Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Massillon by 17+ 2 1.26%
Massillon by 8-16 8 5.03%
Massillon by 1-7 34 21.38%
Winton Woods by 1-7 17 10.69%
Winton Woods by 8-16 64 40.25%
Wyoming by 17+ 34 21.38%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-17, 12:55 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
In memory of the Great Oil Filter, let me take this moment to tick everyone itt off -

Two Open enrollment schools. Two good coaches. What's substantially different ?

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/OH/s...18/school.aspx

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/OH/s...86/school.aspx
Old 11-25-17, 12:56 AM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_11 View Post
Who the heck is Roger Bacon?
You don't know Roger Bacon?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-17, 12:57 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
And how then does one change the boundaries of a school district ?
You have to petition the state Board of Education. You have to prove that it's for the well-being of the students who will be switched, and how good or bad a district is academically doesn't count.

Consolidation is fine, though. If there's a school district change in Stark County any time soon, it'll be the dissolution of East Canton/Osnaburg. And even that's probably not going to happen.
Old 11-25-17, 12:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Who the heck is Roger Bacon?

Holy Franciscan Friar, Batman!! You don't know Roger Bacon?!?

http://www.rogerbacon.org
Old 11-25-17, 12:59 AM
All District

joshjellel
D II State Semifinal: Winton Woods (12-1) vs. Massillon (10-3)

Thereís only one metric thatís starkly different: color... one team was red-hot and soundly advanced to the championship? See what I did there??

What was your point, cabe?
Old 11-25-17, 12:59 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan65 View Post
post of the decade !!
1000%.
Old 11-25-17, 01:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
You have to petition the state Board of Education. You have to prove that it's for the well-being of the students who will be switched, and how good or bad a district is academically doesn't count.

Consolidation is fine, though. If there's a school district change in Stark County any time soon, it'll be the dissolution of East Canton/Osnaburg. And even that's probably not going to happen.
Like I said no one wants to give up any power. It would be pure survival. For one small municipality to leave a district for another, 4 groups have to agree. Doesn't happen often.

Where would you guess they would want to go, if given a choice ? Would most residents care much about football ?

I mean, I guess I don't get what Spize is moaning about on this issue. Does he expect to "Shanghai" the surrounding areas one block at a time ? He's right about the other stuff, but Washington is going to have to be content with OE, luring in a kid or two at a time.
Old 11-25-17, 01:02 AM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
In the first playoff game, WW threw a hail mary pass at the end of the game against Chillicothe leading 61-27. The Chillicothe coach was so mad about them running up the score, he called them a bunch of thugs.
Ok, so maybe their coach is a d**k.
Old 11-25-17, 01:05 AM
All Region

IRISH_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
You don't know Roger Bacon?

The h you mean to hat D-5 school
Old 11-25-17, 01:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjellel View Post
Or Wakefieldóyeah, I knowójust sayiní.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now, In hindsight do you really think Wakefield would have been any worse than Maronto? Heck, that Wing-T and Team discipline Wake is famous for might have come in handy in the mid-80s in Massillon. Kinda went the opposite direction with Maronto.

Then again, if you look at the times and the fact that there was a pending lawsuit that any coach had to consider... Iím not sure anyone was looking for a guy who wanted to stay long term... well, anyone whoís opinion mattered.

Honestly, as mad as Wakefield got about getting the Massillon applicant dump in the head, he was better off at Perry as Massillon wouldnít have had the patience for his system to get installed, he may have lasted a year and not a career like at Perry.
Old 11-25-17, 01:08 AM
All World

Quote:
The h you mean to hat D-5 school
Lo siento no comprende senor.

Old 11-25-17, 01:12 AM
All World

Quote:

Like I said, the easiest and most realistic way to change boundaries is an bill through the legislature. Either way, it ainít gonna happen because one school wants their football team to be D1

And consolidation isnít technically changing the boundaries, as the consolidated districts keep the same boundaries they had, they just erase the one between them and become one.
Old 11-25-17, 01:12 AM
All World

Quote:
In memory of the Great Oil Filter, let me take this moment to tick everyone itt off -

I think the relevant difference to this topic is 56 and 21
Old 11-25-17, 01:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Like I said no one wants to give up any power. It would be pure survival. For one small municipality to leave a district for another, 4 groups have to agree. Doesn't happen often.

Where would you guess they would want to go, if given a choice ? Would most residents care much about football ?

I mean, I guess I don't get what Spize is moaning about on this issue. Does he expect to "Shanghai" the surrounding areas one block at a time ? He's right about the other stuff, but Washington is going to have to be content with OE, luring in a kid or two at a time.
Never said such a thing, I just said the boundaries are set and arenít going to change as a statement of fact.
Old 11-25-17, 01:15 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Think of what it will be if WW beats Archbishop Hoban. fish told us WW has the largest cbn of any public school in DII. First they put an end to one private school with a 17 playoff game win streak. After beating AH, they put an end to a 14 playoff game with streak. First they stop a three consecutive state title winner, then they stop a two consecutive state title winner. This will be the proof that a public school with state wide open enrollment can beat the privates and why we won't need separate tournament if more public schools follow the WW blueprint.
Old 11-25-17, 01:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
There’s only one metric that’s starkly different: color... one team was red-hot and soundly advanced to the championship? See what I did there??

What was your point, cabe?
Clever fellow

That, and age of players. The Tigers will get another shot soon enough.

There was talk pages back about WW having higher OE numbers than MWash. I could see an excuse brewing. Maybe a cultural aspect in the hallways allows WW to draw a more athletic average outsider via OE ?

Quote:
Think of what it will be if WW beats Archbishop Hoban. fish told us WW has the largest cbn of any public school in DII. First they put an end to one private school with a 17 playoff game win streak. After beating AH, they put an end to a 14 playoff game with streak. First they stop a three consecutive state title winner, then they stop a two consecutive state title winner. This will be the proof that a public school with state wide open enrollment can beat the privates and why we won't need separate tournament if more public schools follow the WW blueprint.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/outlier
Old 11-25-17, 01:16 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Pretty hilarious if Massillon is offended by WW running up the score considering their players committed a half dozen personal fouls trying to intentionally injure WW players in the 4th qtr.
Yep.
Old 11-25-17, 01:17 AM
All District

joshjellel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spize View Post
I think the relevant difference to this topic is 56 and 21
Neither of those numbers jump out at me. Maybe Iím not seeing the same thing as you on my tiny phone browser.

EDIT: I see you said you are referencing OE numbers. Iím just not looking in the right place or itís not visible on the mobile version, because I still canít find it. But thatís a much more meaningful metric, for sure.

Last edited by joshjellel; 11-25-17 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-25-17, 01:18 AM
All World

Quote:
Think of what it will be if WW beats Archbishop Hoban. fish told us WW has the largest cbn of any public school in DII. First they put an end to one private school with a 17 game win streak. After beating AH, they put an end to a 14 game with streak. First they stop a three consecutive state title winner, then they stop a two consecutive state title winner. This will be the proof that a public school with state wide open enrollment can beat the privates and why we won't need separate tournament if more public schools follow the WW blueprint.
Except statistically they do not... Teams like Winton Woods are what statisticians call outliers.

Old 11-25-17, 01:23 AM
All World

Quote:
How many private schools in division 2

Now compare to public schools... if the ratio is significantly different than playoff wins, teams, championships, maybe reconsider your topic.
Old 11-25-17, 01:23 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If it were a community-initiated consolidation (as opposed to the county board of education doing so) then I'd guess Louisville or Canton South. Probably Louisville. No, football would not be a concern.

Quote:
I understand the line of thought that the nicer, outlying housing developments in Massillon were rural before the city spent the time and effort to get homes built there -- so why not be part of the MCSD? It's not a worthless argument, in fact it's how it used to work in Ohio. On the other hand, it's equally possible that with the way things are today the developers never would have agreed to build them if they didn't know in advance they would be in Perry Local and Tuslaw Local. A bill to redraw the school district lines to equalize some of the districts somewhat might lead to a better outcome for students overall, but it would be the most unpopular bill put through the Ohio legislature in 100 years.
Old 11-25-17, 01:32 AM
All Yappi

Winton Woods has filled their schedule for the next two seasons.
Old 11-25-17, 01:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Never said such a thing, I just said the boundaries are set and arenít going to change as a statement of fact.
So, this was a random observation, like, "the sky is blue." ?

Quote:
Our area is growing fine, the difference is the state has held the district boundaries static for roughly 50+ years and no real plans to change anything in the near future.
Got it.
Old 11-25-17, 01:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Neither of those numbers jump out at me. Maybe Iím not seeing the same thing as you on my tiny phone browser.

EDIT: I see you said you are referencing OE numbers. Iím just not looking in the right place or itís not visible on the mobile version, because I still canít find it. But thatís a much more meaningful metric, for sure.
The score of the game, mon frere.....

It's late
Old 11-25-17, 01:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If it were a community-initiated consolidation (as opposed to the county board of education doing so) then I'd guess Louisville or Canton South. Probably Louisville. No, football would not be a concern.

I understand the line of thought that the nicer, outlying housing developments in Massillon were rural before the city spent the time and effort to get homes built there -- so why not be part of the MCSD? It's not a worthless argument, in fact it's how it used to work in Ohio. On the other hand, it's equally possible that with the way things are today the developers never would have agreed to build them if they didn't know in advance they would be in Perry Local and Tuslaw Local. A bill to redraw the school district lines to equalize some of the districts somewhat might lead to a better outcome for students overall, but it would be the most unpopular bill put through the Ohio legislature in 100 years.
We have enough that is polarized along Party lines already......how do you think this one would fall ?
Old 11-25-17, 01:39 AM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
Great win WW, down 21 and you keep fighting made a couple of adjustments and took care
If business. I’ll keep it short just got back from Columbus keep working and bring the title back to Forest Park
Old 11-25-17, 01:40 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Winton Woods has filled their schedule for the next two seasons.
Are Elder, La Salle, and Moeller on it for the next two years? Did you add St. Xavier?
Old 11-25-17, 01:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Are Elder, La Salle, and Moeller on it for the next two years?
I'm not exactly sure. I know it's complete and we've picked NorthWest and Trotwood.
Old 11-25-17, 01:44 AM
All District

joshjellel

Quote:
The score of the game, mon frere.....

It's late

Hah! Totally fixated on searching those links for the numbers that I missed the obvious. I instantly repressed the score. Coping mechanism. Iím also a classic idiot sometimes.
Old 11-25-17, 01:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
WW won't be spent. They are a physical team and have played like that the entire season. WW has to be physical due to the schedule we play. The off season program is very demanding. I don't see a let down coming!
Yep.
Closed Thread