Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-16-18, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
More worried about his noggin and the concussions.
That, too.

I can't help thinking of Andrew Luck's situation. Brissett is under contract for 2 more. If the Colts draft a QB higher that the 6th, I'm thinking he may be near to 2014 Romo damaged.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-18, 04:07 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
"...and college players are postponing the draft if they think Cleveland will take them."

Can you give an example of one?
http://www.businessinsider.com/josh-...browns-2017-12
Old 01-17-18, 04:51 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Care to demonstrate to joe how to support a set of assertions ? Some of that bleak picture would seem to me to be past tense....
Well, Jimmy Haslam is a crook, but I suppose Josh Gordon was (current urinalysis pending) getting high before games.

I can't support any of it. I gave up and stopped following the Browns a couple years ago, beyond what headlines periodically assault my eyes from the sports section. So Joe will have to come on over to the debate forum if he wants to learn about rhetorical excellence.
Old 01-18-18, 12:51 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft has the Browns taking Josh Allen and Barkley at 1 and 4.

Quote:
1. Cleveland Browns
Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Cleveland has to take a quarterback. Has to. And a winless season means the Browns can pick whichever one they want. My evaluations on this quarterback class are really close. I've gone back and forth a few times on Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold and Allen, but I just moved Allen up to my No. 1 quarterback. His numbers aren't impressive, I know. But the NFL is all about projection, and he has a high ceiling. Coaches want to work with the 6-foot-5 Allen because he has all of the tools. I said last month that he is one of my favorite prospects in this class. The other top quarterbacks have warts, and there is no slam-dunk No. 1 prospect, which makes it a fun class. Scouts are looking forward to seeing Allen at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, next week, where he will work out with much better talent.

4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)
Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
This is the pick acquired in the Texans' trade up for Deshaun Watson last year. Cleveland has a new front office, and Barkley could be the best overall player in this class -- he's No. 1 on my Big Board. But how much do teams value running backs? We've seen in recent years that they can hit on backs in the top 10 (Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Elliott, Todd Gurley), but the Browns also have recent history missing on one (Trent Richardson, though they later got a first-round pick in return for him). And there is always value in the middle rounds -- just look at Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara in 2017. Barkley is a big-time running back, and I think he'll be a top-10 pick. He is built for today's NFL as a do-it-all runner and pass-catcher out of the backfield.
Old 01-18-18, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft has the Browns taking Josh Allen and Barkley at 1 and 4.
Hmmmmm. That's a hell of a leap on Allen.
Old 01-18-18, 02:00 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Hmmmmm. That's a hell of a leap on Allen.
I have watched a few games of his ... he is one heck of a physical talent ... I also noticed he(they) throw the ball down field more than the others ... could explain some of his stats ... I would like to see the numbers of each QBs with the distance thrown ... like 10 yards down field to 20 yards to 30 yards ... I know this is part of the analytics most teams do on QBs ... I think it would be interesting to see how they are compare ... I think Allen might be the best ... but it would take a lot of guts for Dorsey to draft him 1st ... I still think they will take Darnold because his is the safest pick ... Allen will have to kill it at the Senior Bowl to move up (IMO)

As far as the second pick ... Barkley is by far the most complete back ... I just not sure if he is a between the tackles runner ... I would take Fitzpatrick at #4 and come back and get Rashaad Penny in the second round ... this year's Kareem Hunt(IMO). With all this talk about the QBs in the conference finals ... what is not being said on here is that the 3 teams without elite QBs ... all have elite defenses.
Old 01-18-18, 02:05 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Agreed, joe. I like Fitzpatrick over Barkley.
Old 01-18-18, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
What strikes me about Barkley is just how easily he gives up when pinned down. He's elusive as heck, but he's not fighting for extra yards in a pinch. He showed that big time in the OSU game.
Old 01-18-18, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Works better when taking the pitch-out, lacking the sudden moves to get off the snap from the proper stance...For all of his power, he seems to prefer to run out of bounds rather than turn upfield to gain extra yardage...not that productive when called upon to take the ball up the middle...Looks to make the "home run" plays too often, developing a reliance on that factor... Better when he gets a rolling start (best with a few yards to build up), but still lacks that explosive burst you'd want in a player with his quickness...Little tight in the hips, preventing him from developing any "shake-&-bake" moves...Willing blocker, but not one who can rock the defender back...Shows strength breaking low tackles, but does not have that quick first step to avoid nor does he use his power to move the pile.
Barkley or ?