Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-16-18, 10:27 PM
Varsity

cwglee is on a distinguished road
Osu wrestling “we got the worst performance today”
Virginia b-ball “hold my beer”
Old 03-16-18, 10:42 PM
All Ohio

WrestlingEnthusiast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTim View Post
Could not agree more. Love the high expectations, it just sucks when things don't work out. And OSU is not out of it just yet.
PSU is winning at 149, probably a 141 conso match, but that could be it tomorrow. Yes they could also win 5 in a row again, but I don't see it.

Do they have an order for the weight classes yet for the finals? I could see starting at 197 and it coming down to the last match of the night at 184 Martin Nickal for the team title.
The TV audience wants Snyder/Coon but I'm good with Martin/Nickal.

Penn St has this wrapped up, I think. OSU went into the semis as the favorite at 285 and 184, coin flip at 125, 133, 141, underdog at 157. It played out as expected on paper but I was hoping we could win at 125, 133, and 141. Didn't happen.

125 Spencer Lee is special. NATO is also special but LEE is on another level

133 We had a chance but Micic is just on a roll

141 Also had a good chance and it could have went either way but not today

157 As expected

Bottom line is OSU and Penn St are the 2 best teams in the nation. OSU didn't have their best day today. Then again, being in the semis of the NCAA tourney is tough and that's how it goes. They need to just wrestle back and win one match at a time.
Old 03-16-18, 10:45 PM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Bad night for OSU but how would you like to be Okie State or Mizou? Terrible tournaments. I don’t really care what happens tomorrow as long as Zahid smashes that punk Hall.
Old 03-16-18, 10:59 PM
All Region

justshute is on a distinguished road
8 AA's ?
Yea, time for Ryan to go!
Let's go back to the good old days of pre Ryan.
Old 03-16-18, 11:01 PM
Unbias Nation

wjjsj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Bad night for OSU but how would you like to be Okie State or Mizou? Terrible tournaments. I donít really care what happens tomorrow as long as Zahid smashes that punk Hall.
Punk Hall? Since when. Hall has always seemed like a good kid to me. I'd actually like to see that be the last match of the night.

Or start off with Hall and Zahid and finish with Snyder/Coon.

OR second to last Snyder/Coon, last Hall/Zahid.

Bryce Meredith against the frosh from Cornell could be highly entertaining as well. Too wrestlers that like to do crazy stuff.
Old 03-16-18, 11:02 PM
Unbias Nation

wjjsj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justshute View Post
8 AA's ?
Yea, time for Ryan to go!
Let's go back to the good old days of pre Ryan.
EXACTLY! I was bummed like anyone else. But now it is time for the guys to get focused and come out laying the hammer down tomorrow!
Old 03-16-18, 11:11 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
well - I did go back and watch the replay of the Micic bout from the morning. What I saw earlier was only the replay of what happened and just caught the guy flipping in the air and landing on his opponent and taking him to the mat. After that - I saw Micic smiling and that's why I thought he did the somersault. it seemed to be confirmed in my mind after more "stuff" was going on at the center of the mat after it happened. Micic kept smiling through it all and I guess I just assumed he was being proud of showing off with the somersault take down attempt.

After watching the entire set of events, DeSantes should have been disqualified. First he took a swing at Micic, then he ripped his headgear off, did the somersault BS, then looked like he was trying to injure Micic's arm. The only thing I saw for him to get pissed off about was that he was getting his butt kicked.
Old 03-16-18, 11:16 PM
All World

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bad night for OSU but how would you like to be Okie State or Mizou? Terrible tournaments. I don’t really care what happens tomorrow as long as Zahid smashes that punk Hall.
I’ve been saying this same thing for a few years now. Those two teams historically (meh; last half decade to half dozen years) have underperformed.

For OKST, I think it’s weight cutting. Or they’re not B1G...just like MIZZOU.

I’m off to drown my sorrows in a warm glass of milk, white, 2%.

Last edited by cruiser_96; 03-17-18 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Typo. There, they’re, their.
Old 03-16-18, 11:25 PM
All Region

wrestling_fan_ is on a distinguished road
The medal round matches are huge & needless to say that bonus points are needed whenever possible.

Hopefully they can get enough to put the pressure back on.

And for those that are calling for a coaching change, apparently you weren't around for all of those years when we couldn't even sniff the top 2...or even top 4!
Old 03-16-18, 11:31 PM
All District

graceunder is on a distinguished road
The Buckeyes have a excellent team, well balanced and should be commended for an sensational season. Penn State has five wrestlers that are elite. To watch those five wrestlers wrestle is to watch five complete wrestlers who are the best of the best. They should win at 149, 157, 174 and 184. May win at 165. That will be enough to win another National Championship. If this Buckeye team could not beat them no one could. I love the Buckeyes but Penn State is a Dynasty. The deserve high praise.
Old 03-16-18, 11:37 PM
All Region

Hope Snyder has 1 left.
Tough to win heavy 3 years straight alone, not even trying to understand this dude's side gig.
The MAN is a machine, but looking like he could use a well deserved break.
But not before pushing a mountain around for 7 minutes tonight.
Old 03-16-18, 11:43 PM
All District

Lost Octopus is on a distinguished road
I agree Hall is easy to dislike but I would also love to see Martin beat Bo
Old 03-16-18, 11:50 PM
Junior Varsity

YoungWhipperSnapper is on a distinguished road
If Penn State gets 3 or less titles then I think the Bucks still have a good shot. If they pull 4 or 5 titles then I think it's a wrap. If Myles can get his annual win on Bo that could be the difference. Bo handled him the previous 2 times this season but Myles has shown the ability to get one on him in big moments.
Old 03-17-18, 12:10 AM
All District

ttwo0603 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling_fan_ View Post
The medal round matches are huge & needless to say that bonus points are needed whenever possible.

And for those that are calling for a coaching change, apparently you weren't around for all of those years when we couldn't even sniff the top 2...or even top 4!
Quit living in the past! Raise your standards higher. Rise your expectations higher.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-18, 12:35 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwo0603 View Post
Quit living in the past! Raise your standards higher. Rise your expectations higher.

Standards have been raised. 8 AA's?
As far as expectations...... Yours don't really matter.
Old 03-17-18, 12:37 AM
All District

ttwo0603 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justshute View Post
Standards have been raised. 8 AA's?
As far as expectations...... Yours don't really matter.
This is really past your intelligence level. You don't get it.

Old 03-17-18, 03:02 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwo0603 View Post
This is really past your intelligence level. You don't get it.

Says the person telling others to "rise their expectations".
Old 03-17-18, 06:03 AM
All World

wash.c.h.legend is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bad night for OSU but how would you like to be Okie State or Mizou? Terrible tournaments. I donít really care what happens tomorrow as long as Zahid smashes that punk Hall.

Dilly dilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-18, 06:27 AM
All World

wash.c.h.legend is on a distinguished road
I learned a lot from Chris Ford and he was a great man. But the buckeyes have come a long way since then. The reason is, it starts at the top.

Old 03-17-18, 06:55 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=eliwes;7011898]I was very bad picking the upset winners so lets try the semi winners
125 suriano-lee
133 micic- gross
141 merideth-diakomihal
149 Rutherford-perry
157 hindlay-jordan
165 Martinez-McFadden
174 Valencia-hall
184 nickel-martin
197 conel-darmstat
285 Snyder-coon[/QUOTE

NCAA champions imo
125 Suriano
133 Micic
141 Diakomihal
149 Rutherford
157 Nolf
165 Martinez
174 Hall
184 Nickal
197 Haught
285 Coon
most are toss up except for 149 157
Old 03-17-18, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Ohio state maximum points 6 more than Penn state.
Old 03-17-18, 07:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjsj View Post
Punk Hall? Since when. Hall has always seemed like a good kid to me. I'd actually like to see that be the last match of the night.

Or start off with Hall and Zahid and finish with Snyder/Coon.

OR second to last Snyder/Coon, last Hall/Zahid.

Bryce Meredith against the frosh from Cornell could be highly entertaining as well. Too wrestlers that like to do crazy stuff.
Hall is a very poor winner. He acts like a fool after a big match. I want Zahid to win and stand over him in that stupid pose with his arms crossed. Other than that, best of luck to the other Penn State wrestlers and the bucks. Bucks are Big10 champs and a strong 2nd to one of the greats. Not shabby.
Old 03-17-18, 08:12 AM
Junior Varsity

Styxbb is on a distinguished road
Get rid of Ryan?? Don't think so. BUT, what's going on in that wrestling room. The vibe I get is that these buckeye wrestlers are emotionless. Are they getting mentally/verbally beat down? Did the pressure of beating PSU wear on them? Probably. These guys just aren't wrestling with the same "motors"/emotion of the past couple of years. Did they all lose to quality wrestlers? Yes. But the possibility of upsets are part of the reason we watch.

Watching the freshman come in a tear things up last night was exciting. Why? Because they wanted it....BADLY.

Some of these "older" guys are just biding their time. For example, Dean Heil, getting pinned in the consis, actually looked relieved afterwards. I enjoyed the ride though. Good luck to everyone of 'em.

Looking forward to tonight. Especially 141. Gonna be the match of the night. Two crazy dudes getting it on.
Old 03-17-18, 08:23 AM
Junior Varsity

RGG is on a distinguished road
Love my buckeyes, but most of them are one dimensional wrestlers and that aspect of the program needs to change. You can not win at this level without being able to choose the down position. McKenna trailing 1-0 entering the 3rd and he can't take the down position because he can't get out. Micah can't get out from bottom. Tomasello can't get out from bottom. Besides Martin and Snyder who would you put in the down position on this team? Until that part of the wrestling culture at OSU changes, they will always be a step behind Penn State on the national stage.
Old 03-17-18, 08:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styxbb View Post
Get rid of Ryan?? Don't think so. BUT, what's going on in that wrestling room. The vibe I get is that these buckeye wrestlers are emotionless. Are they getting mentally/verbally beat down? Did the pressure of beating PSU wear on them? Probably. These guys just aren't wrestling with the same "motors"/emotion of the past couple of years. Did they all lose to quality wrestlers? Yes. But the possibility of upsets are part of the reason we watch.

Watching the freshman come in a tear things up last night was exciting. Why? Because they wanted it....BADLY.

Some of these "older" guys are just biding their time. For example, Dean Heil, getting pinned in the consis, actually looked relieved afterwards. I enjoyed the ride though. Good luck to everyone of 'em.

Looking forward to tonight. Especially 141. Gonna be the match of the night. Two crazy dudes getting it on.
OR maybe they wrestled great opponents and got beat. There was nothing wrong with how Tomasello was wrestling. His motor and emotion were fine. Pletcher wrestled a very good match and was very close to pulling it off. Mckenna lost 1-0 to the #1 seed and was barely scored upon at NCAA and B10. Nolf is just better than Jordan like everybody else. People need to quit trying to develop a theory or common explanation to why those guys lost. They will all likely finish top 4. After NATO got hurt, nobody would have said that would be underperforming.
Old 03-17-18, 08:33 AM
All Region

Tartan78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling_fan_ View Post

Ditto!!!!!

Old 03-17-18, 08:39 AM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Hall shows some fire n love 4 victory.better to bellyplant and get worked.with no emo!
Old 03-17-18, 08:41 AM
Junior Varsity

Styxbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There was nothing wrong with how Tomasello was wrestling. His motor and emotion were fine.
I would disagree. Being a 2 time national champ and coming into this type of match and allowing Lee to be the pacesetter. He knew what was coming and wasn't ready for it. That said, Lee is for real. Pass the torch please.
Old 03-17-18, 08:53 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styxbb View Post
I would disagree. Being a 2 time national champ and coming into this type of match and allowing Lee to be the pacesetter. He knew what was coming and wasn't ready for it. That said, Lee is for real. Pass the torch please.
First, you have your facts wrong. Nato has one national championship. You are right that he knew what was coming because they wrestled twice this year. I do not think Nato lost because he lacked motor or emotion or allowed anything. Sometimes things get taken even if they are not given.
Old 03-17-18, 09:06 AM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
I know nato had the fire to win.feel really bad 4 him.just saying hall not all that bad.watching nato getting turned and the fall kinda made me sick.