Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-19-17, 05:12 PM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
2017 Canal Fulton Northwest Indians

Strengths and weaknesses coming into this season? Record last year? How many returning starters on offense/defense?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-17, 03:45 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
NW returns a few starters from a 6-4 ball club last season. This will be the first year in the PAC. NW has QB/FS Luke Fennell, great athelete but needs to become a better passer. I don't really have any big expectations for this group, NW is a year or two away from really being a threat in the PAC
Old 07-21-17, 06:44 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Way to down play it. Northwest is going to come in and dominate the PAC.
Old 07-21-17, 07:18 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
is VIC still the head coach?
Old 07-21-17, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
is VIC still the head coach?
No. Whiting resigned/retired about a year ago amidst allegations of inappropriate conduct. Joe Harbour served as interim HC last season and had the interim tag removed after the season. Harbour was an assistant under Whiting and coached Norwayne to a state title (2011, IIRC) by beating Maty Mauk's Kenton team in a shootout before returning to Whiting's staff a few years ago.
Old 07-21-17, 01:09 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
look for a freshman named Mick to push at QB position ....
Old 07-21-17, 02:40 PM
All Region

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
look for a freshman named Mick to push at QB position ....
Mick is at Hoban.
Old 07-21-17, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
An attempt to spark bulletin board material?
Old 07-21-17, 04:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Who are you again? Are you a lifelong Northwest fan? Have you attended all of there 7x7's so far? Do you have relatives on the team? No, so quit trying to blow this up into a bunch of unnecessary Ego crap and quit drinking the absinthe at your local liquor store.

NW will be competitive in the PAC I have no doubt about that, but to say "dominate" especially this year is completely ridiculous. We are young and physically smaller compared to the past prior seasons.

Northwest football is a shadow of what they were in the mid to late 2000's. However we still have a great coaching staff at the helm. I expect some lumps early on against Lake and New Philly. How we respond early will be huge for this teams success. I am excited to see us renew backyard rivalries with Manchester, and Tuslaw.
Old 07-21-17, 08:19 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
Didn't hear anything about Mick kid going to Hoban ... Heard back in the spring something about them moving Fennell to RB due to frosh Qb
Old 07-21-17, 08:41 PM
Junior Varsity

BeachBison is on a distinguished road
How have the Indians 7 on 7's gone? Who have they thrown with, and how have they looked? Lake, week 1 will be a huge challenge. I know they struggled to find anyone, and had to settle. Originally, it was supposed to be Sylvania Southview, but they backed out to play a Michigan school.
Old 07-22-17, 04:27 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Is Mick changing positions otherwise he will be stuck behind fellow Frosh QB Shane Hamm for the next four years. SMH
Old 07-24-17, 06:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Is Mick changing positions otherwise he will be stuck behind fellow Frosh QB Shane Hamm for the next four years. SMH
He probably would have been NW starting QB as a true freshman. Unreal
Old 07-25-17, 10:35 AM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Spoke with someone in the know last week and he said we have potential to be pretty good but a lot will depend on the maturation of Fennel at QB and the overall dedication and toughness of the players. Supposedly they are a little soft, but the coaches are working at kicking their butts into high gear. Fennel has a big arm but lack of accuracy on bigger passes.

Supposedly the WR corp will be really good if we can get them the ball. Couple of good Tight Ends too that could help us out a lot.

OL has lost a lot of weight but are strong and fast.

RB is all around fast and tough...similar to Evan Bach...from what I hear.

Just looking forward to the season getting here and seeing what we got!
Old 07-25-17, 03:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Spoke with someone in the know last week and he said we have potential to be pretty good but a lot will depend on the maturation of Fennel at QB and the overall dedication and toughness of the players. Supposedly they are a little soft, but the coaches are working at kicking their butts into high gear. Fennel has a big arm but lack of accuracy on bigger passes.

Supposedly the WR corp will be really good if we can get them the ball. Couple of good Tight Ends too that could help us out a lot.

OL has lost a lot of weight but are strong and fast.

RB is all around fast and tough...similar to Evan Bach...from what I hear.

Just looking forward to the season getting here and seeing what we got!
I'd agree with everything you said IndianNation. Let's hope for a great year
Old 07-26-17, 09:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
I'd agree with everything you said IndianNation. Let's hope for a great year
Someone agreeing with me on something...say what?!? Ha

Guess that is what happens when I just post what someone in the know told me, rather than spouting my own thoughts. Trying to lay low in regards to my opinions...I'd rather not make waves...not that I have wave making opinions on this year's team.
Old 07-26-17, 03:23 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Its not too late. As long as he doesn't participate in a scrimmage, he can always come back. Starting 4 year QB at Northwest or looking for a new position at Hoban. One you are a hometown hero, the other, blah.
Old 07-26-17, 09:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
Its not too late. As long as he doesn't participate in a scrimmage, he can always come back. Starting 4 year QB at Northwest or looking for a new position at Hoban. One you are a hometown hero, the other, blah.
You would think one would be obvious
Old 07-26-17, 09:34 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Some schools have an aura about them right now and kids are drawn to it. I think most kids when they become adults look back at those decisions with regret when their dreams are crushed by other more talented kids doing the same thing.
Old 07-27-17, 12:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
Someone agreeing with me on something...say what?!? Ha

Guess that is what happens when I just post what someone in the know told me, rather than spouting my own thoughts. Trying to lay low in regards to my opinions...I'd rather not make waves...not that I have wave making opinions on this year's team.
What are you talking about?
Old 07-27-17, 07:04 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Who are you again? Are you a lifelong Northwest fan? Have you attended all of there 7x7's so far? Do you have relatives on the team? No, so quit trying to blow this up into a bunch of unnecessary Ego crap and quit drinking the absinthe at your local liquor store.

NW will be competitive in the PAC I have no doubt about that, but to say "dominate" especially this year is completely ridiculous. We are young and physically smaller compared to the past prior seasons.

Northwest football is a shadow of what they were in the mid to late 2000's. However we still have a great coaching staff at the helm. I expect some lumps early on against Lake and New Philly. How we respond early will be huge for this teams success. I am excited to see us renew backyard rivalries with Manchester, and Tuslaw.
I do not have to live at the stadium to know what is going on. Northwest will dominate the PAC. They have the numbers and the talent even in down years.
Old 07-27-17, 01:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
What are you talking about?
I don't know...ha

Just saying that when I give my opinion on all these boards, nobody agrees. Since this isn't really my opinion, nobody can disagree as easily.
Old 07-27-17, 02:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
I do not have to live at the stadium to know what is going on. Northwest will dominate the PAC. They have the numbers and the talent even in down years.
I just think you are creating locker room material for other schools for no reason and have a secret vendetta against NW trolling us constantly. Besides aren't you a Central Fan? Move along

Believe I wouldn't want nothing more for us to come in and dominate. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Numbers, size, and Talent are down. Look at Orrville last year. They went 4-6, I know they had some serious injury problems but they didn't fair well in PAC after supposedly "going to dominate" everyone
Old 07-27-17, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just think you are creating locker room material for other schools for no reason and have a secret vendetta against NW trolling us constantly. Besides aren't you a Central Fan? Move along

Believe I wouldn't want nothing more for us to come in and dominate. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Numbers, size, and Talent are down. Look at Orrville last year. They went 4-6, I know they had some serious injury problems but they didn't fair well in PAC after supposedly "going to dominate" everyone
I don't think Stiz has anything against NW. He's trolling Manchester fans by talking up their neighbors.
Old 07-28-17, 10:21 AM
All Region

Any upcoming/young players we need to keep an eye on? I was told we have a WR and TE that should be pretty good, but don't know their names. Unfortunately FNO doesn't have our roster up yet.
Old 07-28-17, 12:57 PM
All Region

Quote:
Any upcoming/young players we need to keep an eye on? I was told we have a WR and TE that should be pretty good, but don't know their names. Unfortunately FNO doesn't have our roster up yet.
Sophomore Colin Houser TB/S is the one to keep an eye on. Other players I'll be watching Juniors Isiah Grossnickle and Bryan Norment both WR/DB's with good speed
Old 08-01-17, 06:52 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:

I have ties to Canal Fulton. It is where I lived during my high school years. I lived in Barberton, Manchester and Texas before we moved to Canal Fulton. My cousins went to Northwest. I have family that works for NW Schools so I have my interests and my way of knowing things.
Old 08-01-17, 10:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
I have ties to Canal Fulton. It is where I lived during my high school years. I lived in Barberton, Manchester and Texas before we moved to Canal Fulton. My cousins went to Northwest. I have family that works for NW Schools so I have my interests and my way of knowing things.
Give us some more intel then....
Old 08-01-17, 10:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Well I don't know who's feeding you this material but I can assure you they are either too optimistic or just full of it. If last year's group was in the PAC i would feel a lot more confident about having a much successful season. Lots of question marks about this teams chances to "dominate" the PAC in the Indian Nation land
Old 09-23-17, 09:53 PM
All American

Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As usual, Stiz delivering falsehoods.

He's consistent, so we'll give him that.