The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I'd agree with this - most of the lineup under-performed to their career numbers - that should not happen again.

Not sure I'd look for an expensive FA pitcher is they miss on Bauer. I'd be OK with Castillo, Gray, Mahle, Lorenzen 1-4 in the rotation. Antone looks to be a decent 5th, or they may find another cheap guy for that. I'd play Stephenson at C 100+ games, and spend at SS for some offense.
I wouldn’t dip back in to the high end fa pitching market for sure, if you can’t bring Bauer back. I would then focus on upgrading ss and middle relief talent. The Rays have shown you don’t need dominant starters eating 6-7 innings to win. They can certainly follow that route and focus on upgrading their starting 8.

An interesting signing would be Chris Archer. He's been pretty bad with Pittsburgh and might be available on a minor league deal. He's only 30. Can DJ turn him around ala Sonny Gray?
That’s an interesting thought. Has he fallen off due to injury, confidence or some other reason? Seems like a good guy to add to the roster from what I remember.

I'd agree with this - most of the lineup under-performed to their career numbers - that should not happen again.

Not sure I'd look for an expensive FA pitcher is they miss on Bauer. I'd be OK with Castillo, Gray, Mahle, Lorenzen 1-4 in the rotation. Antone looks to be a decent 5th, or they may find another cheap guy for that. I'd play Stephenson at C 100+ games, and spend at SS for some offense.
Wade Miley is still under contract for next season with a club option for 2022. Assuming he can get healthy next season he is still a very good #5. He never seemed right this year.

That’s an interesting thought. Has he fallen off due to injury, confidence or some other reason? Seems like a good guy to add to the roster from what I remember.
He had surgery in June for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. He's expected back for the 2021 season. He would likely be a cheap signing with high upside.

Wade Miley is still under contract for next season with a club option for 2022. Assuming he can get healthy next season he is still a very good #5. He never seemed right this year.
The reds also have Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan and Nick Lodolo in the wings.

Would you go after Didi at SS?
I've always liked Didi and he is still very productive. To be honest I am unaware of who the FA SS candidates are, but if he is one of them, I like him. Price tag may be too high, but if we lose Bauer, that fits nicely.

Agreed - I would be fine with Miley in 5th slot. If Archer is cheap, worth a shot.

Zeeman and Vamps:

1602505832352.png

There were several of us posting mid-season, wondering about your absence. There was lots of intelligent conversation while you were away, except for Zeeyore.

We took a poll as to what happened to you, and it was a 3-way tie:
1) Mom stopped paying your internet bill
2) You lost your job at the gas station, and that was your only place to get on-line
3) You were in jail with no internet privileges

Were we right?
I'm flattered you guys even care... Can't imagine the conversation had much intelligence going on, in fact, I'm not sure what you guys even talk about because you never come up with any original thoughts, you just badger other's opinions and questions about the team.

I'll have you know that 1. My Mom is doing quite well, and actually she doesn't even have internet. 2. I did change jobs and frankly, since I was watching baseball a lot, I wasn't able to post as much. 3. Never done anything that would put me in jail.

but you and the fellas will be good to know I'm back and I'll keep posting good stuff about the team and moving forward.

You think Red14 goes back through the pages and realizes we actually we worried about his whereabouts? Yappi community's strange. Trash each other for years then miss the person when they're gone.

From a deal perspective, yes. From a talent perspective, obviously I’d want Lindor. He wasn’t worth the cost for the rental. ??‍♂️
What deal was that? I just remember you comparing stats on Lindor and Galvis? ? What a tard, you would suck bag as a GM ?

"Lame" may not be the right word. But to be fair, ever since the discussion about Bauer, FA pitchers and Chris Archer ended, most of the posts on this thread are pretty 6th-gradish. Kind of like the Debate forum is all the time.