Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-17, 11:24 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So in your opinion, you'd take an inferior player. Okay, got it. You're assuming Didi will be making more, there's no way of knowing that for sure. I haven't crucified every decision the club has made. You asked for a SS who put up similar or better production than Cozart for less money. Didi was brought up, someone who the Reds chose to part with. No, a warped fan thinks every decision the clubs makes is a good one, aka you. And that's weird, the Red Sox are first in their division and just brought up a 3rd baseman from Triple A. According to you, they should have stayed with Marrero.
I have no idea what the Red Sox are doing and I really don't care. Their success or failure has nothing to do with my interest level. I'm a Reds fan, I care what happens in Cincy. Didi, has marginally better stats that Cozart of the last 5 years, but the metric changed since that decision had to be made. You call him inferior based on a few stats, I look at Cozart for his stats and leadership, clubhouse presence, etc. Now I have no idea what Didi is like in the clubhouse, so while that may not be completely fair to him, I'm happy with our shortstop situation over the last 5 years. I would have loved Cozart to hit like he is this year 4 years ago, and he would too because he'd be making a heck of alot more money. But it is what it is.

Now, moving forward, I'd like to see Peraza at short next season. It's not a slam dunk as it may have been earlier in the year, but I'd guess the plan is he'll be the starting shortstop in '18. Like Zack, but it's time to move on.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-17, 11:39 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I have no idea what the Red Sox are doing and I really don't care. Their success or failure has nothing to do with my interest level. I'm a Reds fan, I care what happens in Cincy. Didi, has marginally better stats that Cozart of the last 5 years, but the metric changed since that decision had to be made. You call him inferior based on a few stats, I look at Cozart for his stats and leadership, clubhouse presence, etc. Now I have no idea what Didi is like in the clubhouse, so while that may not be completely fair to him, I'm happy with our shortstop situation over the last 5 years. I would have loved Cozart to hit like he is this year 4 years ago, and he would too because he'd be making a heck of alot more money. But it is what it is.

Now, moving forward, I'd like to see Peraza at short next season. It's not a slam dunk as it may have been earlier in the year, but I'd guess the plan is he'll be the starting shortstop in '18. Like Zack, but it's time to move on.
I couldn't careless what you think of the Red Sox. The point wasn't your interest level. The point was that teams, including successful ones like the Red Sox, went with the younger player with a higher ceiling. You said that wouldn't make sense. I'm saying the Reds should maybe look to follow the lead of more successful organizations instead of continuing to blunder.
Old 08-04-17, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Leadership and clubhouse presence.
Old 08-04-17, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
What kind of prospect is Jose Siri in Dayton? He has an impressive 39 game hitting streak going.
Old 08-05-17, 12:42 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Not as many as you seem to think. Maybe 5 more wins?
How would you know what I think? I have not expressed my views on it.
Old 08-05-17, 12:47 PM
All World

Quote:
Nope. I've already addressed that. Try again!
You think WAR is accurate in predicting wins?

Joey Votto has a 4.5 WAR this season.... if you think he is only worth 4 to 5 wins more than a replacement (ie. Minor leaguer) then you are an absolute moron!
Old 08-05-17, 12:49 PM
All World

Quote:
How many times are you going to move the goal posts of this argument? And why are you comparing Stubbs 2012 stats with Choo's 2013 stats?
I haven't moved them at all.

Stubbs was the CF/leadoff that Choo replaced. Why wouldn't they be compared?
Old 08-05-17, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
You think WAR is accurate in predicting wins?

Joey Votto has a 4.5 WAR this season.... if you think he is only worth 4 to 5 wins more than a replacement (ie. Minor leaguer) then you are an absolute moron!
They've won 45 games to date with Votto. It's very believable to me they'd have about 40 wins right now without him....which would be the second worst record in baseball. How many wins do you think they'd have now without Votto?
Old 08-05-17, 05:01 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
They've won 45 games to date with Votto. It's very believable to me they'd have about 40 wins right now without him....which would be the second worst record in baseball. How many wins do you think they'd have now without Votto?
Votto hits a slump after the All Star break and drops his average nearly 20 points..... Reds win at a .250 clip during that slump.

I'd say say without Votto this club might win 50 games all year. That would project to 33 wins at this point in the season.
Old 08-05-17, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Votto hits a slump after the All Star break and drops his average nearly 20 points..... Reds win at a .250 clip during that slump.

I'd say say without Votto this club might win 50 games all year. That would project to 33 wins at this point in the season.
So you think Votto's real WAR is 12 right now? And without him, they would be worse than the 2013 Astros?
Old 08-05-17, 10:49 PM
All World

Quote:
I couldn't careless what you think of the Red Sox. The point wasn't your interest level. The point was that teams, including successful ones like the Red Sox, went with the younger player with a higher ceiling. You said that wouldn't make sense. I'm saying the Reds should maybe look to follow the lead of more successful organizations instead of continuing to blunder.
I'm guessing the Red Sox are going with a young player with a high ceiling because they have no options. But again, I'm not concerned with them.

Not sure I'd call the Red Sox successful. They've been up and down like most organizations, and they have a bigger checkbook than most.
Old 08-06-17, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'm guessing the Red Sox are going with a young player with a high ceiling because they have no options. But again, I'm not concerned with them.

Not sure I'd call the Red Sox successful. They've been up and down like most organizations, and they have a bigger checkbook than most.
They had a great option in bringing up Devers. He's absolutely tearing the cover off the ball.

You wouldn't call the Red Sox a successful organization? So dumb.
Old 08-06-17, 12:27 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hamilton, Cozart and Votto! Roll, Reds.
Old 08-06-17, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

Way to jinx it!
Old 08-06-17, 01:39 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Word. That's a delete-worthy post.
Old 08-06-17, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

Homer's definitely in the rotation next year guys.
Old 08-06-17, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Again, just keep tanking and get the #1 pick.
Old 08-06-17, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
They had a great option in bringing up Devers. He's absolutely tearing the cover off the ball.

You wouldn't call the Red Sox a successful organization? So dumb.
That is incredibly dumb.
Old 08-06-17, 06:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That is incredibly dumb.
The Red Sox have had a top 5 payroll for the past 15 years...

That's a luxury the Reds will never know.
Old 08-06-17, 06:24 PM
All World

How much more does Tyler Mahle need to show before he gets called up?
Old 08-06-17, 06:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The Red Sox have had a top 5 payroll for the past 15 years...

That's a luxury the Reds will never know.
Does that somehow make 14red's comment that he's "not sure he would call the Red Sox successful" any less dumb?
Old 08-06-17, 06:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
How much more does Tyler Mahle need to show before he gets called up?
He'll be up in September.
Old 08-06-17, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How would you know what I think? I have not expressed my views on it.
I'm assuming. Based on how you brought it up, it appears you think it would be significant. Or at the very least more than the 5 wins I threw out there.
Old 08-06-17, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm assuming. Based on how you brought it up, it appears you think it would be significant. Or at the very least more than the 5 wins I threw out there.
Indiandad, why don't you just tell us how many more games the Reds would have won with Bailey, Disco and Finnigen healthy and playing a season instead of responding like a petulant baby?
Old 08-06-17, 08:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Does that somehow make 14red's comment that he's "not sure he would call the Red Sox successful" any less dumb?
Just pointing out the context of his original comment that you so conveniently overlooked.

Boston has made many mistakes in player evaluations that a budget twice the size of Cincinnati can cover up.

You want to act like that discrepancy does not matter or exist.
Old 08-06-17, 08:35 PM
All World

Quote:
There's the problem.... you assumed rather than engaging in a polite conversation and just asking my thoughts.
Old 08-06-17, 08:36 PM
All World

Quote:
Indiandad, why don't you just tell us how many more games the Reds would have won with Bailey, Disco and Finnigen healthy and playing a season instead of responding like a petulant baby?
You really aren't capable of conversing with out getting so frustrated that you feel the need to call others names, are you?
Old 08-06-17, 08:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just pointing out the context of his original comment that you so conveniently overlooked.

Boston has made many mistakes in player evaluations that a budget twice the size of Cincinnati can cover up.

You want to act like that discrepancy does not matter or exist.
Do you consider Boston a successful organization or not?
Old 08-06-17, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You really aren't capable of conversing with out getting so frustrated that you feel the need to call others names, are you?
Are you going to answer the question? I notice you are avoiding and dodging it.
Old 08-06-17, 09:38 PM
All World

Quote:
Homer's definitely in the rotation next year guys.
That's the most accurate thing you've put on here in awhile...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: