Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

So a couple weeks ago, I had a census guy come to my front door. He said we were still on "the list" as not having returned our census info. He wanted to get my data right then and there, but I told him I had just mailed it in, and summarily dismissed him.

THE VERY NEXT DAY he showed up again, and was babbling about needing to get us off "the list". I said "goodbye!" to him about four times before slamming the door on him. We have an old school heavy solid wood front door, and it slams real nice.

They must get two bucks or something to get people off "the list" after a certain point.

Ohhh......guess that depends which side of the equation you are on. When he posted that I thought of those who have massive holdings in Lumber commodities and thought what a nice guy to be positive about others gain. It's not about me, it's about them!

Ohhh......guess that depends which side of the equation you are on. When he posted that I thought of those who have massive holdings in Lumber commodities and thought what a nice guy to be positive about others gain. It's not about me, it's about them!
True

if anyone is buying much more than 2 pieces of wood, they may need that dividend check sooner rather than later, though.....

I achieved literal perfection with 7 out of 8 ears of corn over an open wood fire yesterday. So good....

The steaks and zucchini rounds were damn close.

I think I invented a new cocktail, too. Starting with raw honey in the bottom of a tall glass, top it with two shots of Lucid. Stir until honey dissolves. The bulk of the rest is unsweetened iced tea. Messed around with a squeeze of fresh lime, mint leaves, and lemon juice, but got too polluted to recall a quality evaluation. Just lime seemed best, but it was first, so..... Any suggestions ?
Mint and honey go together nicely

Last edited:
Such a beautiful day and enjoying visiting with my daughter, who I haven't seen in a few weeks , I decided to forgo my usual workout and workout with my daughters. Short bike ride and a few rounds of bleachers.... The good news is one of my hamstrings still intact. Awesome day!

I got a stomp grinder that I've been using on my land. This thing is a blast. It dissolves stumps and is a great stress reliever. For years I've had to mow around the stumps on my trails. I've gotten to know and hate these stumps so it's personal. Each one I grind to oblivion is a pleasure. Soon I'll be able to use a riding mower on the trails.

I got a stomp grinder that I've been using on my land. This thing is a blast. It dissolves stumps and is a great stress reliever. For years I've had to mow around the stumps on my trails. I've gotten to know and hate these stumps so it's personal. Each one I grind to oblivion is a pleasure. Soon I'll be able to use a riding mower on the trails.
No dynamite ?

Raked, aerated and over-seeded my lawn, using Kentucky Bluegrass. No, it is not recommended for my zone, but I'm hoping it will do better in my shady lawn than the current K-31 fescue. Three hours at a time is much more than I normally do, but the cool, crisp air was invigorating.

Noticed the big, white clouds against the backdrop of the Carolina blue sky as I drove home from my bike ride today. Incredible. Love the fall weather!

Last edited:
The grill died over the weekend so I put it on the curb for the junk collectors on Monday morning(Tuesday is garbage day). It was gone by noon, I love those guys! Bought a new grill Monday afternoon and put it together in the evening, so I'm ready to start grillin' again with this lovely weather we've been having.