Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Cuyahoga Falls Black Tigers

Notices

Old 11-26-08, 07:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Tiger#57 is on a distinguished road
2009 Football Season

Any thoughts or comments for next season
Old 03-24-09, 02:22 PM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
time to rise up and go get a division title boys!!!!!!
Old 03-24-09, 08:06 PM
Freshman

uomini d'onore is on a distinguished road
Yes, here are a few.....

(1) Shut off your computer and all of you get back in the weight room. While you are there do some serious, heavy lifting so that that you don't get pushed around and ran over like a bunch of rag dolls.

(2) After you all are finished lifting, hit the practice field or gym and run sprints until you puke so you're not gassed by half time.

(3) Stop playing like a bunch of quitters and sissies on game nights. Go out and knock the ---- out of your opponents, make plays, and do whatever it takes to start winning games.

(4) Everybody start respecting and listening to your coaches, cut back on the partying, and stop worrying about stuff that doesn't contribute to winning.

(5) Stay off of the internet and stop making stupid posts on these forums. It's embarassing to the program, school, and community.

(6) Quit making excuses for losing. You guys and only you are responsible for your level of play on the field.
Old 03-27-09, 04:30 PM
All District

uomini , you sound like a hypocrit, giving negative and positive in the same post.. that kind of negative bull is what we do not need.. if you can't be in the mindset that this program is and is going to do something great this year.. go to another community..
Old 03-27-09, 08:07 PM
Freshman

I've got news for you .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket233 View Post
uomini , you sound like a hypocrit, giving negative and positive in the same post.. that kind of negative bull is what we do not need.. if you can't be in the mindset that this program is and is going to do something great this year.. go to another community..
I've been in this community for a long time, I've paid my dues, and I'm not going anywhere. I've also been behind this program the whole time. I've seen it reach it's most recent pinnacle in 2001 and then watched it decline to its current condition. Last season was the worst. I've listened to and read all of the blame, excuses, and complaints about why we aren't winning. I've supported these teams emotionally, financially, and through actual physical labor. So, I'm no hypocrite and I'm going to tell everybody the truth the way I see it. For you see, I truly care about Falls Football and the kids. Frankly, this current group plays and acts like they don't care and the items I addressed in the prior post is what I honestly think that they need to start doing to turn things around. I feel my mindset is correct . If they want to do something great, they're going to have to do it through hard work, committment, and sacrifice. Posting on the internet and complaining about the fan support, running smack to the Stow posters, etc. isn't going to win any games. These guys have a lot to prove and they need to get serious about things and I'm telling them this as to dispense good advice not to cut on them. I honestly want them to be successful but I'm not going to blow smoke up their skirts by posting a bunch of politically correct BS cheerleading posts. They need a reality check ! By the way, Mr. Bigticket, I'm going to encourage you to get involved in the Booster Club and Gridiron Alum Club and to chip in with some work and money to support these guys if you're not already doing so. GO TIGERS !
Old 03-27-09, 08:15 PM
All District

I am currently in the Alumni club and do a lot of volunteer for the high school for multiple sports.. enough there... but sounding so negative before the season.. just not the right thing to do.. I thank you for being supportive but just do exactly that.. but dont tell me that to be a fan you need to put money there.. come on..
Once again boys go get your division title!!!! Stay positive and work hard for your team.. coaches and your community!
Old 03-27-09, 08:38 PM
Freshman

Look, I'm not going to get into an ongoing pi$$ing match with you. If these guys want to start winning, they need to change their habits and their mindsets. There is nothing negative about that. This losing syndrome has been going on for six seasons now and these guys need to be told to toughen up and start getting the job done, I'm very POSITIVE about that.
Old 03-27-09, 10:24 PM
All District

Let Coach Miller and his staff do their job.. they have done a good job in their first year.. we have a lot of promise coming up in the ranks.. you telling them to do this and do that isn't helping matters.. stay positive.. the time is now for all of the community to get behind these guys not worried about the past.. the time is now
Old 03-28-09, 07:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Dr. Finklestein is on a distinguished road
All i would like to say is this, we can talk all we want to. The guys have to come out when they are suppose to. Some do, some don't. Those that don't need to get up off their butts and support their team mates and team, just not think that because they are seniors they are going to play, THIS HAS TO STOP!! If they don't workout, they should not play, PERIOD. I see a lot of guys working out that want to play. Let them play, and let the others stay on the sidelines where they have been during workouts. I see a lot of potential on this upcoming season and on. Guys, quit arguing, call the band parents, tell them to support our team and stay after halftime, and just route for the team, support the coaches decisions, and lets act like Adults
Old 04-01-09, 11:39 AM
All District

If you guys all buy into what Coach Miller and his staff have to offer you as a team.. than no other team will get in your way... I don't care what these supposed fans say about the past.. it's just that the past.. can't change it.. start with the winning attitude now that you will be very successful with the upcoming year and beyond.. Most of you I know from the youth ranks for the past 10 years moving up.. go make a difference and your mark in Falls history!
Old 04-05-09, 07:41 AM
Moderated User

rollinondubs is on a distinguished road
haha i love falls
Old 04-13-09, 02:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Ur an idiot! And thats all i have to say.
Old 05-21-09, 09:19 AM
All District

oldtiger is on a distinguished road
I have been gone for a bit, trying to sit back and see what is going on. Well, how did spring lifting go, did baseball guys lift. Any changes on staff, any good nes, any concerns?
Go TIGERS!
Old 06-15-09, 10:44 AM
All American

rosenthal is on a distinguished road
Woodridge would beat you at this point...
Old 07-14-09, 02:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtiger View Post
I have been gone for a bit, trying to sit back and see what is going on. Well, how did spring lifting go, did baseball guys lift. Any changes on staff, any good nes, any concerns?
Go TIGERS!

Lifting is going great and our attendence is good. Not many of the baseball players lifted while in season but now that were in summer we have full force and r ready and more pumped than ever before. We curently have 45 days until we open up against barberton and we start team camp on monday the 20th and have our first passing scrimmage thursday the 23rd if im not mistaken and we start two-a-days the 3rd of august. We r very confident this season and i feel that the black tigers on r there way up and barberton better be ready cause there in for a big suprise!
Old 07-14-09, 03:06 PM
All District

tyfateam
Barberton by two TD's
Old 07-20-09, 09:27 PM
Junior Varsity

hahahahaha u r greatly mistaken my friend:

Were getting OUR bell back!!!
Old 07-21-09, 07:05 AM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger#57 View Post
hahahahaha u r greatly mistaken my friend:

Were getting OUR bell back!!!
No Chance!!!
Old 07-27-09, 09:33 PM
Freshman

stowfootball76 is on a distinguished road
probably going to suck again...get ready to get smashed again
Old 08-16-09, 12:08 PM
All Region

magics89 is on a distinguished road
Did Falls have a full contact scrimmage yet?
Old 08-21-09, 12:08 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by magics89 View Post
Did Falls have a full contact scrimmage yet?

yea we did against parma last saturday and we have another one tonight agaisnt wooster at 7. I heared that barberton didnt do so hot against cloverleaf?!? is this true???
Old 08-21-09, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger#57 View Post
yea we did against parma last saturday and we have another one tonight agaisnt wooster at 7. I heared that barberton didnt do so hot against cloverleaf?!? is this true???
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Barberton plays Cloverleaf in the regular season. They are both members of the Suburban League. The Magics did scrimmage Garfield and both schools looked very good in some aspects and also need to improve in others. Barberton scrimmages Ellet tonight but no one should take it for very much. Barberton will run about six differant plays and 4-6 starters will not play.
Old 08-21-09, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86
Come on frecriss, you know you guys scrimmaged Cloverleaf. Doesn't everyone scrimmage at least one team they will play in the regular season?

Barberton beats CF by at least 2 TD's.
Old 08-22-09, 09:07 AM
All Region

magics89 is on a distinguished road
Barberton scrimmaged Ak. Garfield and Ak. Ellet. I was at both of them. And oh yes, the Cloverleaf scrimmage...anyway. I am loooking forward to finally being competative in the SL and possibly a playoff birth. We were in the playoff picture last year til week 9! Against Falls though, records never meant anything. Always a great game!
Old 08-22-09, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86
With the way Barberton is shaping up, I'm going to change my prediction to:

Magics over the Tigers by 3 TD's
Old 08-23-09, 02:17 PM
All American

frankie is on a distinguished road
Welcome back to the Magic City.

The Magic faithful are overjoyed to have the Black Tigers back on the schedule and as our first opponent in the improved stadium complex. far too many years have passed without this great game. As happy as we are though: Don't bring a truck... You won't be taking "THE BELL" home.
Old 08-30-09, 10:38 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPride86 View Post
Magics over the Tigers by 3 TD's
Called it.
Old 08-31-09, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Cuyahoga Falls has a big and athletic front seven on defense, #77 in particular. Their O-Line is big but mediocre. The RB is decent. However, their WR's and DB's are very weak and both the starting and backup QB's are bad though the backup can run a little.
Old 09-05-09, 09:53 AM
Junior Varsity

Havingfun4God is on a distinguished road
It's kind of sad to see that we started out 0-2 when we could easily be 1-1 right now. I agree with Uomini, these guys need to put man pants on and grow a pair and get tough. I have never heard of O-linemen getting concussions or even that many guys getting hurt they are. O-linemen hit...that is it. These guys are way to soft. There is no motivation. Someone need to kick these guys in the butt. That spread offense doesn't work unless u have a good QB...I love Leymon to to death but he just isn't that strong of a QB. Play guys that wanna play...that love the game and want to have fun. Not those guys that get all fancied up to try and look good. WHO U TRYIN TO LOOK GOOD FOR. If u haven't noticed, those dudes across from u want to hurt u as bad as possible. The leadership is terrible, everyone is playin there own game and only watchin out for themselves. Plus I think Gammel needs t go. The calls the same play over and over. Take some chances....u guys are so easy to scout cuz u don't adjust anything. Maybe we should worry about Football instead of who ur gonna sleep with and where the next party is at. I hope Coach Miller has a plan...I know what I would do. This really sucks. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-09, 09:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havingfun4God View Post
It's kind of sad to see that we started out 0-2 when we could easily be 1-1 right now. I agree with Uomini, these guys need to put man pants on and grow a pair and get tough. I have never heard of O-linemen getting concussions or even that many guys getting hurt they are. O-linemen hit...that is it. These guys are way to soft. There is no motivation. Someone need to kick these guys in the butt. That spread offense doesn't work unless u have a good QB...I love Leymon to to death but he just isn't that strong of a QB. Play guys that wanna play...that love the game and want to have fun. Not those guys that get all fancied up to try and look good. WHO U TRYIN TO LOOK GOOD FOR. If u haven't noticed, those dudes across from u want to hurt u as bad as possible. The leadership is terrible, everyone is playin there own game and only watchin out for themselves. Plus I think Gammel needs t go. The calls the same play over and over. Take some chances....u guys are so easy to scout cuz u don't adjust anything. Maybe we should worry about Football instead of who ur gonna sleep with and where the next party is at. I hope Coach Miller has a plan...I know what I would do. This really sucks. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could easily be 1-1 right now? Which game could you have easily won? The game you lost by three td's or the game you lost by five td's?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: