Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-17, 07:43 AM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJay20 View Post
Wow! Down year for the Herbs?
Looks like the Gold team is 3-3-1 (losses to Padua, Lorain and SVSM) and the Green team is 2-2.
Old 10-17-17, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Looks like the Gold team is 3-3-1 (losses to Padua, Lorain and SVSM) and the Green team is 2-2.
Meanwhile, the JV's improve to 7-0 after a 35-7 victory over SVSM.
Old 10-19-17, 07:49 AM
Freshman

BlockEagle is on a distinguished road
Eagles in College

Multiple Former Eagles are performing well at the College Level. Here are some updates...

- Shaun Crawford '15, Notre Dame, has 14 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, and 2 Ints

- Andrew Dowell '15, MSU, 38 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Pass Defended
- David Dowell '15, MSU, 19 Tackles, 2 Ints

- Kevin Dever '17, Ohio State, had his black stripe removed - which is a freshman OSU tradition and great honor. Video-
https://twitter.com/OhioStateFB/stat...98964691619841

- Joe Palange, MSU, SEHS Class of 2012, is in the rotation for Fullback as a graduate transfer from Utah State/Oklahoma.

Please feel free to add more Eagles and there accomplishments
Old 10-19-17, 09:27 AM
All American

slammer20 is on a distinguished road
Great stuff! I don't have the time, but I am certain these stats could be found for...

1. Troy Henderson: Syracuse University
2. Cole Gest: Indiana University
3. Melvin Jackson: Nebraska University
4. ...and others

Go Eagles!
Old 10-19-17, 01:51 PM
U.S. American

sehs95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer20 View Post
Great stuff! I don't have the time, but I am certain these stats could be found for...

1. Troy Henderson: Syracuse University
2. Cole Gest: Indiana University
3. Melvin Jackson: Nebraska University
4. ...and others

Go Eagles!
Some more:

Carl Jones/Syracuse
Tony Butler/Nebraska
Troy Dipre/Kent>Minnesota> No longer on roster
Old 10-19-17, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

SSS is on a distinguished road
Jake Pruehs - OHIO U
Curtis Szelesta - U Dayton
Ben Gauthier - U Dayton
Jimmy Keefe - Gannon
Matt Gonzalez- Robert Morris
Mike OíMalley - Duquesne
Old 10-19-17, 07:28 PM
All World

lc5397 is on a distinguished road
Palange has had quite the circuitous college career. Admire the dedication.
Old 10-21-17, 03:59 PM
All American

sehs
Eagles seem to be in a battle this first half against Moeller. Usually a tough game anyway, I think the Crusaders need a win to guarentee a playoff spot.
Old 10-21-17, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

EagleSE
Great game by the Eagles today. It will be interesting to see how this team does in post season play. Lot's of speed and the D is getting better each game.
Old 10-21-17, 07:56 PM
All Region

akronoldie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
Great game by the Eagles today. It will be interesting to see how this team does in post season play. Lot's of speed and the D is getting better each game.
I thought that the Defense was just great. The passing and pass receivers (on St. Ed's part) made it difficult to realize that I was at a high school game. I hope that the offensive line needs to do better on running plays up the middle.
However, I know very little. I yield to the analysis by someone like Slammer.
Old 10-21-17, 07:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Meanwhile, the JV's improve to 7-0 after a 35-7 victory over SVSM.
Are there any Freshmen playing on the JV's?
Old 10-21-17, 08:21 PM
Varsity

AmpipeBDogs is on a distinguished road
Let's be real here, it's Eds and everyone else this season.

Upsets can happen but the Eagles look to be the cream of the crop.
Old 10-22-17, 05:07 AM
All American

Eagles played very well against an injury riddled Crusader squad. I have been most impressed with their desire to throw the ball down field and balance the running attack as this season matures...it has to give opposing teams fits during weekly game planning.

I was mentioning to another SEHS football fan the past week that this team's wide receiver corp. is the finest in school history. The have size, solid route running, great hands, and great speed.

Another big test this Saturday!

