University School Upset by Mentor!

Mentor playing in the weaker White West division (compared to University in the tough Red North) was 17-11-1 for the year. They played few teams in the Red division. The shots on goal say it all, a dominating performance by US, but a hot goalie wins the game.

Does this replace last year's Eds loss to Strongsville as the upset of the hockey tournaments?

The OHSAA needs to figure out some way to make this tourney a double elimination. 75 shots on goal and only 2 made it in? That is insane. A weak Benedictine also beat a very tough Strongsville team in the much tougher Brooklyn District and then came back to earth with a beat down by Padua.

The OHSAA needs to figure out some way to make this tourney a double elimination. 75 shots on goal and only 2 made it in? That is insane. A weak Benedictine also beat a very tough Strongsville team in the much tougher Brooklyn District and then came back to earth with a beat down by Padua.

Baseball and soccer have similar problems Auggie. A significantly inferior team can win in hockey, soccer and baseball. Football, basketball...a significantly inferior team can't win even one time. Shots on goal by US suggests that they weren't lacking focus.

It's a great win by Mentor, regardless.

Baseball and soccer have similar problems Auggie. A significantly inferior team can win in hockey, soccer and baseball. Football, basketball...a significantly inferior team can't win even one time. Shots on goal by US suggests that they weren't lacking focus.

It's a great win by Mentor, regardless.

Baseball does limit back to back starts or innings pitched in a game for a pitcher so that cuts down on a team riding a hot arm to the title. Maybe you can recall; wasn't there a pitcher from Shaw that created this rule? I remember some telling me that a kid that pitched 50+ inning in the state playoffs and almost won his team the title.

75 shots, and you can't get a few good rebounds? I wasn't there, but I would love to have been just to be able to see that kind of goaltending performance. Then again, I'm kind of glad I wasn't, because that would have been painful to watch, and because I wouldn't have wanted to be within a mile of Bill Beard after that game.