Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Old 09-24-12, 02:03 PM
All Ohio

Trotwood Madison vs Piqua

This is likely Trotwood's toughest game remaining on the schedule. We all remember last year's 26-23 thriller, as Piqua was the team that came the closest to defeating Trotwood. I'm sure the Indians will be VERY fired up for this one!

Trotwood's offense is still not as consistent as it needs to be, however the running game is strong. Defensively, the Rams are very strong, holding West Carrollton's offense to -4 yards.

Can the Rams right the offensive ship? Will Piqua be able to match (and exceed) last year's performance?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-12, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

Think Trotwood will pull away late. Piqua is always a a good fundamental football team that tackles well
Old 09-24-12, 02:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Think Trotwood will pull away late. Piqua is always a a good fundamental football team that tackles well
Think TW will take this game, but still kinda up in the air about it also.
TW beat WC 20-0.

Was TW's 1st team on the bench or what. Expected that game to be a blowout.
Old 09-24-12, 02:51 PM
All American

Trotwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplenova View Post
Think TW will take this game, but still kinda up in the air about it also.
TW beat WC 20-0.

Was TW's 1st team on the bench or what. Expected that game to be a blowout.
Sat several key starters and apparently a Head Coach. But to answer the question yes they had some people out. GWOC site list Trotwood had 3 turnovers but they fumbled twice on 4th and short so they actually had 5. I think the bigger question is what is going on with Piqua? 55-0?
Old 09-24-12, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Piqua has problems right now.... and i am not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Lets not take anything away from Springboro, they are a very big physical football team. But Piqua just doesn't enough skill players this year. The kids who are on the team are giving it everything they can and i expect them to come in with an upset on their mind..... but i just can't see it.
Old 09-24-12, 09:10 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Piqua has problems right now.... and i am not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Lets not take anything away from Springboro, they are a very big physical football team. But Piqua just doesn't enough skill players this year. The kids who are on the team are giving it everything they can and i expect them to come in with an upset on their mind..... but i just can't see it.
Yeah Springboro is just that good this year. They feasted these last two weeks.
Old 09-25-12, 08:17 AM
All American

Reomving Wool

Quote:
Piqua beating Trotwood isnt an upset IMO. But when I saw that score I was really surprised. The thing that is tough for teams against Trotwood is the Trotwood defense is as good as advertised on every level of the defense. We are 3-2 right now because teams frankly dont move the ball against us. The offense is still a work in progress but the Trotwood offensive line appears to be coming together. Mallory has done well stepping in and just being an athlete at QB. I still think the Fresh meat is the best option their.
Old 09-25-12, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Sat several key starters and apparently a Head Coach. But to answer the question yes they had some people out. GWOC site list Trotwood had 3 turnovers but they fumbled twice on 4th and short so they actually had 5. I think the bigger question is what is going on with Piqua? 55-0?
You mean their HC, Mo Doug, wasn't at the conclusion of the game on Saturday? What the????

Last edited by DOG 44 : 09-25-12 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-25-12, 12:53 PM
Cooling Off

43-6 Trots.
Old 09-25-12, 02:16 PM
All American

Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG 44 View Post
You mean their HC, Mo Doug, wasn't at the conclusion of the game on Saturday? What the????
That is strange. But we look forward to coach being back on the sideline again this week in hopes of a speedy recovery!
Old 09-25-12, 04:30 PM
All Yappi

Vamps has Piqua at a 21.5 point underdog so if Piqua can find a way to win then it would fall under the upset category. Here is the stat of the weekend that makes me feel this way, Last Friday night at halftime Piqua's offense had (by our count) a total of 54 yards of offense and 38 of that came on 1 play right before halftime. But make no mistake about it, i will be rooting and yelling for my Indians to show up and send Trotwood home 3-3.

But in all honesty i think Piqua can still finish 6-4 going 4-0 vs Sidney, Butler, Greenville and T-roy. Which will get them close but not quite into the post season. But i wouldn't say any of them will be easy wins........ The question for the coaching staff is do you let the kids play this year or do you start moving your kids who are going to be starters next year in and getting them playing time on Friday nights.
Old 09-25-12, 04:44 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Vamps has Piqua at a 21.5 point underdog so if Piqua can find a way to win then it would fall under the upset category. Here is the stat of the weekend that makes me feel this way, Last Friday night at halftime Piqua's offense had (by our count) a total of 54 yards of offense and 38 of that came on 1 play right before halftime. But make no mistake about it, i will be rooting and yelling for my Indians to show up and send Trotwood home 3-3.

But in all honesty i think Piqua can still finish 6-4 going 4-0 vs Sidney, Butler, Greenville and T-roy. Which will get them close but not quite into the post season. But i wouldn't say any of them will be easy wins........ The question for the coaching staff is do you let the kids play this year or do you start moving your kids who are going to be starters next year in and getting them playing time on Friday nights.
Piqua seemed off this past Friday/Saturday. Springboro handled them quite easily. Springboro is playing well granted but this is not the Piqua team of old. They seem to be young with alot of Juniors starting. Based on their remaining schedule, they should finish 6-4 or 5-5. Troy could be a tough game. Trotwood will absolutely stop Piqua's offense. They allowed -4 total yards to West Carrollton last week. Their defense is that good. The offense is the suspect part of their team. Turnovers could really help Piqua. Go Indians.
Old 09-27-12, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

A few turnovers and special teams scores would really help the Indians. I can only hope the Indians find a way! It seems like Coach Douglas always over thinks when he is playing Nees and the Indians. Lets hope that trend continues......
Old 09-28-12, 07:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
A few turnovers and special teams scores would really help the Indians. I can only hope the Indians find a way! It seems like Coach Douglas always over thinks when he is playing Nees and the Indians. Lets hope that trend continues......
That's very possible...Wayne & University really turned the game around with blocked punts for scores. Against Fairmont, Trotwood gave up several returns that were over 40 yards.
Old 09-28-12, 09:44 PM
All Yappi

Trotwood 42
Piqua 0

I am not sure which i laughed at more..... the Piqua tackling or Trotwood band's halftime show. Piqua has been beaten 97-0 in 2 weeks...... this team has problems and i am not sure what the cure is.
Old 09-28-12, 09:46 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Trotwood 42
Piqua 0

I am not sure which i laughed at more..... the Piqua tackling or Trotwood band's halftime show. Piqua has been beaten 97-0 in 2 weeks...... this team has problems and i am not sure what the cure is.
Maybe a short trip up I-75 or 25-A is the cure. I sure hope not. Should be a good game.
Old 09-28-12, 10:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Maybe a short trip up I-75 or 25-A is the cure. I sure hope not. Should be a good game.
Yeah, i am not sure i would want to be a Jacket fan right now. The next 2 weeks is @ Sidney and Greenville and if this team can stop getting mad at each other they might take some frustration out on both of them!

I have only missed 2 Piqua games since the 2000 season and i have not seen anything like this before.
Old 09-28-12, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah, i am not sure i would want to be a Jacket fan right now. The next 2 weeks is @ Sidney and Greenville and if this team can stop getting mad at each other they might take some frustration out on both of them!

I have only missed 2 Piqua games since the 2000 season and i have not seen anything like this before.
I think WHIO will be there for the food drive thing. So we'll definitely get some highlights either way.
Old 09-28-12, 10:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
I think WHIO will be there for the food drive thing. So we'll definitely get some highlights either way.

They announced tonight it was the goodwill collection thing. Donate clothes and stuff like that for the Piqua-Sidney game. Is it your homecoming too?
Old 09-28-12, 10:37 PM
All World

Wow! Piqua really struggled with those crossovers.

Then, to get Trotwood the first divisional game............ tough road there.
Old 09-28-12, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Just seen the stats from the GWOC site, Trotwood had 444 yards of offense and Piqua had 151. Again, i know Springboro and Trotwood are very good teams, but this Piqua team is missing something. Maybe this humbling of the program will work in a positive direction.
Old 09-28-12, 11:26 PM
All American

Trotwood/Piqua

Trotwood defense continues to be dominant. 3 TD's called back and still 42-0 clip. Hey Indians Rules I would have laughed at the Piqua band but instead I was overwhelmed by boredom and fell asleep.... Trotwood looks to be finding a little more consistant play on offense. Green and Jackson finally got loose.
Old 09-28-12, 11:38 PM
All Yappi

We have a band?
Old 09-28-12, 11:40 PM
All American

Well

Quote:
We have a band?
Good point
Old 09-28-12, 11:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Good point

But on a serious note, i was hopeful that what i seen last week in Springboro wasn't real. But it was, and this team while i won't rule out being 6-4 when it's done but something is very wrong right now to be outscored 97-0 in 8 quarters is not Piqua football.

But good luck the rest of the way!
Old 09-29-12, 12:17 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Piqua is always a a good fundamental football team that tackles well[/quote]

They have been solid for many years!