Division 3 Boys 2012

Ryan was nearly a minute faster than Sam today. Too bad he couldn't have peaked a tad earlier. His 15:20 on a difficult course was probably a safe 15:05 or faster at National Raceway.

Ryan was nearly a minute faster than Sam today. Too bad he couldn't have peaked a tad earlier. His 15:20 on a difficult course was probably a safe 15:05 or faster at National Raceway.

Tough courses and bad conditions favor the Polmans since they're high mileage runners with huge aerobic capacity. NTR featured neither a tough course nor bad conditions.

I am from the South and I dont think they are getting nearly as much as respect as they deserve. I live in the area of Coldwater, Minster, Versailles. I dont thing Minster or Coldwater is getting any respect for next year. Minster loses there number 1 but they almost got out of regionals when he didnt finish. Also, minster gains a very good freshman, so there freshman and sophmore should do very well next year. Coldwater on the other hand, loses Seas and I think there #3? But they gain another Seas and other good 8th graders, I think they will still be a very good team for the next few years. As for my team, Versailles, I dont think they have any chance as a team...Prakel is about all they have. So i dont know why DaSub is tearing on Minster, they have been better than us ever since i can remember

the polman's play soccer and they also wrestle. they are your true 'student-athlete' i believe they start their training late because they're so busy with other sports so that's why ryan is peaking so late after the state meet. good luck to him at footlocker nationals!

the polman's play soccer and they also wrestle. they are your true 'student-athlete' i believe they start their training late because they're so busy with other sports so that's why ryan is peaking so late after the state meet. good luck to him at footlocker nationals!

Thats understandable why he is peaking so late then...
I know some smaller southern schools in my area that don't even offer wrestling and soccer, do those sports keep them in well shape for cross country?

i really don't know.. they're crazy though! i've spoken to kyle polman before and him and his brother make it to almost every soccer game which is really hard with workouts during the week. i guess it's just extra running, so it probably helps them in the end.

i really don't know.. they're crazy though! i've spoken to kyle polman before and him and his brother make it to almost every soccer game which is really hard with workouts during the week. i guess it's just extra running, so it probably helps them in the end.

Yeah that would seem like an easy way to get in some running with some action in it. I have also heard that wrestling helps a lot in runners because they can gain more muscle and still stay lean. Don't know if its true but makes sense. That is crazy that they do that much!