Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-15-15, 09:07 PM
Cooling Off

TheBigGulp can only hope to improve
I have many from my trips with him but one that stands out currently was probably one of the best.

Last year when we went to FL, I introduced LCD to Tinder. At the time I was dating the same girl I currently am and didn't have Tinder, but he convinced me to download it again so that he could give it a try (using my old profile). He had a window's phone which did not have Tinder at that time.

Now where we stayed was right around the theme parks in Orlando, you could be at Disney or Orlando Studios within 10-15 minutes. When we went, one of the theme parks was having a new reveal or something, I think it was a Stars Wars addition or something. As a result, there were tons of tourists both domestic and foreign in the general area.

I made a mistake and gave LCD my phone unsupervised and started doing something on my laptop in the back room. A decent amount of time had passed and I just started hearing LCD lol'ing in the living room and I walked out and he said, "I think I got you a few dates on Tinder for while we are down here."

There were about 10 conversations going.

The most PG rated conversation was him talking with some Scandinavian tub of lard 18 year old girl and he had a heck of a time trying to explain to her in English what aloe vera was and got her to buy in to going to Walgreens to pick up aloe vera and then coming to our house via cab to rub it on my sunburned shoulder blades.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-15, 09:33 PM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGulp View Post
I have many from my trips with him but one that stands out currently was probably one of the best.

Last year when we went to FL, I introduced LCD to Tinder. At the time I was dating the same girl I currently am and didn't have Tinder, but he convinced me to download it again so that he could give it a try (using my old profile). He had a window's phone which did not have Tinder at that time.

Now where we stayed was right around the theme parks in Orlando, you could be at Disney or Orlando Studios within 10-15 minutes. When we went, one of the theme parks was having a new reveal or something, I think it was a Stars Wars addition or something. As a result, there were tons of tourists both domestic and foreign in the general area.

I made a mistake and gave LCD my phone unsupervised and started doing something on my laptop in the back room. A decent amount of time had passed and I just started hearing LCD lol'ing in the living room and I walked out and he said, "I think I got you a few dates on Tinder for while we are down here."

There were about 10 conversations going.

The most PG rated conversation was him talking with some Scandinavian tub of lard 18 year old girl and he had a heck of a time trying to explain to her in English what aloe vera was and got her to buy in to going to Walgreens to pick up aloe vera and then coming to our house via cab to rub it on my sunburned shoulder blades.
hahahahahaaha!!! classic, Garret!

about 6 years ago the H&G family was getting ready to board a plane for Orlando right around thanksgiving. I don't do well with flying and the Ohio Sate v. scUM game was on so I go to a bar at the airport to have a few to calm my nerves...and there was LCD and the family kicking back. He shouts across the bar 'Damn Paparazzi is everywhere'...found out we were on the same flight and wound up sitting next to each other and talking for 2 hours without realizing we were flying. I'm going to really miss this guy. I feel badly for his family.
Old 09-16-15, 07:17 AM
All Ohio

Patrice O'Neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the stories guys. Keep em coming.
Old 09-16-15, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
I already miss him standing behind the Lakota West sideline yelling 'you suck, Cox' when West visited Colerain.
Lol. Hilarious.
Old 09-16-15, 10:28 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
For those that are interested in how LCD's quote made the national news on MSNBC, you can read the thread and article on NewsVine here:

"The Deed Is Done" - http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164148
Thread talking about switching party lines to vote for Hillary at Rush Limbaugh's suggestion on his radio show.

"Proof That Republicans Voted For Hillary" - http://isaacs.newsvine.com/_news/200...ed-for-hillary
An article from a Yappi regular (Badin Ram) who also unexpectedly passed away a few years ago.
Old 09-16-15, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Lotta classic posters in that thread, Yappi.

BadinRam's passing hit me, too.
Old 09-16-15, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
For those that are interested in how LCD's quote made the national news on MSNBC, you can read the thread and article on NewsVine here:

"The Deed Is Done" - http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164148
Thread talking about switching party lines to vote for Hillary at Rush Limbaugh's suggestion on his radio show.

"Proof That Republicans Voted For Hillary" - http://isaacs.newsvine.com/_news/200...ed-for-hillary
An article from a Yappi regular (Badin Ram) who also unexpectedly passed away a few years ago.
Thanks for the link. That takes me back. I had forgotten that it was CCF who had made the big stink about that (goodness gracious, THAT guy was nuts).
Old 09-16-15, 11:23 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
That thread was pretty telling of the mindset of many on this website. Anyone who believes one party has all the answers is simply locked into groupthink. I found it interesting that lcd was the one republican/conservative poster who said he could vote across party lines.

Quote:
There's plenty of Democrats I would vote for at a local and maybe even State level, just not at the Presidential level because the national party has gone kooky left. Unfortunately, most of those Dems are from regions of the Country I don't live in.
I can respect that.
Old 09-16-15, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Sad news, RIP LCD
Old 09-16-15, 06:27 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice O'Neal View Post
Love the stories guys. Keep em coming.
ya, no doubt.

It really makes me wish that these guys had done a kind of yappi Roast of LCD while he was with us. His running commentary and spin would have been hysterical.
Old 09-16-15, 06:32 PM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
We should have open mic night CABE! Roast just one person a night, each month, anything goes. Yappi deletes or archives. Brilliant Cabe
Old 09-17-15, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
RIP, LCD. He was the greatest heel in Yappi history.

(that's not an insult.)
Old 09-17-15, 05:35 PM
Moderated User

Junior Swingman is on a distinguished road
Sad news....he was such a character. I just talked to him at the Knotty Pine in early July. He was opinionated, irreverent and never backed down.

I will miss him and I know colgar, wherever he is will to. Those two used to double team some GCL posters and get them all riled up to the point you could feel them throwing up their hands in disgust.

I know him through my nephew, who played at Colerain with his brother and step brother. He was afraid on nothing. RIP Garrett aka LittleCardsDad
Old 09-17-15, 07:44 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
did colgar pass?

RIP my coletrain buddy!

jtk
()
Old 09-17-15, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
did colgar pass?

RIP my coletrain buddy!

jtk
()
Colgar goes by Junior Swingman on here now. So no he didn't pass.
Old 09-17-15, 08:35 PM
All Yappi

concha
This is very saddening.

I enjoyed LCD's humor and irreverence immensely.

Terrible loss...

May you rest in peace.
Old 09-18-15, 06:41 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Anyone have a link to his Obit?

:>---
Old 09-18-15, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
Colgar goes by Junior Swingman on here now. So no he didn't pass.
thanks! didn't know that. the old colgate goes by a alter. hard to believe!

jtk
()
Old 09-18-15, 11:48 AM
All American

HHW96
Just read on the football forum about his passing. Dropping by to pay my respects. LCD was great the few times I interacted with him here. Never got to meet him in person... RIP.
Old 09-18-15, 01:37 PM
Freshman

BillM85 is on a distinguished road
I have read his posts for years as an anonymous reader. So sorry to hear about this. Great guy, I feel terrible for his family. Always wish I could have met him.

Speaking of that, is there someone on here who can actually reveal his full name, so I can pay the proper respects on his obituary, instead of a nameless message board? His family deserves to hear from his fans. I posted on another forum about this issue, and some guy thought I was being a jerk. Go figure.
Old 09-18-15, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM85 View Post
I have read his posts for years as an anonymous reader. So sorry to hear about this. Great guy, I feel terrible for his family. Always wish I could have met him.

Speaking of that, is there someone on here who can actually reveal his full name, so I can pay the proper respects on his obituary, instead of a nameless message board? His family deserves to hear from his fans. I posted on another forum about this issue, and some guy thought I was being a jerk. Go figure.
http://www.newcomercincinnati.com/ob...incinnati-Ohio
Old 09-19-15, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
I haven't posted on the General Forum or Debate Forum in years, so I'm late in finding out, but I'm incredibly saddened to hear of LCD's passing. He and I butted heads quite often, but agreed in general about a lot of things. He was an entertaining poster and seemed like a great guy. RIP buddy.
Old 09-19-15, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
LCD was the ring bearer in former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Freddy Norman's wedding when he was six years old!
Old 09-19-15, 03:08 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Sad news. RIP. He always brought something to every conversation, whether just his knowledge and experience, or some of his downright hilarious posts.
Old 09-19-15, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
LCD was the ring bearer in former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Freddy Norman's wedding when he was six years old!
If anyone has a photo of the 6 yr old little LCD dancing with a bridesmaid and squeezing her butt, please post.
Old 09-19-15, 08:48 PM
All World

stxbomber43 is on a distinguished road
First time on yappi in quite some time, sorry to hear of his passing, RIP LCD
Old 09-19-15, 11:00 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
If anyone has a photo of the 6 yr old little LCD dancing with a bridesmaid and squeezing her butt, please post.
You are a very strange person.
Old 09-20-15, 04:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGulp View Post
You are a very strange person.
What? I just figured that he came by the hound tendencies naturally, and began at a very early age
Old 09-21-15, 01:49 PM
All American

wildbill044
Just saw this shocking news. LCD was entertaining yet also a very intelligent poster. I enjoyed reading most everything he put out. Even if it was to bash my Crusaders, still respected his opinions. This hits very close to home as we are similar posters and similar ages. Gulp, thanks for sharing stories. Would have been cool to meet him. I may have actually run into him a time or two if he hung out at the Knotty Pine. I'll go out there to catch a Flatline show from time to time if they are playing out there. Best wishes, thoughts and prayers to his family. He will be missed.
Old 09-22-15, 12:01 AM
Cooling Off

LCD did hang out at the Knotty Pine, so maybe you did meet him.

Another LCD story:

LCD used to work as a ride tech at King Island when he was in his mid to late teens-early 20s. He told me many different things about how he and his coworkers would mess with people but the most vivid would be what they used to do with visitor's cameras.

LCD said that people would leave their cameras in the old shelves before boarding the rides at Kings Island before they had boxes that closed. Someone would round up a few of the cameras and LCD would take them to the back and take pictures of his nether regions (and he would get some of the female workers to flash as well) and put the cameras back as if nothing happened. That all ended once KI finally found out what was happening. This wasn't just LCD and his fellow ride-workers, he said it was going on across the whole park.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: