Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Old 12-29-13, 06:28 PM
All Region

go to the ky wrestling forums and read how much Austin talks about himself and how bad he is.
obviously when you read it you will know it is the wack job dad talking pretending to be his son.
unless his son has the unbelievable rants that his dad has
who knows
all I know is it is a very sad situation
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-13, 06:31 PM
All American

Yes many kids from out of state come to his camps. Check out www.jordantrained.com for info. Not sure what year your grandson is but in my opinion it's one of the best in the country but come prepared to wrestle and do nothing but wrestling (don't know how the recent camps are but it used to be the kids slept on the mats).
Old 12-29-13, 06:51 PM
Varsity

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash.c.h.legend View Post
lmao....this is a kid guys....he wrestles for archer......or, someone from ohio dogging graham for pulling several of Ohio's and Kentucky's top wrestlers to join their team and form a perennial super team. both would fit.....no matter...I'm certainly getting a laugh out of it. troll away...I'm enjoying this.
Thanks for the compliment...I'd love to be a kid and an Archer Wrestler. Actually, I have a Grandson on the team at 132lbs. We are particularly close to our two Grandson's, both wrestlers, and follow them around as much as possible. My little one, age 12 will be coming up soon.

I'm not dogging Graham, I'm admiring Graham. Our Team gets accused of the same thing...recruiting wrestlers. In our County, you can get a "permissive transfer" under certain conditions, but frankly, we don't have many. Year before last it worked against us. We lost Ryan Milhof (ranked #1 in the Nation) to Collins Hill with a permissive transfer. The school is only 4 years old, and at that time Collins Hill was the Big Dog in Georgia.

I just want to know how you guys do it! Did we win any finals against Graham? Graham beat an incredible kid, Vinnie Atigues, in the 106 Bracket. What year was he?
Old 12-29-13, 07:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfan View Post
Below is a repost. Before we got sidetracked, the original was meant to be a sincere question and discussion topic. I'm anxious to know how your Teams do it.

I hope some of you guys tell us how such a small school like Graham develops such a Powerful Wrestling Team. Do the Ohio, and Kentucky Teams have a Summer Wrestling Program? Do most of the teams have a Private Training Facility,devoted solely wrestling, were the boys train in the off season?
It's called the town that JIM and JEFF built. I hear it is a requirement that when you drive through town you must wear headgear. All I can really tell you is that since the 1980's when the Jordans wrestled for Graham it has done nothing but grow into a wrestling community. With great wrestler's turning into great coaches comes great following's.
Old 12-29-13, 07:28 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat View Post
Then get off the kids jock and let's talk about the tournament not just Austin it was a great tournament with great wrestling hell let's talk about demas teching fausz
Why would you want to get on Demas' jock? Let's see... you don't anybody asking questions about the MOW of the tourney or talking about him because they're "on his jock", then why talk about any of the kids? Talk about Demos all you want... that's what this thread is for I thought. Unlike you, I won't cry about it.
Old 12-29-13, 07:39 PM
All American

lmao.................138 and 145 appeared to be stacked, would have liked to have gotten a look at the way that shook out.
Old 12-29-13, 07:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Why would you want to get on Demas' jock? Let's see... you don't anybody asking questions about the MOW of the tourney or talking about him because they're "on his jock", then why talk about any of the kids? Talk about Demos all you want... that's what this thread is for I thought. Unlike you, I won't cry about it.
Since YOU provided no bashing FACTS and went back into attack mode, we will assume you had another delusional rant.
Enjoy the black helicopters pal!!
Old 12-29-13, 07:52 PM
Freshman

138 was picked by everyone as the toughest weight class that included the Demas kid, but he gets beat by Hoskins on team with only 10 wrestlers that finishes in the top five teams, rather than all this crap I see on here, go back to discussing the tournament. Discuss the 138 final please!!!!
Old 12-29-13, 08:18 PM
All American

138 was a absolutely loaded weight class. Good wrestlers everywhere. I could not believe that Demas just destroyed state champ Fausz from Cambell. I was also impressed with how smart Hoskins greenview wrestled the whole tournament.

For that matter all of the greenview wrestlers most of the tournament wrestled smart matches,
Old 12-29-13, 08:25 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splay Tell View Post
Since YOU provided no bashing FACTS and went back into attack mode, we will assume you had another delusional rant.
Enjoy the black helicopters pal!!
YOU said "nobody cares" about Myers. That's not bashing? People asked, I answered. YOU cried. Hang on... I'll send one of my helicopters over with a hanky for you to wipe your vajayjay.
Old 12-29-13, 08:26 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionattack View Post
138 was a absolutely loaded weight class. Good wrestlers everywhere. I could not believe that Demas just destroyed state champ Fausz from Cambell. I was also impressed with how smart Hoskins greenview wrestled the whole tournament.

