went together and we got all of the coaches, AD's and principals to vote and email us the signed documents back. We then took these documents to the SWDAB and almost begrudgingly they voted to allow the open draw for D3 boys. Took 4 years to get this done, while the D3 Cinci schools were already running an open draw for multiple years.

D1
Carroll vs. Mason...Carroll
St. Xavier vs. Oak Hills...St X.
Loveland vs. Centerville... Centerville
Sycamore vs. Beavercreek...BCreek

D2
Benjamin Logan vs. Wyoming...Wyoming...with ease
Monroe vs. Summit Country Day...Monroe
Oakwood vs. Tipp...Oakwood

D3
Mariemont vs. Yellow Springs...Mariemont
Madeira vs. Troy Christian...Madeira
Greenon vs. Botkins... Botkins

D3
Mariemont 4-3. Sounds like yellow springs put up a good comeback.
Troy christian 1-0. Heard they scored maybe in first 10-15 and held them off.
Botkins 2-1. Got nuthin' here other than the score.

D1
Carroll vs. Mason...Carroll
St. Xavier vs. Oak Hills...St X.
Loveland vs. Centerville... Centerville
Sycamore vs. Beavercreek...BCreek

D2
Benjamin Logan vs. Wyoming...Wyoming...with ease
Monroe vs. Summit Country Day...Monroe
Oakwood vs. Tipp...Oakwood

D3
Mariemont vs. Yellow Springs...Mariemont
Madeira vs. Troy Christian...Madeira
Greenon vs. Botkins... Botkins
5 for 10 for me. I would be a star hitter in baseball. Game prediction..not so much.

Centerville
Mason
Sycamore
St. Xavier

Wyoming
Summit Country Day
Tipp

Mariemont
Troy Christian
Botkins

Dayton schools had a rough night.

Everyone keeps doubting Tipp but they haven’t lost in 44 straight games and are the defending state champs. They have given up only 4 goals in 20 games this season!

We get it you like Tipp. The reason they have had some doubters this year are they graduated some key pieces last year and before this week had yet to play anybody of quality this season. Obviously Tipp showed by beating Oakwood they are the real deal and can compete at a high level again this year. Exciting to see how the continue to compete this season.

Sort of, they refuse to allow an open draw for the tournament. Unlike D1 and D3 (Both genders) that all 20+ teams go into 1 room for placement on the bracket, they keep the Dayton schools separated, so that one of their schools will compete for a district title. As it stands it looks like Tipp is about the only one to compete with Dayton schools (Alter, Oakwood, Bellbrook, Monroe, etc.).

Basically when D3 in Miami Valley tried this they (SWDAB) said the majority of D3 schools had to agree to it. So we brought up fact that most schools wanted the open draw. They then said not just majority but more than +1 of the majority. So three of us coaches went together and we got all of the coaches, AD's and principals to vote and email us the signed documents back. We then took these documents to the SWDAB and almost begrudgingly they voted to allow the open draw for D3 boys. Took 4 years to get this done, while the D3 Cinci schools were already running an open draw for multiple years.
Tipp is no longer in the CB C. Tipp is in the league with Piqua,Troy and many of those other D2 schools north of the interstate. I’m getting too old,I can’t remember the name of the league but it’s not a great soccer league and Tipp should dominate most years.