Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-17-18, 10:36 PM
All Region

blitz56 is on a distinguished road
Outstanding Wrestler

Who got Outstanding wrestler?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-18, 10:38 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz56 View Post
Who got Outstanding wrestler?
I'd go with Zain, but can't say for sure
Old 03-17-18, 10:41 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
My personal vote would be for Zahid, but that is largely based on Zain having set his own bar so high and the fact that he faced a #15 in the finals. Neither of which are his fault though.
Old 03-17-18, 10:48 PM
All Yappi

I said Zain just because I don't believe he allowed a point.
Old 03-17-18, 10:52 PM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
I’ll take the guy who gave up 60 pounds in the finals.
Old 03-17-18, 10:55 PM
All Yappi

Bo Nickal won OW
Old 03-17-18, 10:56 PM
All Yappi

Zain won most dominant
Old 03-17-18, 11:03 PM
All World

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Nickal (PSU) won it.
Old 03-17-18, 11:10 PM
Freshman

sackerdrag135 is on a distinguished road
I would have gone with Spencer Lee but all good choices.
Old 03-18-18, 05:28 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackerdrag135 View Post
I would have gone with Spencer Lee but all good choices.
This.
Old 03-18-18, 08:36 AM
All Region

blitz56 is on a distinguished road
I would've went with Lee or Joseph since those 2 weight classes were probably the best weights but you can't go wrong with Nickal or Snyder or Valencia either.
Old 03-18-18, 09:11 AM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Bo Nickal is the Bill Lambier of college wrestling. You love to hate the guy for whatever reason you want to name, but you'd definitely want him on your team. He's just somebody that I find myself despising, even though I have no idea what he is like as a person. His boasting about Penn State after they won the team title last night sealed it for me. You would never hear Snyder making those kinds of claims, and he has had a lot more success at the same age than Nickal has.

I guess I would just like to see him wrestle Snyder and give up the weight advantage that Snyder faces all the time. Now that would be fun to watch.
Old 03-18-18, 11:52 AM
Unbias Nation

wjjsj is on a distinguished road
He was in the moment and sealed a championship got himself and the team. Normally I don't like boasting but I took it as celebrating and recruiting. If he was wearing scarlet and gray everyone would have loved it with it being in the moment.

I'm sure it worked as a strong recruiting moment for some.
Old 03-18-18, 11:54 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEagle View Post
Bo Nickal is the Bill Lambier of college wrestling. You love to hate the guy for whatever reason you want to name, but you'd definitely want him on your team. He's just somebody that I find myself despising, even though I have no idea what he is like as a person. His boasting about Penn State after they won the team title last night sealed it for me. You would never hear Snyder making those kinds of claims, and he has had a lot more success at the same age than Nickal has.

I guess I would just like to see him wrestle Snyder and give up the weight advantage that Snyder faces all the time. Now that would be fun to watch.
Well put!
Old 03-18-18, 11:56 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Didn't see zv standing cross armed over Markie did u?
Old 03-18-18, 12:01 PM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
Didn't see zv standing cross armed over Markie did u?
Did not love how Bo went on his boast fest but it was off the mat and he had just won the national championship for his team. His rant was to promote PSU. For some reason, I donít see the same out of Hall. He comes off as being about him and at the expense of his opponent. Iím glad Zahid knocked him down a peg.
Old 03-18-18, 12:13 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjsj View Post
He was in the moment and sealed a championship got himself and the team. Normally I don't like boasting but I took it as celebrating and recruiting. If he was wearing scarlet and gray everyone would have loved it with it being in the moment.

I'm sure it worked as a strong recruiting moment for some.
I suppose. I just don't like the guy for a reason I can't even name. Probably because he wrestles for PSU - although I don't feel the same way about Zain Train, Nolf, and Joseph. Hall is a little like Nickal, but he lost his match so he disappeared and didn't get to flex or stare at spectators*.

*At the Big 10 tourney, Hall stared down the UM fans after he beat Amine and they were booing him for stalling at the end of the match. He grew up being trained by Chase Metcalf who wrestled for a while at UM but had to quit because of a medical condition with seizures (which I believe was the contributing factor to his fatal single car crash). It was just a weird moment 2 weeks ago when that occurred. Maybe something else to it, but the booing should have been expected since he obviously stayed away from Amine to seal the win.
Old 03-18-18, 12:24 PM
Unbias Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Did not love how Bo went on his boast fest but it was off the mat and he had just won the national championship for his team. His rant was to promote PSU. For some reason, I donít see the same out of Hall. He comes off as being about him and at the expense of his opponent. Iím glad Zahid knocked him down a peg.
Well after Bo won it looked like Hall was the first one by the mat waiting for him to come off celebrating with him. That is rare at that moment as the guy whom just got beat is usually off to himself upset. So that kind of negates that all to himself stuff.

Hall seems like a good kid to me. I'm a fan of the kids and don't want to tear them down like the media likes to do in just about every other walk of life.

Let's be fans of the sport and Ohio State without getting all over kids for whatever reason. Now (ok I will mention a name on this one) if they pull a stunt like Desanto did, then that is a different story. Even with that said, I don't know him personally and will pray that he stops that and is a great human being.
Old 03-18-18, 01:33 PM
All District

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Just emotional after biggest win of the tourney.if it was martin saying samethings u would of heard no bad in it.
Old 03-18-18, 02:06 PM
All World

BlackCat is on a distinguished road
Martin wouldn't say that. There is a difference between having good sportsmanship and not. Nickal is a great wrestler but doesn't conduct himself like one. Most of the greats handle themselves appropriately after wins or losses.
Old 03-18-18, 02:33 PM
Junior Varsity

Styxbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF View Post
What is the difference between the two. The one on the right has a brain. PSU site lists his major as kinesiology. I would like to see him spell that. Not upset about the bragging and excitement, be he sounded like a caveman.
Old 03-18-18, 06:38 PM
All Region

miketyson is on a distinguished road
he was excited

and it was probably directed at all the doubters and nick suriano for transferring...ha
Old 03-18-18, 06:45 PM
All American

Coach Root is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styxbb View Post
What is the difference between the two. The one on the right has a brain. PSU site lists his major as kinesiology. I would like to see him spell that. Not upset about the bragging and excitement, be he sounded like a caveman.
I'm not able to look see the attachment you have on there, but I wanted to point out that Bo Nickal is attending Penn State on a full academic scholarship.

Coach Root
Old 03-19-18, 08:47 AM
Freshman

Bayside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styxbb View Post
While I agree he did not come off in the best light (wife's statement while watching..."what an idiot") but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that a Kinesiology degree can get you into a graduate program to become a physical therapist.
Old 03-19-18, 09:30 AM
All Ohio

tkdn_wizard is on a distinguished road
Not the most offensive thing to happen, others have said worse. All amplified by being Penn State and Ohio State losing the team title.

Worst offender was DeSanto of Drexel vs. Micic, unbelievable, should have been DQ'd
Stoll also acted worse than Nickal or Hall
Old 03-19-18, 09:39 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayside View Post
While I agree he did not come off in the best light (wife's statement while watching..."what an idiot") but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that a Kinesiology degree can get you into a graduate program to become a physical therapist.
Nickal may be bright, but let's not make him into a genius like Norman Einstein*. Kinesiology is a big word, but it is part of the College of Health and Human Development along with Hospitality Mgmt, Family Studies, Nutrition, and Parks & Rec.

*Homage to Joe Theisman
Old 03-19-18, 10:16 AM
All Ohio

Campolongo is on a distinguished road
Bo's post-match interview was great. Though I didn't like the result of the match, I loved what he did on the microphone. Whether it may have been directed at haters, Suriano, or whoever, what it may have ultimately done is help recruit the best wrestlers in the country to choose PSU over any other school.

Raw emotion. Loved it.
Old 03-19-18, 10:31 AM
Varsity

Irishtony is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Other than Snyder's win...my favorite NCAA moment.
Old 03-19-18, 10:48 AM
Freshman

Stalling is on a distinguished road
Even though he wasn't entirely dominant through the tournament, I think Yianni D deserved OW. IMO he had the hardest route to a national championship and did it as a true freshman. Never counts himself out of a match and is a great kid all around!
Old 03-19-18, 11:18 AM
Unbias Nation

I was rooting hard for Martin. Rooting more for Martin than I was for rooting against Bo. Seems like a good kid as well as Mark Hall. I would love to see both of those guys in USA colors representing our team along with some of our OSU studs.

I can't but smile and like this guy. Once again, if he was in scarlet and gray everyone would love this. I especially like what he has to say in the last couple of minutes of the interview: