Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #2611  
Old 08-04-17, 11:24 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,984
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So in your opinion, you'd take an inferior player. Okay, got it. You're assuming Didi will be making more, there's no way of knowing that for sure. I haven't crucified every decision the club has made. You asked for a SS who put up similar or better production than Cozart for less money. Didi was brought up, someone who the Reds chose to part with. No, a warped fan thinks every decision the clubs makes is a good one, aka you. And that's weird, the Red Sox are first in their division and just brought up a 3rd baseman from Triple A. According to you, they should have stayed with Marrero.
I have no idea what the Red Sox are doing and I really don't care. Their success or failure has nothing to do with my interest level. I'm a Reds fan, I care what happens in Cincy. Didi, has marginally better stats that Cozart of the last 5 years, but the metric changed since that decision had to be made. You call him inferior based on a few stats, I look at Cozart for his stats and leadership, clubhouse presence, etc. Now I have no idea what Didi is like in the clubhouse, so while that may not be completely fair to him, I'm happy with our shortstop situation over the last 5 years. I would have loved Cozart to hit like he is this year 4 years ago, and he would too because he'd be making a heck of alot more money. But it is what it is.

Now, moving forward, I'd like to see Peraza at short next season. It's not a slam dunk as it may have been earlier in the year, but I'd guess the plan is he'll be the starting shortstop in '18. Like Zack, but it's time to move on.
Sponsored Links
  #2612  
Old 08-04-17, 11:39 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,105
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I have no idea what the Red Sox are doing and I really don't care. Their success or failure has nothing to do with my interest level. I'm a Reds fan, I care what happens in Cincy. Didi, has marginally better stats that Cozart of the last 5 years, but the metric changed since that decision had to be made. You call him inferior based on a few stats, I look at Cozart for his stats and leadership, clubhouse presence, etc. Now I have no idea what Didi is like in the clubhouse, so while that may not be completely fair to him, I'm happy with our shortstop situation over the last 5 years. I would have loved Cozart to hit like he is this year 4 years ago, and he would too because he'd be making a heck of alot more money. But it is what it is.

Now, moving forward, I'd like to see Peraza at short next season. It's not a slam dunk as it may have been earlier in the year, but I'd guess the plan is he'll be the starting shortstop in '18. Like Zack, but it's time to move on.
I couldn't careless what you think of the Red Sox. The point wasn't your interest level. The point was that teams, including successful ones like the Red Sox, went with the younger player with a higher ceiling. You said that wouldn't make sense. I'm saying the Reds should maybe look to follow the lead of more successful organizations instead of continuing to blunder.
  #2613  
Old 08-04-17, 12:02 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Leadership and clubhouse presence.
  #2614  
Old 08-04-17, 01:03 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
What kind of prospect is Jose Siri in Dayton? He has an impressive 39 game hitting streak going.
  #2615  
Old 08-05-17, 12:42 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Not as many as you seem to think. Maybe 5 more wins?
How would you know what I think? I have not expressed my views on it.
  #2616  
Old 08-05-17, 12:47 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Nope. I've already addressed that. Try again!
You think WAR is accurate in predicting wins?


Joey Votto has a 4.5 WAR this season.... if you think he is only worth 4 to 5 wins more than a replacement (ie. Minor leaguer) then you are an absolute moron!
  #2617  
Old 08-05-17, 12:49 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
How many times are you going to move the goal posts of this argument? And why are you comparing Stubbs 2012 stats with Choo's 2013 stats?
I haven't moved them at all.

Stubbs was the CF/leadoff that Choo replaced. Why wouldn't they be compared?
  #2618  
Old 08-05-17, 03:37 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
You think WAR is accurate in predicting wins?


Joey Votto has a 4.5 WAR this season.... if you think he is only worth 4 to 5 wins more than a replacement (ie. Minor leaguer) then you are an absolute moron!
They've won 45 games to date with Votto. It's very believable to me they'd have about 40 wins right now without him....which would be the second worst record in baseball. How many wins do you think they'd have now without Votto?
  #2619  
Old 08-05-17, 05:01 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
They've won 45 games to date with Votto. It's very believable to me they'd have about 40 wins right now without him....which would be the second worst record in baseball. How many wins do you think they'd have now without Votto?
Votto hits a slump after the All Star break and drops his average nearly 20 points..... Reds win at a .250 clip during that slump.

I'd say say without Votto this club might win 50 games all year. That would project to 33 wins at this point in the season.
  #2620  
Old 08-05-17, 05:25 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Votto hits a slump after the All Star break and drops his average nearly 20 points..... Reds win at a .250 clip during that slump.

I'd say say without Votto this club might win 50 games all year. That would project to 33 wins at this point in the season.
So you think Votto's real WAR is 12 right now? And without him, they would be worse than the 2013 Astros?
  #2621  
Old 08-05-17, 10:49 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,984
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I couldn't careless what you think of the Red Sox. The point wasn't your interest level. The point was that teams, including successful ones like the Red Sox, went with the younger player with a higher ceiling. You said that wouldn't make sense. I'm saying the Reds should maybe look to follow the lead of more successful organizations instead of continuing to blunder.
I'm guessing the Red Sox are going with a young player with a high ceiling because they have no options. But again, I'm not concerned with them.

Not sure I'd call the Red Sox successful. They've been up and down like most organizations, and they have a bigger checkbook than most.
  #2622  
Old 08-06-17, 09:06 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'm guessing the Red Sox are going with a young player with a high ceiling because they have no options. But again, I'm not concerned with them.

Not sure I'd call the Red Sox successful. They've been up and down like most organizations, and they have a bigger checkbook than most.
They had a great option in bringing up Devers. He's absolutely tearing the cover off the ball.

You wouldn't call the Red Sox a successful organization? So dumb.
  #2623  
Old 08-06-17, 12:27 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Idora Park
Posts: 2,609
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hamilton, Cozart and Votto! Roll, Reds.
  #2624  
Old 08-06-17, 01:08 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Way to jinx it!
  #2625  
Old 08-06-17, 01:39 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Idora Park
Posts: 2,609
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Word. That's a delete-worthy post.
  #2626  
Old 08-06-17, 02:52 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Homer's definitely in the rotation next year guys.
  #2627  
Old 08-06-17, 05:17 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Again, just keep tanking and get the #1 pick.
  #2628  
Old 08-06-17, 05:18 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
They had a great option in bringing up Devers. He's absolutely tearing the cover off the ball.

You wouldn't call the Red Sox a successful organization? So dumb.
That is incredibly dumb.
  #2629  
Old 08-06-17, 06:16 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That is incredibly dumb.
The Red Sox have had a top 5 payroll for the past 15 years...

That's a luxury the Reds will never know.
  #2630  
Old 08-06-17, 06:24 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
How much more does Tyler Mahle need to show before he gets called up?
  #2631  
Old 08-06-17, 06:32 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
The Red Sox have had a top 5 payroll for the past 15 years...

That's a luxury the Reds will never know.
Does that somehow make 14red's comment that he's "not sure he would call the Red Sox successful" any less dumb?
  #2632  
Old 08-06-17, 06:37 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
How much more does Tyler Mahle need to show before he gets called up?
He'll be up in September.
  #2633  
Old 08-06-17, 07:50 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,098
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
How would you know what I think? I have not expressed my views on it.
I'm assuming. Based on how you brought it up, it appears you think it would be significant. Or at the very least more than the 5 wins I threw out there.
  #2634  
Old 08-06-17, 07:53 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I'm assuming. Based on how you brought it up, it appears you think it would be significant. Or at the very least more than the 5 wins I threw out there.
Indiandad, why don't you just tell us how many more games the Reds would have won with Bailey, Disco and Finnigen healthy and playing a season instead of responding like a petulant baby?
  #2635  
Old 08-06-17, 08:33 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Does that somehow make 14red's comment that he's "not sure he would call the Red Sox successful" any less dumb?
Just pointing out the context of his original comment that you so conveniently overlooked.

Boston has made many mistakes in player evaluations that a budget twice the size of Cincinnati can cover up.

You want to act like that discrepancy does not matter or exist.
  #2636  
Old 08-06-17, 08:35 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I'm assuming. Based on how you brought it up, it appears you think it would be significant. Or at the very least more than the 5 wins I threw out there.
There's the problem.... you assumed rather than engaging in a polite conversation and just asking my thoughts.
  #2637  
Old 08-06-17, 08:36 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,954
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Indiandad, why don't you just tell us how many more games the Reds would have won with Bailey, Disco and Finnigen healthy and playing a season instead of responding like a petulant baby?
You really aren't capable of conversing with out getting so frustrated that you feel the need to call others names, are you?
  #2638  
Old 08-06-17, 08:42 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Just pointing out the context of his original comment that you so conveniently overlooked.

Boston has made many mistakes in player evaluations that a budget twice the size of Cincinnati can cover up.

You want to act like that discrepancy does not matter or exist.
Do you consider Boston a successful organization or not?
  #2639  
Old 08-06-17, 08:43 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,436
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
You really aren't capable of conversing with out getting so frustrated that you feel the need to call others names, are you?
Are you going to answer the question? I notice you are avoiding and dodging it.
  #2640  
Old 08-06-17, 09:38 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,984
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Homer's definitely in the rotation next year guys.
That's the most accurate thing you've put on here in awhile...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boys State Championships (1976-2016) Yappi Boys Soccer 1 03-20-17 01:02 AM
2015 Football Conferences Yappi Football 34 08-03-15 01:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz