Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-30-17, 10:12 AM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
2018 Louisville Leopards

The 2017 season has ended, equipment will be turned in today, and for me it's time to look towards 2018. Pivotal time in the history of our program. No league to fall back on, probable coaching changes, new AD....lots to discuss.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-17, 11:33 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
sigh

well Lynus there is no denying the timing of what you are saying.

All I can look to is the fact that 3 BOE seats are open. Once those are voted on and in place - I would imagine the district can plan their direction from there.

of all the things that has gone down in the district....for some odd reason the AD hire still baffles me
Old 10-30-17, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

Yeah...I'm not sure what they saw in that resume that gave them the impression that this was the one that could find us a new home. That would have been first and foremost qualification that I would looked for. I was hoping that 2 years in independent limbo was what we were looking at....now I'm not so sure.
Old 10-30-17, 01:05 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Lots of talent coming up in the ranks...however as has been said repeatedly, changes at a minimum are needed with the defensive staff and scheme we play. A new head coach would be a bonus. My worst fear is Demarco will retire, and the D coordinator gets promoted from within and thus, nothing will change.

Will be interesting to see what happens at QB next year.. I would have to say stick with Jones as Mathie can play other positions, but not sure Jones can. The offense puts up points and not a bad season overall on that side of the ball.. The D is a whole different story.
Old 10-30-17, 01:16 PM
Varsity

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Yeah...I'm not sure what they saw in that resume that gave them the impression that this was the one that could find us a new home. That would have been first and foremost qualification that I would looked for. I was hoping that 2 years in independent limbo was what we were looking at....now I'm not so sure.
It was sad to see Louisville for the last time on the gridiron. However, ultimately this could be a good situation for Louisville if they can get in a league soon. Louisville in a football league with Dover, New Philadelphia, Canfield, CCC, Lake (the Fed is out growing them) would be a good situation for all fo them. There has to be other schools looking for a more competitive situation. There has to be a way to get something formed that will suit them?? I would hope the AD there is already searching for better options than being independent. I hope the Leps can find a home.
Old 10-30-17, 01:17 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
well Lynus let's be realistic

The fed would be a good move in many ways, but there are some glaring ways it would not be.

What are the real options out there? Sure we could all spit ideal league setups but there is one huge problem, the other schools.

So what will that gal cook up? Has the PTC been explored - I did notice their Metro division is filled with D3 football schools - which would all never schedule Louisville

seems like independent schedule is here for more than 2 years - yuck!!!!!

Minfan - only thing I see right now is the new EBC has to start and schools like Minerva need to recognize (which it seems you have) that just booting Louisville as not the fix they need. When the EBC splits and schools like Marlington and Alliance need to group with schools more their size then Louisville will have an option. Until then get used to Balderson and Whitting to run up 50 points on everyone they can in the league moving forward.
Old 10-30-17, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Looking forward to the ninth week of 2018 as the Tigers take on the Leopards for the first time in history. In the past, I have attended a couple games in Louisville. Certainly enjoyed myself.
Old 10-30-17, 03:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Looking forward to the ninth week of 2018 as the Tigers take on the Leopards for the first time in history. In the past, I have attended a couple games in Louisville. Certainly enjoyed myself.
I'm looking forward to that one too. The junior classes had an epic battle as freshmen...one of the best freshmen games I've seen.
Old 10-30-17, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I'm looking forward to that one too. The junior classes had an epic battle as freshmen...one of the best freshmen games I've seen.

Agreed. By the way, the Leopards are scheduled to visit PBTS in 2019. Again, the ninth game.
Old 10-30-17, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Agreed. By the way, the Leopards are scheduled to visit PBTS in 2019. Again, the ninth game.
Probably be more room at your place
Old 10-30-17, 04:46 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
With no league affiliation, other than Massillon, what does your schedule look like so far?
Old 10-30-17, 04:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
This is what I have heard, I am not in the mix in any way, but This was the schedule I was told by a school employee. On a side note, with South Range out, every EBC team has an open date, and I would hope to see Alliance back on the schedule. Would love another shot at Salem after their act this year.

1- Canfield
2- Green
3- Hoover
4- Lake
5 - PA team
6- Open
7- Open
8- Walsh Jes
9- Mass
10- CCC
Old 10-30-17, 05:29 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
This is what I have heard, I am not in the mix in any way, but This was the schedule I was told by a school employee. On a side note, with South Range out, every EBC team has an open date, and I would hope to see Alliance back on the schedule. Would love another shot at Salem after their act this year.

1- Canfield
2- Green
3- Hoover
4- Lake
5 - PA team
6- Open
7- Open
8- Walsh Jes
9- Mass
10- CCC
Interesting and very challenging. Such is life as an independent.

AFAIK, the NCL Blue Division will still have an even number of teams in 2018, so I would wonder about a week 8 game with Walsh Jesuit. NCL Blue league play generally covers weeks 6-10.
Old 10-30-17, 05:51 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I thought Jackson was on some previous versions of our possible schedule. They would fit in the week 8 slot.
Old 10-30-17, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
I thought Jackson was on some previous versions of our possible schedule. They would fit in the week 8 slot.
Jackson would fit, but CCC signed them for 4 years. 2018 is year 3 of that contract. IIRC, the Fed league schedule rotates every 4 years, so Jackson's nonleague week would shift to week 9, and GlenOak's would shift to week 8 for the 2020 season.

Incidentally, Louisville's current 2018 varsity schedule on arbiter shows:

week 1: (I would assume Canfield)
week 2: (I would assume Hoover)
week 3: Green
week 4: Lake
week 5: at Perry
week 6:
week 7:
week 8:
week 9: Massillon
week 10: It doesn't show it, but I'm rather certain the Leps and CCC are playing
Old 10-30-17, 06:11 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Howland will be an independent starting in 2019 as well so that seems like a natural matchup
Old 10-30-17, 06:12 PM
All Ohio

The last schedule I saw didn't have Walsh or the PA team on it so that's news to me. Gotta kinda wonder why Hoover and Green are in the first 3 weeks of the season when it's easy to find games, rather than on their fed buy week. I believe Perry is on there somewhere.

Not much room to get acclimated with that schedule, gonna need a leader who can hit the ground running. Lots of talented skill guys back...not a concern....defensive fundamentals and an offensive line is our only hope for success.
Old 10-30-17, 07:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:

1- Canfield
2- Green
3- Hoover
4- Lake
5 - PA team
6- Open
7- Open
8- Walsh Jes
9- Mass
10- CCC

Most of the EBC teams have the Louisville slot filled, the Minerva school website has River View scheduled for that week in 2018. I donít think there will be an issue filling that spot for the EBC- just may have to travel 85 miles like Minerva will to Warsaw Riverview in 2018. That may be the situation for Louisville on the next couple of years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-17, 07:11 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

The fed would be a good move in many ways, but there are some glaring ways it would not be.

What are the real options out there? Sure we could all spit ideal league setups but there is one huge problem, the other schools.

So what will that gal cook up? Has the PTC been explored - I did notice their Metro division is filled with D3 football schools - which would all never schedule Louisville

Minfan - only thing I see right now is the new EBC has to start and schools like Minerva need to recognize (which it seems you have) that just booting Louisville as not the fix they need. When the EBC splits and schools like Marlington and Alliance need to group with schools more their size then Louisville will have an option. Until then get used to Balderson and Whitting to run up 50 points on everyone they can in the league moving forward.

I agree- getting rid of Louisville didnít help anyone - especially Alliance and Marlington- they will be the only D3 teams In the league of West Branch doesnít get bumped due to competitive balance- Yea Minerva playing Riverview gives us a better chance to win- but playing at the awesome venue in Louisville will be missed.. I really do think Louisville would have had to leave at some point to get the program to the next level and make better showing in the playoffs, I just think the timing Is bad and the way it was done is worse- they should have been able to leave on their own accord

Old 10-30-17, 07:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Most of the EBC teams have the Louisville slot filled, the Minerva school website has River View scheduled for that week in 2018. I donít think there will be an issue filling that spot for the EBC- just may have to travel 85 miles like Minerva will to Warsaw Riverview in 2018. That may be the situation for Louisville on the next couple of years...

Carrollton filled its week 7 out of league opening with Canton CC.
Old 10-30-17, 07:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

The big school division of the ECOL only has 5 teams, so teams like Dover, New Philly, Zanesville, Cambridge, and Marietta could be future candidates to fill weeks 6-8, and there are always the likes of Steubenville, Mooney, Ursuline, and St. V. who are always looking for games. Heck, Louisville might even be able to convince Steubenville to come to their place.
Old 10-30-17, 07:35 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The big school division of the ECOL only has 5 teams, so teams like Dover, New Philly, Zanesville, Cambridge, and Marietta could be future candidates to fill weeks 6-8, and there are always the likes of Steubenville, Mooney, Ursuline, and St. V. who are always looking for games. Heck, Louisville might even be able to convince Steubenville to come to their place.

I really think this will work out for the best for Louisville football- I know this is a football forum but there are a boatload or other sports that hard to play and an independent...

Old 10-30-17, 07:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I really think this will work out for the best for Louisville football- I know this is a football forum but there are a boatload or other sports that hard to play and an independent...

Many of the EBC schools might still choose to play Louisville in the other sports since the outcomes won't affect those schools' efforts to win league titles. I was told one of the major reasons the other schools wanted away from Louisville was because Louisville has won something like 75% of the league titles in all sports over the past 5-7 years.

Just going by experience over at Canton CC who has been independent for a long time, football scheduling is always a challenge, but the local teams are willing to play CCC in most of the fringe sports.
Old 10-30-17, 07:46 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Many of the EBC schools might still choose to play Louisville in the other sports since the outcomes won't affect those schools' efforts to win league titles. I was told one of the major reasons the other schools wanted away from Louisville was because Louisville has won something like 75% of the league titles in all sports over the past 5-7 years.

Just going by experience over at Canton CC who has been independent for a long time, football scheduling is always a challenge, but the local teams are willing to play CCC in most of the fringe sports.

That makes sense- still sticks that the kids canít play for a league title or even be a spoiler in other sports..

Old 10-30-17, 07:58 PM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1- Canfield
2- Green
3- Hoover
4- Lake
5 - PA team
6- Open
7- Open
8- Walsh Jes
9- Mass
10- CCC
From a CCC fan - just be sure to never put a PA team in week 10!
Old 10-30-17, 07:59 PM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It's not going to be hard for the EBC teams to fill one or two games, but Louisville will have their hands full filling 7 or 14 games. But as bad as that will be, the real headache will be finding middle school games. When I used to coach jr hi BB Louisville always seemed to be late getting to our place because they always had to wait for a bus to get back from its daily route. Carrollton was probably their longest trip, but future middle school scheduling could be a real headache. Hopefully the busing situation is better than it was 15 years ago. Also hope they are able to fill all the jr hi slots.
Old 10-30-17, 09:13 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree- getting rid of Louisville didn’t help anyone - especially Alliance and Marlington- they will be the only D3 teams In the league of West Branch doesn’t get bumped due to competitive balance- Yea Minerva playing Riverview gives us a better chance to win- but playing at the awesome venue in Louisville will be missed.. I really do think Louisville would have had to leave at some point to get the program to the next level and make better showing in the playoffs, I just think the timing Is bad and the way it was done is worse- they should have been able to leave on their own accord

So why did Minerva vote to rid of Louisville too? Why decide this EBC is a wise move? Then we schedule River View! What is going on with this program? I apologize for being real and don’t want to hurt any feelings with an 0-30 staff!!! Schedule River View so we might win a game, embarrassing! Thinking small is our path I guess.
Old 10-30-17, 09:31 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion 86 View Post
So why did Minerva vote to rid of Louisville too? Why decide this EBC is a wise move? Then we schedule River View! What is going on with this program?

I wish I were a fly on the wall in those meetings to see what really happened. But what if Minerva voted no - would the remaining 6 teams have another secret meeting to get Rid of both of them? Riverview is a d4 opponent just finishing 0-10 so it is a better chance to get a win. So I guess we can look at it that wayó that could be the best chance for a win next year?? United may be ok- sandy Valley has a good frosh qb and are young, Indian Valley is mostly juniors and will be even better next year and Minerva will actually be really young in 2018, will probably be playing 6 or 7 sophomores.. thatís a long ways out and lots of speculation- letís hope some fire comes back to the program - last Fridayís game was actually a good start- the boys played hard

Old 10-31-17, 07:10 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

When you look at some of these existing conferences I think the top 2-3 schools in those conferences might be ok with Louisville...it would be the other 4-5 that would likely not want us. Except the Fed of course.

My hope was for an experienced AD with a long resume and a real understanding of how to get things done...a deal maker. Somebody who could easily sell schools like Philly and Dover and CCC that together they could get something done. Someone that could sell Alliance and Marlington that the EBC has nothing for them, and even pressure schools like Lake and Green that there might be something better out there. for me nothing would be off the table until something got done. We'll see what she gets done, but independent isn't the long term solution.

I am looking forward to some new challenges on the schedule next season. It's going to be fun to see if the crowds and atmosphere change. Seems like the NBC was getting a little stale when it came to the fans. There was about 50 kids in our student section last week...a far cry from what it was even 10 years ago.
Old 10-31-17, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When you look at some of these existing conferences I think the top 2-3 schools in those conferences might be ok with Louisville...it would be the other 4-5 that would likely not want us. Except the Fed of course.

My hope was for an experienced AD with a long resume and a real understanding of how to get things done...a deal maker. Somebody who could easily sell schools like Philly and Dover and CCC that together they could get something done. Someone that could sell Alliance and Marlington that the EBC has nothing for them, and even pressure schools like Lake and Green that there might be something better out there. for me nothing would be off the table until something got done. We'll see what she gets done, but independent isn't the long term solution.

I am looking forward to some new challenges on the schedule next season. It's going to be fun to see if the crowds and atmosphere change. Seems like the NBC was getting a little stale when it came to the fans. There was about 50 kids in our student section last week...a far cry from what it was even 10 years ago.
Lake and Green are fine in the Fed...hopefully Louisville wakes up and realizes its where they belong too.