Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Kenton by 20+ 9 12.16%
Kenton by 8-19 24 32.43%
Kenton by 1-7 6 8.11%
Clinton-Massie by 1-7 24 32.43%
Clinton-Massie by 8-19 11 14.86%
Clinton-Massie by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-13, 01:12 PM
All Region

State Semi-final Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSBirds99 View Post
Alter didn't have anyone else that could run a dive?? Hard to believe chief. You got beat plain and simple, quit making excuses.

Isn't this a playoff thread--why are you on this thread? After your team actually becomes competitive in the yearly "beat down" instead of a drag on Alter's playoff hopes, you'll finally have a "little" lot more legitimacy---chief!! Your team's season ended (as usual) weeks ago--get a life hater!

Last edited by CARDFAN78 : 11-23-13 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-13, 01:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast#1 View Post
Can you explain what makes this years team the best in Kenton's history compared to in years past? Were the Mauks better or is Sherman?
arm strength they are comparable but overall mauks were much better because they could beat u with their legs as well. this defense is better than most in their past. i not believe this is their best ever but i only seen them 3x this yr
Old 11-23-13, 01:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Can you explain what makes this years team the best in Kenton's history compared to in years past? Were the Mauks better or is Sherman?
Our D is Lightsout THE best we have had....Period.............The Mauks are better QB's But as a whole Kentons 2013 team is better..... Sherman has great arm strength but buy no means can run like the Mauks(not many can).....Sherman reminds me of a Ben Roethlisberger big and strong and slides in the pocket and can throw on the move.........When it comes to stopping the run Kenton D has done it all year.......Shut out teams like Coldwater,Wapak, held OG to 1 td(scored on Kentons 2nd string).......Shut down a good Defiance(1 td) team..........NO one has run against Kenton and scored enuff to make a differance in the game.........Kentons D is very big and fast to the ball...........
Old 11-23-13, 01:27 PM
All District

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe15P1FuAhc

^^^This is the Kenton/Wapak game.......Wapak is a running team like Massie MO.......If you have time watch it then let me know what you think about Kentnos D?
Old 11-23-13, 01:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHRAH4KENTON View Post
Our D is Lightsout THE best we have had....Period.............The Mauks are better QB's But as a whole Kentons 2013 team is better..... Sherman has great arm strength but buy no means can run like the Mauks(not many can).....Sherman reminds me of a Ben Roethlisberger big and strong and slides in the pocket and can throw on the move.........When it comes to stopping the run Kenton D has done it all year.......Shut out teams like Coldwater,Wapak, held OG to 1 td(scored on Kentons 2nd string).......Shut down a good Defiance(1 td) team..........NO one has run against Kenton and scored enuff to make a differance in the game.........Kentons D is very big and fast to the ball...........
A defense that is "lights out" does not give up 43 points to a team! Aslo, I can bet you that Kenton has not faced a rushing attack as good as Massie's. Keep in mind Massie can pass this year!
Old 11-23-13, 01:44 PM
All District

Quote:
A defense that is "lights out" does not give up 43 points to a team! Aslo, I can bet you that Kenton has not faced a rushing attack as good as Massie's. Keep in mind Massie can pass this year!
O ok!! Massie is no Bryan
Old 11-23-13, 01:48 PM
All District

Quote:
O ok!! Massie is no Bryan
hahahaha you're right they are better!!!! It's funny because I had never even heard of Bryan until this year.

Last edited by beast#1 : 11-23-13 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 02:07 PM
All District

Quote:
hahahaha you're right they are better!!!! It's funny because I had never even heard of Bryan until this year.
Bet you heard of Coldwater?
Old 11-23-13, 02:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Bet you heard of Coldwater?
Yes and what does that have to do with this game besides the fact that Kenton beat them the very first week of the season?
Old 11-23-13, 02:23 PM
Varsity

Quote:
It's a good thing Massie has a history with Kenton. They know what's coming. I don't see anyone from Massie predicting a blowout or anything so I don't know what you are talking about. Massie can pass this year, which in years past they could not. So I think they should do just fine. How is simply stating that we think Massie will win a bad thing? We have confidence in our team, but no one is predicting a blowout like Kenton fans are.
Massie can run but id be worried if they have to pass? Didn't see much to convince me of that ?
Old 11-23-13, 02:25 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy1 View Post
Massie can run but id be worried if they have to pass? Didn't see much to convince me of that ?
They didn't pass much in the game last night because it was windy. Also, of the passes that were thrown they were right on the money, but were dropped. That usually doesn't happen. You can't base your opinion off of one game you've seen.
Old 11-23-13, 02:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Ummmmm....Massie has a loss? And they are the best ever Massie team? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-23-13, 02:40 PM
All District

Quote:
They didn't pass much in the game last night because it was windy. Also, of the passes that were thrown they were right on the money, but were dropped. That usually doesn't happen. You can't base your opinion off of one game you've seen.

What is he aloud to base his opinion on then? A game he hasnt seen?
Old 11-23-13, 02:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Ummmmm....Massie has a loss? And they are the best ever Massie team? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Who said this is the best ever CM team? You clearly don't know anything about football. It doesn't matter if a team has a loss, that doesn't mean they can't be a great team. Coldwater has 2 losses are they a bad team because of it? Obviously the answer is no...... oh wait they must still be really good only because Kenton beat them. How many teams with a loss have won a state championship? I think Moeller last year lost 2 games and won state.
Old 11-23-13, 02:48 PM
All District

Quote:
What is he aloud to base his opinion on then? A game he hasnt seen?
I'm sorry, but you just need to stay off these forums. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You are embarrassing the Kenton fan base! There is more to a team than just one game... my god!
Old 11-23-13, 02:50 PM
All District

[quote=beast#1;5689196]
Quote:
Yes past games dont matter unless you can use it in your favor......We need talking points for the rest of the week.....So what would you like to talk about? If not the past?????
FYI: Kentons 2013 team is THE BEST I/we here in Kenton has ever watched/had.....But all the games in 2013 are as you would say "in the past"[/QUOTE

Well at least it's hard to say that this is the best team that Massie has ever had because they have had so many great teams in the past. I mean they have been in the playoffs for something like 13 years straight. They've also been to 3 straight final 4s now. It's hard winning all the time. Also, this is one of the best teams that Massie has ever had. So there you go, I can do it too.
You implied here^^^^^ that this along with others this is the best team Massie has had!!
Old 11-23-13, 02:52 PM
Varsity

Quote:
1 int an 1 wounded duck that shoulda coulda been another was what I seen. As to Ruff not being a factor he had 7 carries for 50 yards before the broken leg that's almost half of what wolf ended up with . I see any team losing their big back CM included being a major factor!!!
Old 11-23-13, 02:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Who said this is the best ever CM team? You clearly don't know anything about football. It doesn't matter if a team has a loss, that doesn't mean they can't be a great team. Coldwater has 2 losses are they a bad team because of it? Obviously the answer is no...... oh wait they must still be really good only because Kenton beat them. How many teams with a loss have won a state championship? I think Moeller last year lost 2 games and won state.
quite a few teams won state without being undefeated.
Old 11-23-13, 02:53 PM
All District

[quote=RAHRAH4KENTON;5689311]
Quote:

You implied here^^^^^ that this along with others is the best team Massie has had!!
I said one of the best, not the best. Obviously this is one of the best teams because they have made it to the final 4 and have beaten Alter!
Old 11-23-13, 02:55 PM
All District

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you just need to stay off these forums. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You are embarrassing the Kenton fan base! There is more to a team than just one game... my god!
Now you are the yappie police???......
You based Kentons D as not being lights out on 1 game for giving up 43pts did you not? Talk about not knowing what you are talking about and embarrassing!!
Old 11-23-13, 02:56 PM
All District

Quote:
1 int an 1 wounded duck that shoulda coulda been another was what I seen. As to Ruff not being a factor he had 7 carries for 50 yards before the broken leg that's almost half of what wolf ended up with . I see any team losing their big back CM included being a major factor!!!
CM was the better team last night. End of story!
Old 11-23-13, 02:56 PM
All District

Quote:
BINGO!!!
Old 11-23-13, 02:57 PM
All District

Quote:
Now you are the yappie police???......
You based Kentons D on 1 game for giving up 43pts did you not? Talk about not knowing what you are talking about and embarrassing!!
I didn't base that off of one game. I just used that as an example, but yes they did give up 43 points last night.
Old 11-23-13, 03:01 PM
All District

Quote:
I didn't base that off of one game. I just used that as an example, but yes they did give up 43 points last night.
So what are you basing it on?
Old 11-23-13, 03:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Explain your own words for Kentons D then^^^^
Old 11-23-13, 04:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Bryan has always been D3. They dropped to D4 when the new divisional alignment happened. That being said, what does the fact that you've never heard of Bryan have to do with whether or not they are good? I'm willing to bet Bryan fans had never heard of Massie til this year either....lol.
Old 11-23-13, 04:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Bryan has always been D3. They dropped to D4 when the new divisional alignment happened. That being said, what does the fact that you've never heard of Bryan have to do with whether or not they are good? I'm willing to bet Bryan fans had never heard of Massie til this year either....lol.
Clinton-Massie is a perennial powerhouse and won state last year. You're going to tell me that they have never heard of Massie. I meant no disrespect to Bryan. I was saying that because RahRah was acting like Kenton had beaten a state champ or something.
Old 11-23-13, 04:46 PM
All District

Quote:
You must not understand that Bryan is a great...awesome team that can beat anyone in DIV. Do you remember the Huron team that played Kenton? This Bryan team was as skilled and gave Kenton all they could handle. Kenton D is built to stop the run, but when it comes to spread passing teams they just try to out score you. If the spread is run efficiently it is hard to defend at the high school level. Kenton is very stout against the run and has the size up front to compete. You are looking at one game that was played with a spread team and not a running team. If Massie gets behind in points then they are done. They cannot or do not have the team that can score quickly.
Old 11-23-13, 05:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwdtn89 View Post
You must not understand that Bryan is a great...awesome team that can beat anyone in DIV. Do you remember the Huron team that played Kenton? This Bryan team was as skilled and gave Kenton all they could handle. Kenton D is built to stop the run, but when it comes to spread passing teams they just try to out score you. If the spread is run efficiently it is hard to defend at the high school level. Kenton is very stout against the run and has the size up front to compete. You are looking at one game that was played with a spread team and not a running team. If Massie gets behind in points then they are done. They cannot or do not have the team that can score quickly.
Please tell me how you know this. Massie CAN pass this year, therefore if they fall behind they can score quickly. Massie can score a lot of points. Massie can keep Kenton off the field by controlling the clock, which they do very well. The Falcons can and will have very long drives. Massie doesn't have to worry about Kenton scoring, if their offense is on the field. I think you guys are mistaken, it is a team like Massie that can beat Kenton because they can chew a lot of time off the clock. I can guarantee you Kenton has not played a team that is as good as Masse at running the ball.
Old 11-23-13, 05:07 PM
All District

Quote:
Please tell me how you know this. Massie CAN pass this year, therefore if they fall behind they can score quickly. Massie can score a lot of points. Massie can keep Kenton off the field by controlling the clock, which they do very well. The Falcons can and will have very long drives. Massie doesn't have to worry about Kenton scoring, if their offense is on the field. I think you guys are mistaken, it is a team like Massie that can beat Kenton because they can chew a lot of time off the clock. I can guarantee you Kenton has not played a team that is as good as Masse at running the ball.
Yea ok