Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-11-08, 08:43 AM
All Ohio

WarriorDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by F/Bball View Post
here is my take
QB-Lavisky jr.
RB-Goodwin sr., Woods jr.
FB-Bates so.
OL-Hillow sr.
OL-Horton sr.
OL-Card jr.
OL-Wolf jr.
OL-Shwertner jr.
TE- ?
WR-Burke sr.
WR-Nate Stanley jr.WR-Warren sr.
WR-Latwan anderson jr.

DE-wiesenseal sr.
DT-browne sr.
DT-greene sr.
DE-Basalla sr.
LB-boland sr.
LB-caruso sr.
LB-haney jr.
LB-corcoran jr.
LB-staples jr.
CB-cunningham jr.
CB-prunty jr.
CB-baker so.
S-L. Anderson jr.
S-J. Wooley sr.
F/Bball, all in all a pretty darn good run-down and list. I'll offer a name for TE for you ---- Brendan Ebert Jr. , Brendan can also play FB and is quite a big specimen. Now at LB you bring up quite a good question, if Coach Nedz. what do you do with the talent that is Brad Staples? Do you make the FB position, the family business and like older brother Matt make Brad the starting FB? Or, do you make Brad the 2nd back behind D. Goodwin and bring him in on short yardage situations? Or, do you let Brad play only on the defensive side of the ball starting him in the middle (his natural position on defense)? Only time will tell. BTW, shout out to Edge who bought a raffle ticket from my son. Edge, he knew who your were when he went up to the door, how could he not, your light display is legendary as it is Griswaldian in reputation around the village (lol).
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-08, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

Edge86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDee View Post
Only time will tell. BTW, shout out to Edge who bought a raffle ticket from my son. Edge, he knew who you were when he went up to the door, how could he not, your light display is legendary as it is Griswaldian in reputation around the village (lol).
WD,

This next Christmas the goal is to have the house seen from outer space!
Old 04-11-08, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDee View Post
F/Bball, all in all a pretty darn good run-down and list. I'll offer a name for TE for you ---- Brendan Ebert Jr. , Brendan can also play FB and is quite a big specimen. Now at LB you bring up quite a good question, if Coach Nedz. what do you do with the talent that is Brad Staples? Do you make the FB position, the family business and like older brother Matt make Brad the starting FB? Or, do you make Brad the 2nd back behind D. Goodwin and bring him in on short yardage situations? Or, do you let Brad play only on the defensive side of the ball starting him in the middle (his natural position on defense)? Only time will tell. BTW, shout out to Edge who bought a raffle ticket from my son. Edge, he knew who your were when he went up to the door, how could he not, your light display is legendary as it is Griswaldian in reputation around the village (lol).
I seem to be hearing good things about Staples at the linebacker position. I say line him up in the middle alongside Boland for the makings of a very formiddable linebacking corp. I also think he should come in to spell Goodwin on occasion in the short yardage situations. The kid is a bowling ball and I dont think I've ever seen him fall backwards.
Old 04-12-08, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

EagleSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge86 View Post

Just wanted to pop my head in to see how the old gang was doing? Didn't see any thread and thought that maybe the Big Green Machine thread might have run out of gas since I left?

WarriorDee,
I hope things are well with you. Your son came to my door a couple months ago and my siberian huskie greeted him. We bought a St.Edward raffle ticket from him and he said he was searching for a Edge86. I told him I haven't heard that name in a long time. He said, You know him? I said, "I should because it's me."

EagleSE,
Need to talk to you sometime soon!

I know things are looking up with a young Eagles football team. Last years undefeated freshman team was loaded with talent. Can anyone give me a potential starting lineup for the 2008 season?

Hope everyone is doing well. St.Ignatius and Harding friends too!
I thought you waz dead.

To quote one of my favorite John Wayne movies.

Edge PM me when you have a chance.
Old 04-12-08, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

EagleSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ams eds fan View Post
I hope that Coach Nedz can settle on one primary RB. I really think Goodwin was way under utilized last season. Not to mention the fact no back could get some rhythm going.
You might remember that Dom had his knee scoped right at the beginning of practices this past year and was out for several weeks. Tough to get in the flow of a new offense when you miss all the double sessions and scrimmages.
Old 04-12-08, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

EagleSE
I believe the Eagles have ample talent to compete this year better then last year. The problem is the tough schedule and how much depth the Eagles will have to replace players who might miss a week or two during the season. Even more important is the Eagles heading into the last few games fairly injury free.

A good start out of the gates this year is imperative.
Old 04-13-08, 03:15 PM
Freshman

eaglefan32 is on a distinguished road
this eds team will be much tougher because the returning players are going to be accustomed to the system, plus the team is deep at many positions. look for a solid 7 or 8 win season from the eagles this year
Old 04-14-08, 03:56 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
8 wins on that schedule would be outstanding. 6 may be a more legitimate target/prediction, but will that get them enough points?...
Old 04-14-08, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
8 wins on that schedule would be outstanding. 6 may be a more legitimate target/prediction, but will that get them enough points?...
Considering St. Eds was No. 9 last year with only four wins, I think six would be virtually a lock. But anything could happen with those unpredictable harbins.
Old 04-16-08, 09:09 AM
Varsity

oldeaglefan
Before I make this statement. I don't want it to come off as if I think we are going to or should win a champioship every year.

Here it is, however over the last say 6 years I've heard nothing but how amazing our talent is that we are getting. I see the schedule and know who's on it, but why can't we? or believe! or expect! that we should be winning not just 8-9 games a year but 12-13.

I can live with last year as a transition year. I'm tired of all the talk I here being 5-6 wins as a good thing. In our consecutive playoff run (not counting the forfeit year,which was 8/9 and ending up being 5/6) the lowest regular season win total was 7 I think, and that team was state runners up.

We should compete and beat both X and Iggy regualry. Again I believe in the last four years we are 1-2 against X and 2-2 against Iggy.
Old 04-16-08, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

I think with the amount of talent entering the school the players at St. Edward should have high expectations of playing for a state title over the next couple of years.
Old 04-16-08, 01:05 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Let's hope so, Edge (and welcome back!)
Old 04-17-08, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

If anyone has been paying attention to the Eagle track team this year, you might have noticed some football players turning in some very good times. In their most recent meet, sophomore Latwan Anderson took both the 100 and 200 in times of 10.6 and 21.8. Sophomore Seth Cunningham has also been running the 200 consistently in the mid to low 22 second range. I really hope the rumors about an Anderson transfer turn out to be false, as I would love to have these two speedsters on the corners next year.
Old 04-18-08, 12:54 AM
Junior Varsity

F/Bball
latwan isn't going anywhere....and those times were hand times very impressive but still hand times seth is a little faster in the 200 but in west virginia last weekend latwan took the 100 in 10.82 and seth took the 200 in 22.3 those were FAT timing
Old 04-18-08, 08:38 AM
All American

Bengal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
I really hope the rumors about an Anderson transfer turn out to be false, as I would love to have these two speedsters on the corners next year.
Is this a grades issue or has the "tomb raider" (TGS) struck again?
Old 04-18-08, 09:08 AM
Freshman

all i know is TGS better watch his step around eds or coach nedz will handle him
Old 04-18-08, 09:23 AM
Freshman

everyone ignore SgtButPirate....hes bald and he isnt cool at all. he wastes his whole study hall leaving insignificant comments on yappi's boards.
Old 04-18-08, 04:32 PM
All Yappi

EagleSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefan32 View Post
all i know is TGS better watch his step around eds or coach nedz will handle him
New OHSAA rules put into effect this year will make it much more difficult for students to transfer to other schools, even within the same school district. It will be interesting to see if Tomb Raider will be able to draw some kids out of the other Cleveland public high schools. Although I don't think he will need any transfers next year as Glenville has plenty of talent.
Old 04-21-08, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Does either sophomore Latwan Anderson or Seth Cunningham play the running back position? If so how did they perform at the freshman or junior varsity level?

EagleSE, Any news to report on my 160?
Old 04-21-08, 05:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge86 View Post
Does either sophomore Latwan Anderson or Seth Cunningham play the running back position? If so how did they perform at the freshman or junior varsity level?

EagleSE, Any news to report on my 160?
Not sure about their freshman years, but Anderson played running back and saw some time as the nickel back towards the end of the year on varsity. Cunningham was a starting cornerback on varsity. There were a plethora of talented sophomore running backs that saw varsity time this year including Anderson, Woods, and Staples. Anderson has the best top end speed, Staples is a great short yardage back, and I thought Woods had the best field vision from what I saw during his carries against Euclid. Overall production from these backs was average on the varsity level, but none of them really got a steady flow of carries. However, each back had their moments and all have good upside. Personally I'd like to see Anderson man the corner opposite Cunningham next season.
Old 04-23-08, 12:37 PM
All Yappi

With Lavisky looking to be the starting QB for the next two seasons who would be the #2 QB waiting in the wings from among the freshman and sophomores?
Old 04-23-08, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

edssports is on a distinguished road
I do not remember the jv quarterback from last year, but i believe the quarterback on the freshman A team was Plagans and Burke was the B team quarterback. Both were very good.
Old 04-24-08, 12:18 PM
All Ohio

WarriorDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by edssports View Post
I do not remember the jv quarterback from last year, but i believe the quarterback on the freshman A team was Plagans and Burke was the B team quarterback. Both were very good.
I believe the JV quarterback's name is Jake Myneburg (sp? ).
Old 04-24-08, 12:29 PM
Varsity

edsfootball10 is on a distinguished road
jake mienbrg was the jv quarterback last year he was alright but throw alot of INts, also i heard that wolff was going to play defense this year unless they need him at guard, there also is a nike combine at eds on the 24
Old 04-24-08, 01:14 PM
All Ohio

WarriorDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsfootball10 View Post
jake mienbrg was the jv quarterback last year he was alright but throw alot of INts, also i heard that wolff was going to play defense this year unless they need him at guard, there also is a nike combine at eds on the 24

edsfootball quick question, what time is the combine today? I take it you are a student/player? If so, you probably know my one son.
Old 04-25-08, 11:27 AM
Varsity

the nike sparq combine was a good combine. many guys did well but overall it was a decent combine, for any linemen though it was kinda of slated against them, because there was no bench press it was a medicine ball throw. Also the 40s were pretty slow but the nike guy said to shave .2 off anyones time because the lasers are slow
Old 04-25-08, 11:29 AM
Varsity

and for Edge, cunningham played a little RB his frosh year but was not that great, and LT played some RB this year on JV but was really bad he always tried to do to much
Old 04-25-08, 12:32 PM
All American

fallsdog is on a distinguished road
warrior,

any of those names saint raphael grads? i figure, as long as the aren't going to avon lake...
Old 04-25-08, 01:39 PM
All Ohio

WarriorDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsdog View Post
warrior,

any of those names saint raphael grads? i figure, as long as the aren't going to avon lake...
None of the names mentioned above are St. Raphael grads. St. Edward class of 2009 and 2010 did not have many St. Raphael football alums. Out of the St. Edward class of 2010, I think that my son is the only player left playing that has a St. Raphael football lineage
Old 04-25-08, 01:40 PM
All Ohio

WarriorDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsdog View Post
warrior,

Speaking of St. Raphael/St. Edward football alums., what is the word on the street about Ryan Keenan? What does the new season look like for Ryan in Green Bay?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: