Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-09, 10:07 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Interesting. I had just read some info where Latwan supposedly denied the transfer rumors.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-09, 10:56 PM
War Room

GencoEd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsfootball10 View Post
So LT transfers today , i guess the tombstone gets another one of our players
The Tombraider
Old 02-25-09, 07:07 AM
All Ohio

edssports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GencoEd View Post
The Tombraider
Heard the rumors, but he was at morning lift yesterday too. Also heard he may be ineligible for track. If thats the case then Glenville would be perfect for him where he could get his football scholarship and and not have to worry about the education.
Old 02-25-09, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

EagleSE
No elgibility problems for LT and track. Let's not spread rumors.
Old 02-25-09, 10:37 AM
All Region

EAGLEOFEDS is on a distinguished road
I know that he was indeed at school yesterday. If I was the betting type, I would guess if he truly is transferring, it might be do to the head coaching situation, or lack thereof. No news seems to be coming out of St. Edward regarding this situation. Hopefully this will be resolved sooner than later!

However, with the scholarship offers he has, I can't imagine it would be the best choice to choose Glenville over St. Edward for his senior year in high school. Wow, I would question his advisors on this one!
Old 02-25-09, 11:41 AM
All District

muscleboy
Is the Ursuline guy staying put?
Old 02-25-09, 12:38 PM
Varsity

edsfootball10 is on a distinguished road
if LT wants leave then let him i think we all can agree tht if he is more concerned about getting a ride to OSU and not about the team let him go to glenville where all the selfish people play and never win anything and only care about themselves
Old 02-25-09, 12:54 PM
All District

tenminuteman
I thought he was a Euclid kid? Don't tell me all the kids in Glenville don't live in Cleveland?
Old 02-25-09, 01:35 PM
All Ohio

Maybe Ginn sr. agreed to tutor him and pay for his lunch everyday. We have no coach to do that now.
Old 02-25-09, 05:52 PM
All American

ams eds fan
I don't know if LT wants to leave or not...
Old 02-25-09, 06:28 PM
Oderint dum metuant

JazzyJeff is on a distinguished road
It's a tad irresponsible to post rumors about the mindset of a 17-year old kid. Think before you post.
Old 02-25-09, 09:45 PM
Varsity

oldeaglefan
Heard from a student LT did transfer.....Student is a returning starter

Heard Finotti is the guy.....a lot of talk around Eagle High from the kids....Both of these are from students...

Take it for what it is worth
Old 02-25-09, 10:14 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff View Post
It's a tad irresponsible to post rumors about the mindset of a 17-year old kid. Think before you post.
Always the possibility that it isn't a rumor and that I heard it straight from LT, no? Perhaps you should think before you post.
Old 02-26-09, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams eds fan View Post
I don't know if LT wants to leave or not...
It would make sense that perhaps someone else made the decision for him seeing as how he personally denied the rumor just weeks ago in a scout.com interview.
Old 02-26-09, 01:57 PM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
I didn't realize that Latwan has offers from Michigan, Michigan St., Boston College, West Virginia, Iowa, UC and others.

The attched link has highlights from last year.

Old 02-26-09, 02:01 PM
All American

Henry37 is on a distinguished road
very impressive highlight video
Old 02-26-09, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=eaglepride;3551994]I didn't realize that Latwan has offers from Michigan, Michigan St., Boston College, West Virginia, Iowa, UC and others.

But when he does get that scholarship next year, many posters on here will credit Ginn for it.
Old 02-26-09, 03:30 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
It would make sense that perhaps someone else made the decision for him seeing as how he personally denied the rumor just weeks ago in a scout.com interview.
Interesting...

From what I understand he won't be leaving for a little while.
Old 02-26-09, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
The kiddies on cleveland.com are reporting that Mayfield defensive coordinator Ricky Finotti has been named head coach at St. Edward. Finotti is a 1992 VASJ grad and coached Benedictine's defense to the 2004 D3 state title. Last year's Mayfield defense shut out six straight opponents.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-26-09, 08:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
The kiddies on cleveland.com are reporting that Mayfield defensive coordinator Ricky Finotti has been named head coach at St. Edward. Finotti is a 1992 VASJ grad and coached Benedictine's defense to the 2004 D3 state title. Last year's Mayfield defense shut out six straight opponents.

Can anyone confirm this?
yes it was just announced on channel 3 news. will be an announcement tomorrow.
Old 02-27-09, 01:01 AM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
I know Reardon withdrew his name from the running quite a while ago. I was told his offered salary too and I'm kind of shocked he pulled out.
Old 02-27-09, 05:56 AM
All Region

ace
Bull

Coach Reardon may have had his reasons for not taking the St. Ed's job. But, THE URSULINE BOOSTERS GAVE HIM NOTHING. UHS loves Danny, we think he is a great coach, a better person. We want him to stay a long time. BOOSTERS GAVE HIM NOTHING>
Old 02-27-09, 09:32 AM
War Room

Well, at least he's Italian!

We all know how the Irish experiment worked out.....
Old 02-27-09, 09:42 AM
War Room

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_...08236&catid=45
Old 02-27-09, 10:28 AM
All Region

fanaticHSFB
solon comet

Finotti may be a good coach but he DID NOT lead benedictine's defense to a state title..he coached the D-line and had no input on the defense. The defense was lead by Joe Schiavone D-C. at Twinsburg now and Jack Whaley the Head Freshman coach at Benny now..They were Coordinators together and won back to back titles..finotti left benny to mayfield to be D.C..
Old 02-27-09, 11:33 AM
All Region

EAGLEOFEDS is on a distinguished road
Kind of bizarre that an official St. Edward announcement wasn't made yesterday at school. There is no school today and if this is true, sounds like the players will be the last to know.
Old 02-27-09, 12:01 PM
All American

sehs
I hope Finotti knows how to beat Ignatius and go far in the playoffs.
Old 02-27-09, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace View Post
Coach Reardon may have had his reasons for not taking the St. Ed's job. But, THE URSULINE BOOSTERS GAVE HIM NOTHING. UHS loves Danny, we think he is a great coach, a better person. We want him to stay a long time. BOOSTERS GAVE HIM NOTHING>

Wow, talk about a preemptive strike!

I don't think anyone accused the boosters of paying Reardon to stay. Or did I miss something?
Old 02-27-09, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
I guess the next big question will be who he chooses to be assistants. As I understand it, that was his predecessor's undoing.
Old 02-28-09, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

From Bucknuts.com:

http://bucknuts.com/news/articles/20...ransfer-rumors

One of the more intriguing prospects in the state of Ohio in the class of 2010 is Latwan Anderson from St. Edward High School. His highlight video on ScoutingOhio.com (see link below) is chock-full of big plays including long returns for scores, two via interceptions and one on a punt, on the very first three plays.

The 5-11, 185 pound safety/kick returner currently has offers from schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland, Duke, Cincinnati and West Virginia among others.

Its real exciting and really fun, said Anderson about the recruiting process thus far. A lot of schools have contacted me but Im trying to stay focused in school and not let it bother me too much. Ill just wait until next year to really look at the real big picture of it and everything. But its real exciting though.

As of right now it looks like schools in the Big Ten along with a couple of schools in the ACC and the Big East are showing the most interest in Anderson.

I dont want to say I like somebody else better than another, Anderson said, but if I had to go anywhere it would probably be in the Big Ten somewhere if I had to pick tomorrow.

The potential offers and opportunities appear to be endless for Anderson now.

At first it was kind of overwhelming because I didnt really expect it, he said. A lot of other people said this would happen but, at the time, I wasnt really into thinking that yeah Ill get all of these big offers in my junior year in high school. But basically now I just take it one day at a time since I know now that there are schools out there that actually look at me and want me at their school.

Hes been hearing a lot of the same sentiments from the coaches recruiting him about some of the things that have attracted him to their programs.

Most of the coaches that Ive talked to have all said the same thing about the fact that I just run around and hit people and I have real good ball skills, Anderson said. And that I can play corner or safety in any system and they all really like that.

Anderson is up for anything with respect to what his future on the gridiron might actually evolve into.

I would say that I can play on either side of the ball, it just depends on what team that I play for and what they need and what they need me to do, he said. I can play offense and defense at the same time but, as far as like since Ive been at Eds, Ive just been basically a defensive guy and return kicks. But some schools are saying wide receiver or corner but I dont know right now.

In his sophomore year for the Eagles, Anderson played corner and running back. And this past season, his junior year, he was playing strictly safety and played tailback and wide receiver and some quarterback in maybe four or five games. He intercepted four points as a junior.

Ive always been a defensive guy, Anderson said. I would rather play safety in college because I just like to hit people. Its just what I do. Id rather knock somebody out than get an interception. But with my size I feel that Ill probably end up playing corner or slot receiver or something.

The last big-impact player at safety for St. Edward is currently a member of the Ohio State Buckeyes.

I think I met him once when I shadowed before I went to Eds. But as far as holding a conversation with him or talking to him, Ive never really like talked to him at all, said Anderson referring to Nate Oliver. But when I went to Ohio State maybe two or three times I gave him a high five and said whats up to him and told him how everything is going at Eds.

Ohio State has yet to extend a scholarship offer to Anderson.

Early in the process I had contact with them a lot. I went down there maybe three or four times, Anderson said. But since things have picked up, I havent really been talking to them but my dad has. So I really dont know whats going on with them. He would know better than I would because Im really focusing on school right now. Whenever someone wants to talk to me I usually just have them talk to my dad and he lets me know.

He certainly is interested in Ohio State.

I think its a really great place to be. Its close to home, Anderson said. I went down to the Michigan-Ohio State game this past year and it was a real exciting place to be. I loved the atmosphere and the campus was amazing.

Its an exciting time for Anderson regardless of what school he ultimately ends up at in college.

Im really, really excited, he said. When I was younger I always wanted to be able to go to a big-time college and maybe one day go on to the NFL or something. But Im really excited just to have the opportunity to go visit all of these places and meet great people.

For now, Anderson hopes to help right the ship at St. Edward coming off a disappointing season in his junior campaign. Anderson has officially made up his mind to come back to St. Edward for his senior season.

I was in the process of maybe thinking about leaving there but Im not going anywhere now, said Anderson on Friday afternoon. Me and my dad squared it away (Thursday). Im staying there, thats where I want to be. Its a great place and I love everybody there.

St. Edward is in the process of hiring a new coach and Anderson is looking forward to meeting him.

I heard something about we have a new coach but I havent met him yet because were out of school today (Friday), Anderson said. I just want to meet him and get back to doing what we need to do to make the playoffs, of course beat St. Ignatius and try to make it back to the top.

According to WKYC Channel 3 News in Cleveland, St. Edward has hired Rick Finotti on Friday to take over the football program. Finotti, a graduate of VASJ, was previously the defensive coordinator at Mayfield High School.

I just heard we have one. I have no idea where hes from or what his name is, Anderson said. I wont know until Monday.

Beating St. Ignatius is certainly the main focus now for Anderson and the Eagles and the new coach after dropping consecutive games to the Wildcats last season.

It really took the wind out of us a little bit, Anderson said. But as far as for me, I felt worse than anybody. I felt like I played okay in our first game but not like I could have. Like Im known for doing. I felt like I let my team down so coming into the second week I felt like I had to pick everybody up and just play like Ive never played before, and I ended up getting hurt on a kick return or something. I ended up getting up a high ankle sprain so Im out of the game. And it just seemed like from there everything went down hill. I felt like I let them down again. I felt terrible.

Losing to Ignatius anytime is never a good thing if youre from St. Edward. And losing to them in the playoffs, especially in the manner that they did, 37-0, is infinitely times worse.

Its one of those things that I hate talking about. Every time somebody brings it up it irritates me really bad, Anderson said. And seeing all of the Ignatius guys all the time, its the only thing they talk about. They flash their rings and everything. Its a terrible feeling.

But Anderson came really close to not having another chance to redeem himself against St. Ignatius in a St. Edward uniform.

It was almost done, he said. My dad came up to the school and picked me up and everything and my locker was cleaned out. I gave all of my books back.

Obviously one last pitch was made to Anderson and his family by the St. Edward administration.

We sat down and talked with my principal and athletic director and everybody and they gave us time to think about it and options of what we could do, Anderson said. I basically just told my dad I didnt really want to leave anymore. Thats where I wanted to be.

Uncertainty of change with respect to the coaching situation seemed to be the main issue for him seriously contemplating a transfer.

It wasnt really about academics or anything or not wanting to be around the people that were there, Anderson said. We didnt have a football coach and we didnt know when we were getting one so I just didnt want to be in a situation where we had no idea of whats going on. And then the season would come around and we still didnt have a coach or we would have a guy that we didnt have any chemistry with or nothing. Or have someone who wants to come in and change everything and it puts all of the players in a bad situation. Thats really what it was about.

But Anderson claims all of that is behind him now.

As of right now Im staying there. Im not going anywhere, he said. Its my final decision. Thats where Im graduating from.

And if Anderson or the team doesnt mesh with the new coach?

Im settled on this. No matter who our coach is, this is where Ill be, Anderson said. Im pretty sure whoever he is, hell be a good guy.

Hes completely comfortable with his decision now to stay at St. Edward.

Im very comfortable, Anderson said.

And if things worked out between him and Ohio State somehow?

I hear a lot of people say that if Ohio State were to offer me I would instantly commit right there. That would be my final decision. Thats where I would go, said Anderson who attended a junior day at OSU back on Dec. 20. I would be very excited being from Ohio of course and most kids from Ohio that play football and want to go to college want to go there. But I wouldnt just say that if they offered me that yeah Im going there. But if they were to offer me Id be excited. I have cousins down there so I go down there a lot. But yeah I would love to be able to (at least) say that I have a chance to play for Ohio State.

As of right now, however, Anderson has no real front-runner among the schools that have offered him.

I really dont have a leader right now for where I want to go but my favorite school, I would probably say, is Michigan State right now, Anderson said. But I really dont know where I want to go but thats my favorite place right now.

Anderson, who has been clocked at 10.4 seconds in the 100 meters before and has recently run a 4.32-second 40-yard dash, has a 2.87 GPA and will be taking both the ACT and SAT for the first time in the coming months.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: