Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-23-17, 09:39 PM
All Region

Elk is on a distinguished road
Centerville Saturday Night Lights

Anyone go? Hot night!

Results

Last edited by Elk; 09-23-17 at 09:58 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-17, 09:34 AM
Freshman

Napcat2000 is on a distinguished road
How much do they run on the track?
Old 09-24-17, 10:31 AM
All Region

Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napcat2000 View Post
Course Maps

The course begins with a back grass loop before heading onto the track where they pass by the mile marker. Runners then run two farm loops that include a track section.

You can see quite a bit of the race from the stands

Old 09-24-17, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napcat2000 View Post
Looks like roughly .45 miles.
Old 09-24-17, 11:19 AM
Varsity

ChickenSalad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Looks like roughly .45 miles.
I've been told it's 600 meters on the track. Never been, though.
Old 09-24-17, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenSalad View Post
I've been told it's 600 meters on the track. Never been, though.
Me neither. Just eyeballing the course map, it looks like more than 1.5 laps on the track but less than 2. Course map is probably not to scale though.
Old 09-24-17, 01:19 PM
All World

SOTT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Me neither. Just eyeballing the course map, it looks like more than 1.5 laps on the track but less than 2. Course map is probably not to scale though.
Agreed. I always kind of estimated it as around 650-700m, but I've also never been. Sounds like a great crowd was on hand. Neat idea.
Old 09-24-17, 01:22 PM
All Ohio

madman is on a distinguished road
1300-1600+ on track

3050-3200+ on track

4650-5000 on track

Total ~800 m

===================

Meet organizers have done a tremendous job of making this an entertaining event. The 1600/3200/5000 marks are all on the track in front of everyone in the stands. The stands are also one of the few areas where there is shade after ~6 pm. I couldn't help think how fun this event would be if I were still in high school.

I am not a fan of track on grass, but as long as we're going to do it let's make it as fan friendly as we can. Kudos to the folks at Centerville on creating an outstanding event in all senses of the word.
Old 09-24-17, 05:10 PM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Been a few times....great meet.
Old 09-25-17, 12:58 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
I have not spoken to anyone that was at the race yet about this, but I'm curious as to the Live Results vs the official results at the meet. I was following on line and the Live results I saw were completely different from the official results I saw the next morning, but now, they seem to jive. The live results I see now, are not the same live results I followed Saturday night or saw Sunday morning. ???

Edit: I now have confirmation from more than one other person watching the live results like I was, that the results have been changed drastically. I understand a few chips not reading, but this is way more than just a few and if coaches were using any of this information to help their kids on the course, it is so far off that it's worse than having nothing. There needs to be a standard that if more than a certain percentage of chips are not reading, the live/unofficial results are not posted during the race. I have been at races where coaches are relaying the information to their people on the course and using it to tell the kids if they need to move or relax and maintain. Then, at the end, you find out that everyone from the team you were keying off of was wrong in the live results and you were keying on 5.6.7 and not 3,4,5. Not good.

I've been to races that do not have video confirmation and I do not know how they can possibly have accurate results. Years ago when my daughter ran, results without video confirmation were wrong every race we were at. Have to have either video confirmation or physical back up. Chips only is not accurate enough.

Last edited by psycho_dad; 09-25-17 at 06:57 AM..
Old 09-25-17, 06:39 AM
Varsity

Percidae is on a distinguished road
There had to have been some issues with the live results as I know at least one of our top 5 was initially not counted. This was later corrected though. It resulted in a team having to return a first place trophy.
Old 09-25-17, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

The 1st change I noticed is that the Unioto boys' #3 finisher did not appear in the initial results, so they moved several spots following that correction.

Reminds me of the girls DI Boardman regional 2 years ago when 1 of Nordonia's top 2 finishers did not appear in the initial results, and they announced the qualifying teams before that mistake was corrected. Nordonia went from not qualifying in the initial results to being regional champions in the revised results, and GlenOak went from having pulled off an improbable team qualification to 5th.
Old 09-25-17, 09:44 AM
All District

badger1 is on a distinguished road
The following explanation was included in a post-meet follow-up email to participating coaches:

RESULTS & CHIP MISREADS OR MISSING READS
We are working with Mike Chatfield at FinishTiming to correct and add in the athletes of many who are missing. In an attempt to avoid any speculation, FinishTiming had difficulty with chips reading at the finish line. Athletes were registering for the timing company at the mile and 2 mile splits but there was a challenge for some reason with the finish line. They tried diligently to move metal standards holding the finish line banner, new placements for the mat, and several other things to help rectify this problem. I know it was very puzzling and frustrating to them. In addition, our races are tightly squeezed together to maximize the number of athletes running under lights and the timers were doing their best to verify each runner using their camera. Mike worked diligently to make corrections to the results today and as new instances come up will continue to make sure each athlete competing is recognized.

In speaking with Mike today via email, he has plans to test out his equipment in the future to insure the best possible experience for he and his staff as well as the athletes and coaches attending.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on an issue that was new and challenging to us all this year.
Old 09-25-17, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Best meet in Ohio.

Gigandet did beat a girl from Pioneer Michigan that was listed as the #1 runner in the nation by milesplit.

Pioneer girl has run sub 17:00 before on faster courses.

Usually a fast course due to great weather, great competition, fast surface etc.
Old 09-29-17, 09:50 AM
All Region

LoveCrossCountry is on a distinguished road
I was at this meet. It was VERY hot for the earlier racers, but it cooled significantly for the boys championship race...still a tad humid though.

Morgan Gigandet's race was very impressive, especially after beating the girl from Pioneer so handily.

I heard from some athletes that in addition to the weather that the course was slower this year due to lots of gravel that had been placed on the course where in the past it was hard-packed dirt.

Definitely a unique race. The announcer there is always entertaining, especially when asking/telling people not to stand at the railing, "The finish line is the finish line for everyone, not just your athletes." Made the crowd go "OOOOOH".