St. Edward Hockey 2006-07

Eds at Padua Holiday Tourney...
St. Edward 4 Sylvania Northview 3
St. John's Jesuit 4 St. Edward 2
St. Edward 4 Findlay 1
St. Edward 2 Strongsville 1

Championship match:
St. John's Jesuit 5 University School 4 OT

After losing a game to Padua 3-2 on 12/22, St. Edward went 1-2 in their own Eagle Classic holiday tournament.
Meadville (PA) 5 St. Edward 1
St. Edward 4 Mt Lebanon (PA) 0
Fenwick (IL) 8 St. Edward 4

Fenwick won the Eagle Classic, beating Padua 6-2 in the final.

The Eagles have a lot of work to do between now and February.

The Eagles lost its 10th game of the season falling to the #9 ranked team (Gilmour Academy) in the state 2-0.

It looks like the US victory last night has locked them up for 1st in the North and the Eagles will be battling Padua for 2nd place. Can anyone refresh my memory on how this affects the seeding for the Baron Cup?

Eagles played very well as they dominated St. Ignatius in the second Baron Cup semi-final game today. The Eagles jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period, built the lead to 5-0 in the third and ended up winning 6-2. Great game by the Eagles and hopefully they will play US better then last time they met up.

Eagles need to get it all together quick. I'd love to see Coach Whidden win his first of ten in his career!

Miracle on ice? Strongsville shocks St. Edward
Sunday, February 25, 2007

Junior Blake McClain and sophomore Adam Green each scored a goal and had an assist, and junior goalkeeper Colin Branigan stopped 43 of 46 shots to lift unheralded Strongsville to a 5-3 upset of top-seeded St. Edward in a district quarterfinal hockey game at the Brooklyn Recreation Center on Saturday.

In one of the biggest upsets in district play in recent memory, freshman Ray Williams, sophomore Andrew Ciborek and junior Derek Campbell had single goals for Strongsville. The Mustangs raised their record to 9-17-2, while 10-time state champion St. Edward, ranked second in the final Plain Dealer Top 10, is eliminated with a 20-13-2 mark.

Ross Kivett scored twice for the Eagles, who were unable to duplicate a December victory over the Mustangs. Seventh-seeded Strongsville, which defeated St. Edward for the first time, advances to play St. Ignatius in the district semifinals on Wednesday.

What is totally unbelievable is the fact that the Eagles had 46 shots on goal while the Mustangs won with only 13.

Just incredible! Congratulations to Strongsville and here's hoping the Eagles come out on a mission next season and win the state title.

That game was quite posibly the best hockey game i have ever seen at any level it was so amazing and Sville pulled off one of the biggest upsets in recent memory

Shocking, to say the least. Congratulations to Strongsville on a well-deserved, first-ever victory over St. Edward. Good luck against the Golden Tornado on Wednesday!

The teams played in the Padua Holiday tourney the last two years, with St. Edward winning 2-0 and 2-1, so I guess we should not be surprised they pulled this one off...

Congrats 'Stangs...Now all there is to do is just wait for chapter two with regards to Strongsville upsets over Eds during tourney play (basketball) this winter season....

Congrats 'Stangs...Now all there is to do is just wait for chapter two with regards to Strongsville upsets over Eds during tourney play (basketball) this winter season....

I talked to your Stang point guard yesterday and he thinks if they make some adjustments they could maybe keep it to around 10. He said the Eagles are a different team this year and will be difficult for anyone to beat.

The Stangs got the win in Hockey this year...basketball Chapter 2 will be another loss for Strongsville if they play again this season.

Congrats Mustang hockey.

I talked to your Stang point guard yesterday and he thinks if they make some adjustments they could maybe keep it to around 10.
Well, if he says so that makes it official then...I'm banking on his every asserted word...NOT!

He said the Eagles are a different team this year and will be difficult for anyone to beat.
True, but yet to see if impossible though...