Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-17, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
The NFL does not run the HOF

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-17, 11:01 PM
All District

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
What was deceptive about the picture I put up. The AD at Hudson took it during the F-ing game.

You idiots keep throwing Massillon into it to deflect whats going on in Canton. Just like you saying you are a Mckinley fan. LOL!!

Now go back to the Jackson thread and hump their leg.
You are losing your mind with overt jealousy!! Hysterical!! When you guys come to the Home of the Bulldogs week 10, you'll be even worse!!! When your players walk onto our field, they will start to realize they are playing at the wrong school and bolt East!!! They will see a pretty BIG McKinley crowd that day, don't you worry!! And the best high school home stadium of anyone in world history!!

It's all over for you but the trolling, buddy!!! Try to steer clear of sharp objects!!

Last edited by JJBulldog; 10-08-17 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-08-17, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Say what you want but he's not wrong. There will be a day soon when the HOF says buy-buy to Canton City school system.
To what end?

How does the stadium sitting empty benefit the HOF?
Old 10-08-17, 11:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
To what end?

McKinley owns the land and leases it to the HOF, and McKinley's use of Benson as it's home stadium is amically baked into the lease. The partnership is decades old and the HOF loves McKinley. But don't take my word for it. Ask them!
Old 10-09-17, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
"Hall of Fame eyes regular-season NFL game in 2020"
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2017...l-game-in-2020
Old 10-09-17, 05:31 PM
All Yappi

I'm curious how they'd make that financially viable? Make the tickets 3x the normal price? Would the NFL subsidize the game for the sake of ceremony and novelty?

The article mentions games played abroad. Those games are lucrative because the stadiums are NFL-sized or bigger, they're gaining viewership numbers where they normally do not on top of those who would normally watch, and there are prospects to grow the game long term (in the case of the UK getting multiple games). Football fans in Canton, OH are already accounted for on a weekly basis.
Old 10-09-17, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
One of the preview articles in the Rep indicated that McKinley folks are projecting a crowd in the area of 15,000.
I will be shocked if any game draws that many fans.
Old 10-09-17, 06:05 PM
All Yappi

It would certainly help if McKinley were still playing the big dogs regularly. Moving to the Federal League was such a bad idea.
Old 10-09-17, 06:48 PM
All American

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To what end?

Concerts my friend concerts. Why do you think there's a built in hole on the 50yard line? Just for the enshrinement only?At least make an attempt and put some temporary seats there. Plus McKinley makes them no money. It's just my opinion and I might be wrong but I talk to people also.
Old 10-09-17, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Concerts my friend concerts. Why do you think there's a built in hole on the 50yard line? Just for the enshrinement only?At least make an attempt and put some temporary seats there. Plus McKinley makes them no money. It's just my opinion and I might be wrong but I talk to people also.
You are going to have outdoor concerts in typical Ohio Sept-Nov weather? Hint it's not typically this dry and warm. You are not booking anyone of substance this time of year. They can have concerts in the summer.

Makes no sense to have a football stadium sitting empty during football season. I'd imagine they'd kick Malone and Walsh too correct?
Old 10-09-17, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
It would certainly help if McKinley were still playing the big dogs regularly. Moving to the Federal League was such a bad idea.
Yeah because teams from 100 miles away bring a ton of fans.

McKinley in the Fed has been good for the Pups and for the league period.
Old 10-09-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

It's not so much about away fans but overall fan interest.
Old 10-09-17, 07:36 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm curious how they'd make that financially viable? Make the tickets 3x the normal price? Would the NFL subsidize the game for the sake of ceremony and novelty?

The article mentions games played abroad. Those games are lucrative because the stadiums are NFL-sized or bigger, they're gaining viewership numbers where they normally do not on top of those who would normally watch, and there are prospects to grow the game long term (in the case of the UK getting multiple games). Football fans in Canton, OH are already accounted for on a weekly basis.
Just have the Chargers play at Benson against the Jaguars, Rams, or some other team that draws poorly. 23,000 fans would be a huge crowd for the Chargers nowadays.
Old 10-09-17, 09:53 PM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at the people posting these things about what's going to happen. Look at where they are from. Look at their history.

It's like reading Hilary's new book and expecting her to say something good about Trump.
Old 10-10-17, 02:21 AM
All District

McKinley is beginning to bring back a lot of the old fans. The attendance will only grow. A $7 ticket to watch a really exciting team in a very comfortable world class facility is a great bargain for any sports fan. There isnt a bad seat in the house, and there is really nothing like it anywhere else.
Old 10-10-17, 05:18 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah because teams from 100 miles away bring a ton of fans.

McKinley in the Fed has been good for the Pups and for the league period.
Not sure how you disagree with this. Those "big dogs" Crusader referenced never bring squat for fans.
Old 10-10-17, 07:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Look at the people posting these things about what's going to happen. Look at where they are from. Look at their history.

It's like reading Hilary's new book and expecting her to say something good about Trump.
Caleb is a McKinley fan so....
Old 10-10-17, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
High school attendance is down and likely not coming back. Main reasons being lack of community/school spirit and internet/texting have replaced the game for socialization. To the typical person in Canton it doesn't matter if the Pups are playing Lake or Iggy they have no intention of going to the game. Its the same everywhere.

If Iggy and Mck meet in the playoffs you might get 10000-12000...for a playoff game...with other schools seasons over. They won't approach the 30000 that packed the Rubber Bowl 20 years ago.
Old 10-10-17, 08:28 AM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
High school attendance is down and likely not coming back. Main reasons being lack of community/school spirit and internet/texting have replaced the game for socialization. To the typical person in Canton it doesn't matter if the Pups are playing Lake or Iggy they have no intention of going to the game. Its the same everywhere.

If Iggy and Mck meet in the playoffs you might get 10000-12000...for a playoff game...with other schools seasons over. They won't approach the 30000 that packed the Rubber Bowl 20 years ago.
I agree. High school attendance at football and basketball games are down significantly almost everywhere, singling McKinley out for this is not really fair. That is the way it is today and it is not ever going to be what it once was. I watched the GlenOak v. Solon playoff game last year and GlenOak had fewer than 200 fans at the playoff game. That was not exactly a long drive for a playoff game IMO (50 minutes). What was just as bad was that Solon had a home playoff game as a number one seed and came nowhere near even filling up their home stands.
Old 10-10-17, 09:43 AM
All World

Quote:
The NFL does not run the HOF

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

LOL. You don't get out much do you son? That was funny.
Old 10-10-17, 09:47 AM
All American

Zwick_4_Prez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Say what you want but he's not wrong. There will be a day soon when the HOF says buy-buy to Canton City school system.
I highly doubt the HOF wants to buy the Canton City School System.
Old 10-10-17, 10:36 AM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This leads to my question . . . how many casual fans are left? When Central used to play on Saturdays, lots of Massillon, Perry, etc. fans used to attend. Even if Central played on Saturday now, I do not think that would happen. I think there are fewer casual, "let's catch a game" people left.
Old 10-10-17, 10:38 AM
All American

Quote:
I do agree that it hurt their mystique and I would agree if you said it would have been a bad idea to do it earlier . . . but . . . I disagree that it was a bad idea, period. I think, looking forward and to the new reality of the Canton area, it was a smart move. There are years will people will yearn for the old schedules (like this one) but more years where it will seem like the right move.
Old 10-10-17, 10:40 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I do agree that it hurt their mystique and I would agree if you said it would have been a bad idea to do it earlier . . . but . . . I disagree that it was a bad idea, period. I think, looking forward and to the new reality of the Canton area, it was a smart move. There are years will people will yearn for the old schedules (like this one) but more years where it will seem like the right move.
Exactly. Times they have 'a changed and the evolution of the area will almost not be recognized in the next 10 years.
Old 10-10-17, 10:42 AM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
This leads to my question . . . how many casual fans are left? When Central used to play on Saturdays, lots of Massillon, Perry, etc. fans used to attend.
Maybe they were enticed by Fr. Kaylor's 20-minute pre-game masses?
Old 10-10-17, 10:49 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post
Maybe they were enticed by Fr. Kaylor's 20-minute pre-game masses?
Home game Saturdays at Central meant . . . Mass at 4:30, dinner and beers at Campo's by 5:00 (then Reunions, then Irish Exchange, then Reedurban . . . venue changed, beer stayed the same (never got into the craft beers), game at 7:30. Local away games . . . Mass at 4:00, drive to the game, get beers and dinner, etc. Out of town away games or Friday games . . . BOOOO!!!! Had to get up early and go to Mass on Sunday.
Old 10-10-17, 10:49 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Exactly. Times they have 'a changed and the evolution of the area will almost not be recognized in the next 10 years.
I, too, am bear-ish on Stark County.
Old 10-17-17, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Canton's Tom Benson Stadium Construction

It's October 17, 2017

www.profootballhof.com/hotel-construction-cam

This is IUDOGS signing off
Old 10-28-17, 08:08 PM
All Yappi

Was there a good crowd for today's game?
Old 10-29-17, 04:04 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
You are losing your mind with overt jealousy!! Hysterical!! When you guys come to the Home of the Bulldogs week 10, you'll be even worse!!! When your players walk onto our field, they will start to realize they are playing at the wrong school and bolt East!!! They will see a pretty BIG McKinley crowd that day, don't you worry!! And the best high school home stadium of anyone in world history!!

It's all over for you but the trolling, buddy!!! Try to steer clear of sharp objects!!
This post didnít hold up very well. And JJ has since went missing.