Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-24-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I would never wish that upon Negan.
Now, lets say that Negan defeats Rick, Carl is still alive so Negan becomes Carl's father which would make Madison Carl's mom.....

That would be worth it for me.....
Old 04-25-18, 07:20 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Lol
Old 04-30-18, 10:10 PM
All Yappi

What the heck, they just killed off my favorite character and the most interesting character on Fear..... This show is killing off the wrong people.... Madison and Daughter need to go......
Old 05-01-18, 07:09 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
What the heck, they just killed off my favorite character and the most interesting character on Fear..... This show is killing off the wrong people.... Madison and Daughter need to go......
I share your sentiments Vamp and as the show progressed I allowed myself to hope that maybe it was Madison who got wasted.

But disappointment in who got killed aside, this weeks episode was brilliantly structured and packed a real emotional wallop and surprised the heck out of me. Contrast that with how folks "die" on the Walking Dead where the warning signs are presented in 100 foot neon.
Old 05-01-18, 10:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I share your sentiments Vamp and as the show progressed I allowed myself to hope that maybe it was Madison who got wasted.

But disappointment in who got killed aside, this weeks episode was brilliantly structured and packed a real emotional wallop and surprised the heck out of me. Contrast that with how folks "die" on the Walking Dead where the warning signs are presented in 100 foot neon.
All great points. Still did not like seeing Nick go.
Old 05-15-18, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

What was the point of last week's episode? Another who cares back story that could of been told in 5 minutes but is drawn out over an entire episode. If you already know they survived then there is no suspense when they got attacked by the horde of walkers. What was drawing the walkers to jump off the bridge to begin with??? It made no sense.
Old 05-15-18, 06:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What was the point of last week's episode? Another who cares back story that could of been told in 5 minutes but is drawn out over an entire episode. If you already know they survived then there is no suspense when they got attacked by the horde of walkers. What was drawing the walkers to jump off the bridge to begin with??? It made no sense.
It looks like FTWD has caught the same disease that WD caught. I guess Morgan may be the disease vector.

As an aside, contrast this season of FTWD, with it's ridiculous non-linear story line, to last seasons tightly paced story ark. There is no comparison as last seasons episodes were harrowing & exciting as they drove to a major climax.
Old 05-16-18, 08:53 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I developed a real positive view of the cowboy. It is a shame that they have him whining like a little girl over shooting someone who clearly needed to be shot. I hope he redeems himself with some much needed badassary.
Old 05-29-18, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Wow Rick and Maggie leaving The Walking Dead during the next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-18, 06:22 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Wow Rick and Maggie leaving The Walking Dead during the next season.

They just need to call it quits after next Yr.
Old 05-29-18, 07:13 PM
All World

They should use this show as an example of how you can ruin a great thing.
Old 05-29-18, 10:20 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
There is probably a merger on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-18, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
There is probably a merger on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

$5 says they kill off Rick, merge the shows, and Morgan blames himself because he left.

Old 05-30-18, 04:55 PM
All World

$5 says no one really cares anywhere near the way they used to? They could have finished the original TWD by now and had a kick- ending and then had 2 or 3 spin-offs but this is what happens when a nerd comic book guy gets overly involved and the network starts to believe they can put anything on screen and it will work. Almost did because the premise was so great.
Old 06-09-18, 07:09 AM
All Yappi

Anyone out there still watching FTWD? While the show is still better then the WD it seems to have caught the meandering narrative sickness plaguing the WD.

I also suspect the person who directs the fire fights in WD has also moved to FTWD as they're now shooting up cars & trucks with what appears to be unlimited ammunition!
Old 06-09-18, 09:11 AM
All World

Quote:
Anyone out there still watching FTWD? While the show is still better then the WD it seems to have caught the meandering narrative sickness plaguing the WD.

I also suspect the person who directs the fire fights in WD has also moved to FTWD as they're now shooting up cars & trucks with what appears to be unlimited ammunition!
The last episode just about did it for me. The two kids leaving the stadium when they know a big fight was coming, to look for a bad guy who was dying anyway made absolutely no sense and had me screaming at the TV.

The cowboy and the reporter are the only characters in whom I have any interest.
Old 06-09-18, 12:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
The last episode just about did it for me. The two kids leaving the stadium when they know a big fight was coming, to look for a bad guy who was dying anyway made absolutely no sense and had me screaming at the TV.

The cowboy and the reporter are the only characters in whom I have any interest.
Do the math, you are in a car driving how many MPH for how long.... at least 3 hours since it was day time when he left and night time when they left. So, he could of gotten easily 150 miles away in any direction and yet they easily find him.....
Old 06-11-18, 08:22 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I have not watched any of season 4 but this does not surprise me. The same shlep that ran TWD into the ground is now working on FTWD. I expected it to take a plunge. Not sure I even want to catch up now.
Old 06-11-18, 10:37 AM
All World

^ - I feel the same way.

I used to bit$h but would still half watch.

Now I do not even watch.
Old 06-11-18, 01:39 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I'm not gonna lie and maybe its because I haven't been giving the show my full attention the past few weeks but I was struggling with the timeline as they went from past to present. I couldn"t remember why they hated Mel so much, still not sure why they were trying to kill them. The kids should blame themselves for their mothers demise...going out after the guy who wanted to kill them was ridiculous, also if they hadn't stopped in their tracks and drove straight into the stadium they wouldn't have been in that situation.
Old 06-12-18, 06:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I'm not gonna lie and maybe its because I haven't been giving the show my full attention the past few weeks but I was struggling with the timeline as they went from past to present. I couldn"t remember why they hated Mel so much, still not sure why they were trying to kill them. The kids should blame themselves for their mothers demise...going out after the guy who wanted to kill them was ridiculous, also if they hadn't stopped in their tracks and drove straight into the stadium they wouldn't have been in that situation.
Last season FTWD had a strong, linear narrative focusing on controlling a damn and it's valuable water supply and a survivalist community that Madison was trying to usurp. It was outstanding and IMO propelled FTWD past the WD in both quality & interest.

Now we have this season with it's confusing and boring non-linear narrative jumping back & forth in time. Characters which had at least acted rationally last season are doing dumb stuff just to keep the story twisting & turning. That this show would degrade so quickly is astonishing to me.
Old 06-12-18, 06:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
I have not watched any of season 4 but this does not surprise me. The same shlep that ran TWD into the ground is now working on FTWD. I expected it to take a plunge. Not sure I even want to catch up now.
This is real sad as the issues we've noted for the WD have appeared all over FTWD. FWTD not only plunged in quality it went off a cliff.
Old 06-12-18, 11:32 AM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I'm glad you posted this, because I struggled with the back and forth as well. I thought for a minute that I must've missed an episode or something. I liked the direction the show was going, and now it's out of control again. And would somebody please kill Morgan, dude has ruined 2 shows now!
Old 06-12-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

I was thinking the same thing. FTWD turned into everything bad about TWD. This season would of been somewhat watchable if they would of kept the story in order. What was the point of the flash backs when we already know who survuved??? No suspense what so ever.... of course they did it this way to have Morgan in every episode. We all wanted Carl to get it and we got that but then they drew it out ..... oh Carl... well, finger down my throat. We all wanted Madison to get it and we finally got it but it was ruined as we were told she was dead before seeing it... actually, we never did see it but I am sure she will be drawn out just like Carl in the 2nd half of the season.
Old 08-12-18, 05:14 PM
All World

Preview for Walking Dead was out today. What are Rick and Co. dragging down those marble steps? I bet...I just bet, that it is the National Archive and they are snagging the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. I know I would. Considering the new season is going to be about rebuilding and creating a governable society, what better to preserve than those two documents. I hope they do a better job than our current politico, especially Democrats, in following them.

The concept kinda reminds me of the 1968 episode of Star Trek, The Omega Glory, when the Enterprise crew comes upon a primitive cave dwelling tribe, the "Yangs" that are in a constant war with the "Coms", only to find that the "Yangs" (Yankees) are decedents from a interplanetary society identical to the United States who had been fighting the "Coms" (Communists) for some long forgotten reason. The big reveal was when they enter the "Yang" sacred cave to see the remnant of a US flag and the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
Old 08-18-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

I can't help myself but did anyone else watch the first episode of the new season of FTWD? It sort of sucked but since I keep watching it if I keep complaining about it I start to look like a moron or at least a glutton for punishment!

The only thing that offered hope IMO was the notion of a Morgan road trip to get back to Alexandria. That would actually be interesting and help propel the narrative in a linear way, which is badly needed. You could easily milk the journey for a season or two. Here's to hoping they hit the road and get the hell out of Texas.
Old 08-18-18, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Did I see a Zombnado?

Like come on, if one has to take from sharknado they must be getting pretty desperate.
Old 08-19-18, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Did I see a Zombnado?

Like come on, if one has to take from sharknado they must be getting pretty desperate.
I think you did but unlike the "big budget" Sci Fi channel we never actually saw a tornado so maybe the zombies were being blown around by straight line winds?

Again a road trip back to Alexandria across a devastated post apocalyptic America would be interesting. That the morons that write this show can't seem to figure this out and instead indulge in endless flashback scenes as the characters meander about in Texas is all you need to know about rampant drug use in Hollywood.
Old 08-21-18, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

Anyone watch the last episode of FTWD? It was probably the worst single episode of both TWD & FTWD to ever air. It's amazing that these writers/producers could so thoroughly mess things up.
Old 08-21-18, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

^

I think I just woke up from it... what day is it.

They put about 5 minutes of actual something and made it last over an hour. If you looked really close near the end you can actually see someone for a second walking in the background. It is right before whats her name puts those pictures on the grave there is a small clearing through the brush and sure enough someone walks by.

When will these guys write a linear time line and stick with it. I am tired of these stand alone episodes that are just down right boring and have no point what so ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: