Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-06-18, 10:14 AM
All Region

sportfan97 is on a distinguished road
Week 8: Gahanna Lincoln (4-3) @ Lancaster (4-3)

Both teams coming off big conference wins. Gahanna over Reynoldsburg 10-7 and Lancaster over Pickerington Central 31-30.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-18, 05:50 AM
All Region

Lancaster has shown they can win in different ways on offense. For Example against Upper Arlington QB Tyler Monk had 4 passing touchdowns...against Pickerington Central the Gales rushed for almost 300 yards and scored all their touchdowns on the ground. This is probably the most complete offense I’ve seen Lancaster have in the last 2 decades in that they have a QB that can run and pass, running backs that are great between the tackles or the edge and also have ability to catch out of the backfield or lined up as receivers. An online that can both run block and pass block really well (Just ask Centrals defense). Receivers that have good size at 6’1” and 6’3” who run good routes, have good hands, and pretty decent speed.

Defensively the Gales have a great front 4 who defend against the run really well and can also pressure the QB, the linebackers play pretty well sideline to sideline and are solid tacklers. The db’s and safeties have been playing pretty well and have gotten better every week. The Gales are still prone to get out of position and give up big plays in games which bothers me.

Overall this team has worked hard all season to get better everyday and didn’t give up after losing their first 3 games. The rest of the season doesn’t get any easier for them this game and games against Pickerington North and Reynoldsburg still to come.

I honestly don’t know much about Gahanna this season but they always seem to have very good athletes at skill positions and big physical lineman on both sides of the ball.

Old 10-08-18, 08:10 PM
All Region

ttt

Old 10-09-18, 06:31 AM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
SF I realize you're still reeling from your 1 point last minute victory of PC but let's try to keep things in perspective. I see what you did there, took a little shot at PC's defense. You have now officially made my prayer list of teams I hope PC gets in the play-offs. Please don't forget PC was up 13 pts. with 5:35. to go and heading for the red zone when the self-inflicted miscues began. Were you dominating our defense at that point??? Was it fourth and forever when the "Hail Mary" happened?? Let's keep it real, other people besides you saw the game. As far as Gahanna goes I can tell you first hand they are a solid squad. Both teams (Lancaster and Gahanna) look good and I do agree with you that this is one of the best Gales teams in years. If they shore up their pass defense a bit they could make a good run in the play-offs for sure. Twice while watching the game the QB tricked my eyes with excellent ball fakes and I had to look around the field to see who had the ball. Amazing!
Old 10-09-18, 07:23 AM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
SF I realize you're still reeling from your 1 point last minute victory of PC but let's try to keep things in perspective. I see what you did there, took a little shot at PC's defense. You have now officially made my prayer list of teams I hope PC gets in the play-offs. Please don't forget PC was up 13 pts. with 5:35. to go and heading for the red zone when the self-inflicted miscues began. Were you dominating our defense at that point??? Was it fourth and forever when the "Hail Mary" happened?? Let's keep it real, other people besides you saw the game. As far as Gahanna goes I can tell you first hand they are a solid squad. Both teams (Lancaster and Gahanna) look good and I do agree with you that this is one of the best Gales teams in years. If they shore up their pass defense a bit they could make a good run in the play-offs for sure. Twice while watching the game the QB tricked my eyes with excellent ball fakes and I had to look around the field to see who had the ball. Amazing!
Keep it real...you lost stop making excuses
Old 10-09-18, 11:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
Keep it real...you lost stop making excuses
Well you know jv we have an old saying here in Picktown: Act like you've been there before. Since we've been to the state championship 3 times in 15 years We have been there before. We try to keep it a little humble,win or lose. Seeming how you trolled this thread that has 0 to do with your team you must've also seen the PC/Lancaster thread where I congratulated SF right after we lost and told him to enjoy the win. I really didn't think he'd wait 3 days then start talking smack. That's pretty bold for a 4-3 team. Oh well. it is what it is. Troll on jv!
Old 10-09-18, 12:05 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
Well you know jv we have an old saying here in Picktown: Act like you've been there before. Since we've been to the state championship 3 times in 15 years We have been there before. We try to keep it a little humble,win or lose. Seeming how you trolled this thread that has 0 to do with your team you must've also seen the PC/Lancaster thread where I congratulated SF right after we lost and told him to enjoy the win. I really didn't think he'd wait 3 days then start talking smack. That's pretty bold for a 4-3 team. Oh well. it is what it is. Troll on jv!

What smack did I start talking?

Old 10-10-18, 07:31 PM
All District

Big GLHS is on a distinguished road
Sportfan.....congrats to the Gales with the big win this past Friday over the Tigers........really didn't see Lancaster beating Central , or Gahanna Lincoln upsetting Reynoldsburg

Both the Golden Gales and Golden Lions have been "battle-tested" this season with strong schedules.........and both teams seem to have dramatically improved since the opening weeks

I always enjoy the vist to Fulton Field and very happy you have the new turf .....Lincoln put new turf in this year as well, and I believe Westerville Central also did......

I'd give the nod to the Gales in this game Friday , mostly because of the momentum with 4 straight wins, Lancaster is always a handful and Friday night the weather looks perfect !

Gosh....hard to believe that the Gales are in first place in the OCC OHIO !....nice work guys.....
Old 10-10-18, 09:10 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big GLHS View Post
Sportfan.....congrats to the Gales with the big win this past Friday over the Tigers........really didn't see Lancaster beating Central , or Gahanna Lincoln upsetting Reynoldsburg

Both the Golden Gales and Golden Lions have been "battle-tested" this season with strong schedules.........and both teams seem to have dramatically improved since the opening weeks

I always enjoy the vist to Fulton Field and very happy you have the new turf .....Lincoln put new turf in this year as well, and I believe Westerville Central also did......

I'd give the nod to the Gales in this game Friday , mostly because of the momentum with 4 straight wins, Lancaster is always a handful and Friday night the weather looks perfect !

Gosh....hard to believe that the Gales are in first place in the OCC OHIO !....nice work guys.....

This is always a good match up regardless of the teams records.

I’m actually worried about this game. The Gales have struggled over the years during Fairfield County Fair week. The kids are out of school a few days and seem to come out flat on Friday night during this week every year.

Old 10-11-18, 09:32 AM
All District

Ohio Blast is on a distinguished road
I still am dumbfounded that Pick Central threw the ball with a two score lead and only minutes left. It was so over that the stands were emptying. Thank you Sharrett!
Old 10-11-18, 10:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Blast View Post
I still am dumbfounded that Pick Central threw the ball with a two score lead and only minutes left. It was so over that the stands were emptying. Thank you Sharrett!
One pass shouldn't blow a two score lead
Old 10-11-18, 10:53 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfan97 View Post
This is always a good match up regardless of the teams records.

I’m actually worried about this game. The Gales have struggled over the years during Fairfield County Fair week. The kids are out of school a few days and seem to come out flat on Friday night during this week every year.

Yeah. It’s the combination of having some kids who do 4H/FFA/show “all week” and other kids just trying to soak up the fun and glory that is the Fairfield County Fair when you’re a high schooler. They better lay off those Lemonade/Lemon Shake-up (green/white bottle, yellow lid and green straw.) So good, but so damn sugary!
Old 10-11-18, 07:44 PM
All District

Gahanna Lincoln vs Lancaster

Since 2000 the Golden Lions and Golden Gales have played each other every year, and in 2006 they met twice with the Gales winning the regular season game 34-3 , and going undefeated 10-0. ........they played in week eleven and the Lions won 33-28......

..........This series is so even between Lincoln and Lancaster , with Gahanna winning 10 times and Lancaster with 9 wins.........

.........With realignment in the OCC in 2020 the Lions and Gales will be in different Divisions for the very first time since Lancaster joined the OCC in 1997, sure hope this will be a non - conference or a cross- over game after next year...
Old 10-11-18, 08:08 PM
All District

19 games......Golden Gales vs Golden Lions

2000.......Lions 26-20
2001.......Lions 28-20
2002.......Lions 50-49 2 OT.......( wild game and one of the best )
2003.......Gales 38-17
2004.......Gales 34-6
2005.......Gales 42-21
2006.......Gales 34-3
2006 part two.....Lions 33-28 playoffs
2007.......Gales 14-7
2008.......Lions 26-18
2009.......Gales 42-31
2010.......Gales 30-28
2011.......Lions 17-0
2012.......Lions 24-3
2013.......Gales 22-19
2014.......Lions 41-10
2015.......Lions 28-21 2 OT
2016.......Gales 21-18
2017.......Lions 49-36

Old 10-11-18, 09:36 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Will this game have a Radio or Internet Broadcast?
Old 10-11-18, 09:46 PM
All District

Gbsn radio

Smarty.... I believe GBSN Radio will call the game..........

.........they have done all of Gahanna Lincolns games this year, and do a great job.

.....The Gameday Broadcasting Sports Network.....
Old 10-11-18, 09:51 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big GLHS View Post
Smarty.... I believe GBSN Radio will call the game..........

.........they have done all of Gahanna Lincolns games this year, and do a great job.

.....The Gameday Broadcasting Sports Network.....
Thanks a lot
Old 10-12-18, 12:14 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
WLOH - Lancaster

On TuneIn Radio.
Old 10-12-18, 06:36 AM
All District

Ohio Blast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
One pass shouldn't blow a two score lead
But it did.....Pick 6 from a flipped field no less, 3 and out and then a hail mary catch. As opposed to 3 runs, forcing 3 timeouts and then forcing a predominately running team having to cover the entire field on TWO drives with less than 3 minutes left and no timeouts. NO WAY you can justify throwing the ball in that situation. Admit it Sharrett blew it.
Old 10-12-18, 07:04 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Blast View Post
But it did.....Pick 6 from a flipped field no less, 3 and out and then a hail mary catch. As opposed to 3 runs, forcing 3 timeouts and then forcing a predominately running team having to cover the entire field on TWO drives with less than 3 minutes left and no timeouts. NO WAY you can justify throwing the ball in that situation. Admit it Sharrett blew it.
...And wow what a shocker, on 5th down and the Gales last desperation attempt low and behold flags are coming from everywhere. I think the down marker guy even launched a handkerchief. The penalty as the refs saw it occurred on the 5 yd. line and the ball was placed at the 1" line. 1 is half the distance of 180" isn't it? Coach Sharrett took a shot and it back fired. It's over. We now have much bigger fish to fry then 4-3 Lancaster.
Old 10-12-18, 07:13 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Yeah. It’s the combination of having some kids who do 4H/FFA/show “all week” and other kids just trying to soak up the fun and glory that is the Fairfield County Fair when you’re a high schooler. They better lay off those Lemonade/Lemon Shake-up (green/white bottle, yellow lid and green straw.) So good, but so damn sugary!
Took my 88 yr. old mom down there yesterday. We had a great time. Nothing like a funnel cake and dippin' dots on a cool Thursday afternoon. Fair's and football! What an awesome week.
Old 10-12-18, 08:54 PM
All Region

Week 8: Gahanna Lincoln (4-3) @ Lancaster (4-3)

Gales Win this one 31-14.

Gahanna has some good athletes but in my opinion severely lacking in the Coaching department. They had to call time outs and took a delay of game penalty because they continually had trouble getting offensive plays into the huddle.

Good luck to the Lions the rest of the season.

Next up for Lancaster is @ Pick North

Old 10-12-18, 09:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfan97 View Post
Gales Win this one 31-14.

Gahanna has some good athletes but in my opinion severely lacking in the Coaching department. They had to call time outs and took a delay of game penalty because they continually had trouble getting offensive plays into the huddle.

Good luck to the Lions the rest of the season.

Next up for Lancaster is @ Pick North

0-3 to 5-3 great job Gales!