David Bowler Brecksville-Broadview Heights
Andrew Boeckman St. Ignatius
Ben Kiser Archbishop Moeller
Jarrod Brown Beavercreek
Will Connaughton St. Xavier
Reese Kuhlman Lakota East
Spencer Stanley Mt. Vernon

https://www.ohioboysvolleyball.com/docs/2019_DI_All_State_All-Stars.pdf

Has there been a back to back state POY before? I know Platfoot is good, but that's a crazy accomplishment.

Also, I think the POY/COY voting could be skewed by the fact that the East has a greater number of teams which are naturally more likely to vote for players/coaches from their region first.

Has there been a back to back state POY before? I know Platfoot is good, but that's a crazy accomplishment.

Also, I think the POY/COY voting could be skewed by the fact that the East has a greater number of teams which are naturally more likely to vote for players/coaches from their region first.

Falcon, Platfoot was not the POY last year. A player from Moeller was and the COY was from the East. Yes the East Region has a lot of teams and can vote for the East teams but usually it all works out and the coaches get it right.

I think this is more a case of them getting it right with regards to POY than a popularity contest.

Can’t speak on COY, that’s always been a puzzle to me.

Falcon, Platfoot was not the POY last year. A player from Moeller was and the COY was from the East. Yes the East Region has a lot of teams and can vote for the East teams but usually it all works out and the coaches get it right.

I know Platfoot wasn't POY last year, but unless he's injured or something, he will win it next year - that was my point. He is a huge favorite to win POY in 2020.
I see now the way I phrased it made that unclear, so I apologize.

I'm not saying Platfoot isn't the best in the state. He is, and he deserves it. But the state D1 COY is from the East, D2 POY from the East, D2 COY from the East.

The East swept all the awards was what I was pointing out - which points to the greater number of teams in that region.

Also, in both D1 and D2 the East region had 3 out of the 7 players on the first-team.