Northeastern Buckeye Conference 2014

downtowntinabrown

What is the league going to look like this year?? I'm assuming South will be the favorite. Outside of that who else looks to make a run this year?

West branch and marlington both have good baseball teams. I got to see some of the south kids work out the week . Jackson and south look like there in a different league . But there are some really good arms around here so on any day anyone can win .

South should be given the title now and let WB, Louisville and Marlington play for second,third and fourth. The others will beat up each other and be lucky to be .500. Not sure when Jackson got into the league though.

I look for the league to be very "down" overall. Not many "studs."

There are still some very good players in the NBC . Marlington is going to be a good team . WB has some kids that can play also . As far as studs south had a kid that was first team all state . If that's not a stud I'm lost to who you think is.

South should be given the title now and let WB, Louisville and Marlington play for second,third and fourth. The others will beat up each other and be lucky to be .500. Not sure when Jackson got into the league though.

I know Jackson is not in the NBC . I was using them and Canton South as a benchmark . If South stays healthy everyone is playing for second place and in a few years it may be Alliance or one of the other teams . But south has won it 2 years in a row and they lost one starter off last years team the left fielder. But like everything everyone has an opinion .

There are still some very good players in the NBC . Marlington is going to be a good team . WB has some kids that can play also . As far as studs south had a kid that was first team all state . If that's not a stud I'm lost to who you think is.

One player doesn't make the conference good. This conference has been going downhill for years. The pitching is nothing to write home about and the hitting hasn't been very stellar lately. There are certain kids in this league who get some "hype" because they play in a horrible league. The ones that are supposed to be these "stud" pitchers wouldn't have lasted 2 or 3 innings in years past.

One player doesn't make the conference good. This conference has been going downhill for years. The pitching is nothing to write home about and the hitting hasn't been very stellar lately. There are certain kids in this league who get some "hype" because they play in a horrible league. The ones that are supposed to be these "stud" pitchers wouldn't have lasted 2 or 3 innings in years past.

Agreed that one player doesn't make the conference good. but to say that the league is a horrible league and that's why kids get "hype"! Really? What is your definition of a horrible league and in comparison to what? And how far back do you go when you say in years past? If the league has been going down hill for years then why would these "studs" not make it through 2 or 3 innings? (I think hitting in general is down because of the BBCOR bats, but I digress.) That says to me that in your opinion even though the league has been on a steady decline it was still good enough to shell these guys after a few innings had they played in years past. I think that South has to be favored, but I think it will be much more competitive than people think.

Either way I'm just glad that the season is almost here. We'll soon have our answers and we'll get to see what all the hype is about.

Cmon guys you can't honestly think this league is very good. There is not ONE good pitcher in this league IMO. Its just an opinion but the talent is very thin from top to bottom. I go back about 5 years when there was at least one dominant pitcher on every team and there were at least 3 good hitters on every team if not more. The south team back then would beat this south team in 5 innings. And so would some of the other teams. Once again just my opinion.

Cmon guys you can't honestly think this league is very good. There is not ONE good pitcher in this league IMO. Its just an opinion but the talent is very thin from top to bottom. I go back about 5 years when there was at least one dominant pitcher on every team and there were at least 3 good hitters on every team if not more. The south team back then would beat this south team in 5 innings. And so would some of the other teams. Once again just my opinion.

Then go find a thread for an awesome conference (in your opinion) and wax poetically on that one. Stay off of here and quit trying to stir the .

Then go find a thread for an awesome conference (in your opinion) and wax poetically on that one. Stay off of here and quit trying to stir the .

Agreed, why start a thread to ask how the league is going to be only to bash it. It is what it is, the kids will compete and figure it out on the field.

As I said before I think South is the favorite. Then I think West Branch, Louisville & Marlington will fill out the top half of the league. West Branch only lost a few seniors. Louisville started to play well towards the end of the year last year. They lost two top pitchers, One to graduation and one to transfer, but they had a very good JV team that had some pitchers that could get the job done. Marlington Has two good '15 pitchers that should lead them and keep them in each game.

Alliance graduated 8 seniors I believe. They did get three guys that were at Marlington last year, one varsity starter, that for various reasons are now attending Alliance that should help them. Don't know much about the other three teams. Any one have info on Salem, Carrolton or Minerva?

Your not right I'm the head that's all I'm gonna say .

Your not right I'm the head that's all I'm gonna say .

I agree !!!! Who do you think is good Walsh Hoban North Canton Jackson perry lake well south plays them all and beat Jackson lake and north canton last year . There are 4 kids I know of going on to play in college off that team. I'm wondering they made it to the regionals past 2 years so your saying all the teams are bad in the the area to lol.

Yep you are right. I am not right in the head for having an opinion. That's mature attacking someone for having the opinion that the league isn't as talented as it has been.

Yep you are right. I am not right in the head for having an opinion. That's mature attacking someone for having the opinion that the league isn't as talented as it has been.

No it was for the bashing of kids . Not one good pitcher !!!! Bull. No hitters really there is a senior at south with 110 career hits . West branch has a good pitcher Balderson at Marlington is also good . south beat Jackson, Lake, and North Canton . Really when was the last time any nbc team ever did that . And don't give me Jackson can't play counting the 2 pitchers this year 5 D1 kids in 3 years . How can you even make a comment like that . So yes you are not thinking clear or your just trying to be hurtful to kids from a lot of schools that are good players. Maybe the NBC is down overall but no good players bull no not bull a lie !!!

Okay you are right. There are a handful of good players in the league. It still doesn't make the league strong. I know South has a good team and some of that should be attributed to the good coaching they have. We will see how it plays out this year but South has to be the favorite, other than that I think the league is wide open. Don't know much about salem, carrollton, or minerva.

Carrolton was pretty good last year and I thought they were down . You never know there are so many good young players teams can surprise you . I hear Marlington has a good Freshman class . Does anyone know about Minerva and Salem .

downtown- you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But aside from your thread opening post, you did nothing but run down the players and league. You may or may not be correct that the league is not very good, that will work itelf out during the season. Just stick to the conversation at hand and this will go much smoother.

I think the league will be pretty competitive among the top 3-4 teams. I see Canton South as the frontrunner until proven otherwise, with West Branch, Louisville and Marlington clocking in at the next 3 in no particular order.

What does pitching look like for the league this year- top couple for each team?

Carrolltons year is coming up, not sure if its this year or not. I don't know if anyone on this thread played high school ball but in Carrollton we went through swings ( Competitive for 3-4 yrs and finding our groove the next 5-6 yrs). I understand where everyone is coming from about downtown commenting about how bad the conference is. They should know just like any sport especially in baseball anyone can win on any given day. It's high school baseball I mean I've seen crazier things. I seem to not be able to stray away from what downtown said tho, I remember hitting off of Gill of South and Smith of Louisville. In my opinion that pitching hasn't been seen around here since then I don't believe. Carrollton had Graham a few years after them and he was up there in speed but those 2 were on a different level. I attended some Carrollton games last year and was shocked, after you play at college and then return home to watch High School ball the game seems so slow. Either way the kids are competing on the diamond so I couldn't be happier.

Sorry thread is all over the place, had thoughts coming and going lol

Carrolltons year is coming up, not sure if its this year or not. I don't know if anyone on this thread played high school ball but in Carrollton we went through swings ( Competitive for 3-4 yrs and finding our groove the next 5-6 yrs). I understand where everyone is coming from about downtown commenting about how bad the conference is. They should know just like any sport especially in baseball anyone can win on any given day. It's high school baseball I mean I've seen crazier things. I seem to not be able to stray away from what downtown said tho, I remember hitting off of Gill of South and Smith of Louisville. In my opinion that pitching hasn't been seen around here since then I don't believe. Carrollton had Graham a few years after them and he was up there in speed but those 2 were on a different level. I attended some Carrollton games last year and was shocked, after you play at college and then return home to watch High School ball the game seems so slow. Either way the kids are competing on the diamond so I couldn't be happier.

Sorry thread is all over the place, had thoughts coming and going lol

Go to a canton South game gill is one of the coaches there number 1 gets it up there pretty good . On that team your talking about Devon got drafted 17th round and gill went D1 kent the catcher went to a D 3 school Good team but they had average pitching after Justin. They went to the Regionals 1 time . I Agree there was some good teams then Alliance might have been the best of them all with Hendershot and Bates. But trust me this team can play with any of them teams no one knows who would have won but this one is real good and if they make it this year it will be there third trip to the regionals in 3 years and they made it to the distric finals the year before.

I know Alliance will be very young this year after losing a good senior class. I am pretty sure they will only have 2 seniors on the team this year.

1 canton south
2 westbranch
3 Dukes
4 Alliance
Good luck to south and all the nbc players. Hope south makes it out of the region this year 3 maybe a charm . Trent is a good coach .

Go to a canton South game gill is one of the coaches there number 1 gets it up there pretty good . On that team your talking about Devon got drafted 17th round and gill went D1 kent the catcher went to a D 3 school Good team but they had average pitching after Justin. They went to the Regionals 1 time . I Agree there was some good teams then Alliance might have been the best of them all with Hendershot and Bates. But trust me this team can play with any of them teams no one knows who would have won but this one is real good and if they make it this year it will be there third trip to the regionals in 3 years and they made it to the distric finals the year before.

Crazy thing is I played ball with Torrence, Bates and Hendershott when we all traveled for Traps back in our glory days. I have no doubt in my mind that South will be up near the front if not in front most of the year. They are always competitive. We will see how this year pans out. I will try and make it up to south when the warriors head that way.

I think the Leps will be fly the radar this season, but be better than most expect. They will definitely be young, with only a couple seniors and the rest underclassmen but if they can get their pitching rotation to settle in and figure out where all the pieces go, I look forward to seeing how the season plays out.

The junior and sophomore classes are pretty good ones and while this may be a year early, I believe they can contend for the NBC title next year.

I'm just looking forward to seeing this white stuff go away and get to playing some ball! :banana:

Alliance graduated 8 seniors I believe. They did get three guys that were at Marlington last year, one varsity starter, that for various reasons are now attending Alliance that should help them. Don't know much about the other three teams. Any one have info on Salem, Carrolton or Minerva?

Salem graduated 9 or 10 seniors; 8 starters, including a 4 year starter at SS/pitcher, and most of their arms. So, it could be a little rocky this year, but hopefully some new kids rise to the challenge.

Just talked to 2 different people that said marlington maybe a lot better than expected . There saying it will be them and south. Yes very reliable person neither have a kid on either team. Maybe things will be better than people think cause West Branch is gonna be solid to.

U never know

U never know how a team or a group of teenagers will play in Ohio in early spring weather. I don't have a kid playing now a days but I've followed the junior class since they were 10 year old and across the league that age group is VERY talented! Some of the BEST players in the state are in that class in the NBC! That is a fact. I got to go with South first place they are deep and a seasoned group. Marlington second behind the arm of Balderson and the bat of Ruppertt if they play defense they will be a tuff team. The Branch third behind vazzuzos arm and smiths bat. After that it's probably leopards, Carrollton, lions, Quakers.

Just talked to 2 different people that said marlington maybe a lot better than expected . There saying it will be them and south. Yes very reliable person neither have a kid on either team. Maybe things will be better than people think cause West Branch is gonna be solid to.

Someone said Marlington got a new field to . My sone played with some of the kids on that team Marlington will be good .
1. South
2.Dukes
3.WB
4. Leps
There are still a lot of good players in the NBC ! Can't wait to see a game :banana: