Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Massillon Washington by 15+ 1 0.84%
Massillon Washington by 8-14 11 9.24%
Massillon Washington by 1-7 27 22.69%
Perrysburg by 1-7 16 13.45%
Perrysburg by 8-14 37 31.09%
Perrysburg by 15+ 27 22.69%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-14, 10:47 AM
Freshman

PBurgJackets is on a distinguished road
Perrysburg vs. Massillon Round 1

10-0 Pburg vs 7-3 Massillon in Perrysburg. Huge game for both programs, thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-14, 11:00 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
This will be a tough game for Perrysburg after cruising through their easy league schedule. If they continue with business as usual they should win by 10-14.
Old 11-02-14, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
After meeting them in the playoffs in recent years, I've come to have tremendous respect for the Perrysburg program and I will be rooting for them to win their next two playoff games...and it will be tough to do, but definitely do-able...and hope to see the Yellow Jackets again in Week 13. Good luck against the Tigers! It will be a slugfest, but I like Perrysburg to advance.
Old 11-02-14, 12:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
if Perrysburg has a solid running game, and can play solid defense, this game can be a 14+ win.
IMO their defense is their strength their LB's create major problems for teams. Also they have a solid running game with their QB being their leading rusher. The big thing about Perrysburg is that they play mistake free football and capitalize on other teams mistakes.
Old 11-02-14, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

Get Yer EAGLE ON is on a distinguished road
Jason "Regional Tournament" Hall gets exposed again
Old 11-02-14, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Oil Filter is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard game to predict. Different areas, no common opponents, no frame of reference.

Massillon played a harder schedule, but scuffled, sputtered -- and occasionally lost. Perrysburg steamrollered what looks like a weaker schedule. Even so, the early wins over Whitmer and TCC may be more telling than any Massillon wins.

Any good running team is going to give Massillon fits. Although the Tigers haven't faced any good passing teams, they haven't shown any particular ability to shut that down, either. Massillon's O is one-dimensional. Hype notwithstanding, they haven't shown any inclination towards a consistent, productive passing game. Andrew David's leg is probably worth about 10 yards.

If folks had more confidence in Perrysburg's schedule, they'd be a solid favorite. Maybe they should be anyway.; there's not much reason to give Massillon the advantage.
Old 11-02-14, 01:37 PM
All American

bigdogman.1 is on a distinguished road
good luck Massillon tigers
Old 11-02-14, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Filter View Post
Hard game to predict. Different areas, no common opponents, no frame of reference.

Massillon played a harder schedule, but scuffled, sputtered -- and occasionally lost. Perrysburg steamrollered what looks like a weaker schedule. Even so, the early wins over Whitmer and TCC may be more telling than any Massillon wins.

Any good running team is going to give Massillon fits. Although the Tigers haven't faced any good passing teams, they haven't shown any particular ability to shut that down, either. Massillon's O is one-dimensional. Hype notwithstanding, they haven't shown any inclination towards a consistent, productive passing game. Andrew David's leg is probably worth about 10 yards.

If folks had more confidence in Perrysburg's schedule, they'd be a solid favorite. Maybe they should be anyway.; there's not much reason to give Massillon the advantage.
There isn't much reason at all to give Massillon an advantage. They have a puncher's chance in this one IMO, but I can't think of any area of superiority...or even a draw...for Massillon other than at kicker and RB. Perrysburg gets the nod on offense, defense, line play, QB, coaching and home field. Kicker and Crabtree are the only two players Massillon can count on for consistent superior performances. Hard to see it being enough, but a Massillon win would not shock me. I would be surprised, though.
Old 11-02-14, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
There isn't much reason at all to give Massillon an advantage. They have a puncher's chance in this one IMO, but I can't think of any area of superiority...or even a draw...for Massillon other than at kicker and RB. Perrysburg gets the nod on offense, defense, line play, QB, coaching and home field. Kicker and Crabtree are the only two players Massillon can count on for consistent superior performances. Hard to see it being enough, but a Massillon win would not shock me. I would be surprised, though.

Aren't you laying it on a little thick. How the heck do you know so much about the Tigers? Your analysis means nothing. Some of these "Johnny come lately" fan bases are getting a little tiresome.
Old 11-02-14, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Aren't you laying it on a little thick. How the heck do you know so much about the Tigers? Your analysis means nothing. Some of these "Johnny come lately" fan bases are getting a little tiresome.
Sorry Maxie, but Massillon and Steubenville fans don't get to have the only opinions on the boards just because they have a great history. I give the Tigers a chance to win this game, but IMO Perrysburg is better in too many areas, is at home and are playing with far less external pressure on them than the Tigers.
Old 11-02-14, 02:25 PM
All American

CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
Yesteryear's fan bases are getting pretty boring too

Move on, it's not 1948, and you absolutely aren't "all that" anymore
Old 11-02-14, 02:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There isn't much reason at all to give Massillon an advantage. They have a puncher's chance in this one IMO, but I can't think of any area of superiority...or even a draw...for Massillon other than at kicker and RB. Perrysburg gets the nod on offense, defense, line play, QB, coaching and home field. Kicker and Crabtree are the only two players Massillon can count on for consistent superior performances.
Superior against whom? Context matters. Massillon would likely be 10-0 against Perrysburg's schedule. Would Perrysburg be 10-0 against Massillon's?

Maybe that matters, maybe that doesn't -- but assuming that Perrysburg is automatically better because they rolled through a fairly weak league doesn't seem like very sound reasoning. You have a good idea of what Massillon brings, for better or worse. All you have for Perrysburg on a larger stage is their two playoff games against Avon the last two years. Which they lost. And frankly, your opinion may be a bit biased. After all, the more you talk up Perrysburg, the better Avon looks for beating them.

There's no reason to think that the light will suddenly come on for Massillon and they'll learn to throw the ball consistently and develop a dominant run defense. However, there's equally little reason to think that that's what it would take to beat Perrysburg. I'd still make Perryburg the favorite just because Massillon has been so inconsistent and occasionally uninspired -- but I'd think that they have better than the puncher's chance that you give them.
Old 11-02-14, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sorry Maxie, but Massillon and Steubenville fans don't get to have the only opinions on the boards just because they have a great history. I give the Tigers a chance to win this game, but IMO Perrysburg is better in too many areas, is at home and are playing with far less external pressure on them than the Tigers.

No problem and you might be right. Then again, maybe not.
Old 11-02-14, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL View Post

Has your school moved yet? Don't worry about Massillon's relevance, you should be more concerned with Mooney's.
Old 11-02-14, 02:33 PM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL View Post

Some private school fan bases are arrogant, and boring too. A lot of the private schools are overrated and not all that either. So since this is about Perrysburg/Massillon, maybe you need to move on too
Old 11-02-14, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No problem and you might be right. Then again, maybe not.
I don't see a blowout by any means. I also mentioned in a different thread that I still give Massillon a shot at winning the region if they can get it together. It's hard to win playoff games period, and it's even harder when you are one dimensional on offense and your D is facing an excellent, experienced senior QB on the road.
Old 11-02-14, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Superior against whom? Context matters. Massillon would likely be 10-0 against Perrysburg's schedule. Would Perrysburg be 10-0 against Massillon's?

Maybe that matters, maybe that doesn't -- but assuming that Perrysburg is automatically better because they rolled through a fairly weak league doesn't seem like very sound reasoning. You have a good idea of what Massillon brings, for better or worse. All you have for Perrysburg on a larger stage is their two playoff games against Avon the last two years. Which they lost. And frankly, your opinion may be a bit biased. After all, the more you talk up Perrysburg, the better Avon looks for beating them.

There's no reason to think that the light will suddenly come on for Massillon and they'll learn to throw the ball consistently and develop a dominant run defense. However, there's equally little reason to think that that's what it would take to beat Perrysburg. I'd still make Perryburg the favorite just because Massillon has been so inconsistent and occasionally uninspired -- but I'd think that they have better than the puncher's chance that you give them.

I get it now. I forgot about Avon's wins. By the way OF, I thought the Tigers' run defense improved yesterday, especially against one of the best athletes in Ohio.
Old 11-02-14, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't see a blowout by any means. I also mentioned in a different thread that I still give Massillon a shot at winning the region if they can get it together. It's hard to win playoff games period, and it's even harder when you are one dimensional on offense and your D is facing an excellent, experienced senior QB on the road.

Yes, we have to play in Perrysburg. However, I think the Tiger fan base will be well represented. By, the way, do you know the official seating capacity of P-burg's stadium?
Old 11-02-14, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Perrysburg is susceptible to being beat by a great passing game. Do you think the Tigers have a great passing game? According to their fans on Yappi all season they do not.
Old 11-02-14, 02:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, we have to play in Perrysburg. However, I think the Tiger fan base will be well represented. By, the way, do you know the official seating capacity of P-burg's stadium?
No. 1disciple can probably help you out with the logistics of Perrysburg. The fans will get their money's worth. I expect this one to be a physical slugfest. Keep it within three and your team has a massive advantage.
Old 11-02-14, 02:49 PM
Freshman

PBurgJackets is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't know exact # but away side is not big at all. Will likely need to bring in extra bleachers
Old 11-02-14, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Perrysburg is susceptible to being beat by a great passing game.
As is everyone.

Quote:
Do you think the Tigers have a great passing game?
Not at all. IMHO, it's decidedly unremarkable.

As a factor in that, though, Massillon just got their best deep threat back from the injury list. Doesn't mean that they'll try long passes (or that they will be catchable balls if they do), but there's some chance that the game plan will be nudged accordingly.
Old 11-02-14, 03:27 PM
All World

Quote:
I would say 4500 with lot's of standing room around the stadium. Parking will be a bit of a challenge.
Old 11-02-14, 03:30 PM
All Ohio

ts1227 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ts1227
Aerial shot from Google, to give you a general idea of the layout/bleacher size

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pe...1a2e8a81e0539a
Old 11-02-14, 03:31 PM
Pecunious

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Washington 35
Perrysburg 34
3OT
Old 11-02-14, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
2+ hours away. Will we sell about 2250 tickets?
Old 11-02-14, 04:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
Some private school fan bases are arrogant, and boring too. A lot of the private schools are overrated and not all that either. So since this is about Perrysburg/Massillon, maybe you need to move on too
Really, you're telling me to stay off a thread?

When you stay on your own, you can talk

You have nothing to do with these schools WTF
Old 11-02-14, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
2+ hours away. Will we sell about 2250 tickets?

I heard a "rumor" that MW will not get any more than 1000 tickets. I repeat, just what I heard. That's why I asked for the actual seating capacity. If it truly is 4500 SEATING capacity, there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-02-14, 04:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Has your school moved yet? Don't worry about Massillon's relevance, you should be more concerned with Mooney's.
We won't be moving, but thanks for asking

And we're allot more relevant than your over rated program

How'd it feel to have D5 Ursuline beet the crap out of you by running the exact same play up your azz for the entire game

And of course you know what we did to them

1940 is soooo over
Old 11-02-14, 04:37 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I heard a "rumor" that MW will not get any more than 1000 tickets. I repeat, just what I heard. That's why I asked for the actual seating capacity. If it truly is 4500 SEATING capacity, there shouldn't be a problem.
I thought they were required half of seating like the one playoff game against Perry. When we were on both sides of field.
Closed Thread