Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-31-18, 07:44 PM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
Watched him pull his team from a shootout game when things started going south. Also watched him clap a kid on the back immediately following a blindside, flagrant foul screen. Maybe he’s an acquired taste, but I’m not interested!
Old 03-31-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Hayden!! You're back. Haven't heard from you since the Copley blowout.

The culture at NC right now makes coaching hires a difficult endeavor.
Old 04-01-18, 12:25 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Right 88 View Post
Blackledge did his job. He provided stability and calmness to a program that needed it. A North Canton guy was needed to follow Montgomery. It's easier to get a coach to follow the coach who followed Montgomery versus to get a coach to follow Montgomery.

Monty was an eh hole who won 500+ games. He was able to leverage that success into getting the head gig at West Branch. Lol!! Who goes to West Branch on purpose? He'll continue to win home & away games against Little House on the Prairie while living in scenic Beloit and North Canton will do just fine in finding a new coach.
Don't disrespect WB like that. I know a lot of hard working and fantastic people out there. I mean honestly besides if you're a girls softball coach/swim coach, who the hell would wanna go to Hoover anymore? Struggling athletics and a hell storm of insane parents. Plus I've heard rumblings that they are in financial crisis??? Might as well go one town to your west or one to your north and your better off in polar bear or blue streak country.
Old 04-01-18, 01:06 PM
Freshman

WalshBacker is on a distinguished road
You win with talent and Hoover's is way down. Everyone around the program saw this coming. When you have NO youth program or youth travel teams, basketball players don't suddenly appear in high school. Montgomery was responsible for the deterioration of the program, not Blackledge.

Montgomery was a nasty guy who will wear out his welcome in ANY district. There were very few people in North Canton that were sorry he was leaving, and that includes the starters and the bench players. He didn't get along with the other coaches and refused to make concessions for athletes playing other sports.
Old 04-02-18, 07:14 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
WB a better fit for someone like Monty than NCH.
Old 04-04-18, 05:18 AM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Have any names come up for who has applied for this job???
Old 04-04-18, 06:33 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
No names made public yet. Hoover has a levy coming up on May 8. Not a lot of confidence it will pass easily. The candidate will have to accept the job from a district that may be looking at some serious budget cuts. Its also a district where sports coaches have made headlines for all the wrong reasons the last couple years.
Old 04-04-18, 06:53 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
North Canton is considering pay to play if the levy doesn't pass. Obviously bad from an athletics standpoint, but one of the most contentious threats a school board can issue from the viewpoint of the community. A similar threat caused Jackson to turn down a levy for the first time ever years ago (and led to the exit of the superintendent).

The current levy is a lot better than the one last fall, I will say that. But somebody needs to get these guys some PR. Flies, honey, and vinegar and all that, you know?
Old 04-05-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalshBacker View Post
You win with talent and Hoover's is way down. Everyone around the program saw this coming. When you have NO youth program or youth travel teams, basketball players don't suddenly appear in high school. Montgomery was responsible for the deterioration of the program, not Blackledge.

Montgomery was a nasty guy who will wear out his welcome in ANY district. There were very few people in North Canton that were sorry he was leaving, and that includes the starters and the bench players. He didn't get along with the other coaches and refused to make concessions for athletes playing other sports.
Monty built the youth program. He presided over the longest sustained run of success in program history. Maybe it was the coach who treated the job as a hobby that led to the deterioration of the program.

Monty wins more than 4 games last year.
Old 04-05-18, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
Don't disrespect WB like that. I know a lot of hard working and fantastic people out there. I mean honestly besides if you're a girls softball coach/swim coach, who the hell would wanna go to Hoover anymore? Struggling athletics and a hell storm of insane parents. Plus I've heard rumblings that they are in financial crisis??? Might as well go one town to your west or one to your north and your better off in polar bear or blue streak country.
That 1-9 messed you up bad

Financial crisis? No. But thanks for sending your dud of a Super over here.
Old 04-05-18, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
North Canton is considering pay to play if the levy doesn't pass. Obviously bad from an athletics standpoint, but one of the most contentious threats a school board can issue from the viewpoint of the community. A similar threat caused Jackson to turn down a levy for the first time ever years ago (and led to the exit of the superintendent).

The current levy is a lot better than the one last fall, I will say that. But somebody needs to get these guys some PR. Flies, honey, and vinegar and all that, you know?
It's funny how the threat is always sports, busing or even laying off teachers...never trimming administration which is the most costly personnel in the district.
Old 04-07-18, 11:34 AM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
That 1-9 messed you up bad

Financial crisis? No. But thanks for sending your dud of a Super over here.
Dud of a super? Great super, and an even better of a person. He put Lake in a great place. But no 1-9 did not mess me up bad lol. Just defending some great people from a good area. Then why is Hoover in such need of a levy passing? Why if they don't pass this levy huge budget cuts will be in place? Might not be there yet, but you are darn close. That "dud of a super" had a 150,000 square foot elementary school built and a new middle/high school. Maybe it's not so much the super, rather than the people of the community...
Old 04-07-18, 11:40 AM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
It's funny how the threat is always sports, busing or even laying off teachers...never trimming administration which is the most costly personnel in the district.
Many, if not most, schools have pay to participate fees as standard procedure now. It no longer is a "threat" in many places. It's a way of life.
Old 04-07-18, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
I hope we hire someone who has head coaching experience. We don't need another learnonthe job type. Any word on who has applied?
Old 04-15-18, 04:43 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Any word on who the new coach will be??? Have they even started interviews yet?
Good Luck to whoever gets the job. I'm surprised the candidate list wasn't in the Canton Rep.
Old 04-15-18, 05:10 PM
All Ohio

eastofeden is on a distinguished road
Hear it’s down to four....Strasbourg coach..east canton coach....an assistant ....and one other
Old 04-15-18, 10:07 PM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
There is a board meeting Wednesday and there is a Coach being recommended on the agenda but don’t know for sure if it’s for boys basketball or not.
Old 04-16-18, 01:51 PM
All District

tndog is on a distinguished road
Strasburg coach is a principal - does Hoover have an administrator position open?
Old 04-16-18, 05:51 PM
Freshman

RHobbs9 is on a distinguished road
List of applicants for NC job.
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2018...ext-head-coach
Old 04-16-18, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHobbs9 View Post
Adam Hall's name is not on the list. Did he withdraw, or is there some bad information floating around?
Old 04-16-18, 08:14 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Not a very impressive list. It says they are keeping it open. Maybe there is still time for Hall to apply.
Old 04-16-18, 09:53 PM
Freshman

Truck Yeah is on a distinguished road
Drew Meister set Canton South back 4 years. He is not a choice
Old 04-17-18, 06:49 AM
Freshman

baseball43 is on a distinguished road
Hall will not leave a small school to go to a big school like Hoover. That would be to big of a jump.
Old 04-17-18, 10:24 AM
Freshman

Why would anyone in a good spot leave to go to Hoover right now. Pay to play, levy on the ballot, no teaching/admin positions available...Maybe that's why the list is what it is...It's probably a good opportunity at the right time. Not sure now is the right time.
Old 04-17-18, 10:25 AM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHobbs9 View Post
Why would anyone in a good spot leave to go to Hoover right now. Pay to play, levy on the ballot, no teaching/admin positions available...Maybe that's why the list is what it is...
The underlying racism in this post is troublesome to say the least...
Old 04-17-18, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool North Canton new Head Boys Basketball Coach

It's April 17, 2018

I thought that Jack Hackenberg from Canton GlenOak was interested in the job, he wasn't on the list.

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Old 04-17-18, 11:00 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
Huh? No teaching positions is racist? Pay to play is racist? My apologies. That was not my intent.
Old 04-17-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
It's April 17, 2018

I thought that Jack Hackenberg from Canton GlenOak was interested in the job, he wasn't on the list.

This is IUDOGS signing off.
For one, it's Matt Hackenberg, not Jack.

For two, it's possible that some interested folks MAY have inquired and been told that Hoover is currently in no financial position to create additional administrative positions in order to lure potential candidates, and they never submitted a formal application. Adding non-essential administration would be a death blow to the district's efforts to pass an upcoming levy.
Old 04-19-18, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
They must not have liked the original applicates. Must be hoping they will get better ones round II. Are schools allowed to reach out to coaches at other schools? Or is that not allowed? Good Luck
Old 04-19-18, 12:23 PM
All District

Akronite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
That might be the most far fetched ignorant post Iíve read on this forum, and thatís saying a lot.

There isnít an ounce of racism in the original posts facts.