WK 12 Fort Frye (11-0) vs Mogadore (10-1)

Mogadore 21 Ft Frye 14 Final.

I figured this game going to overtime but Mogadore ties it with less than 2:00 to go and blocks a punt and gets the ball back with 17 seconds left and wins it. Right now I know Springfield is beating Trimble so maybe a closer game next week.

Naw, Ft Frye and Mogadore went toe to toe for 46 minutes. I figured OT but Mogadore blocks a punt and scores. This was a great game to listen to on the radio. Thanks WHLO!

I will say this. FF was the 2nd best team we played all year and that is saying a lot.

I only put Lima CC slightly above FF because they had 2 athletes that were game changers and couldn’t be stopped.

Both defenses were equal, but Lima was able to throw a little better out of their Wing T.

FF was a very good defense, very good.

How Mogadore won with what, 3 or 4 interceptions is beyond me.

Congrats to the Mogadore defense and coaching staff. Held FF 35 points under their season average. And did that despite many sudden changes due to turnovers. Excellent effort!

Great win WILDCATS!! You left us all on the edge of our seats, then the Mogadore mojo kicked it in high gear!! The last 2 minutes were about as exciting as 1996 state championship game!! Keep it going..

some fort drye fans sitting on the mogadore side should learn to be more respectful. telling our students to sit down and running there mouth. there were some ff fans that were ok , but they seemed a little cocky. i thought ff was starting to milk the clock a little to early with about 7 minutes left. i said that might come back to haunt them. i think mogadore having already played 3 teams that played a wing -t helped us. once again they could run the ball but were not that good passing . made a few passes early but then stopped mixing in the pass. even though mogadores passing game wasnt clicking they were still mixing in. tyler knight had some nice bruising runs late. mogadore played much better pass defense tonite. great game way to fight to the finish. alot of teams would gave given up, playofff experience really helps. i think our tough schedule helped us alot to prepare for this.

FF is too good of a team to play that mediocre of a schedule. The best team they played was Meadowbrook and the only two playoff teams they played were both D7.

A great team that has had two good playoff runs in a row needs to schedule tougher OOC games to get them prepared better for teams like Kirtland and Mogadore.

With 1:30 left and knowing he hasn’t been able to pass all night but has ran up and down the field, the FF coach should have ran out the clock and went to OT. Let the two running games duke it out in OT.

If you aren’t in any tight games all year you don’t have to think about things like that in the 4th Q.

Just word of advice. The team was great, probably more talented overall than Mogadore was. But I believe they lost just because they hadn’t been in a tough game all season long.

I am still trying to figure out how the refs called that 10 yard incompletion a forward fumble that gave FF a first down and almost handed them the game.

some fort drye fans sitting on the mogadore side should learn to be more respectful. telling our students to sit down and running there mouth. there were some ff fans that were ok , but they seemed a little cocky. i thought ff was starting to milk the clock a little to early with about 7 minutes left. i said that might come back to haunt them. i think mogadore having already played 3 teams that played a wing -t helped us. once again they could run the ball but were not that good passing . made a few passes early but then stopped mixing in the pass. even though mogadores passing game wasnt clicking they were still mixing in. tyler knight had some nice bruising runs late. mogadore played much better pass defense tonite. great game way to fight to the finish. alot of teams would gave given up, playofff experience really helps. i think our tough schedule helped us alot to prepare for this.
I agree, when I saw them yelling at Mogadore students, I heard someone yell " then go sit on your side!. Stadium was not made for a playoff game. Really folding chairs for the band's and a muddy parking area....really

It’s not easy to schedule for Fort Frye. They picked up 3 2018 playoff teams in Wheeling Central , Magnolia , Meadowbrook and also picked up Nelsonville. All the teams Fort has been adding have been playoff caliber programs. Fort Frye added Trimble and WV power Williamstown in 2020. Unless Fort wants to travel 3 hours just not a ton powerhouses in the area.

Fort Frye returns 8 players on Offense that started and 7 on defense in 2020 they’ll be back. They won 7 playoff games in 4 years and have made the playoffs 6 out 7. They have showed very well in last 3 playoff losses regardless of schedule.

Ian Ellis is a So and is going to be a stud. Fort line will be next level next season.

It’s not easy to schedule for Fort Frye. They picked up 3 2018 playoff teams in Wheeling Central , Magnolia , Meadowbrook and also picked up Nelsonville. All the teams Fort has been adding have been playoff caliber programs. Fort Frye added Trimble and WV power Williamstown in 2020. Unless Fort wants to travel 3 hours just not a ton powerhouses in the area.

Fort Frye returns 8 players on Offense that started and 7 on defense in 2020 they’ll be back. They won 7 playoff games in 4 years and have made the playoffs 6 out 7. They have showed very well in last 3 playoff losses regardless of schedule.

Ian Ellis is a So and is going to be a stud. Fort line will be next level next season.
Trimble is a great pick up for next year! That should be a great measuring stick game for both teams! No doubt FF will be back. Great program!

Ridgewood has contacted FF for past several years in attempt to schedule. No dice

I'm not sure how hard it is for Trimble and FF to schedule, but I agree with the point that they just don't play enough during the season. FF seemed to have a harder schedule than Trimble, but both were really bad. It's great that they're playing each other. I know they try to play Nelsonville, too, and they're usually a good program (or were...I don't know any more). I know the small school football in that region is thin, so I'd schedule bigger schools. Like Meadowbrook (which I know FF did). But, hell, schedule someone like St. Clairesville -- they were willing to do a home/home with South Range.

Of course, Springfield plays in a mostly awful league. And they played only 1 really good team out of league, so what do I know.

Sometimes you have to travel. It’s not like there are a bunch of powers next to Mogadore.

In recent years Mogadore has traveled to WV (3 hours), had games with Shadyside and Meadowbrook (1.5-2 hours), Lima CC (3 hours). Years ago we even played Delphos St Johns (3 hours) in a home/home. Shoot, we played a Canadian team 2 years in a row. But I think they came to our field both times.

Trust me, we understand how hard it is to find a tough school that will play you. Yes, Akron area has a ton of good football but they are all D2-D4 and pretty much refuse to play a D6 school.

Travel is just a necessity sometimes.

FF was a great team but they had not been in a really close game all year and it showed in those last 4 minutes.