For that matter all of the greenview wrestlers most of the tournament wrestled smart matches,
Demos is a frosh correct? If so, how did he do last year in OAC States?
Old 12-29-13, 08:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Lmfao. If you need that much praise for yourself or "Austin" then maybe you should start your own thread here's the headline Austin Meyers mow at holiday tourney.
Old 12-29-13, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash.c.h.legend View Post
lmao.................138 and 145 appeared to be stacked, would have liked to have gotten a look at the way that shook out.
138 was loaded 145 not as much
Old 12-29-13, 08:38 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAttack View Post
It's called the town that JIM and JEFF built. I hear it is a requirement that when you drive through town you must wear headgear. All I can really tell you is that since the 1980's when the Jordans wrestled for Graham it has done nothing but grow into a wrestling community. With great wrestler's turning into great coaches comes great following's.
Way too funny, CatAttack. Just read you post to my wife....she is still laughing. Thanks for the history lesson!
Old 12-29-13, 08:51 PM
Varsity

I thought their were other weight classes that could have got the MOW from. Myers is good but I just can't recall anyone of high quality that he has beaten. He dominated the HOLIDAY Tournament but really only wrestled some good local kids other than a low level 7th placer out of Kentucky. I felt 220 was the weakest weight class in the Tournament with some good kids who one day may be great. I would love to see him wrestle a top Ohio kid like Chalmer Fruehauf and see how he does. Bucksman can you elaborate on 220 weight class at Holiday and where you think Myers is vs top ohio kids or national kids?
Old 12-29-13, 09:38 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle112 View Post
I thought their were other weight classes that could have got the MOW from. Myers is good but I just can't recall anyone of high quality that he has beaten. He dominated the HOLIDAY Tournament but really only wrestled some good local kids other than a low level 7th placer out of Kentucky. I felt 220 was the weakest weight class in the Tournament with some good kids who one day may be great. I would love to see him wrestle a top Ohio kid like Chalmer Fruehauf and see how he does. Bucksman can you elaborate on 220 weight class at Holiday and where you think Myers is vs top ohio kids or national kids?
Myers is ranked 8th on Intermat. Fruehauf is 5the. He was 5the until last week I think, but was bumped down because a couple guys came into the class. Myers also is a two time NHCA Champ, and has beaten at least three National top 10 220lbrs. Myers also has beaten every State placer from Ohio he has wrestled, as well as the Indiana Champ. I think Frueaoff and Myers would be the match of the Century. Both very good kids and top in their class.
Old 12-29-13, 09:45 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat View Post
Lmfao. If you need that much praise for yourself or "Austin" then maybe you should start your own thread here's the headline Austin Meyers mow at holiday tourney.
Why aren't you hating on Demos? That kid put in a Hell of a performance as well... oh wait... you've got a personal thing against the Myers kid. Got it.

Get this through your head... I'm not Daddy Myers. Unlike you, I respect kids that have earned it. Swing on over to the SWOCA thread. I gave praise to Moeller's back up 195. Even though he only won one match, he has came a LONG way in the past 4 years, losing a bunch of weight... turning himself into an actual athlete... fighting through some horrific personal experiences... awesome kid. You wanna toddle over there and run your mouth about that too? Do you even have a wrestler of any count, or are you just a groupie? Who's your 220? Can he beat Myers? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Old 12-29-13, 10:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle112 View Post
Meyers 152-285 MOW
Hoskins 106-145 MOW

Two MOW's at the tournament. Each coach turns in two ballots with 3 kids on each of them. Your top vote is worth 5 points, 2nd vote is worth 3, 3rd is worth 1.
Old 12-29-13, 10:11 PM
All American

I thought AJ Kowal 170 for Princeton had a heck of a tournament. He looked impressive all tournament long. I would say he has a a great shot a state title if he stays at 170. I know he is ranked pretty high at 160.
Old 12-29-13, 10:11 PM
All Region

I had A LOT of time to watch wrestling this weekend and this is what I observed...

138 was loaded so Hoskins from Greeneview deserved to be the OW. He wrestled a great tournament and defeated a very exciting wrestler, Demas, who beat two outstanding wrestlers to get to the finals (Bowshier and Fausz).

The most dominant wrestlers (and very respectful young men) were Micah Jordan (145) and Austin Myers (220). These 2 guys are complete studs and in my opinion, were the two BEST wrestlers in the tournament.

Archer (GA) brought great team balance and like Graham, was well coached, disciplined, and classy. They were a great addition to the tournament.

The GMVWA has nothing to do with concession prices or parking. That is strictly the Nutter Center. The Nutter Center does, however, permit wrestlers /teams to bring in their own food as long as it is kept in the weigh-in area. We are thankful for this because they typically do not allow outside food to be brought in. This is the reason why we (GMVWA) do not have a hospitality room for coaches - it would be far too expensive as all food would have to be catered by the Nutter Center. The purpose of this tournament is to showcase Miami Valley wrestling, but also to provide the funds to sponsor scholarships (10-12, $500 grants annually to GMVWA member school wrestlers) and funding of the annual All-Area Banquet for wrestlers and coaches. The Nutter Center has been a great host and supporter of this event and we are highly appreciative! It has been mentioned that the Nutter Center might not be available in 2014 so stay tuned.

Remember the top 20 overall teams will be sent contracts soon. Everyone else must reapply prior to the 2014 Ohio State Wrestling Championships. If you would like an application, go to the GMVWA page at www.baumspage.com or email me at mark.peck@vbcsd.com.
Old 12-29-13, 10:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachPeck View Post
I had A LOT of time to watch wrestling this weekend and this is what I observed...

138 was loaded so Hoskins from Greeneview deserved to be the OW. He wrestled a great tournament and defeated a very exciting wrestler, Demas, who beat two outstanding wrestlers to get to the finals (Bowshier and Fausz).

The most dominant wrestlers (and very respectful young men) were Micah Jordan (145) and Austin Myers (220). These 2 guys are complete studs and in my opinion, were the two BEST wrestlers in the tournament.

Archer (GA) brought great team balance and like Graham, was well coached, disciplined, and classy. They were a great addition to the tournament.

The GMVWA has nothing to do with concession prices or parking. That is strictly the Nutter Center. The Nutter Center does, however, permit wrestlers /teams to bring in their own food as long as it is kept in the weigh-in area. We are thankful for this because they typically do not allow outside food to be brought in. This is the reason why we (GMVWA) do not have a hospitality room for coaches - it would be far too expensive as all food would have to be catered by the Nutter Center. The purpose of this tournament is to showcase Miami Valley wrestling, but also to provide the funds to sponsor scholarships (10-12, $500 grants annually to GMVWA member school wrestlers) and funding of the annual All-Area Banquet for wrestlers and coaches. The Nutter Center has been a great host and supporter of this event and we are highly appreciative! It has been mentioned that the Nutter Center might not be available in 2014 so stay tuned.

Remember the top 20 overall teams will be sent contracts soon. Everyone else must reapply prior to the 2014 Ohio State Wrestling Championships. If you would like an application, go to the GMVWA page at www.baumspage.com or email me at mark.peck@vbcsd.com.
Where are other locations if it cannot goto the Nutter Center?
Old 12-29-13, 10:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionattack View Post
Where are other locations if it cannot goto the Nutter Center?

Heck the stands were only about 40% full or less, just have them all bring lawnchairs and have it in Graham's wrestling room. I'll be they would charge less than $4 for a dog and $4 for a drink.
Old 12-29-13, 10:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Why aren't you hating on Demos? That kid put in a Hell of a performance as well... oh wait... you've got a personal thing against the Myers kid. Got it.

Get this through your head... I'm not Daddy Myers. Unlike you, I respect kids that have earned it. Swing on over to the SWOCA thread. I gave praise to Moeller's back up 195. Even though he only won one match, he has came a LONG way in the past 4 years, losing a bunch of weight... turning himself into an actual athlete... fighting through some horrific personal experiences... awesome kid. You wanna toddle over there and run your mouth about that too? Do you even have a wrestler of any count, or are you just a groupie? Who's your 220? Can he beat Myers? Yeah, I didn't think so.
First off I'm not hating on anybody I said in earlier thread great job by austin. The thing im saying is you started bitching cause archer fan was talking all archer now yo are doing same with Austin. And frankly I don't give 2 sh#@s what you say about other kids on other threads. This is about the holiday tournament you said your peace about Austin now carry on to rest of tournament or as you said earlier start your own thread about Austin!!!!
Old 12-29-13, 10:24 PM
All American

I personally thought 138 and 160 were the toughest weight classes. Meyers won in dominate fashion but didn't really face anyone who could compete with him.
Old 12-29-13, 11:55 PM
Freshman

I think Kowal the 4th seed has been over looked, up a weight class winning 11-2 in the finals and pins Sandlin, not a bad tournament
Old 12-30-13, 12:07 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfan View Post
Way too funny, CatAttack. Just read you post to my wife....she is still laughing. Thanks for the history lesson!
Quite welcome. All I could do back then was watch these boy's wrestle while I sat on the sidelines after my losses. Back then our little ole farm town had never seen such a thing.
Old 12-30-13, 12:09 AM
All District

Archerfan, congrats to your team coming up here and winning the GMVWA, quite a feat and from what I have read you guy's have something good going on down south yourselves. Good luck the rest of the year.
Old 12-30-13, 12:18 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Demos is a frosh correct? If so, how did he do last year in OAC States?
He didnt do Jr High last year because it was his 4th year of jr high...he did get 3rd the year before.
Old 12-30-13, 03:15 AM
All American

Quote:
I think Frueaoff and Myers would be the match of the Century.

What century?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbreeze View Post
He didnt do Jr High last year because it was his 4th year of jr high...he did get 3rd the year before.

wutda.....4th yr or jr h.............?
Old 12-30-13, 07:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post
What century?

wutda.....4th yr or jr h.............?
You can wrestle the Jr High state as a 6th grader, so he must of been held back in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade, thus you can't wrestle more than 3x in the tournament.