Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-19-17, 05:12 PM
BuckeyeUrban BuckeyeUrban is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-19-14
Posts: 453
BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
2017 Canal Fulton Northwest Indians

Strengths and weaknesses coming into this season? Record last year? How many returning starters on offense/defense?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-20-17, 03:45 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
NW returns a few starters from a 6-4 ball club last season. This will be the first year in the PAC. NW has QB/FS Luke Fennell, great athelete but needs to become a better passer. I don't really have any big expectations for this group, NW is a year or two away from really being a threat in the PAC
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-17, 06:44 AM
Stizostedion Stizostedion is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-04
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posts: 2,246
Stizostedion
Way to down play it. Northwest is going to come in and dominate the PAC.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-17, 07:18 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,987
bigkat is on a distinguished road
is VIC still the head coach?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-17, 09:21 AM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,261
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
is VIC still the head coach?
No. Whiting resigned/retired about a year ago amidst allegations of inappropriate conduct. Joe Harbour served as interim HC last season and had the interim tag removed after the season. Harbour was an assistant under Whiting and coached Norwayne to a state title (2011, IIRC) by beating Maty Mauk's Kenton team in a shootout before returning to Whiting's staff a few years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-17, 01:09 PM
sheldoncooper sheldoncooper is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-30-14
Posts: 74
sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
look for a freshman named Mick to push at QB position ....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-21-17, 02:40 PM
Paydirt Paydirt is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-11-15
Posts: 277
Paydirt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
look for a freshman named Mick to push at QB position ....
Mick is at Hoban.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-17, 02:49 PM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Posts: 730
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Way to down play it. Northwest is going to come in and dominate the PAC.
An attempt to spark bulletin board material?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-17, 04:26 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Way to down play it. Northwest is going to come in and dominate the PAC.
Who are you again? Are you a lifelong Northwest fan? Have you attended all of there 7x7's so far? Do you have relatives on the team? No, so quit trying to blow this up into a bunch of unnecessary Ego crap and quit drinking the absinthe at your local liquor store.

NW will be competitive in the PAC I have no doubt about that, but to say "dominate" especially this year is completely ridiculous. We are young and physically smaller compared to the past prior seasons.

Northwest football is a shadow of what they were in the mid to late 2000's. However we still have a great coaching staff at the helm. I expect some lumps early on against Lake and New Philly. How we respond early will be huge for this teams success. I am excited to see us renew backyard rivalries with Manchester, and Tuslaw.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-21-17, 08:19 PM
sheldoncooper sheldoncooper is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-30-14
Posts: 74
sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
Didn't hear anything about Mick kid going to Hoban ... Heard back in the spring something about them moving Fennell to RB due to frosh Qb
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-21-17, 08:41 PM
BeachBison BeachBison is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-18-15
Posts: 41
BeachBison is on a distinguished road
How have the Indians 7 on 7's gone? Who have they thrown with, and how have they looked? Lake, week 1 will be a huge challenge. I know they struggled to find anyone, and had to settle. Originally, it was supposed to be Sylvania Southview, but they backed out to play a Michigan school.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-22-17, 04:27 AM
StarstoShine StarstoShine is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-07-03
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,477
StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Is Mick changing positions otherwise he will be stuck behind fellow Frosh QB Shane Hamm for the next four years. SMH
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-24-17, 06:04 AM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Is Mick changing positions otherwise he will be stuck behind fellow Frosh QB Shane Hamm for the next four years. SMH
He probably would have been NW starting QB as a true freshman. Unreal
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-25-17, 10:35 AM
NWIndianNation01 NWIndianNation01 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-12-07
Posts: 344
NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Spoke with someone in the know last week and he said we have potential to be pretty good but a lot will depend on the maturation of Fennel at QB and the overall dedication and toughness of the players. Supposedly they are a little soft, but the coaches are working at kicking their butts into high gear. Fennel has a big arm but lack of accuracy on bigger passes.

Supposedly the WR corp will be really good if we can get them the ball. Couple of good Tight Ends too that could help us out a lot.

OL has lost a lot of weight but are strong and fast.

RB is all around fast and tough...similar to Evan Bach...from what I hear.

Just looking forward to the season getting here and seeing what we got!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-25-17, 03:19 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Spoke with someone in the know last week and he said we have potential to be pretty good but a lot will depend on the maturation of Fennel at QB and the overall dedication and toughness of the players. Supposedly they are a little soft, but the coaches are working at kicking their butts into high gear. Fennel has a big arm but lack of accuracy on bigger passes.

Supposedly the WR corp will be really good if we can get them the ball. Couple of good Tight Ends too that could help us out a lot.

OL has lost a lot of weight but are strong and fast.

RB is all around fast and tough...similar to Evan Bach...from what I hear.

Just looking forward to the season getting here and seeing what we got!
I'd agree with everything you said IndianNation. Let's hope for a great year
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-26-17, 09:25 AM
NWIndianNation01 NWIndianNation01 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-12-07
Posts: 344
NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
I'd agree with everything you said IndianNation. Let's hope for a great year
Someone agreeing with me on something...say what?!? Ha

Guess that is what happens when I just post what someone in the know told me, rather than spouting my own thoughts. Trying to lay low in regards to my opinions...I'd rather not make waves...not that I have wave making opinions on this year's team.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-26-17, 03:23 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 577
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Is Mick changing positions otherwise he will be stuck behind fellow Frosh QB Shane Hamm for the next four years. SMH
Its not too late. As long as he doesn't participate in a scrimmage, he can always come back. Starting 4 year QB at Northwest or looking for a new position at Hoban. One you are a hometown hero, the other, blah.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-26-17, 09:17 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
Its not too late. As long as he doesn't participate in a scrimmage, he can always come back. Starting 4 year QB at Northwest or looking for a new position at Hoban. One you are a hometown hero, the other, blah.
You would think one would be obvious
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-26-17, 09:34 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 577
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Some schools have an aura about them right now and kids are drawn to it. I think most kids when they become adults look back at those decisions with regret when their dreams are crushed by other more talented kids doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-27-17, 12:04 AM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Someone agreeing with me on something...say what?!? Ha

