Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-27-14, 10:01 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Hoover @ Jackson ~ Ehhh

What to think of this game. Jackson has been stumbling since the 2nd qtr of the GO game. Hoover though has been stumbling all season save Louisville.

Can Hoover steal a win and prevent Jackson from having a winning season? 10 years ago was the ugliest game in Hoover Football History Jackson 34-0 and it might as well have been 334-0 against a Jackson team that was struggling coming in. None of that please. Last time at Fife it was all Hoover 40-7.

Common opponents:

Both teams lost to Perry by a point...
Hoover lost to GlenOak by 7, Jackson lost by 9...
Hoover lost to McK by 7, Jackson lost by 12...
Hoover lost to Lake by 4, Jackson won by 7...
Hoover beat Boardman by 17, Jackson lost by 3...

Both teams have fared similarly against common opponents. Hoover has only scored more than 2 td's once this season and that was vs McKinley (not counting Team Canada). Hoover will need more than 2 td's to win on friday.

Head: Jackson 27 Hoover 17
Heart: Hoover 23 Jackson 21
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-14, 10:12 AM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Jackson will finish on its typical slump and drop this game.
Old 10-27-14, 10:53 AM
All Region

ESPNCLASSIC is on a distinguished road
That Jackson team in 04 you say was stumbling made the playoffs and hosted a home game.
The last time the bears made the playoffs.
If that's stumbling if like to stumble.

Hoover has played hard all year they just haven't found a way win. They've been in every game just can't get it done.
Defense has been good just an Achilles heel of the big play. Offense does not have a lot of playmakers.

How will Jackson's mindset be after the heartbreaker to Perry?

Rumor is Beau already guaranteed a victory so this game shouldn't be played...
Old 10-27-14, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Week 10 and the Vikings haven't been very kind to the Bears as they've only won 2 of the last 10. Last year's game produced nearly 1000 yards in offense. Will this be Hertler's finale? Balderson's looking for win 2 against 4 losses to the Vikings.
Old 10-27-14, 11:40 AM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
I like Hoover in a close one...20-14.
Old 10-27-14, 12:06 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Go bears! I'll take em 28-21
Old 10-27-14, 01:54 PM
All District

jacksonman is on a distinguished road
Hoover..34-21.....hopefully they have a new coach after this game...watching perry play this season there is no reason Jackson should not have been 9-1 8-2 with a Winged T ball control offense....all of Jacksons losses related to poor timing of turnovers and sloppy ball handling....simplify it for the kids please......this is one of jackson most talented teams i have seen in 30 years and by far the most surprising result....i feel horrible for the seniors
Old 10-28-14, 03:41 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNCLASSIC View Post
Famous last words!

Jackson now is like GlenOak was in the Jack Rose days... loads of talent and 5-5 every year.

Hoover is posting their fourth losing season in five years -- wow. They are in a big time slump.

While it's slightly improved over last year, the Jackson defense can still bring any offense to life. Is Spradling going to play? He disappeared midway through the Perry game. Some of the play calling seems mystifying to me, especially those 4th down calls deep inside JAX territory.

In the 2nd "Battle for the Basement" aka the "I'm Sorry, Phil Mauro Bowl" I will take...

Hoover 21
Jackson 13

Good luck JAX, prove me wrong!
Old 10-28-14, 05:09 AM
All World

ccrunner4815 is on a distinguished road
Hoover usually takes the rivalry game vs the Polar Bears. Vikings will hopefully build on this game for next season.

Hoover 21

Jackson 14
Old 10-28-14, 07:29 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonman View Post
Hoover..34-21.....hopefully they have a new coach after this game...watching perry play this season there is no reason Jackson should not have been 9-1 8-2 with a Winged T ball control offense....all of Jacksons losses related to poor timing of turnovers and sloppy ball handling....simplify it for the kids please......this is one of jackson most talented teams i have seen in 30 years and by far the most surprising result....i feel horrible for the seniors
When you say have a new coach are you talking about Jackson or Hoover?
Just wondering.

Someone said this could be Hertler's last game. I really hope not. I can't see him going out like this but I could be wrong
Old 10-28-14, 08:13 AM
All District

jacksonman is on a distinguished road
i am sorry mauro bowl..that is funny...personally i hope balderson moves on after game ....i dont believe peterson has the gull to do anything....jax has skill at every position....i left mck game and havent been back when they were driving by giving the ball to spradling all the way down field...then decide to challenge EGW on a route and he takes it back to the house....i believe balderson trying to please a couple parents and it isnt spradlings
Old 10-28-14, 09:17 AM
Freshman

Go Bears2 is on a distinguished road
At this point who cares. I am completely disappointed with how this Jackson season has turned out. Two loaded senior classes the past two years that did nothing but post undefeated or one lose seasons since they were kids have been wasted with this current Jackson coach.

Does Jackson have the better talent on “paper” and should win this game? ….YES

But........ Hoover as owned two things over Jackson the past close to 20 years:

1) Better coaching
2) The mental game between the ears when it comes to this rivalry game

Case in point two of the last three years Jackson has entered this game at 6-3 needing a win against Hoover to get into the play-offs. Both times Jackson fell flat on their faces as Hoover won both contests. The killer to this ….both times Hoover came into those two games with freakin 2-7 records. Well done Vikings!

As longtime Jackson resident, alum, former multiple sport athlete at Jackson I'd love to see my Bears win but two decades of recent history says the Vikings do what they usually do.

Come on Bears show some heart one last time this season and shock all of us with a win! Unfortunately seniors you may need to win this game just to save the coach's job.....no pressure (hahaha)

GO BEARS
Old 10-28-14, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
I'd be more concerned about Storey than Spradling! That kid should be the starting RB.
Old 10-28-14, 10:47 AM
Junior Varsity

tOSUSteve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Bears2 View Post
At this point who cares. I am completely disappointed with how this Jackson season has turned out. Two loaded senior classes the past two years that did nothing but post undefeated or one lose seasons since they were kids have been wasted with this current Jackson coach.

Does Jackson have the better talent on “paper” and should win this game? ….YES

But........ Hoover as owned two things over Jackson the past close to 20 years:

1) Better coaching
2) The mental game between the ears when it comes to this rivalry game

Case in point two of the last three years Jackson has entered this game at 6-3 needing a win against Hoover to get into the play-offs. Both times Jackson fell flat on their faces as Hoover won both contests. The killer to this ….both times Hoover came into those two games with freakin 2-7 records. Well done Vikings!

As longtime Jackson resident, alum, former multiple sport athlete at Jackson I'd love to see my Bears win but two decades of recent history says the Vikings do what they usually do.

Come on Bears show some heart one last time this season and shock all of us with a win! Unfortunately seniors you may need to win this game just to save the coach's job.....no pressure (hahaha)

GO BEARS

I didn't expect them to go undefeated, but I did think 8-2 would be expected.
I thought a new D-coach would make this team very competitive. The D still has issues and gives up way too many yards.

I think it is time for Balderson to move on. I was never sold on him, but he has under-performed, especially this season.

Jackson is loaded with athletes, just look at how well they do in every sport EXCEPT football.
Old 10-28-14, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

Whether or not this needs to happen, going public with it just sounds like Whiny Parents who are more likely to blame the coach rather than assume their kid may be at fault.

Sometimes talent can't overcome heart. Perry has beaten 6 teams more talented skilled than themselves. Heart is the onus of the player. The way that kid Storey ran against Perry after Spradling went out... That kid ran with heart. I would've started that kid all year if he ran like that.
Old 10-28-14, 12:38 PM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Whether or not this needs to happen, going public with it just sounds like Whiny Parents who are more likely to blame the coach rather than assume their kid may be at fault.

Sometimes talent can't overcome heart. Perry has beaten 6 teams more talented skilled than themselves. Heart is the onus of the player. The way that kid Storey ran against Perry after Spradling went out... That kid ran with heart. I would've started that kid all year if he ran like that.
Excellent post! Haven't seen the Storey kid yet though..
Old 10-28-14, 12:43 PM
All Region

Quote:

I'm sorry perry is playing well and tough with heart but 6 teams they beat with more talent??

Every team in the county would take Berry.
Cleveland and Sims are pretty darn good. Throw in the good linebacker and a huge Oline perry has some things going for them.

Perry was won close games but to say it was all on heart and playing hard I disagree.
They have guys that would start at other schools and be playmakers.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-28-14, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm sorry perry is playing well and tough with heart but 6 teams they beat with more talent??

Every team in the county would take Berry.
Cleveland and Sims are pretty darn good. Throw in the good linebacker and a huge Oline perry has some things going for them.

Perry was won close games but to say it was all on heart and playing hard I disagree.
They have guys that would start at other schools and be playmakers.

Just my 2 cents.
Go count the roster on FNO.

Those same kids are also making big plays on the other side of the ball.

They're talented kids, but 9 of them also play defense.

Believe me when I say it, every team has had more size and skill than Perry. Perry has mentally chosen not to let that be an issue.
Old 10-28-14, 09:09 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonman View Post
i am sorry mauro bowl..that is funny...personally i hope balderson moves on after game ....i dont believe peterson has the gull to do anything....jax has skill at every position....i left mck game and havent been back when they were driving by giving the ball to spradling all the way down field...then decide to challenge EGW on a route and he takes it back to the house....i believe balderson trying to please a couple parents and it isnt spradlings
Peterson is incompetent. Maybe he'll continue to lower the expectations for the football program and go schedule East Canton to replace Toledo St. Francis since 'our kids aren't ready' as he was famously quoted in the Massillon paper. I think Balderson can be a great OC but is not a Head Coach and I agree with most on here that his teams have underachieved the past few years.
Old 10-29-14, 04:50 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:
That Jackson team in 04 you say was stumbling made the playoffs and hosted a home game.
The last time the bears made the playoffs.
If that's stumbling if like to stumble.

Hoover has played hard all year they just haven't found a way win. They've been in every game just can't get it done.
Defense has been good just an Achilles heel of the big play. Offense does not have a lot of playmakers.

How will Jackson's mindset be after the heartbreaker to Perry?

They started 4-0 and after beating a DAMN good Lake team they weren't the same team. That Lake team went to the regional final and despite not having their starting QB they fought tough for a half with eventual D2 Champ Columbus Brookhaven. Jackson team only scored 8 points against an awful Perry team (8-3 win) and struggled to beat 0-10 Boardman 14-0 a week before the Hoover massacre. Jackson just ran all over Hoover. Came back the next year to win a defensive battle en route to playoff appearance a year removed from that sad 1-9 season (very similar to Perry's play this year, not a lot of talent but a ton of heart).
Old 10-29-14, 07:00 AM
Varsity

HJ. Shoemaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
go count the roster on fno.

Those same kids are also making big plays on the other side of the ball.

They're talented kids, but 9 of them also play defense.

believe me when i say it, every team has had more size and skill than perry. Perry has mentally chosen not to let that be an issue.
+1
Old 10-29-14, 07:07 AM
Freshman

JetLag is on a distinguished road
I heard the baseball team is being presented their state championship rings at halftime. This may be the highlight of the night with both teams struggling badly. I miss the old days when both teams were playoff type teams year in and year out. I can't even remember the last time both teams had good records going in. Unfortunately the years Jackson had the good record they have been upset. Hopefully they pull it off at home this year. Go bears
Old 10-29-14, 07:10 AM
All Yappi

I think Jackson can make this game theirs to lose.

Hoover will not back down but if Jackson decided to do the same, they should win.
Old 10-29-14, 08:15 AM
All Region

Have you guys looked at Perry's Oline???
It's bigger than Hoover's and a few other teams in the league.
They're big boys up front!!!
Old 10-29-14, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

Spencer
Hey Powertrain! If you're reading this how can this be? Going into the Lake game,you claimed you would rather have Balderson as a head coach.Since that game you haven't posted and Jackson fan wants him out.

As for this game Jackson does have the superior talent in this game. However they did last year as well.If Jackson plays to their potential they can win the game. However it doesn't seem like they have all year.So I'll take Hoover picking up their 1st league win 20-14.
Old 10-29-14, 04:53 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Saw the Bears several times on TV and thought they and GlenOak had the best offenses in the league and I still think so. Storey did a great job for Spradling last week and IMO, would have been the player of the game if they had won. Im not much of a predictor so I always go back to what my coach told us. Defense, special teams play and turnovers. Those are the keys to the game. Good luck to both teams.
Old 10-29-14, 09:26 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Putting it all together.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
What to think of this game. Jackson has been stumbling since the 2nd qtr of the GO game. Hoover though has been stumbling all season save Louisville.

Can Hoover steal a win and prevent Jackson from having a winning season? 10 years ago was the ugliest game in Hoover Football History Jackson 34-0 and it might as well have been 334-0 against a Jackson team that was struggling coming in. None of that please. Last time at Fife it was all Hoover 40-7.

Common opponents:

Both teams lost to Perry by a point...
Hoover lost to GlenOak by 7, Jackson lost by 9...
Hoover lost to McK by 7, Jackson lost by 12...
Hoover lost to Lake by 4, Jackson won by 7...
Hoover beat Boardman by 17, Jackson lost by 3...

Both teams have fared similarly against common opponents. Hoover has only scored more than 2 td's once this season and that was vs McKinley (not counting Team Canada). Hoover will need more than 2 td's to win on friday.

Head: Jackson 27 Hoover 17
Heart: Hoover 23 Jackson 21
Putting it all together..... At the right time. These two teams are both good teams but for some reason have not put it ALL together for 4 qrtrs. Hoover had a chance to roll us and of course like a lot of times like h. s. teams do, they relaxed. Perry has done it, Jackson has done it, and it just ads up to getting it done for all 4 qrtrs and not having the mental lapses and bad breaks. Hoover could have very easily beaten us with the fg made instead of missed. The Jackson kid doesn't miss that last catch or they get the fg we are 4-5 instead of 6-3. Really. It is sometimes just the way it goes. Good teams make their own breaks but the ball bounces when and how it wants to. Good Luck to both Hoover and Jackson. I thought both teams gave us their best shot but Hoover was better on defense and Jackson was better on offense. Look for a 24-24 tie and overtime.
Old 10-29-14, 10:06 PM
All District

FB4EVer is on a distinguished road
Any chance this Halloween Night will conjure up some serious fog? It worked for the Bears once against the dreaded Vikings!
Old 10-30-14, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
It's Halloween, that favors the team wearing orange and black. Hoover by 7 cause I'm a homer....and Jackson's D is who we thought they were, terrible.
Old 10-30-14, 07:05 PM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
I'll give the home team the slight edge. I guess Jackson 27 Hoover 24.