Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-20-18, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
BS, no they didn’t.
A #1 seed from a major conference didn’t have a shot at a title? Bull sh1t. The odds might not have been great, but it’s certainly not preposterous to think if they got the right matchups they could’ve won it all. Of the teams left whose “that” much better than them? Nova certainly, then maybe Kansas and Duke. I’d say they’d be favorites over everyone else left in the field.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-18, 11:56 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I’m not sure what you mean by “National” aspirations. Xavier absolutely has the ability to compete for a National Title, and UC should have that ability. You’re burying your head in the sand with regards to the Princeton kid. A lot of top recruits at least keep their hometown school as an option, UC wasn’t even on this kid’s radar. How does that not raise a red flag? No, normally UC and XU don’t get that type of talent, but the exception is usually if the kid is local.
Again, this has more to do than just basketball. This kid isn't the example to use for this argument.
Old 03-20-18, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Again, this has more to do than just basketball. This kid isn't the example to use for this argument.
Where are you reading he was paid?
Old 03-24-18, 11:37 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Where are you reading he was paid?
Look at Bazley's offers. There's a reason not a single top program in college basketball showed interest in a Top 10 player in the country. UC isn't missing out on anything...
Old 03-26-18, 10:02 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
he's going to syracuse......syracuse isn't a top program?

jtk
()
Old 03-26-18, 10:16 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
What grade did Bazley commit to OSU? Likely he made it clear early in that he wouldn't consider any other Ohio schools. Am sure many will disagree but I think UC got the better local player in Cumberland anyways- kid is tough as nails.
Old 03-26-18, 10:20 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
he's going to syracuse......syracuse isn't a top program?

jtk
()
I dont really consider it a top 10 program. They typically arent bringing in top 10 talent, especially in recent years
Old 03-26-18, 11:03 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
What grade did Bazley commit to OSU? Likely he made it clear early in that he wouldn't consider any other Ohio schools. Am sure many will disagree but I think UC got the better local player in Cumberland anyways- kid is tough as nails.
I doubt that would be relevant, as he is committed to Syracuse. He and Cumberland aren't in the same class.
Old 03-26-18, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I dont really consider it a top 10 program. They typically arent bringing in top 10 talent, especially in recent years
he was also offered by louisville.....

jtk
()
Old 03-26-18, 11:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
he was also offered by louisville.....

jtk
()
Yeah and that only adds to the pay for play hype.
Old 03-26-18, 12:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I doubt that would be relevant, as he is committed to Syracuse. He and Cumberland aren't in the same class.
He was originally verbally committed to OSU. I disagree- not as impressed with Bazley as others are and am not convinced he will be able to handle high level college ball.
Old 03-26-18, 01:28 PM
All World

The point is UC didn't miss out on Bazely because they signed Cumberland. Cumberland has been with UC for two full years. They could have gotten both.
Old 03-26-18, 01:32 PM
All World

Yeah not sure what point they were trying to make
Old 03-26-18, 05:11 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy
Congrats to Sean Kilpatrick. Finally getting a decent payday after all the short stints at multiple programs. Hard nosed UC scrapper that never gave up.
Old 03-26-18, 05:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
The point is UC didn't miss out on Bazely because they signed Cumberland. Cumberland has been with UC for two full years. They could have gotten both.
I know that- just saying maybe they didn't go after him becuase he is not their type of player and he was already committed sophomore year to OSU
Old 03-27-18, 07:23 AM
All American

Or maybe Cronin's close enough with people in the area to figure out how the kid acts off the basketball court.
Old 03-28-18, 10:09 AM
All Region

Saint Columban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Or maybe Cronin's close enough with people in the area to figure out how the kid acts off the basketball court.
this is what I've heard, that Cronin stopped recruiting him early on for this reason. the way he publicly trashed osu when he decommitted seemingly confirmed as much
Old 03-28-18, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I don't think Bazeley is a top-10 national talent, nor do I think Mick and UC really pushed that hard for a number of reasons.

Mick and UC will go hard after kids in their backyard and this part of the state if they "fit". Further verified by an offer put out yesterday to a Dayton area prospect.
Old 03-29-18, 06:09 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I don't think Bazeley is a top-10 national talent, nor do I think Mick and UC really pushed that hard for a number of reasons.

Mick and UC will go hard after kids in their backyard and this part of the state if they "fit". Further verified by an offer put out yesterday to a Dayton area prospect.
He just went for 11 and 7 in the McD's AA game (in comparison Zion Williamson went for 8 and 5 with the same amount of playing time).

Meaningless all-star game with little defense, I know, but people need to accept that due to his upside, he's a once-in-a-generation talent for the Cincinnati area.

UC is certainly not above recruiting these types of players with everything they've got. Yancy Gates was just as much of a "head case" out of high school and he had a great career in Clifton.
Old 03-29-18, 07:49 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
He just went for 11 and 7 in the McD's AA game (in comparison Zion Williamson went for 8 and 5 with the same amount of playing time).

Meaningless all-star game with little defense, I know, but people need to accept that due to his upside, he's a once-in-a-generation talent for the Cincinnati area.

UC is certainly not above recruiting these types of players with everything they've got. Yancy Gates was just as much of a "head case" out of high school and he had a great career in Clifton.
He's also been pretty underwhelming in his biggest high school games this year. Against Pick North and Wayne he combined for 25 points. He had 24 against New Albany but was probably the 3rd best player on the court. A top 10 recruit should be putting up at the very minimum 20 a game. Outplayed badly by Jerome Hunter, Quisenberry and Romeo Langford. Hell, he wasn't even the best player on his own team in any of those games. Darweshi Hunter outplayed him in all three games.
Old 03-29-18, 11:34 AM
All World

I certainly wouldn't classify Bazely as a "once in a generation talent" for the Cincinnati area.
Old 03-29-18, 12:32 PM
All Yappi

As Taco noted, Bazely often got outperformed by Princeton's best opponents, and usually outperformed by one of his teammates in such games. It said a lot to me that arguably Princeton's best game (second Wayne game) was with Bazely sitting out and Hunter being the focal point of everything.

Bazely doesn't even have the most potential in metro Cincinnati IMO. From a potential standpoint, I would much rather have Jaxson Hayes due to his height, length and athleticism.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-18, 02:58 PM
All American

I was going to predict Bazley wouldn't make it through the year at Syracuse. Now he won't even make it to campus.
Old 03-29-18, 03:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I was going to predict Bazley wouldn't make it through the year at Syracuse. Now he won't even make it to campus.
Just saw that he decommitted to join G league. Hope it works out for him- never like to see kids skip getting an education, hope he is being led down the right path. Watched some of the McDonalds game, what did you all think?
Old 03-29-18, 03:05 PM
All World

Yeah, just saw that too. I'm very shocked. I knew kids would start doing this eventually once the NBA started ramping up the D/G League but didn't expect it from a kid from Cincinnati who likely wasn't going to be a one and done.
Old 03-29-18, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Yeah, just saw that too. I'm very shocked. I knew kids would start doing this eventually once the NBA started ramping up the D/G League but didn't expect it from a kid from Cincinnati who likely wasn't going to be a one and done.
The Yahoo report I saw listed him as a "projected top-10 selection in the 2019 NBA Draft.
Old 03-29-18, 03:15 PM
All American

See how he does. Probably a smart move by him now that he doesn't have to show up for class or do the school work. Is the G League a free agent market or how are players selected?
Old 03-29-18, 03:17 PM
All World

Damn, really? I just don't see it. He's 6'9" and only weighs 200 lbs. I know Durant was a stick when he came in but that's the exception not the rule. His wingspan isn't that much longer than his height. He'll have to vastly improve his outside shooting because he certainly can't play the SF/PF position in today's NBA at his current weight/strength. Certainly doesn't lock up other high D1 level players on defense either.
Old 03-29-18, 03:17 PM
All Yappi

Sink or swim decision.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-18, 03:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
The Yahoo report I saw listed him as a "projected top-10 selection in the 2019 NBA Draft.
Most sites don't have him first round. Some don't have him being drafted at all.