Guess that is what happens when I just post what someone in the know told me, rather than spouting my own thoughts. Trying to lay low in regards to my opinions...I'd rather not make waves...not that I have wave making opinions on this year's team.
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-27-17, 07:04 AM
Stizostedion Stizostedion is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-04
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posts: 2,246
Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Who are you again? Are you a lifelong Northwest fan? Have you attended all of there 7x7's so far? Do you have relatives on the team? No, so quit trying to blow this up into a bunch of unnecessary Ego crap and quit drinking the absinthe at your local liquor store.

NW will be competitive in the PAC I have no doubt about that, but to say "dominate" especially this year is completely ridiculous. We are young and physically smaller compared to the past prior seasons.

Northwest football is a shadow of what they were in the mid to late 2000's. However we still have a great coaching staff at the helm. I expect some lumps early on against Lake and New Philly. How we respond early will be huge for this teams success. I am excited to see us renew backyard rivalries with Manchester, and Tuslaw.
I do not have to live at the stadium to know what is going on. Northwest will dominate the PAC. They have the numbers and the talent even in down years.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-27-17, 01:06 PM
NWIndianNation01 NWIndianNation01 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-12-07
Posts: 344
NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
What are you talking about?
I don't know...ha

Just saying that when I give my opinion on all these boards, nobody agrees. Since this isn't really my opinion, nobody can disagree as easily.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-27-17, 02:41 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I do not have to live at the stadium to know what is going on. Northwest will dominate the PAC. They have the numbers and the talent even in down years.
I just think you are creating locker room material for other schools for no reason and have a secret vendetta against NW trolling us constantly. Besides aren't you a Central Fan? Move along

Believe I wouldn't want nothing more for us to come in and dominate. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Numbers, size, and Talent are down. Look at Orrville last year. They went 4-6, I know they had some serious injury problems but they didn't fair well in PAC after supposedly "going to dominate" everyone
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-27-17, 02:56 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,261
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
I just think you are creating locker room material for other schools for no reason and have a secret vendetta against NW trolling us constantly. Besides aren't you a Central Fan? Move along

Believe I wouldn't want nothing more for us to come in and dominate. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Numbers, size, and Talent are down. Look at Orrville last year. They went 4-6, I know they had some serious injury problems but they didn't fair well in PAC after supposedly "going to dominate" everyone
I don't think Stiz has anything against NW. He's trolling Manchester fans by talking up their neighbors.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-28-17, 10:21 AM
NWIndianNation01 NWIndianNation01 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-12-07
Posts: 344
NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Any upcoming/young players we need to keep an eye on? I was told we have a WR and TE that should be pretty good, but don't know their names. Unfortunately FNO doesn't have our roster up yet.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-28-17, 12:57 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Any upcoming/young players we need to keep an eye on? I was told we have a WR and TE that should be pretty good, but don't know their names. Unfortunately FNO doesn't have our roster up yet.
Sophomore Colin Houser TB/S is the one to keep an eye on. Other players I'll be watching Juniors Isiah Grossnickle and Bryan Norment both WR/DB's with good speed
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-01-17, 06:52 AM
Stizostedion Stizostedion is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-04
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posts: 2,246
Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
I just think you are creating locker room material for other schools for no reason and have a secret vendetta against NW trolling us constantly. Besides aren't you a Central Fan? Move along

Believe I wouldn't want nothing more for us to come in and dominate. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Numbers, size, and Talent are down. Look at Orrville last year. They went 4-6, I know they had some serious injury problems but they didn't fair well in PAC after supposedly "going to dominate" everyone
I have ties to Canal Fulton. It is where I lived during my high school years. I lived in Barberton, Manchester and Texas before we moved to Canal Fulton. My cousins went to Northwest. I have family that works for NW Schools so I have my interests and my way of knowing things.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-01-17, 10:36 AM
NWIndianNation01 NWIndianNation01 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-12-07
Posts: 344
NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I have ties to Canal Fulton. It is where I lived during my high school years. I lived in Barberton, Manchester and Texas before we moved to Canal Fulton. My cousins went to Northwest. I have family that works for NW Schools so I have my interests and my way of knowing things.
Give us some more intel then....
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-01-17, 10:45 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 492
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I have ties to Canal Fulton. It is where I lived during my high school years. I lived in Barberton, Manchester and Texas before we moved to Canal Fulton. My cousins went to Northwest. I have family that works for NW Schools so I have my interests and my way of knowing things.
Well I don't know who's feeding you this material but I can assure you they are either too optimistic or just full of it. If last year's group was in the PAC i would feel a lot more confident about having a much successful season. Lots of question marks about this teams chances to "dominate" the PAC in the Indian Nation land
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-23-17, 09:53 PM
Henry37 Henry37 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-12-02
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,180
Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I do not have to live at the stadium to know what is going on. Northwest will dominate the PAC. They have the numbers and the talent even in down years.
As usual, Stiz delivering falsehoods.

He's consistent, so we'll give him that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division IV Schedules EagleFan Archives 28 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division V Schedules EagleFan Archives 14 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Northwest Conference rjewards Football 15 09-25-17 09:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz