Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Kirtland at Independence: Who's going to win this one???
Kirtland 8 100.00%
Independence 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-16, 08:09 AM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 5,525
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Week 6: Kirkland (5-0) at Independence (4-1)

It's September 26, 2016

Kirtland at Independence


Where: Independence

When: Friday September 30, 2016

Kick Off: 7:00 PM

Drew Pasteur: Kirtland +25

Weather Update

RAIN

HIGH: 66

LOW: 52

90% Chance of Rain

Wind: NE 9 mph




This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited by IUDOGS; 09-26-16 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-26-16, 10:37 PM
Kirtland Fan Kirtland Fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-13
Posts: 2,483
Kirtland Fan is on a distinguished road
The last time that Independence beat Kirtland was on September 28, 2007. The game was at Independence and the Blue Devils beat the Hornets 34-28 in double overtime. That game was on grass. This time it will be on a new turf field. Independence did a real nice job raising money for that new field. One of the nicer stadiums in D6, IMO.

This one will be much closer than the Pasteur point spread for sure.

Good luck to both teams!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Hornets!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-27-16, 06:56 AM
BlackandGold's Avatar
BlackandGold BlackandGold is offline
Go Black and Gold!
 
Join Date: 07-31-02
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,228
BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
This used to be one of the better small school rivalries in Northeast Ohio. Kirtland has simply dominated Independence the last several years. I'll believe Kirtland won't win by at least 4 touchdowns when I see it. Unfortunately, for the CVC Valley -- Kirtland's football program has out-grown the division. But...their enrollment has not.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-16, 08:02 AM
Kirtland Fan Kirtland Fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-13
Posts: 2,483
Kirtland Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post
This used to be one of the better small school rivalries in Northeast Ohio. Kirtland has simply dominated Independence the last several years. I'll believe Kirtland won't win by at least 4 touchdowns when I see it. Unfortunately, for the CVC Valley -- Kirtland's football program has out-grown the division. But...their enrollment has not.
Agreed. Even though Kirtland has dominated the CVC in the past 6 years or so, the annual Cuy. Hts. v. Kirtland game is still competitive and has replaced Independence as Kirtland's annual rivalry game.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-16, 11:14 AM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 5,525
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Week 6: Kirkland at Independence

It's September 27, 2016

Kirtland at Independence


Where: Independence

When: Friday September 30, 2016

Kick Off: 7:00 PM

Drew Pasteur: Kirtland +25

Weather Update

PM THUNDERSTORMS

HIGH: 68

LOW: 55

80% Chance of Rain

Wind: NE 7 mph




This is IUDOGS signing off.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-16, 11:55 AM
BlackandGold's Avatar
BlackandGold BlackandGold is offline
Go Black and Gold!
 
Join Date: 07-31-02
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,228
BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland Fan View Post
Agreed. Even though Kirtland has dominated the CVC in the past 6 years or so, the annual Cuy. Hts. v. Kirtland game is still competitive and has replaced Independence as Kirtland's annual rivalry game.
I hope Cuyahoga Heights can compete this week like they did last year and also for future seasons to sustain the rivalry. Last year was the first year in four seasons that Cuyahoga Heights played Kirtland to a final within two TDs. I hope the other schools in the division can improve their programs to compete as well. Currently, there is HUGE competitive gap between Kirtland's football program and the rest of the schools in the division. Kirtland's program is at the level of the better schools in the Chagrin, but I don't think it would benefit the big schools like West Geauga in D3 from a computer point perspective to lose to D6 Kirtland every year.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-16, 07:24 PM
Kirtland Fan Kirtland Fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-13
Posts: 2,483
Kirtland Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post
I hope Cuyahoga Heights can compete this week like they did last year and also for future seasons to sustain the rivalry. Last year was the first year in four seasons that Cuyahoga Heights played Kirtland to a final within two TDs. I hope the other schools in the division can improve their programs to compete as well. Currently, there is HUGE competitive gap between Kirtland's football program and the rest of the schools in the division. Kirtland's program is at the level of the better schools in the Chagrin, but I don't think it would benefit the big schools like West Geauga in D3 from a computer point perspective to lose to D6 Kirtland every year.
I'm really pleasantly surprised at this year's version of the Hornets. Kirtland only returns one starting O lineman this year, and is rotating in different players on offense, but their ground game just seems to keep chugging along.

It goes to show that you can have a very good system, and even average players can excel within that system.

Cuy. Hts. looks sharp so far this year, but I'm first interested to see how this young Kirtland team will do against a 4-1 Independence team this Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-28-16, 08:35 AM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 5,525
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Week 6: Kirkland at Independence

It's September 28, 2016

Kirtland at Independence


Where: Independence

When: Friday September 30, 2016

Kick Off: 7:00 PM

Drew Pasteur: Kirtland +25

WEATHER UPDATE


THUNDERSTORMS

HIGH: 70

LOW: 58

80% Chance of Rain

Wind: E 14 mph




This is IUDOGS signing off.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-16, 12:27 PM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 5,525
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Week 6: Kirkland at Independence

It's September 29, 2016

Kirtland at Independence


Where: Independence

When: Friday September 30, 2016

Kick Off: 7:00 PM

Drew Pasteur: Kirtland +25

WEATHER UPDATE


PM THUNDERSTORMS

HIGH: 71

LOW: 58

40% Chance of RAIN

Wind: E 14 mph




This is IUDOGS signing off.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-30-16, 09:17 PM
Kirtland Fan Kirtland Fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-13
Posts: 2,483
Kirtland Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland Fan View Post
The last time that Independence beat Kirtland was on September 28, 2007. The game was at Independence and the Blue Devils beat the Hornets 34-28 in double overtime. That game was on grass. This time it will be on a new turf field. Independence did a real nice job raising money for that new field. One of the nicer stadiums in D6, IMO.

This one will be much closer than the Pasteur point spread for sure.

Good luck to both teams!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Hornets!!!!!
Kirtland pulls out the victory, 27-11, and did not cover the Pasteur spread. I had a suspicion that this would be a closer game than projected.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-30-16, 09:23 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,655
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Hornets.

Nice game!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Complete Schedules/Results By Division/Region - SEASON COMPLETE EagleFan Archives 4 11-06-16 01:25 PM
Greater Cleveland Picks Contest, Week Two; Week One results Myron Football 48 09-02-16 04:19 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 38 12-17-15 01:07 PM
Region 19 State Duals Mark Adelman Wrestling 18 02-05-15 11:21 AM
Region 9 after week 9 (extreme analysis) teach1coach2 Football 2 10-28-14 07:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz