The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

Auggie

While I like Star Wars the franchise has lost some luster over the years due to idiotic casting, writing, and direction but The Mandalorian has gotten folks excited again. Love the way Jon Favreau is telling this story and the cast is rock solid which adds Timothy Olyphant this season. For the geek world the big new cast addition is Ahsoka Tano. Looks like I have something to do over Halloween weekend.

It all starts in a week.

IMO the Abrams movies have sucked. Almost wrecked the franchise.

But I loved the first season of The Mandalorian. It had the same vibe as the superior animated Star Wars series had. Can't wait to watch season 2.

IMO the Abrams movies have sucked. Almost wrecked the franchise.

But I loved the first season of The Mandalorian. It had the same vibe as the superior animated Star Wars series had. Can't wait to watch season 2.

I don't know about all of the most recent trilogy, I think Rian Johnson did a solid take in episode VIII. (Whoever came up with the idea to make Luke a "get off my lawn" curmudgeon should be commended.) JJ Abrams on the other hand was unoriginal in VII and tried to do too much in IX, still slightly better to Lucas's crappy run in I-III.

I just cannot get into the cartoons. I gave it a try after watching the 1st season of Mandalorian and bailed after a few episodes. It seemed to me to be all about convoluted plot lines and introducing fanboy/girl characters that folks could cosplay at those wacky conventions.

It will be interesting to see if and when Ahsoka and/or Boba show up this season.

The rumor is Ahsoka for sure and probably another clone or two of Jango Fett. I think multiple Fetts would be cool and if they keep the dirty western vibe going they can have a lot of fun with that.

The rumor is Ahsoka for sure and probably another clone or two of Jango Fett. I think multiple Fetts would be cool and if they keep the dirty western vibe going they can have a lot of fun with that.
Agreed. I've heard that Rosario Dawson is poised to play Ahsoka. Seems like a legit casting choice.

Agreed. I've heard that Rosario Dawson is poised to play Ahsoka. Seems like a legit casting choice.

Not just poised, confirmed and she’s already filmed her scenes.

Also been rumors of Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren. Last time we saw Ahsoka, Sabine was with her and they were in search of Ezra.

Ahsoka is getting her own spinoff and they are hoping to have another 1-2 spinoffs as well.

Last edited:
Not just poised, confirmed and she’s already filmed her scenes.

Also been rumors of Ezra Bridget and Sabine Wren. Last time we saw Ahsoka, Sabine was with her and they were in search of Ezra.

Ahsoka is getting her own spinoff and they are hoping to have another 1-2 spinoffs as well.
I think the spin-off potential here is exciting, yes. In addition, I'm hoping they introduce more bounty hunters and their backstories.

They all were supposedly in the "dark regions" (Thrawn, Ezra,....) where the First Dorks were supposedly being built out of children, right? That would be the story to fill in, IMO.

Key is to get all the required work completed, and completed early, to keep everyone happy. Pretty simple actually.
Yay, merit!!

Don't leave evidence that it is too easy. Some bastard above you will raise the bar and get a bonus for bird-doggin' you into greater productivity.

Nah. We can let it pass this time. I have other types of nerdery as well - I'm just lucky enough to share this one with the curtain-climbers.
You know, I once saw "Barney" as a friend's kid watched and vowed that "No kid of mine will ever watch this insipid crap!!". Then I observed my eldest, formerly known as Ricochet Rabbit, quietly watching Barney by accident. I caved....

You know, I once saw "Barney" as a friend's kid watched and vowed that "No kid of mine will ever watch this insipid crap!!". Then I observed my eldest, formerly known as Ricochet Rabbit, quietly watching Barney by accident. I caved....
This is an accurate scenario. Good or bad, most of these shenanigans are streamed on the ol' device - where you have to monitor the nonsense and ensure they're not making bad decisions. In retrospect, I'm not sure which is worse.

Was the dialogue purposely meant to sound like bad ren-fest speak? Going for a Serenity vibe?

Graphics and all the fan boy stuff was there but moved way slow for my tastes. They got a good schtick with Baby Yoda, whose agent obviously got contracted they will show make a cute visit every 5 minutes, even if not to do anything but the conversations... seemed to drag.

Last edited:
So I saw this thing over the weekend and I was somewhat disappointed. On the positive it maintained the western feel and the acting was solid with what looks to be an ease into including primary Star Wars cannon at the end. But on the negative side it looks like Favreau got JJ Abrahams fever and recycled the plot line from a season 1 episode in that Mando helped poor villagers defeat a bully and found a potential alley for future a-kicking. This also felt like a mid season stand alone episode and not the big bang to kick off the season, hopefully it was a prologue with the ending Easter egg teeing up the primary plot arc for the balance of the season. We shall see.

Watched last night. Thought it was very good. My biggest fear from the first season to the second is hype forced changes. Continuity was there. Plus they added two excellent actors in Timothy Olyphant and John Leguizamo. Once I found out that the cyclops man was John Leguizamo he strikingly came across as John Leguizamo. Lol.

Last edited: