Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-17, 03:05 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Many of us had a Spirograph at one time or another, or gave one to our kids.

When I was 6 I got something called a Design-O-Graph, made by Merit, that did essentially the same thing, but with fewer design options. The DOG was a precursor to Spirograph, and I understand there were others like the Magic Designer, Dizzy Doodlerand Design-O-Marx.

Something I learned when I was researching my toy: the repeating geometric design made by such a device is called a guilloche.

Old 11-16-17, 11:56 PM
All American

Bevo is on a distinguished road
My daughter had the Lite Brite and we've had Nerf footballs a round here forever.

Ok - the home stretch on the Toy Hall of Fame. As you will see some of your favorites continue to pop up on the list:

44. Radio Flyer Wagon - great toy and utilitarian item. I got one two years ago for X-mas.

45. Ragedy Ann and Andy - multi media items with shorts, movies, and cartoons.

46. Roller Skates - addressed earlier. I wasn't very good at this or ice skating but I loved ice skating, anyway. Seemed like we skated all winter long. I saw cars on the ice at our local park pond and I skated on the Sandusky River for miles when I was 12. Could see the water running underneath. I crashed through the ice into about 6 feet of water one afternoon when there wasn't anyone else in the park. I managed to turn and grab a concrete block and hoist myself out. My sister was an adult and I walked to her house about two blocks away. My clothes were frozen solid.

47. Rubber Duck - me - no; my kids - yes.

48. Ribik's Cube - did not have the "gift". I wonder how many millions of these were sold?

49. Scrabble - too hard.

50. Silly Putty - always had some but there really wasn't anything to do with it.

51. Skateboard - covered earlier.

52. Slinky - to me a lot like Silly Putty. I never had a Slinky that worked at all.

53. Star Wars Action Figures - missed me.

54. The Stick. Love this one. A good Stick was a great toy!

55. Super Soaker - I was too old but it looked like something I would have really enjoyed. Under the age of four my best friend Bruce and I would sit in two big wash tubs and spray each other with a green garden hose.

56. Swing - we had vines to swing on out over the Sandusky River - and I mean way out over. Could get quite a tingle in your gut floating out 30-50 feet on an early March day, when there had been ice on the river two weeks early and the water was running high and swiftly. Always had to hope to return to enough shore to jump off and onto land.
My dad slung a massive rope over a pear tree branch in our side yard. I used that a lot and the tree was very rotten. One year I found firecrackers that my Uncle Plums had sent back from Japan during WW II and I placed one in a small hole in the side of the tree and lit it. The insides of the tree were as dry as the desert and it burst into flames. Smoke was pouring out of every hole within two minutes! Firetruck, along with neighbor's garden hoses put out the fire and my dad "lit" me up - big time!! Fourth of July 1962.

57. Teddy Bear - I believe I had one because my mom bought it on Lay-Away at a store in Marion. My kids had one and my son loved his the most.

58. Tinker Toys - had them and liked them. Sort of the "average kid's" Erector Set.

59. Tonka Trucks - had a few; my preference was for those three decker auto/gasoline garages.

60. Twister - Nope; looks like a good game for horny, drunken adults to play.

61. View Master - covered earlier.

My nominee from the more primitive toy category would be Flat Small Stones for skipping. Amazing how much time was spent and fun we had doing this! I was pretty good at this.

I had a Lucas MaCain, a.k.a., The Rifleman , short, sawed off shot gun that actually propelled little plastic bullets 15 feet or so.

Another gun type toy I had was A Have Gun Will Travel set. It included Paladin's calling cards "Have Gun, Will Travel. Wire Paladin San Francisco." Black holster with gun, and if you remember the show, a derringer. I had no idea that Richard Boone was a Shakespearean actor of note nor did I know who Shakespeare even was!

Well, that's the list up to this point. Just imagine - we had no electronics!

Last edited by Bevo; 11-17-17 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 06:54 AM
All District

Diva is on a distinguished road
We had no electronics and we had imagination. I'm not sure the younger people have as much.

A tire swing was one of my favorite things to play on at Grandma's house. She had a huge tree that has the swing on. Hours and hours on there. Regular swings and slides were also a favorite of mine. At Grandma's, the swing set was by a cherry tree. I specifically remember swinging up high and smashing cherries between my new white tennis shoes!

I loved building the cabin with Lincoln Logs, again at Grandma's house. We also played with blocks, building towers and knocking them down.

The rocking horse was a favorite when I was little. I would sit on it and bounce up and down. Mom caught me just as I was falling off asleep.

Is a record player on the list? That's one item I ALWAYS played with. Music was and is a huge part of my life.

Jump rope, marbles, Tinker Toys, Old Maid, the list goes on and on. Great toys.

And yes, I saved the princess many times while I was home alone at night nursing babies while hubby was out playing in bands.

I love this nostalgic thread.
Old 11-17-17, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I had a Lucas MaCain, a.k.a., The Rifleman , short, sawed off shot gun that actually propelled little plastic bullets 15 feet or so.

Another gun type toy I had was A Have Gun Will Travel set. It included Paladin's calling cards "Have Gun, Will Travel. Wire Paladin San Francisco." Black holster with gun, and if you remember the show, a derringer. I had no idea that Richard Boone was a Shakespearean actor of note nor did I know who Shakespeare even was!
...!
Are you sure it was the Rifleman's?

Perhaps...the Mare's Leg from Wanted Dead Or Alive

Richard Boone...
Was actually a relative of Daniel Boone (frontiersman), also a WWII USN vet
where he sometimes was the 'tail' gunner on TBF Avenger.

Paladin= a chivalrous Knight and heroic champion often fighting for a noble cause
(Thus the chess knight as the emblem on his calling card and holster)

:>---

This post brought to you MTG
Old 11-17-17, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
Bazooka gum
With the little comic strip inside...

featuring Bazooka Joe

---

I used to save the "Crimestoppers' Textbook" from start of the Dick Tracy comic strip
on Sunday.
upper right...

handy illustrated anti-crime hints; named after his 1940's youth group.

:>---

much like Kilroy ~ MTG was here
Old 11-17-17, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
44. Radio Flyer Wagon - I had a wooden version with the removable sides. We beat the snot out of it. I recently got one of those little green yard carts which goes to show that one never truly outgrows a wagon.

45. Raggedy Ann and Andy - I think I had a Raggedy Andy shoe caddy on my closet door.

46. Roller Skates - Not me.

47. Rubber Duck - Not me.

48. Rubik's Cube - Never had one. IIRC, the inventor was Hungarian, so it has that going for it.

49. Scrabble - Enjoyable but difficult to find others who also enjoy it.

50. Silly Putty - Boring.

51. Skateboard - Not me.

52. Slinky - Had 'em, but grew tired of 'em quickly.

53. Star Wars Action Figures - Not me.

54. The Stick - Always important to have a good stick in order to hack your way through tall grass and thornbushes while exploring some neglected area.

55. Super Soaker - Cool toy, but I'd much rather see the regular old squirt gun on the list.

56. Swing - Had a beat-up swingset in the "pit" which was the lower level of my backyard. I'm a HS track coach, and if my runners are working hard and performing, I usually give them a "swingset day" where they run to a playground maybe 1 mile away, they can swing on the swings for 10-15 minutes, and then they run back. I usually do it the day before a low-key meet.

57. Teddy Bear - My favorite wore a Swiss Alpine get-up and had built in music box that played the chorus of "Edelweiss." I of course called him "Swissy."

58. Tinker Toys - Didn't have them, but I had Bristle Blocks.

59. Tonka Trucks - I recall owning a dump truck and got a mighty loader for Christmas when I was 8.

60. Twister - Had this game, maybe played it twice.

61. View Master - Grandparents had one.

Ones not mentioned from this alphabetical grouping:
Radio-Controlled Car - IIRC, RadioShack made a killing selling these things in the '80s.

Slot Cars

Tiger LCD Handheld Games - These were huge in the '80s. I had the soccer game. There was also the old football game that Jerry was eager to play with in that Seinfeld episode when he dates a woman who owns a vintage toy collection, but she won't let him play with it. He ends up finding ways to get her to sleep, so that he, George, and Elaine can play with the toys.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 11-17-17 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-17-17, 06:30 PM
All District

Tetherball. I loved it so much my parents put up a pole at our house. I smacked that ball until my hand swelled. One day it was time to line up at recess. I wasn't done winding the cord all the way around the pole, so I kept hitting the ball. Now mind you, I was always a good little girl and never got in trouble unless I didn't know what I was doing was wrong. But I could not stop hitting that ball! I had to stay after school and count to 100. Took less than a minute.
Old 11-17-17, 08:50 PM
All American

That was quite a punishment!! Tether ball should be an Olympic sport!

Ohio Pup - It was Chuck Connors.I certainly recall Steve McQueen; was he Johnny Yuma? In the late 50's, early 60's I loved all of the Westerns. You are all over this. Loved Bazooka Joe gum and the comics.

Diva - as a junior and senior at USHS, I was known to wander out of school during the day and to go for rides with another screw ball. Upon returning one day, we drove in from the front and and entered the side doors. We were met by principal, Lee Kirkland. Our punishment was to clean the lunch tables at the end of "C" lunch AND to sit in the office every night for an extra hour (thus leaving at 4:00). Cleaning all of the tables took every bit of 30 minutes. The other kid actually quit school! - rather than do this. Of course, with me there was no doubt and I fulfilled my penalty with the friendly disposition that I always displayed. Seven weeks into the ten week punishment, Mr. Kirkland informed me, "Dave, that's fine; you're done." I ask Lee why he had not called my parents and he said he figured I would show up for everything and that there was no need to get me in more trouble. Hm..... .

Fast forward about ten years and I am a school teacher at Hopewell - Loudon and Mr. Kirkland comes to our school often, selling all of the stuff that retired, ex-principals sell. We spend some really fun times in the boiler room ( where the teachers smoked). I apologized one day for being such a jerk. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You were easy; we knew you'd be ok." True story.

Last edited by Bevo; 11-17-17 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-19-17, 02:04 PM
All District

Little did they know ��
Old 11-19-17, 03:26 PM
All American

You are correct... .

Saw this in this week's S.I. The story is about a bunch of guys from Bethlehem, P.A. (where else?) that the author wrote about way back in the early 70's who play football every Thanksgiving morning. At that time, their game had hit the ten-year mark and they have played every year since. Seven of the original ten still participate. Thus, this is their 54th. year.

As noted by the author they have gone from trying to break each other's rubs to one handed touch.

For several decades one player would call all of the others the night before and simply say, "Be ready at 9:00 tomorrow." This would be followed by a quick hang up as there was no room for any excuses. Nowadays, no call is even made.

These types of stories are great. I considered myself fortunate as I and a group of other young adults with nothing better to do, played outside football and basketball well into our late 20's. It was funny when one of us noticed that where there use to be a row of bikes there was now a row of parked cars.

Do not know if any town still does something like this but in the early and mid 70's Upper Sand. had Upper Sandusky Adult Basketball; I played in the USBA for three years. Like the other upstart leagues, I believe we disbanded after year three. Although I always enjoyed football, the bright, warm, noisy gyms got my blood pumping even more and this was the time of year when it was exploding.

Our USBA games were Tues. and Thurs. nights at 10:00 and 11:00.! We always had officials and a score keeper and teams played in the horizontal half court. The fee was $20 for the season. We loved it! No fights; no drinking, etc. It was like slow-pitch softball - lots of guys from our generation wanted to keep playing

I have heard that alot of people hunt on Thanksgiving morning and I suppose many drive-way basketball games take place, too.

I always thoroughly enjoyed this holiday as it represented the first decent break since the start of the school year. Seems like it's always gray (we had a massive amount of rain here yesterday) and 40 degrees. Nice if there is snow ... but rare. Hope you are able to enjoy your time this week with some traditions of your own.

In my youthful memory, it seemed to me that it was usually pretty nice at Halloween - a few weeks ago - and then suddenly there was a hint of winter in the air. Remember that first day of flurries? Everyone was so excited. When I was a high school teacher, I had them all get up and go to the windows and look out.

Loved walking home from basketball practice with my friends (no one picked up anyone!) in the early evening dusk

Last edited by Bevo; 11-19-17 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-20-17, 11:52 AM
All American

Nice post, Bevo.

I remember reading a similar article in SI - maybe 20 years ago? - about a community that held a "real" alumni football game after Thanksgiving at the local high school. Amazingly the school would allow them to use helmets, pants, jerseys, and full pads. Talk about the liabilities and potential injuries! But it was a tradition, and the unwritten (or maybe written) was that any injuries were to be handled by the injured person.

I'm sure the local attorneys have put a stop to that by now.

Yes, the air always seemed to change the week of Thanksgiving. For me, it was knowing my father would always take the Friday after off from work, and that was a treat to have him home during my day off from school.

Mr. Slippery's mention of the Rubik's Cube reminded me of getting one for Christmas the first year they were out. After a few days I got it jumbled up and could only get one side the same color, but the other 5 were hopelessly mixed.

I saw a booklet in the store the next summer, "How To Solve Rubik's Cube", something like that. It took some self-motivation to learn the positional terms, but I was finally able to put it back together. Once I memorized the initial steps, the hard part was recognizing one of 4 patterns, then memorize each of the 4 final solutions.

Got to where I could consistently "solve" a Cube in 60 seconds or less. Once or twice I did it in 15 seconds, because some configurations were simply easier.

Haven't done that in 30 years - would have to find the book and learn it all over again.
Old 11-20-17, 12:31 PM
All American

Zurnado - same thing with my dad! We didn't do anything - it was just the idea that he was home. Use to experience the same thing at Christmas as he would take off two weeks then. Although I lived 90 seconds from the school, it was cool that he could pick me up for those few days. He also got two weeks in the summer and that was always a project time for him.

My dad did many car repairs the entire weekend. He would drive back and forth to the auto store, buying parts and getting advice. Had to have the car ready to go on Monday.

He ran an electrical cable under ground from the house to the garage for light and had various "jimmied" apparati hooked up for projects. I actually saw him and another guy lift an engine out of a car that way.

He worked underneath the car constantly and for hours at a time. Often the jack was balanced precariously on a wooden block or two. Just crazy stuff!

About that garage - he and a r.r. friend named Henry Amos, laid the foundation on a cold morning in Nov., with snow flying, when I was five. It stayed in that state for years. At times it was a great place for me and my friends to build a fort.

He and I were still putting boards up on it when I was a 7th. grader and around that time it was basically finished. He spent a good portion of the next 15 or so years in "his" garage. Of course, eventually no cars could be parked in it.

My dad passed at 77 in '87 and mom made it another ten years (never to return to their, bed, however) before the great clean up began. The garage had clothes in it from the 1940's (cause you never know), there were also three different radios that dad had hooked up and several auto motors, and machines that actually worked! That's how those guys were. (The basement had dozens of jars of green beans.)

Anyway, cold weather and the first hint of flurries and I am immediately transported back to the kitchen window watching dad and Henry do their work on that that morning in '56.
Old 11-20-17, 07:03 PM
All American

Somehow we missed this but I saw it today. The nominees for the 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of fame (festivities in Cleveland this year). Expect 5-8 to make it in.

1. Bon Jovi I say "In". Huge following should count for something
2. Kate Bush - Don't know her.
3. The Cars - Yep.
4. Dire Straits - Not in? No way. Way!
5. Eurythmics - Sure
6. J. Geils Band - Please!
7. Judas Priest - Not for me
8. L.L. Cool J. Ditto
9. MC5 - I had their stuff but I am not sure.
10. The Meters ???
11. Moody Blues - Yes, after almost 55 freakin' years!
12. Radiohead - know them but don't know them
13. Rage Against the Machine - Ditto
14. Rufus featuring Chaka Kahn - Ditto
15. Nina Simone - big star; overlooked
16. Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Just don't know her.
17. Link Wray - yep because JB said so.
18. The Zombies - the catalogue is small but "Tell Her No" and "She's Not There" are classics. But, a lot of bands had a couple of hits. I don't know its name but they have a seminal album that they still preform in its entirety that is very highly regarded. I say "No", not yet.

So, I'll go with: Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, J. Geils Band, Eurythmics, Moody Blues, Nina Simone and Link Wray

My son just screamed "What about Tommy James and the Schondells?" from Cincinnati/Dayton area. Still performing and a monster hit maker in the 60's. Actually, there is more here than you remember. (Note to self: discuss T.J.)

Comments?

Last edited by Bevo; 11-22-17 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-21-17, 02:26 PM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Who Knows View Post
"JB" - Also, I saw that my alma mater, Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary played Tri-Valley in football the other night and only won 21-13. That score is surprising, even though the game was played in Dresden. I was surprised that Tri-Valley would even play a powerhouse like St. V. Either Tri-Valley is loaded again this year or St. V is going to have a long season. With teams like Cardinal Mooney, Youngstown Ursuline, Walsh Jesuit, Akron Hoban, Massillon and Cincinnati La Salle on their schedule, I would have guessed that St. V would have been more impressive vs. Tri-Valley. Then again, the Scotties have been tough in recent years and might really be talented this season. As always, time will tell.
Well "JB" and others, I guess time did explain the Week One game vs. Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary and Dresden Tri-Valley. It seems as if both team were preparing for a run in the computer playoffs. Tri-Valley's only loss was to SVSM and the Irish had three losses (all to computer playoff teams: Hoban, Barberton and Cincinnati LaSalle). Along the way, SVSM also knocked off Massillon, who is still alive in the D-II playoffs. Here's what it looks like on Friday night:
Quote:
St. Vincent-St. Mary (10-3-2, 2-0 Neutral) vs. Tri-Valley (12-1, 3-0 Neutral)
Site: Perry High School, Massillon
Friday 11/24/17 @ 7:30pm
It looks like a great weekend of football with the high games and the Big One vs. "TTUP" on Saturday at noon. The Buckeyes are favored by 10.

ROCK ON!
Old 11-22-17, 02:41 PM
All District

Nice posts.
Old 11-22-17, 08:12 PM
All American

Seventy year old Tommy James was born in Dayton and has been making music since the early 60's. He had the "hit-maker-magic" in the 60's with:

1. "Crystal Blue Persuasion"
2. "Crimson and Clover"
3. "Mony-Mony"
4. "I Think We're Along Now"
5. "Hanky-Panky"
6. "Mirage"
7. Draggin The Line"

There are probably others but that is a pretty impressive list. Any band I heard at a record hop (dance) in the mid and late 60's that could play these songs was looked at by me as being really good.

Next up: Paul Revere and The Radiers
Old 11-23-17, 08:09 AM
All District

I was born in Boise and lived there until I was ten. My father worked at Dunkley Music on Capitol Blvd. the whole time. I remember him coming home from work one day saying he sold an organ to Paul a Revere. I had a crush on Mark Lindsay.
Old 11-23-17, 09:10 AM
All American

Mark Lindsay - the pony tail was difficult for me.

We saw the band two winters ago right after Paul had passed and his son was the lead. Really, really, good and and a great, rousing show.
Old 11-23-17, 12:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I was born in Boise and lived there until I was ten. My father worked at Dunkley Music on Capitol Blvd. the whole time. I remember him coming home from work one day saying he sold an organ to Paul a Revere. I had a crush on Mark Lindsay.

Very cool story and thanks for sharing! I've visited Boise a few times and really liked the area. Isn't it referred to as a "high desert"?

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-17, 02:31 PM
All District

There are lots of trees and the Boise River runs through the city. The mountains are certainly desert.
Old 11-23-17, 04:22 PM
All Region

coldshoulder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I recall a certain Lynrd Skynrd song....

"Well it's eight o'clock in Boise, Idaho...."

What's Your Name (Little Girl) ?

I'm guessing they weren't asking about you
Old 11-23-17, 09:50 PM
All American

I'm not so sure about that... . (Just Wayward Boys being wayward!)

Paul Revere and The Raiders; with song hits, year and Billboard chart position:

1. Kicks - 1966 - 4
2. Indian Reservation - 1971 - 1
3. Just Like Me - 1966- 11
4. Hungry - 1966 - 6
5. Steppin' Out - 46 - 1965
6. Good Thing - 1967 - 4
7. Him or Me - 1967 - 5
8. Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon - 1969- 18
9. I Had A Dream - 1962- 17
10. Too Much Talk - 1968 - 19
11. Let Me - 1969 - 20

Of course, they were a big part of Where The Action Is from 1965-1967.

Last edited by Bevo; 11-23-17 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-24-17, 08:43 AM
All District

Yep, I used to watch that.

No, they weren't asking about me that I know of. But Grand Funk Railroad says my first and last name in one of their songs.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. I'm on an airplane right now, heading back home from an exhausting three days.
Old 11-24-17, 08:48 AM
All District

Mark Lindsay's "Indian Reservation" video shows a more mature Mark without his ponytail and with a mustache. I dated a guy for a short time who looked a lot like that.

And my husband, in his long hair days, was a dead ringer for Steve Perry in his young hot days. Some pictures I've seen of Steve could be of my man.
Old 11-24-17, 11:17 AM
All American

Now, I wish I had a pony tail! My hair was to my shoulders in '72 - about a year's worth of growth; add in the beard and I was one cool cat.

Trying to think of other mid-level 60's bands. Not the 2-3 hit wonders but the 6-10 hitters. The Buckinghams. Seems like our good friend Peter Noone's Hermits were a bit above the mid level.

At the movies, last night we saw the "Man Who Invented Christmas". It was great!
Old 11-24-17, 02:04 PM
All American

I went from a high-and-tight USMC flat-top in 2006 to a full ponytail two years later. Eventually let it get about 6 inches from my waist, and just cut it off a few months ago. I enjoyed the notoriety that it gave me, but it is nice not to have to worry about it anymore. Had forgotten what it felt like to sit in a barber chair and let the buzz of the clippers lull me into a comfortable 10-minute doze.

Would The Association be in the 6-10 range? I remember looking up pop-culture movie titles I remember from 1968-1970 a few years ago. One of the was "Goodbye Columbus", and discovered The Association did the title track, including an MTV-worthy video from back then. The soaring chord structure reminded me of the uncertain excitement I was feeling as me and my classmates were starting to discover more of the world outside - including some of the less-attractive things .......

Have turned in my man-card temporarily while I sit with my wife on the sofa, watching the Hallmark Movie Channel Christmas flicks for the next five weeks. They're just as sappy and vanilla as all get-out, but I get a kick out of them. Great escapist entertainment.

One notch from the bucket list coming up. My wife's nephew came in from Los Angeles this week, and is taking us up to Cleveland for the Cavs game tonight. I keep forgetting he's 43 now. 21 years ago this month, the nephew was a 6-8 senior playing hoops for San Diego State, and we, along with about 40 family members, took up two bleacher sections behind the basket at St. John Arena to see him play against the Buckeyes. OSU won handily, but our nephew had a monster dunk in front of us, made our entire evening.

Last edited by Zunardo; 11-24-17 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-24-17, 02:18 PM
All American

Excellent choice on The Association and they are now in our mid-level hit category.

And two great stories on the 'tail and the boy dunker.

I like the idea of the Hallmark Channel's non stop Christmas programming. My wife gets upset because the Golden Girls are gone at night.

Favorite Golden Girl joke:

Dorothy at Christmas noting that Rose had bought Blanche a sweater for Christmas.

Dorothy - "Why did you get Blanche a sweater, Rose?"

Rose - "Because she said that was what she wanted."

Dorothy - "She said she wanted a sweater?"

Rose - Well yeah; she said she wanted something crotchless."
Old 11-24-17, 09:15 PM
All American

WLS leads Chicago rock and The Buckinghams lead the way!

1. Kind of A Drag - 1 - 1966
2. Don't You Care - 6 - 1967
3. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - 5 - 1967
4. Hey Baby - 1967
5. Susan - 11 - 1967
6. Lawdy Miss. Clawdy - 41- 1967

'67 was a very good year for this clear sounding, up tempo band.
Old 11-25-17, 12:09 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Who Knows View Post
Well "JB" and others, I guess time did explain the Week One game vs. Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary and Dresden Tri-Valley. It seems as if both team were preparing for a run in the computer playoffs. Tri-Valley's only loss was to SVSM and the Irish had three losses (all to computer playoff teams: Hoban, Barberton and Cincinnati LaSalle).
It certainly looks like Dresden Tri-Valley had a plan and they accomplished it:

Quote:
St. Vincent-St. Mary (Akron, OH) lost Friday's playoff game against Tri-Valley (Dresden, OH), 24-6.
Best of luck to Tri-Valley in the state championship game!

GO BUCKS!
Old 11-26-17, 11:15 AM
All American

Continuing on with our mid -level hit makers - The Association:

1. Never My Love - 2 - '67
2. Cherish - 9 - '66
3. Along Comes Mary - 7 -'66
4. Windy - 1 - '67
5. Six-Man Band - 47 - '68
6. Everything That Touches You - 10 - '68
7. Dreamer - 66
8. No Fun at All - 51 - '67
9. Good Bye - 80- 69

Cherish is probably an all-time love song. I had the 45 for Along Comes Mary; never really understood the lyrics - just like how it sounded.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: