Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-07-18, 02:27 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingfan21 View Post
David Carr will remain undefeated
Not so fast with you picking the overwhelming favorite.

I'm predicting the biggest upset in the history of state wrestling. Underdog Freshman Padraic Gallaher will upset Jake Marsh in the semi.s, than go on to beat David Carr the #1 ranked wrestler in the country in a double overtime match. Its possible just ask Dan Gable after he lost his last match of his amateur career after going 181-0.

and that will make no undefeated wrestlers in Div. 1
Old 03-07-18, 02:38 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post

I'm predicting the biggest upset in the history of state wrestling. Underdog Freshman Padraic Gallaher will upset Jake Marsh in the semi.s, than go on to beat David Carr the #1 ranked wrestler in the country in a double overtime match. Its possible just ask Dan Gable after he lost his last match of his amateur career after going 181-0.

Carr vs. Gallaher will end the same way that Cameron Kelly vs. Rocky Jordan did.
Old 03-07-18, 03:39 PM
All Region

87TrojanGolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Did you just pick not 1 but 2 wrestlers to lose? Only a loser would pick someone to lose let alone 2 losers.These are your words,looking at some of your posts on here maybe YOU are the one that needs to NOT be on here.
Old 03-07-18, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClearn7 View Post
Teams:
1. St. Edward
2. LaSalle
3. Brecksville
4. Elder
5. Wadsworth
6. Elyria
7. (Olentangy) Liberty
8. (Massillon) Perry

-Max Pearce
Looking at your placer I don't see how Elder scores more than Elyria according to your placers.
Old 03-07-18, 04:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TrojanGolf View Post
Did you just pick not 1 but 2 wrestlers to lose? Only a loser would pick someone to lose let alone 2 losers.These are your words,looking at some of your posts on here maybe YOU are the one that needs to NOT be on here.
I picked an unexpected (upset) result. there are 5 undefeated wrestlers in div 1 get your numbers correct before you post. and those will also be unexpected results.
Old 03-07-18, 04:47 PM
Varsity

Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No salt, no bash, just interesting FACTS. Can you tell me how many undefeated wrestlers there are in div1 and who is the only one to stay undefeated? Now if you don't have any interesting facts or data about the state tournament than you shouldn't be on this sight.
I think the same thing every time I see a post with your name on it!
Old 03-07-18, 05:00 PM
All American

McClearn7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Looking at your placer I don't see how Elder scores more than Elyria according to your placers.
You're absolutely right. I counted one of Elyria's placers as an Elder placer when I was figuring the scores. Thanks for the catch.
Old 03-07-18, 05:22 PM
All Region

GWF is on a distinguished road
Anyone streaming matches? Facebook live, Periscope, etc.?
Old 03-07-18, 05:57 PM
All District

Wrestlingfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

We are not talking Dan Gable, we are talking David Carr here...no way, no how he loses...he just may major, pin or tech everyone!
Old 03-08-18, 01:04 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Goldfuss (Oak Hills) in for Moran (Northmont)
Old 03-08-18, 07:25 AM
Freshman

BloodG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline51 View Post
WILL COME FROM THE TOP HALF..............if memory serves me correct
He got tilted for a few minutes and got beat in the semis!!!!!!!
My memory recalls both Ball and Max Wright being called for eye pokes that cost them both trips to the State Finals. No referree warnings, just immediate technical violation points. Both wrestlers lost by one point because officials wanted to interject themselves into the match and change rhe outcome.
Old 03-08-18, 07:55 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodG View Post
My memory recalls both Ball and Max Wright being called for eye pokes that cost them both trips to the State Finals. No referree warnings, just immediate technical violation points. Both wrestlers lost by one point because officials wanted to interject themselves into the match and change rhe outcome.
There are no warnings with eye pokes.
Old 03-08-18, 08:08 AM
All Region

350zjk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just FYI, eye pokes are NOT TV, but illegal. Secondly, we have been told as officials to only call the poke to an eye if we actually see it. EXAMPLE: wrestler A is setting up a takedown by tapping wrestler B's head, forehead, or cheek. Wrestler B grabs his eye and in some way acts incapacitated. We stop the match. If we did not see the ACTUAL poke in the eye wrestling continues immediately or it becomes injury time. There is no such call as an inadvertent finger to the eye.
Old 03-08-18, 08:58 AM
Freshman

Ryans1906 is on a distinguished road
A the end of the day Max Wright, Jared Ball, JT Brown, and Anthony Perrine got to wrestle in the OHSAA tournament along with hundreds of others and they all have experiences they will never forget...some will have fond memories others will be tormented by the woulda shoulda coulda syndrome we wish them all well in the next phase of their life, Jared Ball has 1 more chance at glory he has undoubtedly a tough road he has to go 4-0 to be crowned Champion along with the every other wrestler in Columbus and I am sure no one is going to lay down and give it to any of them we wish all the wrestlers good luck, fight hard, and go out and be the best version of yourself and leave it all on the mat....2017 is history let’s focus on making history in 2018.
Old 03-08-18, 09:10 AM
Freshman

Ryans1906 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I must stand up for the officials first of all officiating is a tough task no matter what the sport and yes there are some bad officials but most officials are excellentpeople they enjoy the game and they NEVER want to be the reason behind the outcome of a sporting event. With that being said I don’t recall the official tilting the wrestler in the 182lb match and I don’t recall the official telling 1 wrestler to not have any takedowns in the 195lb match. I think someone said “if I shoot I score if they shoot I score” thus we would not be lamenting over spilled milk that happened in 2017 and also The 195lb score was 5-3.

Last edited by Ryans1906; 03-08-18 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-08-18, 04:11 PM
All American

kbiz is on a distinguished road
There is no warning for a poke in the eye unless they changed the rule back this year.
Old 03-08-18, 05:50 PM
All District

nordodox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeswrestling View Post
I have setup 2 additional pages in an effort to help everyone follow the tournament. These pages are as follows:

jakeswrestling.com/matches_match.php
jakeswrestling.com/matches_mat.php

These pages displays ALL of the matches to wrestled for each session. One page displays the matches by MATCH number. The other displays the matches by MAT number. I placed a link at the top of these pages so you can easily switch between the two. I am not sure how well the wi-fi reception is at the arena however. The pdf pages I have setup only display the matches for each division. I will put a link to these pages on my division pages sometime later. I will adjust these pagess to display the subsequent session's matches after the conclusion of the previous one.

Thanks Jakeswrestling! No Guest WI-FI @ Schott Center. Guess I'll make use of VZW unlimited data plan. Hope they're ready!
Old 03-08-18, 06:43 PM
All District

Redflagday is on a distinguished road
138lb Sparkman beats Heard in ot Heard was hurt.
Old 03-08-18, 08:08 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflagday View Post
138lb Sparkman beats Heard in ot Heard was hurt.
Looking at his arm how did coaches and refs allow him to continue that match
Old 03-08-18, 08:45 PM
All Region

dion is on a distinguished road
At 182 neither Baughman or Wilson looked very sharp. They both need to kick it up if they want to win their quarters match.
Old 03-08-18, 09:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dion View Post
At 182 neither Baughman or Wilson looked very sharp. They both need to kick it up if they want to win their quarters match.
They face each other in the quarters so we will see who picked it up.
Only 3 #1 seeds were upset in the first round and i think 7 more will go in the quarters. Great wrestling.
Old 03-08-18, 10:10 PM
All American

Score
32 eds
24 brecks
22 wad
21 lasalle
21 perry
17.5 elyria
Eds, breck, wads have 8 in the quarters.
Old 03-09-18, 12:59 AM
All District

wlpdrpat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingfan21 View Post
We are not talking Dan Gable, we are talking David Carr here...no way, no how he loses...he just may major, pin or tech everyone!
Did you seriously just put David Carr on a pedestal above Dan Gable?

I don't think David Carr will be beaten this Saturday either but I wouldn't put him in the same light as Dan Gable for at least a few more years.
Old 03-09-18, 07:20 AM
All District

Backsidetilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Some one needs to lay off the green Kool aid!
Old 03-09-18, 08:14 AM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Just as in most years, the real race will be for who wins the not Edís championship.
Old 03-09-18, 08:15 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backsidetilt View Post
Some one needs to lay off the green Kool aid!
If you have dont have any facts, data, or intersting opinions than get the hell off this sight. Do you know what anthony robles did? Than anything is possible.
Old 03-09-18, 09:04 AM
All District

Backsidetilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you have dont have any facts, data, or intersting opinions than get the hell off this sight. Do you know what anthony robles did? Than anything is possible.
Let me rephrase before I tell you to shut it Chachi! Anything is possible and as Im honestly a Gallagher fan due to his 6 minute full go attack style! I won’t be shocked to see him make the final and his wins to me wouldnt be upsets! Anything is possible but not likely against Carr! imo but I’m a realist! How’s that data for you! You can talk crazy but when anyone else does, they must have facts or data? Shut it Chachi!
Ps. If he does shock the World and pull of one of the greatest upsets in the History of the State Tournament! Will you buy me a lottery ticket?
Old 03-09-18, 09:16 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How bout Carr is the best wrestler in the building FACT! Shut it chachi!
Old 03-09-18, 09:28 AM
Varsity

Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Is this facts or data?
Old 03-09-18, 10:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
How bout Carr is the best wrestler in the building FACT! Shut it chachi!
Better than his dad? Not