Go Eagles!
Old 10-22-17, 07:46 AM
All Region

Gerry Faust came up to me after Mass and said. "They really put it to us." He was especially impressed with the quarterbacks and recievers.
Old 10-22-17, 08:42 AM
All Ohio

Really looking forward to the matchups on the line of scrimmage this week. Particularly the Edís front 7 against the Ignatius OL.
Old 10-22-17, 09:00 AM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockEagle View Post
Multiple Former Eagles are performing well at the College Level. Here are some updates...

- Shaun Crawford '15, Notre Dame, has 14 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, and 2 Ints

- Andrew Dowell '15, MSU, 38 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Pass Defended
- David Dowell '15, MSU, 19 Tackles, 2 Ints

- Kevin Dever '17, Ohio State, had his black stripe removed - which is a freshman OSU tradition and great honor. Video-
https://twitter.com/OhioStateFB/stat...98964691619841

- Joe Palange, MSU, SEHS Class of 2012, is in the rotation for Fullback as a graduate transfer from Utah State/Oklahoma.

Please feel free to add more Eagles and there accomplishments
Joe Palange? I donít recall his name, position or much else? Whatís his story?
Old 10-22-17, 09:03 AM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Eagles played very well against an injury riddled Crusader squad. I have been most impressed with their desire to throw the ball down field and balance the running attack as this season matures...it has to give opposing teams fits during weekly game planning.

I was mentioning to another SEHS football fan the past week that this team's wide receiver corp. is the finest in school history. The have size, solid route running, great hands, and great speed.

Go Eagles!
Thatís quite a stat when you think about past receivers in the past 10 years or so. Better than Crawfordís class with the receiver that changed from Kentucky to Ohio State? They had like 4 sure handed receivers in back to back years if I remember correctly?
Old 10-22-17, 09:06 AM
All American

sehs
I also think the receiving corps on the 2010 State Championship team was exceptional, all big and athletic, good hands.
Old 10-22-17, 11:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
Joe Palange? I donít recall his name, position or much else? Whatís his story?

Graduated in 2012, played FB. Always thought he should have started at LB.
Old 10-22-17, 01:49 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Go Eagles!
Where is this program getting all of this talent? I'm not trying to start anything, but Ed's talent level has sky rocketed over the past 6-7 years? It's very eye opening and by far better than the other Catholic powers in Ohio.
Old 10-22-17, 01:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Mitjones is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish03482 View Post
St. Eds is going to struggle this year. It will be a disappointing year for st. Eds I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How stupid do you feel after an undefeated season so far.
Old 10-22-17, 01:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Mitjones is on a distinguished road
Cool Very deep at key spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
I am very impressed with this tea. Deep at key positions and great D.
Old 10-23-17, 03:48 AM
All Region

4GX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Where is this program getting all of this talent? I'm not trying to start anything, but Ed's talent level has sky rocketed over the past 6-7 years? It's very eye opening and by far better than the other Catholic powers in Ohio.
Heh! A Moeller guy asking where Ed is getting all their talent-- that's pretty comical-- it's like Lindsay Lohan asking Taylor Swift how come she has so many different men traipsing in and out of her house at all hours...

But a Moe guy that really thinks Ed's talent level has just suddenly "sky rocketed over the past 6-7 years" is either being disingenuous or hasn't been paying attention-- on the Moe School Forum page (which has mysteriously disappeared recently-- wonder if there is too much internecine warfare in the ranks???), one of Moe's own alums ("Leonard"), who allegedly has followed Moe football for many years, even called Moe's first state title win (a 14-12 win over Ed-- which occurred in 1975, right in the heart of the Gerry Faust dynasty), "one of Moe's three biggest upset wins"-- along with the win over Ig last week--so I think Moe folk know that Ed has been really, really good for a looooong time...

As to why-- Ed has always been the Cleveland corollary to Moeller-- the sports-first physical education academy, that competes hard for every top athlete with Ig and a few public schools (e.g.- Glenville, for a few years)... I don't know first-hand, but I've been told (by Cleveland natives) that recruiting is much more prevalent and blatant in NE OH that it is elsewhere in the state (the stuff that got Crable suspended supposedly wouldn't even have caused people to bat an eye in Cleveland)-- which is why NE OH has often been the loudest voice calling for separation of the publics from the privates, for state title competitions (along with the fact that NE OH also has some traditional public school powers [Massillon and McKinley] that were [historically] used to winning many of those recruiting battles themselves-- and they have not liked coming out on the short end of the stick [to Ed and Ig] in the recruiting wars lately-- so no, there is not a lot new under the sun-- Ed has just become the current best practitioner of the recruiting strategy that Gerry Faust took to new heights back in the '70's.
Old 10-23-17, 07:31 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
Thatís quite a stat when you think about past receivers in the past 10 years or so. Better than Crawfordís class with the receiver that changed from Kentucky to Ohio State? They had like 4 sure handed receivers in back to back years if I remember correctly?
Alex Stump was the WR you are trying to recall. Although Stump and Crawford (and on occasion David Dowell) lined up as receivers, Dowell was mostly a DB by his senior year and Crawford was a 2 way player. Just my opinion, but these three (3) dedicated receivers give us exceptional versatility at the WR position on Saturdays and why I believe they are the best "trio" to grace SEHS football.

Go Eagles!
Old 10-23-17, 07:38 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GX View Post
Heh! A Moeller guy asking where Ed is getting all their talent-- that's pretty comical-- it's like Lindsay Lohan asking Taylor Swift how come she has so many different men traipsing in and out of her house at all hours...

But a Moe guy that really thinks Ed's talent level has just suddenly "sky rocketed over the past 6-7 years" is either being disingenuous or hasn't been paying attention-- on the Moe School Forum page (which has mysteriously disappeared recently-- wonder if there is too much internecine warfare in the ranks???), one of Moe's own alums ("Leonard"), who allegedly has followed Moe football for many years, even called Moe's first state title win (a 14-12 win over Ed-- which occurred in 1975, right in the heart of the Gerry Faust dynasty), "one of Moe's three biggest upset wins"-- along with the win over Ig last week--so I think Moe folk know that Ed has been really, really good for a looooong time...

As to why-- Ed has always been the Cleveland corollary to Moeller-- the sports-first physical education academy, that competes hard for every top athlete with Ig and a few public schools (e.g.- Glenville, for a few years)... I don't know first-hand, but I've been told (by Cleveland natives) that recruiting is much more prevalent and blatant in NE OH that it is elsewhere in the state (the stuff that got Crable suspended supposedly wouldn't even have caused people to bat an eye in Cleveland)-- which is why NE OH has often been the loudest voice calling for separation of the publics from the privates, for state title competitions (along with the fact that NE OH also has some traditional public school powers [Massillon and McKinley] that were [historically] used to winning many of those recruiting battles themselves-- and they have not liked coming out on the short end of the stick [to Ed and Ig] in the recruiting wars lately-- so no, there is not a lot new under the sun-- Ed has just become the current best practitioner of the recruiting strategy that Gerry Faust took to new heights back in the '70's.
Ed’s and Iggy have nothing to hide. They keep their Jesuit/Holy Cross values intact and will never sell their souls to win titles.
Old 10-23-17, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

Plus vouchers probably have something to do with it making Edís and Ignatius more affordable for families who reside in Cleveland. Magnificat and St. Joseph Academy also benefit from this program.
Old 10-23-17, 10:46 AM
Freshman

BlockEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS View Post
Graduated in 2012, played FB after moving from LB. Went to William and Mary out of HS then transferred to Oklahoma for 2 years or so then followed a OU coach to Utah State for a year. Now playing for MSU as grad student. Great full back during the black stripe days!

Happy Holy War Week!
Old 10-23-17, 11:20 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GX View Post

I see this troll is alive and doing well.
Old 10-23-17, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockEagle View Post
Graduated in 2012, played FB after moving from LB. Went to William and Mary out of HS then transferred to Oklahoma for 2 years or so then followed a OU coach to Utah State for a year. Now playing for MSU as grad student. Great full back during the black stripe days!

Happy Holy War Week!
Yay!! The first mention of black stripes, and from an Ed's fan at that. The Holy War Week has now officially begun.
Old 10-23-17, 12:13 PM
All World

lc5397 is on a distinguished road
That was a tough decision. I can't remember who the other LB was that year.
Robinson and Martello were the other starters. Same year they went with Fallon over Hillow at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS View Post