Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-11-18, 04:05 PM
All Ohio

tkdn_wizard is on a distinguished road
After the match.
It ended, they “shook” hands, no unsportsmanlike signal was given or anything to indicate such. He stormed off, knocked over the trash can and had then encounter with the OHSAA official. Again, it was not a ref, he was in a suit jacket. I believe it was the tournament director. He is most likely who called for the DQ due to Ramirez's actions or what Ramirez said to him. I did not hear it, but something was said and he waved the official off. Just the most likely scenario of how it happened based on what I witnessed.
Old 03-11-18, 05:58 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdn_wizard View Post
After the match.
It ended, they “shook” hands, no unsportsmanlike signal was given or anything to indicate such. He stormed off, knocked over the trash can and had then encounter with the OHSAA official. Again, it was not a ref, he was in a suit jacket. I believe it was the tournament director. He is most likely who called for the DQ due to Ramirez's actions or what Ramirez said to him. I did not hear it, but something was said and he waved the official off. Just the most likely scenario of how it happened based on what I witnessed.
The encounter as Ramirez stormed away from the mat was with one of the OHSAA state rules interpreters (SRI). I also saw the match official talking to a different rules interpreter matside relatively concurrent with the incident between Ramirez and the SRI.
Old 03-11-18, 07:06 PM
All Region

keato is on a distinguished road
I’m not sure what happened have read many different reports but the bottom line is why was he confronted by someone off the mat I know he kicked or pushed a trash can over but got his head together enough to pick it back up. He just lost a tuff match he’s a competitor so sure your emotions are running high but it was off the mat. What did he do on the mat to be DQ’d does anyone know?
Old 03-11-18, 07:26 PM
All Ohio

tkdn_wizard is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure, I don't think he did anything to get DQ'd on the mat, that is why I think it was a result of the incident afterward with the trash can and SRI.

After the match ended he made a very poor attempt/swat at shaking Sanchez's hand. The referee made him come back to shake hands, but Sanchez was trying to take off his ankle band and Ramierz "slapped"/hit Sanchez in the head a few times to get his attention. He slapped hands then walked towards Jordan/Graham coaches and just waved them off with his hand and kept walking off the mat. I don't see that any of that would warrant a DQ, though.
Old 03-11-18, 09:17 PM
All Region

Krasula24 is on a distinguished road
Being related to Sandro & having to talk to him after the match, he knew what he did wrong. He knew right after he hit the trash can that he messed up, hence why he picked it up instantly. But the one thing that really made him really upset was the way he lost (hands to the face penalty point). The guy who saw him do it & came up to him after he hit the trash can happened to be the head official. He wantsd all of sandros information, but sandro knew what would happen so he walked away. It’s one of his biggest regrets in his life. He doesn’t need to read any negative feedback that someone might wanna say on here in the near future.

But i tell you what, the Sandro Ramirez on the mat and the Sandro Ramirez off are two very different people.
Old 03-11-18, 09:33 PM
All District

TimMast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasula24 View Post
Being related to Sandro & having to talk to him after the match, he knew what he did wrong. He knew right after he hit the trash can that he messed up, hence why he picked it up instantly. But the one thing that really made him really upset was the way he lost (hands to the face penalty point). The guy who saw him do it & came up to him after he hit the trash can happened to be the head official. He wantsd all of sandros information, but sandro knew what would happen so he walked away. It’s one of his biggest regrets in his life. He doesn’t need to read any negative feedback that someone might wanna say on here in the near future.

But i tell you what, the Sandro Ramirez on the mat and the Sandro Ramirez off are two very different people.
Such a shame. Hope he has a successful college wrestling career and gets his degree.
Old 03-12-18, 02:36 PM
All District

standup is on a distinguished road
Ye See .. life goes on after wrestling.
Ideally, the daily blood sweat and tears year in and year out
teaches life lessons which provide
A road map to future success and happiness in other things in life. A recipe.

And part of that includes learning lessons from mistakes along the way.
Part of the reason we like wrestling so much is because we know this.

I saw many parents and kids crying this past weekend.
Some tears of of joy and disappointment, and some just because it’s then end of a career. One mom told me... “I never knew what real dedication and incredible hard work and passion for a goal was until my son wrestled... nothing like it.”