Another bites the dust, Anderson HS Redskins no more.

if redskins is a racial slur, then rednecks is too. This is pathetic, make liberals cry again. Cry, cry, cry, piss and moan until they get what they want. Quit acting like you are 5 and grow up. Its history that some take pride in

"Hey, I'm the REAL victim here!"

Redskin is a coverall term that has been used to group all Native Americans. Redneck does not encompass all white people, nor has it been used as a nickname for sports teams. To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy, redneck simply means a glorious lack of sophistication.

This generation doesn’t remember when you would use something that separated you from the crowd as a mascot. It was a thing of pride, like Fighting Irish, Scots, Redskins, etc. now everyone is such a wussy that everything needs to be bland and gray to be accepted. Next it’ll be certain colors won’t be allowed.
I hate this crap. I hope Wapak, Ft Loramie, etc stick With their mascots. Tipp City is the Red Devils because that is what they called the Indian warriors back in the day. That’ll be nexT to go.

This generation doesn’t remember when you would use something that separated you from the crowd as a mascot. It was a thing of pride, like Fighting Irish, Scots, Redskins, etc. now everyone is such a wussy that everything needs to be bland and gray to be accepted. Next it’ll be certain colors won’t be allowed.
I hate this crap. I hope Wapak, Ft Loramie, etc stick With their mascots. Tipp City is the Red Devils because that is what they called the Indian warriors back in the day. That’ll be nexT to go.
Separate yourself from the crowd?

How many teams are called in the indians, redskins, warriors, etc? Not one school is original.

Want a unique name? In Montana in the middle of the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation is a small town named Lame Deer.

They use a headdress helmet decal.... Their nickname? The Morning Stars.

Now that's unique.

"Hey, I'm the REAL victim here!"

Redskin is a coverall term that has been used to group all Native Americans. Redneck does not encompass all white people, nor has it been used as a nickname for sports teams. To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy, redneck simply means a glorious lack of sophistication.
The worst part though, is that the native america ancestors DONT CARE! They think that its cool to be honored and they wnt to be honored! A native american ancestor designed the modern day Washington Redskins logo!!! Now the far-left liberals that have no room to talk about this topic are blowing it up! Keep agreeing with this nonsense, and the sooner communist america will show. Everything will be gray, every team will be gray, and have the exact same team name.

So is the word Rebel now forbidden? Our country was founded by Rebels, correct? Someone please educate me. Serious.
Lesson: Liberals hate America and want to see it crash. Vote Trump for true freedom, or we keep dealing with this crap. Maybe then some liberals will finally just get a job because they cant survive 4 more years of crying. Just then, they might grow up

So is the word Rebel now forbidden? Our country was founded by Rebels, correct? Someone please educate me. Serious.
Everything is racist blondie, to the everything is racist. Heck your name is probably racist or sexist or "hair-ist" or something. I think all these people from schools with indian history should identify as native americans so that they can keep their name, since you can identify as anything nowadays. For now on I identify as a fish with a lot of liquid courage. I need alcohol to survive daily

Me too! LOL! I got my name from a Clint Eastwood movie, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. If you saw me, those would be your words.:D(y) I'm all those rolled up into one!

Yappi.com: Where old white dudes gather to mourn the loss of mascots of teams they've never rooted for, claim that Native Americans they've never met are "Just fine" with racist depictions of the ancestors, and Donald Trump is "for freedom".

This thread is like the back corner booth of every McDonald's in every small town in Ohio.

Yappi.com: Where old white dudes gather to mourn the loss of mascots of teams they've never rooted for, claim that Native Americans they've never met are "Just fine" with racist depictions of the ancestors, and Donald Trump is "for freedom".

This thread is like the back corner booth of every McDonald's in every small town in Ohio.
Whats up obie? You need to stop watching mainstream media bud ? would you be surprised if i said im a millenial and im already smarter than you? Go do your own research instead of being lazy and assuming you are right.

Vote Trump for true freedom, or we keep dealing with this crap. Maybe then some liberals will finally just get a job because they cant survive 4 more years of crying. Just then, they might grow up

Right. Because the vast majority of the employed are conservative. Eye roll.

I've had some interest in Native American feelings over the term "redskin" since Miami changed its mascot more than 20 years ago. Everything I've read seems to show that the feelings are mixed. There are those passionately against it, and others who don't care. If schools want to honor Native Americans as their mascots, I like the idea of honoring specific tribes, like the Florida State Seminoles or Central Michigan Chippewas. Do any high schools in Ohio do that? Far more interesting than Redskins or Indians.

I, too, don't like it when people are offended on behalf of those they think ought to be offended, but honestly, who cares? If Anderson wants to be the Flying Zucchini People, it does nothing to change your life or mine. I honestly think positions like yours, passionately resistant to political correctness, is just a straw man you set up so you don't have to confront old thinking and the difficulty of changing your mind.

Here's more irony..... People keep saying things along the lines of "liberals are anti-American" yet the name changes are about as American as you can get. We are supposed to be a country of the people, by the people, for the people, and the people wanted a change and got it. The Washington Redskins are being pressured by sponsors now to change the name. That's pure capitalism, letting the economic forces dictate business. The name changes are pretty damn American. Quit being offended by change.

Last edited:
And Point Pleasant is still the Big Blacks ?

Point Pleasant High School offers many different types of athletics such as baseball, boys and girls basketball, football, golf, boys and girls soccer, softball, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls track and field, and wrestling. Point Pleasant is the smallest Class AAA school in the state of West Virginia. The school's athletes are formally known as the Black Knights (members of the girls' teams are called the Lady Knights), but they are better known by their nickname, the Big Blacks.

The worst part though, is that the native america ancestors DONT CARE! They think that its cool to be honored and they wnt to be honored! A native american ancestor designed the modern day Washington Redskins logo!!! Now the far-left liberals that have no room to talk about this topic are blowing it up! Keep agreeing with this nonsense, and the sooner communist america will show. Everything will be gray, every team will be gray, and have the exact same team name.

just to stir the pot...... if the Redskin logo is okay b/c an native american ancestor designed it -- why is everyone up in arms with Kapernick for kneeling when a green beret veteran gave him the suggestion to kneel?
Shouldn't that be okay too?

Point Pleasant High School offers many different types of athletics such as baseball, boys and girls basketball, football, golf, boys and girls soccer, softball, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls track and field, and wrestling. Point Pleasant is the smallest Class AAA school in the state of West Virginia. The school's athletes are formally known as the Black Knights (members of the girls' teams are called the Lady Knights), but they are better known by their nickname, the Big Blacks.

They try to say they are the black knights but we used to be in a league with them. They go by the big blacks and it’s for the black horse knights would ride.

79B78720-6E0B-438F-81F5-F5C81EB6142A.jpeg

just to stir the pot...... if the Redskin logo is okay b/c an native american ancestor designed it -- why is everyone up in arms with Kapernick for kneeling when a green beret veteran gave him the suggestion to kneel?
Shouldn't that be okay too?
Kaepernick** ... anyway, I never had a problem with that. I always thought you should stand but im not his dad, im not a 49ers fan, it never really phased me