McLaughlin taking over at LaSalle

Falcon11

LaSalle announced the new hire today on their website and twitter. He replaces Kelly Schumacher who had been there for a two seasons.
He is also teaching at LaSalle, and his brother is the football coach there as well.

Will be interesting to see if he can make LaSalle competitive with the rest of the GCL again. They will likely continue to be the South rep in the state tournament either way.

THoughts?

LaSalle announced the new hire today on their website and twitter. He replaces Kelly Schumacher who had been there for a two seasons.
He is also teaching at LaSalle, and his brother is the football coach there as well.

Will be interesting to see if he can make LaSalle competitive with the rest of the GCL again. They will likely continue to be the South rep in the state tournament either way.

THoughts?
I get why they would hire him as coach, but Kelly did a pretty fantastic job IMO. She scheduled very, very tough this past year and LaSalle came out with a winning record and made it back to state. I’d also look out for Badin and Anitra though, as she’s a very good coach and they were a solid team last year, return a lot.

I just wonder about the circumstances of Kelly leaving. Saw someone on Twitter ask why she was being replaced and the LaSalle athletics page just directed them to the press release regarding Matt’s hire. It’d be nice to have more transparency, even if it was something as simple as “personal matters.”

I’m sure you can read a bit between the lines. You have the opportunity to upgrade your teaching and coaching staff you do it. When was the last time LaSalle won a GCL match at any level. It’s a great hire and wish Matt all the best.

I’m sure you can read a bit between the lines. You have the opportunity to upgrade your teaching and coaching staff you do it. When was the last time LaSalle won a GCL match at any level. It’s a great hire and wish Matt all the best.
I don't disagree that it's a great hire, but it's for Kelly, seeing as she was given 2 years to do anything with the program

I don't disagree that it's a great hire, but it's for Kelly, seeing as she was given 2 years to do anything with the program
Opinion: I feel like she accomplished what would be expected of LaSalle the past 2 years. They should be in the mix for the South region rep in D2 most years because of the advantage of having a decent number of kids coming in who have played for several years in the BWAC.

Did she do more with LaSalle than anyone would have thought? Is two years not long enough for a school to decide if she was a good fit?

Opinion: I feel like she accomplished what would be expected of LaSalle the past 2 years. They should be in the mix for the South region rep in D2 most years because of the advantage of having a decent number of kids coming in who have played for several years in the BWAC.

Did she do more with LaSalle than anyone would have thought? Is two years not long enough for a school to decide if she was a good fit?
I'd say, given LaSalle's reputation over the last few years as a revolving door of coaches, administration, etc. that it shouldn't be a surprise, but she seemed very invested in the kids, although I could be wrong on that, and that should be what's most important at this level. Not saying Matt won't be, of course.

I don't think adding Matt is going to help them win a GCL match any time soon though; the quality of player isn't close to the same as E, X or Moe. I'm sure they'll most likely continue to represent the D2 South region like you said, but I have a tough time seeing them get past the Alter's, Fenwick's and St. Charles' in D2. I hope I'm wrong now that they're D2 and I can root for them lol