Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-15-18, 08:19 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,040
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I was going to say, I never bet bc I didn’t want to associate with shady people. Now, you’ll probably be able to place live bets on your phone. The industry is going to explode very quickly.
You can already do that though.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-15-18, 08:50 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Yes and no. It will rise for sure but the money will mostly be from idiot degens and not serious big time gamblers. Their money will stay overseas in online accts. Casinos cant match rebates, promos, odds, tax breaks, juice etc that online companies can. They actually cater to the player, foreign concept here. Casinos have much bigger overhead and with juice likely rising, smart money from syndicates will remain overseas

If you read the article I posted from Bloomberg about that gambler in Hong Kong, that is where I believe the big syndicates will move towards. Real time, live betting on scenarios that can be stats driven. We already see it in parimutuel wagering like fantasy sports and horse racing. These syndicates have their algorithms and they really just take advantage of us little guy, dumb gamblers. If people really knew how they have no shot against these syndicates on sites like draft kings they would never play it. I think the syndicates will remain in parimutuels heavily and also get involved in real time,scenario betting. That is where they have the biggest edge imo.

They have a huge edge in parimutuel wagering vs wagering against the house.

Honestly with juice and other expenses quickly lining up I am not sure how profitable it will be for either side. In the long run changes will have to be made to adapt to this. If they dont, over the course of time, I dont think it will be as profitable as many think. Yes it will make money, we will see a boom in bets placed from dumb money, and it will be a huge business (like it already is). There is reason for some skepticism from a gamblers perspective




Been following this pretty closely for a couple years now bc a race track was the main driving force behind this. Monmouth Park in two weeks will already have a sportsbook. Hats off to them and other people in the racing biz for making this possible
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-15-18, 08:58 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Saw people on twitter say it is crazy to think bookies wont be around in 10 years. I think bookies will see this as a good thing. There will always be a market for people who want to bet on credit. They also will have a competitive advantage over most sportsbooks. They wont be affected by the potential integrity fee am d tax regulations etc.

Also not every state will get behind this, like Texas
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-15-18, 09:01 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
To be clear I am not OBCFing/Nokiaing/BigShorting the gambling industry. Just pointin out a few things they will have to overcome from a gamblers perspective. (Mainly focused on big time whale money) juice and higher expenses dont matter to the common weekend warrior. They will place bets no matter what.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-15-18, 09:20 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Be interesting to see if the Indian Casinos will get favorable legislation in certain states like New Mexico that will give them better tax rates or even a potential monopoly for a few years.

I wonder what the start up is for making an operating software online to take bets?

Also hearing some states (bc of casino lobbyists) want it to be brick and mortar gambling (not online, in person) for a few years to give casinos and race tracks a leg up in competing and driving up attendance . Would be stupid imo.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-15-18, 09:42 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,114
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Anything else you want to add, Turpin?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-15-18, 09:57 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,466
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
How long before sports organizations demand a cut from betting parlors/sportsbooks/online. How much will that cut be? How will it affect the "juice". Gonna see sports gambling potentially take a hit as far as fair odds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I see this as a huge positive for horse racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
CDI up around 6% today.

They have a presence nationally but the big ticket, Churchill Downs is in Kentucky, and Bevin said he won't pass legislation support sports books.

Red Mile would be popping if they had a sportsbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leg...e-revenue/amp/

Integrity fees being written into legislation is one way they will have "leverage"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/apnews....75eeee14e4d9ec

Mlb and NBA want 1%. They want money, they are interested, and they will get some compensation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Huge positive for black market bookies IMO. Their operating expenses remain the same. They can offer better value in terms of "juice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
There is already similar legislation in regards to horse racing and other entities making money off of their product (races).

Sites that offer tourneys like Derby Wars (not run by a track) have to give a percentage of their earnings to the tracks that they offer tournaments for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.17ff851d80d6

From the article

11 a.m.

The NCAA’s chief legal officer says the organization is still reviewing the Supreme Court’s decision but adds that it “will adjust sports wagering and championship policies to align with the direction from the court.

Donald Remy added that the NCAA is reviewing the decision “to understand the overall implications to college sports.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Clarifying something in this previous post.

Would like to point out it this is because of parimuuel betting so the legislation may not apply to regular sports betting since it isnt parimutuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...se-racing-code

This is an article about arguably the best gambler in the world.

Auggie and to anyone else


This is a great article outlining the way gambling takes place on the big stage. Syndicates with computers and algorithms. Sports gambling, in the future you described auggie, will be dominated by these syndicates using tools just like this but into plate appearances and tons of other plays like that

This dude is my hero. Long article but well worth the read. I highly reccomend it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Waiting 3+ hours for a sub even money bet. real good value in sports betting.

This isnt directed at you pboy. Just sports gambling people in general. Which will likely be myself since I am a degen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Evan you are the man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Probably not conducive to getting more bets from their clientele.

Bring on the cocaine and alcohol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Yes and no. It will rise for sure but the money will mostly be from idiot degens and not serious big time gamblers. Their money will stay overseas in online accts. Casinos cant match rebates, promos, odds, tax breaks, juice etc that online companies can. They actually cater to the player, foreign concept here. Casinos have much bigger overhead and with juice likely rising, smart money from syndicates will remain overseas

If you read the article I posted from Bloomberg about that gambler in Hong Kong, that is where I believe the big syndicates will move towards. Real time, live betting on scenarios that can be stats driven. We already see it in parimutuel wagering like fantasy sports and horse racing. These syndicates have their algorithms and they really just take advantage of us little guy, dumb gamblers. If people really knew how they have no shot against these syndicates on sites like draft kings they would never play it. I think the syndicates will remain in parimutuels heavily and also get involved in real time,scenario betting. That is where they have the biggest edge imo.

They have a huge edge in parimutuel wagering vs wagering against the house.

Honestly with juice and other expenses quickly lining up I am not sure how profitable it will be for either side. In the long run changes will have to be made to adapt to this. If they dont, over the course of time, I dont think it will be as profitable as many think. Yes it will make money, we will see a boom in bets placed from dumb money, and it will be a huge business (like it already is). There is reason for some skepticism from a gamblers perspective




Been following this pretty closely for a couple years now bc a race track was the main driving force behind this. Monmouth Park in two weeks will already have a sportsbook. Hats off to them and other people in the racing biz for making this possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Saw people on twitter say it is crazy to think bookies wont be around in 10 years. I think bookies will see this as a good thing. There will always be a market for people who want to bet on credit. They also will have a competitive advantage over most sportsbooks. They wont be affected by the potential integrity fee am d tax regulations etc.

Also not every state will get behind this, like Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
To be clear I am not OBCFing/Nokiaing/BigShorting the gambling industry. Just pointin out a few things they will have to overcome from a gamblers perspective. (Mainly focused on big time whale money) juice and higher expenses dont matter to the common weekend warrior. They will place bets no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Be interesting to see if the Indian Casinos will get favorable legislation in certain states like New Mexico that will give them better tax rates or even a potential monopoly for a few years.

I wonder what the start up is for making an operating software online to take bets?

Also hearing some states (bc of casino lobbyists) want it to be brick and mortar gambling (not online, in person) for a few years to give casinos and race tracks a leg up in competing and driving up attendance . Would be stupid imo.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-15-18, 10:05 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Says the guy who thinks big sports orgs wont get a cut
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-15-18, 10:08 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Anything else you want to add, Turpin?
im sure there will be more.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-15-18, 10:08 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,466
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Turpin approaching Weirdo territory with the consecutive posts.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-15-18, 10:09 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I am weirder than him.

Check the derby thread, basically a running blog lol
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-15-18, 10:23 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,163
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Turpin is going to homeskool his kids.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-15-18, 10:24 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Is there any other way? I am definitely going to go on an online message board and brag about them, complain about fit bit challenges they lost, accuse other kids of cheating, complain about transfers in high school, and lie about how well acclimated and normal they are
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-15-18, 10:46 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,163
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Lol. Good plan.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-15-18, 12:01 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,053
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
ronnie as soon as you have an answer to that question, I'll make you President of the US. I have no idea what the answer to that question is. We make it easy for people to be poor in America.
Freedom is such an awful thing. Everybody should just do what our leaders say is best for us.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-15-18, 01:17 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,657
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Freedom is such an awful thing. Everybody should just do what our leaders say is best for us.
chs, sadly for some people they would be alot better off if someone just told them what to do, they can't think for themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-15-18, 01:30 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,163
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
14red is the reason we have warnings on plastic bags to not put over your head.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-15-18, 01:34 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,114
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
chs, sadly for some people they would be alot better off if someone just told them what to do, they can't think for themselves.
Anyone see the irony in this post?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-15-18, 01:44 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,292
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
chs, sadly for some people they would be alot better off if someone just told them what to do, they can't think for themselves.
Spoken like a good Republican.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-15-18, 02:00 PM
queencitybuckeye queencitybuckeye is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,323
queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
chs, sadly for some people they would be alot better off if someone just told them what to do, they can't think for themselves.
Really, is a life controlled by others better than one where I make my own decisions and live with the consequences, good or bad?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 05-15-18, 02:01 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,163
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Anyone see the irony in this post?
He lets someone tell him what he’s worth.....no raise in 5 yrs.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-15-18, 02:09 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,657
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
14red is the reason we have warnings on plastic bags to not put over your head.
No EP, what I see every day in the paper and TV, and hear on the radio is why those warnings are on there...but mainly lawyers.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-01-18, 02:39 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ion-in-damages

Pretty dumb lawsuit. 150 million lol. Good luck beating all those sports leagues in court.

Btw NJ got this law changed and Delaware will have gambling before them lol
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-01-18, 03:12 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
All Universe
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 20,843
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
As far as I am concerned the "Horsemen" can get lost
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-01-18, 04:13 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Agreed
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-01-18, 10:34 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,357
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
What in the hell are the Horseman doing? Where's their legal advice coming from?

There's currently "In-Game" betting on many websites but it hasn't reached play-by-play yet. Would be tough with tape delays even though they're only a few seconds at this point. They'll need to come up with an in-depth way to come up with odds quickly without the human element being involved.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-02-18, 06:55 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Exchange betting is pretty wild
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-02-18, 07:03 AM
OhioBobcatFan06 OhioBobcatFan06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-06-05
Location: ohio bobcats hoops
Posts: 18,267
OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
To be clear I am not OBCFing/Nokiaing/BigShorting the gambling industry. Just pointin out a few things they will have to overcome from a gamblers perspective.
To be clear, I am long gambling

Can’t wait for some new gambling app like Fanduel to catch on (or expanded features from fanduel itself which I see as heavily likely)

Also can’t wait to see what kind of odd app they are giving on picking mid’s to win a national championship in hoops in 2022
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-11-18, 05:31 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 50,087
Yappi will become famous soon enough
New Jersey sports betting now legal as Gov. Phil Murphy signs bill into law

Quote:
New Jersey has become the second state behind Delaware to legalize sports betting following last month's landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling, opening a new market of state-sanctioned gambling expected to lift the fortunes of racetracks and increase the allure of Atlantic City as a destination.

After weathering days of criticism for not promptly taking action, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Monday afternoon he had signed the bill. But even though the bill takes effect immediately, Murphy's office said wagers won't be allowed before Wednesday, when the New Jersey Racing Commission will hold a meeting to review regulations related to the establishment of sports betting at New Jersey racetracks.
Read more:
https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...law/691613002/
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-11-18, 05:42 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
New Jersey sports betting now legal as Gov. Phil Murphy signs bill into law



Read more:
https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...law/691613002/
Amazing it took this long. What a bunch of idiots
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proposed Ohio law would allow international students at Gilmour to play sports Auggie Football 17 06-19-17 07:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz