Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-28-15, 09:44 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards

Well both teams won tonight! This should be a good one as usual! I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about this matchup.

It's Hoover Week Baby!

In-Depth Preview

North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards 2015 Football Preview

ALL-TIME SERIES

Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings All-Time Football Series

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - GAME ARCHIVE

VARSITY

1964 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1971 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1992 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1993 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1994 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1995 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1999 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

2004 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

2011 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2012 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2013 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2014 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

JV

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Pictures

2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights

Freshman

1961 Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

Last edited by LeopardNation; 09-02-15 at 01:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-15, 04:43 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Hoover is an underdog on the road in this one. Louisville handled Canfield. I imagine Louisville is hungry for revenge after Hoover handed them their only regular season loss a year ago. Hoover has not won @ Louisville since 2003.

If Hoover defends the pass better like they did in the second half they will have a fighters chance. Hoover can't allow Louisville to have a glorified passing scrimmage (a la 2004 game in the 1st half).

I feel Hoover will have to hit the 20's (probably the mid 20's) to be able to win this one. Early forecast has friday with a high in the upper 80's to low 90's but lows in the low 60's.
Old 08-30-15, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Hoover DBs have to step up. When you give up nearly 300 through the air and the next opponent threw for 300 in the previous game you can guess where the game plan is focused. Always tough to pull out a W in Louisville. Will be a strong test of the new coaching staff. A win on the road here could be big with the next 3 at home. First chance to see the new away uniform under the lights, hopefully it'll be a good debut.
Old 08-30-15, 11:48 AM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Something just tells me Louisville is going to come out swinging in this one.. Louisville by 14.
Old 08-30-15, 08:50 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
best week of the year...every year!!!

i'll take the ville by a td

smash some pumpkins...
Old 08-31-15, 11:04 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Hoover's pass defense is suspect and not able to contain high octane Leopard passing offense. Leps win easy, 45-17 Louisville

Last edited by COACH_XYZ&12345; 08-31-15 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-31-15, 11:43 AM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Generally one of the more intense games in the county. I like Louie..ville in this one by 7-14
Old 08-31-15, 11:56 AM
All District

Stark_Fan is on a distinguished road
I think the boys will come out hungry for some revenge Friday night after Hoover giving us our only regular season loss last year. After the Hoban scrimmage I was not sold on Adams, but I stand corrected, he looked great Friday night. High accuracy and even ran when the open field was given to him. Although Young is not the same type of RB as Schrock was, I felt he got the job done. My biggest concern is our kicking game after being spoiled the last 2 years with exceptional kickers.

Smash the pumpkin heads!
Old 08-31-15, 01:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Stark county is on a distinguished road
Leopard by 3 Touchdowns
Old 08-31-15, 02:11 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Two, yes TWO NCH posters on a thread that pertains to their own team. How ironic. They have two a minute if it's something Massillon related. And of course digits the goof is nowhere to be found. I'm shocked. NOT.

And for the record I'm predicting a Louisville victory. Not a damn clue why.
Old 08-31-15, 04:37 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
What are the series records ? Can you list the year by year results . this is one of the better rival games in the state of Ohio. Does Louisville still have a football website?
Old 08-31-15, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Two, yes TWO NCH posters on a thread that pertains to their own team. How ironic. They have two a minute if it's something Massillon related. And of course digits the goof is nowhere to be found. I'm shocked. NOT.

And for the record I'm predicting a Louisville victory. Not a damn clue why.
You aren't picking Louisville as much as you are against Hoover...there I figured it out for you.
Old 08-31-15, 04:51 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
What are the series records ? Can you list the year by year results . this is one of the better rival games in the state of Ohio. Does Louisville still have a football website?
Check post#1
Old 08-31-15, 09:08 PM
All World

OrangeBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
You aren't picking Louisville as much as you are against Hoover...there I figured it out for you.
I have it figured. Louisville is better than Hoover and will win.
Old 09-01-15, 02:59 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Really? In the whole state of Ohio? How many people outside of Stark County do you think even KNOW about this game? Much less have a remote interest in it. Silly statement.
Im from Jefferson county and i know about this rivalry. Then again I am a big high school football fan. maybe the average Joe from Dayton or where ever might not know but I do . This is one of those heated rivalries that catch my interest every year . It's usually a close game and the teams don't like each other and they are both very successful programs. I can think of a few rival games other than the normal ones like Massillon and Mck . For instance.
Toledo Central vs Toledo SF De Sales
Freemont vs Sandusky
Zanesville vs Cambridge
Ironton vs Portsmouth
Elder vs Collerain
Mooney vs Ursulin
Col. De Sales vs Col. Watterson
There I named a few good ones from all corners of the state that I am aware of .
Old 09-01-15, 06:42 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post

Im from Jefferson county and i know about this rivalry. Then again I am a big high school football fan. maybe the average Joe from Dayton or where ever might not know but I do . This is one of those heated rivalries that catch my interest every year . It's usually a close game and the teams don't like each other and they are both very successful programs. I can think of a few rival games other than the normal ones like Massillon and Mck . For instance.
Toledo Central vs Toledo SF De Sales
Freemont vs Sandusky
Zanesville vs Cambridge
Ironton vs Portsmouth
Elder vs Collerain
Mooney vs Ursulin
Col. De Sales vs Col. Watterson
There I named a few good ones from all corners of the state that I am aware of .
I agree. I think Hoover's win last year is a testament to this rivalry. Hoover had no business winning that game on paper last year... But guess what? Just like all those great rivalries you listed, throw the records out the window.

I think this one will be close, and if it's close I give the edge to Hoover. A bunch of kids on this team remember losing all those close games last year. They'll finish a few this time.
Old 09-01-15, 07:48 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Will be interesting to see how Hoovers new coach approaches defending Louisville's dangerous passing attack. IMO it's gonna come down to line play and if Hoover can pressure Adams into bad throws/reads. If they sit back and cover the deep routs...we will run the ball. If they can't get pressure Adams will pick them apart.
Defense needs to keep working on stopping the run up the middle out of this formation. After watching the replay...our LB's need to tackle better...I saw some piss poor efforts by returning starters and some complete misses b/c of poor technique. Db's will surely be tested a bit more this week.
Old 09-01-15, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Hoover had no business beating Louisville, at home? Wow, they really have slipped in recent years.

Hoover wins maybe they turned a corner but taking Louisville in this one. Again.
Old 09-01-15, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really? In the whole state of Ohio? How many people outside of Stark County do you think even KNOW about this game? Much less have a remote interest in it. Silly statement.
They've played over 90 times. Not too many other Ohio rivalries can say that.

Silly, childish statement.
Old 09-01-15, 08:48 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
They've played over 90 times. Not too many other Ohio rivalries can say that.

Silly, childish statement.
I don't care if they've played 190 times. The number of times plays has nothing to do with the relevancy of a rivalry or or if it's storied or if it's well know. Now especially from your background that would make your statement beyond silly. It would make it downright effing ignorant. But, we've seen your work. We're used to it.
Old 09-01-15, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

Everybody has a rival, at every level. Some have 2-3. If you had to rank them in Ohio it might crack top 100, and below Hoover Jackson if you can imagine. Big game though I'll give that to ya.
Old 09-01-15, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't care if they've played 190 times. The number of times plays has nothing to do with the relevancy of a rivalry or or if it's storied or if it's well know. Now especially from your background that would make your statement beyond silly. It would make it downright effing ignorant. But, we've seen your work. We're used to it.
Old 09-01-15, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't care if they've played 190 times. The number of times plays has nothing to do with the relevancy of a rivalry or or if it's storied or if it's well know.
Idiocy knows no bounds. This is a foolish statement regardless if you're from Toledo, Cedarville, Jefferson, Arcanum, Wheelersburg, or anywhere else.

Stuff like this needs to be called out.
Old 09-01-15, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
nothing other than Massillon-Mckinley matters. we get it.
Old 09-01-15, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
No not at all. Louisville v. Hoover is right up there. Ok? Now everybody let's take our participation trophies and pc ribbons and hug it out.
Old 09-01-15, 12:20 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
It's the Massillon posters on this thread that give the good people of Massillon a bad rep. Hey Egret, do you need to go back to second grade? Remember "if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all" before you fire back with the classic "They troll our threads so we are going to troll theirs" response just think, you're being exactly like the Hoover and Jackson people that you hate so much. Grow up you child. I know 5th graders that are more mature then you. I try and stay out of you're ridiculous banter as much as I can, but damn you are annoying.
Old 09-01-15, 12:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I just pointed out to you that High school football fans with a good knowledge of the sport are aware of this as one of the better rival games in Ohio . Not sure what you seem to angry about or contrary to what I said. I think anybody that likes Ohio high school football and has any decent IQ about it knows this rivalry . You are wrong and there is no need to sling mudd. I believe you are a Massillon fan so not sure where you are coming from.
Old 09-01-15, 12:48 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
I am looking forward to this game. I am going to miss seeing Donnie out there, but am excited to see a new era at Hoover. Did they get new uniforms?

I like my leps in this one, by two scores.

So who is playing Massillon next week? Hoover or Louisville? Not sure why all the Massillon people are on here. My guess is it is because no one goes on their threads so they have to jump to other ones just for some adult interaction.

Once they lose to Glenoak I am sure they will go back to their parents basements.
Old 09-01-15, 12:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Never said that. But at least thanks for the common sense response. Ignatius/St. Eds, Moeller/St. Xavier, Colerain/Elder.

THOSE are rivalries. Do you REALLY want to compare Hoover/Louisville to those? And throw in Massillon/McKinley while you're at it.

Seriously some of you are just plain effing morons.
Old 09-01-15, 01:08 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
People from NC and Louisville really don't care what your small mind thinks. To us, and obviously some other football fans, this is a good rivalry that has been played 90 some years and hopefully many more to come.