Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-15, 11:02 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 10: Louisville Leopards (8-1, 6-0) at Canton South Wildcats (2-7, 1-5)

I figured I'd open this thread up for discussion. Leopards already clinched a playoff spot and will look to complete a perfect run through the NBC and with any luck get a home game Week 11. The alternative is likely traveling to Medina Buckeye which looks to have smaller away stands than Minerva/Marlington.

Can anyone tell me about South? What's going on with their lighting/stadium? Where do we park?

Result

Louisville 44, Canton South 21

Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Football Video Highlights & Recap

Final 2015 NBC Football Standings

In-Depth Preview of Friday's Game

Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats In-Depth Week 10 Preview

All-Time Series
Louisville Leopards Vs. Canton South Wildcats All-Time Football Series

Past Highlights

1964 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

1971 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

1989 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

1992 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

1993 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

1994 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

1999 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

2002 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2005 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

2006 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2011 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2012 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2014 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

JV
2011 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2014 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

Freshman

2012 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats 2012 JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights & Recap

Last edited by LeopardNation; 10-30-15 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-15, 03:58 PM
All World

In-Depth Preview of Friday's Game:

Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats In-Depth Week 10 Preview
Old 10-28-15, 10:11 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Last week showed that this team can/should use the run to set up the pass. Untill teams start putting 8 in the box you have to pound the ball like we did last week. The only mistakes we made on offense were the int in the endzone (Adams could have taken off and got nearly 10 yds vs forcing an int) and Jones dropping a wide open TD (not something you see very often). Thats our game. Defense has been solid all year...one thing that has killed us and needs fixed is that back side screen! It's burned us a few times this year...needs fixed.
South is -11 in turnovers and their 7 losses are by an average of like 7 pts/game...turnovers are killing them, their a pretty effective team when they hang on to the ball.
Win the turnover battle, stay healthy and cross our fingers that we get a lot of help to stay home for week 11.
Old 10-29-15, 09:35 AM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
It is Thursday and this thread hasn't gotten much going on. Not much to talk about between these two teams, South is pretty bad this year.

Louisville hasn't lost a league game since 10/26/2012 falling to Canton South 20-41. In the last 3 years Louisville has won every league game and lost two regular season games and two playoff games. 3 years ago many people were calling it "The Doug Schwall ERA #2."

I remember that last game against South how everyone was calling for the Coach's head. While many people jumped off that band wagon, there are still some on it.

That being said I feel the league was much better 3 years ago than what is is today. I know that West Branch and Salem both had good runs this year, but lets be honest the quality of NBC football is pretty bad.

If Louisville plays Medina week 1 of the playoffs and wins will some people say we are back or will we need to beat Hoban week 2?
Old 10-29-15, 10:01 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
The Doug Schwall era is portrayed at the short comings of the hire, rather you had a solid staff that included future head coaches bob jackson, rich crislip, and a young paul farrah. so it wasn't the coaching. the fed league schedule was tough and you had players not play and transfer out to canton south and st thomas at the time. to be honest Coach Schwall was the scapegoat for the records as is the case most of the time but the reality was the student athletes and boosters did not support as they did and do now, most louisville people cant see the truth of this matter but if you really know what went down, it wasn't the coach or coaches.

For those who know or met Coach Schwall he was a class act - coached a tough team - and served the district as an outstanding teacher for the years to follow his stint there. But hey lets not let truth and integrity get in the way of mud slinging or painting with a broad brush.
Old 10-29-15, 10:17 AM
Freshman

theburg_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACisBack View Post
It is Thursday and this thread hasn't gotten much going on. Not much to talk about between these two teams, South is pretty bad this year.

Louisville hasn't lost a league game since 10/26/2012 falling to Canton South 20-41. In the last 3 years Louisville has won every league game and lost two regular season games and two playoff games. 3 years ago many people were calling it "The Doug Schwall ERA #2."

I remember that last game against South how everyone was calling for the Coach's head. While many people jumped off that band wagon, there are still some on it.

That being said I feel the league was much better 3 years ago than what is is today. I know that West Branch and Salem both had good runs this year, but lets be honest the quality of NBC football is pretty bad.

If Louisville plays Medina week 1 of the playoffs and wins will some people say we are back or will we need to beat Hoban week 2?
I think beating Hoban or being competitive against them would go a long way to saying they are back. The NBC is not helping the Leopards, they have outgrown the conference in my opinion.
Old 10-29-15, 10:38 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by theburg_11 View Post
I think beating Hoban or being competitive against them would go a long way to saying they are back. The NBC is not helping the Leopards, they have outgrown the conference in my opinion.
I agree that the NBC is helping them, I dont agree that they have outgrown it if you are saying the enrollment is to big, because if you look at the numbers as of late they are getting closer together.

It has been discussed on other threads a new league or Louisville leaving.

I was more questioning how far we needed to go in the playoffs to say we are back.
Old 10-29-15, 10:55 AM
Freshman

theburg_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree that the NBC is helping them, I dont agree that they have outgrown it if you are saying the enrollment is to big, because if you look at the numbers as of late they are getting closer together.

It has been discussed on other threads a new league or Louisville leaving.

I was more questioning how far we needed to go in the playoffs to say we are back.
Second round would be my opinion. I like the way the team has played this year. They play with an attitude that reminds me of the Farrah led teams. I don't think enrollment wise they are too big but I do not think the league prepares them for post season play.
Old 10-29-15, 03:17 PM
All American

garydaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Louisville finishes regular season 10-0.
This one will be over by halftime and a running clock will be in effect.
Old 10-29-15, 03:20 PM
All American

garydaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Unfortunately, the Leopards, if they play Hoban, will not beat Hoban.
I hate to say it, but that game will get UGLY fast.
Running clock in Hoban's favor.
The Knight's are that good this year.
Old 10-29-15, 05:15 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
g-daddy, obviously you are a late comer to Louisville football. The best we can do regular season is 9-1. The Leopards lost to Fitch in week 3. As far as Hoban, they have a very good team, but as our scrimmage with them indicated we match up pretty well with them. Hope we get a shot.
Old 10-29-15, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
The Doug Schwall era is portrayed at the short comings of the hire, rather you had a solid staff that included future head coaches bob jackson, rich crislip, and a young paul farrah. so it wasn't the coaching. the fed league schedule was tough and you had players not play and transfer out to canton south and st thomas at the time. to be honest Coach Schwall was the scapegoat for the records as is the case most of the time but the reality was the student athletes and boosters did not support as they did and do now, most louisville people cant see the truth of this matter but if you really know what went down, it wasn't the coach or coaches.

For those who know or met Coach Schwall he was a class act - coached a tough team - and served the district as an outstanding teacher for the years to follow his stint there. But hey lets not let truth and integrity get in the way of mud slinging or painting with a broad brush.
rick nor paul coached with schwall. and if you had schwall in class, i find it hard to believe you viewed him an outstanding teacher.

however, you are correct about the talent, especially his last 2 years...
Old 10-29-15, 09:24 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
come to think of it, don't remember jackson on his staff either, if he was, it had to have been the last year only, i do remember him with rick...
Old 10-30-15, 02:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

First off I have a lot of respect for Mr. Schwall as I had him for a teacher. I really do like than man and understand that the team short comings were not on him. However like Legend stated Crisis was not on his staff and was upset that they hired Doug instead of himself. Paul might have still been in college during all of that. So your history is off somewhat, and most people in the town, including the players that played for him have never said anything bad about him.
Old 10-30-15, 08:56 PM
All Ohio

74Leps is on a distinguished road
Leopards have no trouble with South, could have put 60 on them if they wanted; South scores twice in the 4th against Leopard backups.

Just wondering if Joe Eitel is correct - Leopards now in 3rd spot or will that change depending on Hoban-Benedictine final on Saturday?
Old 10-30-15, 08:59 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Leps View Post
Leopards have no trouble with South, could have put 60 on them if they wanted; South scores twice in the 4th against Leopard backups.

Just wondering if Joe Eitel is correct - Leopards now in 3rd spot or will that change depending on Hoban-Benedictine final on Saturday?
Very well could drop to 5th.
Old 10-30-15, 09:08 PM
All Ohio

74Leps is on a distinguished road
Joe updated his site, has Leps 4th now . . .
Old 10-30-15, 10:29 PM
All World

Louisville 44, Canton South 21

Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Football Video Highlights & Recap

Final 2015 NBC Football Standings

Louisville at Poland Week 11
Old 11-02-15, 12:56 PM
All District

Leopard_Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First off I have a lot of respect for Mr. Schwall as I had him for a teacher. I really do like than man and understand that the team short comings were not on him. However like Legend stated Crisis was not on his staff and was upset that they hired Doug instead of himself. Paul might have still been in college during all of that. So your history is off somewhat, and most people in the town, including the players that played for him have never said anything bad about him.
I believe you are correct on this. As I recall, Farrah graduated high school in '84, so he wouldn't have out of college yet when Schwall was hired.